Biggest/Smallest Video Game Accomplishments

Foo228

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (98%)
I felt making this thread would be interesting as I just finished playing through Loco Roco without ever having to restart a level or dying (it was that easy).

Anyways, feel free to post what your biggest and smallest video game accomplishments were/are.

Here are mine:

Biggest Accomplishment: Beating the entire story mode of GTA: San Andreas (~70 hours?) without using one cheat code.

Smallest Accomplishment: Beating Loco Roco without dying once.

I'll match your biggest accomplishment of finishing the story mode on San Andreas and raise you 'flipping' the point counter on the home verion of Asteroids back on the Atari 2600.

I believe it flips at 1 million points and I had to play for about 4-6 hours to get it to that.

finished katamari damasy in one sitting (2 or 3 hours). it was addicting.

i barely finish games that i play these days. but i remember one time i played Age of Empires II: Age of Kings for 20 hours straight after coming home from a 12 hour work overnight.

Devil May Cry 3 - Beat Agni and Rudra on Dante Must Die mode only losing about 30-40% health which was rather lucky as I usually used 2 health items when fighting them on Dante Must Die difficulty.

Bonk's Adventure & Revenge (TG16) - Not really a big deal since they are easy and you can earn extra guys really easy but I always though it was funny that I never had to continue on either of these games.

Biggest:

DMC3:"SS" ranking every single level on every single difficulty.

Ninja Gaiden Black: Completing it on Master Ninja difficulty.

MGS3: Capturing all them damn ape escape moneys for Stealth. Also beating it on extreme and getting the rank "Big Boss"

SOTC: Beating time attack mode.

Smallest:

Beating all three of the GTA games with no cheats. To me this wasn't really that hard..

Beating Ruby and Emerald weapons in FF7 with no guides/faqs/cheats.

Beating Omega and Ultima weapons in FF6 Japanese version.

Beating Akuma in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo at the arcade. (You have to win every round in a complete game to fight him)

Greatest Achievement: When I played for almost 5 straight hours without losing to my Girlfriend and most of her immediate family in fighting games on PS2. The games were Capcom vs. SNK, Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore, Tekken 3, and Tekken Tag Team.

Biggest: Finished Contra on one quarter, factory setting difficulty, on an arcade machine.

2nd biggest: Finished Revenge of Shinobi, highest difficulty, starting with zero throwing knives without losing a life.

Smallest: Finishing Karamari Damancy

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']
Smallest: Beating all three of the GTA games with no cheats. To me this wasn't really that hard..[/quote]

:hot:

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']
Smallest:

Beating all three of the GTA games with no cheats. To me this wasn't really that hard..[/quote]

Beating them is one thing, but did you ever try for 100%? I know I came damn close on GTA III one time, save for 1-3 packages. Those packages seem pretty well hidden after you find all of the out in the open ones.

Oh and I did this not so amazing feat too. Easiest way to get through it with all of your weapons is any time you die, immediately reload the last save you made and voila, all your guns are back. Although, I had more than enough cash to go rebuy all of my weapons in Vice City the one time after beating a particularly hard level(I had almost zero health left n some rogue driver ran me down just as I arrived at a save point to save), so I just hit the gun shop and got back all my weapons that way instead of having to beat the hard mission again.

Biggest - Blast Corps, all platinums.

Smallest...umm, I don't really know how to answer that. Buying a game?

oot day and night changes. it might not seem like much but that was the first game i remember that ever had a change in time and even more than that osome things , events and people could only be experienced or met or seen at a certain time of day. its pretty commonplace in most games now but at the time that was new and amazing to me.

mario 64 everything. 3d platforming that still stands up to timethat game did everything right imo and had tons of cool stff. that underground dinosaur is still cool as was the giant eel and manta ray.

gta 3 the beginning of snadbox games and one of the first games that shocked me with how big the game world was. not to mention the fredom of doing what missiosn you wanted to.

tenchu: first stealth game ( at least my first) had a cool ninja theme awesome music that set the mood and wasone of the first games i strived to play over and over to get the best scores possible. i personally liked tenchu better tham mgs.

psu ops. the game set the standard for gaemes dealing with psychic powers and allowed you to really experiment with how you played the game with said powers. psi surfing is still cool.

metroid prime1. best jump from 2d to 3d gaming maybe even over mario 64. nobody knew how they were going to pull it off and if it would work and they went above and beyond to bring the fun and atmosphere of the metroid universe to 3d gaming.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Beating them is one thing, but did you ever try for 100%? I know I came damn close on GTA III one time, save for 1-3 packages. Those packages seem pretty well hidden after you find all of the out in the open ones.[/quote]

I only got 100% on GTA:VC. GTAIII and GTA:SA I got around 85% done before I stopped playing it.

Smallest - beating Contra with the 30 man code.
Biggest - beating Contra with 3.. men
Or prying myself away from Everquest to actually obtain... A LIFE!

PS. Ninja Gaiden/Black wasnt nearly that hard on master ninja. sry.:whistle2:#

Biggest: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - 100% Platinums. Yeah, I know they show you how to do a lot of the best tricks in the end credits, but it makes a man feel good to kick that much ass for that much fruit.

Smallest: Getting my Bowser up to a respectable level in Smash Bros Melee. I only attempted it because all my other friends insisted that Bowser could never be a serious contender, but I was determined! I brought on the FAQS, I brought on the YouTube vids, I tried and tried, and by the end I was able to reduce his lag and play to his strengths enough to take him to the bank.

[quote name='Lupuri']Smallest - beating Contra with the 30 man code.
Biggest - beating Contra with 3.. men
Or prying myself away from Everquest to actually obtain... A LIFE!

PS. Ninja Gaiden/Black wasnt nearly that hard on master ninja. sry.:whistle2:#[/quote]

Neither is beating contra.

smallest: getting all platinum medals in big brain academy (ds)/ getting 100% in def jam fight for NY in 2 sittings

biggest: beating half life 2 on every difficulty setting, every year sinc it's release.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Neither is beating contra.[/quote]With 3 men and no turbo controller? Surely you jest....

[quote name='Lupuri']With 3 men and no turbo controller? Surely you jest....[/quote]

Are we talking about old school contra or contra for PS2? I beat all the ones up to Neo Contra and couldn't finish that one, because it was crappy IMO. It's really not that hard, but it does take skill and memorizing a lot of patterns and attacks. It's basically like okay you get this far and die, now memorize this and once you do and get past it go to a new area, memorize this, die, rinse and repeat.

Biggest - Beating the arcade version of Ghouls N' Ghosts without continuing. Someday maybe I'll be able to pull it off without dying but my training regimen has really tapered off.

Smallest - Um... There's quite a few.

Biggest: 100% completion on Super Mario World (forget if you got stars or what not, but remember you had bonus stages on the red dots).

Next Biggest: Completing a full 162 game baseball season on High Heat 2002.

Smallest: Beating bubble bobble co-op.

1) Cycling through Contra two and a half times on just 3 lives on the NES.

2) Beat Marble Madness on the NES without looking at the screen for the first three stages. Also ended up beating it with 40 seconds left on the clock.

3) Almost beat Mega Man on the NES without losing a single life until a friend fell on the system. Infuriating too since I had just barely made it past all six bosses again in Wily's Castle.

4) Killing Kain in Fabul in FF4. Sure, it takes forever to level to do it and the game obviously expects you never to level Cecil beyond a certain point, but who cares? That and it's funny just to give Kain what he deserves, even if the story just continues on like you lost.

bread's done
Back