Binary Domain (360) $7.99 + $2.28 Ship @ gohastings.com

I got it for $12.50 I believe and I loved it. Went through the game twice, I just really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect (jet ski section among others) but it was an incredibly solid title and I enjoyed the setting and story. It was actually my sleeper hit of last year. I picked it up randomly due to all of the positive reader reactions here on CAG and I'm glad I did.

I don't think it'll ever go that low, if the Yakuza games are any indication (same developers). It seems like Japanese games hold their value pretty well since they're pretty niche now. Binary Domain is such an excellent game that when you play it, you won't believe you almost squelched on it for $2. Actually more like $1 since you'd have to pay tax with Gamefly and you probably don't with GoHastings, and you are getting it new here whereas Game fly is used and maybe chipped. That's not worth a dollar to you?

In for one.
Been wanting this since I first played the demo, Never thought it would drop this low.
Thanks OP!

Thanks OP! I almost got it during Newegg's $15 sale. But the backlog really made it hard to pay more money for this, doubt it will go lower than $9.99 new. So in for one!

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']I got it for 10 bucks during the MS store sale and I regret spending even that much on it.[/QUOTE]

I would agree, the game deserves more than $10. So good game

[quote name='whitereflection']I don't think it'll ever go that low, if the Yakuza games are any indication (same developers). It seems like Japanese games hold their value pretty well since they're pretty niche now. Binary Domain is such an excellent game that when you play it, you won't believe you almost squelched on it for $2. Actually more like $1 since you'd have to pay tax with Gamefly and you probably don't with GoHastings, and you are getting it new here whereas Game fly is used and maybe chipped. That's not worth a dollar to you?[/QUOTE]
You are probably right. Actually I use a cashback network that gives 10% CB on GF, so it really is $2.xx difference to me. I loved vanquish, I think I will like this as well. That's very informative info, thanks.

For me it is more of an purchase habit/OCD issue, as to If I really can afford the two dollars or not. :)

[quote name='Wario64']I would agree, the game deserves more than $10. So good game[/QUOTE]

Not sure I'd say its my fab of 2012 but I thought it was pretty great. Better than ME 3 but not as good as ME 2 IMO.

For those who played it already, Xbox 360 or PS3?Does the voice control thing utilize the Kinect and eye, if so, which one is better?

Enjoyed it well enough for a generic B tier shooter. Did both it and Inversion the same week and found both about equally good.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Enjoyed it well enough for a generic B tier shooter. Did both it and Inversion the same week and found both about equally good.[/QUOTE]

I thought inversion was MUCH worse. In fact, I couldn't even force myself to finish it. The shooting is much better in binary domain.

[quote name='Brawl96']For those who played it already, Xbox 360 or PS3?Does the voice control thing utilize the Kinect and eye, if so, which one is better?[/QUOTE]

Shooters are more fun to play on Xbox because the triggers on the controller make the controls very intuitive, but in this case I'd only recommend the Xbox version if you're only going to play single-player. Online is completely dead on the Xbox version, which is sad because there is an extremely fun Horde mode.

No Kinect or PlayStation Move support, but the game does allow for microphone use to issue commands to your team. Neat feature but it was often faster to just use the controller.

[quote name='Blaster man']I thought inversion was MUCH worse. In fact, I couldn't even force myself to finish it. The shooting is much better in binary domain.[/QUOTE]
We shall have to agree to disagree.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Your sig picture for the win[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sir.

I'm glad I finally got this. I've been wanting this for a while. I appreciate Japanese developed games a lot more than those from the West, so this is my kind of shooter.

I am tempted to buy it but I dont know if ill ever get around to beating it. Does it have coop campaign if it does then ill grab two copies and give one to my friend.

[quote name='TooPoor']I would gladly pick it up for $9.99, but not for $12.27. Guess my only option is Gamefly sale now.[/QUOTE]

I know that we're all cheap, but is $2.27 seriously a deal breaker?

[quote name='Zaku77']I know that we're all cheap, but is $2.27 seriously a deal breaker?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully $10.27 won't break him... :lol:

Had to pick this up based on all the great word of mouth. Glad I held out a couple of days!

[quote name='Zaku77']I know that we're all cheap, but is $2.27 seriously a deal breaker?[/QUOTE]
Yeah it is a deal breaker for me. Call me mad, it really is. It's a math freak OCD thing. Good thing is, I have a backlog that is less than 5 games, and have played almost all the games I am most interested in, but at a later date. I really have ∞ patience when it comes to waiting for games to drop. I somewhat developed my own pace/algorithm of optimally refreshing the backlog, and make sure the games I just finished is bought cheapest, but traded back in time before the TiV completely dips.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Hopefully $10.27 won't break him... :lol:
Had to pick this up based on all the great word of mouth. Glad I held out a couple of days![/QUOTE]
Well, it would break me it it had the :ps3: version :D. I have one "slot" per month for purchasing a game that is >=$9.99, after shipping + tax - cashback from CB networks and credit cards, and it's currently empty!

I would die on your budget lol. I have a backlog of 500+ games. I buy multiple steelbooks per month that cost more than $10--much more--let alone the games that go with them lol. I'm thankful for my current lack of expenses, that much is certain. Back to the $2.27 thing, though. I guess I just can't squabble over anything less than $5. Even at $5 I have a hard time waffling too much. When you're talking about the price of a Mcdonalds combo or a jumbo bottle of soda from the store, is it really even worth thinking about? lol

Well, again, this makes me look deranged, but it's really a math/OCD thing. I don't think about it, I just follow my own set of rules, kind of like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. If I had your backlog I would loose my mind trying to mentally arrange them.

bread's done
Back