BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you save items on WATCH LIST

go to live search pick Wii get the 30% off banner and then click on Watch items and pick anything or do you have to have the 30% pop up by name

i would buy something but woried.

i can go to ebay not even going though the link and it still says 30% off even though its been over an hour since i clicked on the link.

hate to buy the item and then say i got DQ for some stupid reaason. or each time it resets the timer??

i hope this worked picked up

Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals (Nintendo DS) for 23.00 shipped. - almost 7 bucks in cash back Meaning a net game for 16.00

Yes i could picked this up brand new at CC for 30 and got a 10 buck gift card but figured this

CC deal 30 + 2.10 TAX = 32.10 - 10 buck gift card = TOTAL 22.10

This deal Total 16.00

saved little over 6 bucks... if i take take away i figured i paid around 15 for it

if MSFT pulls something it would still cost me 22.10 so i lost around a buck

rented the game off gamefly and like it and some people are saying its a rather long game (HOPEFULLY)
i got this on the check out page

Subtotal: US $23.00

Shipping & handling: FREE

Total: US $23.00

*The estimated delivery time is based on the seller's handling time, the shipping service selected, and the payment method selected.

Cashback Total:US $6.90
Pay with PayPal, claim your cashback with Microsoft and get it in 60 days. See conditions

so hopefully that means i WILL get the 7 back

Tempted in a way to pick up

Valhalla Knights 2 for around 19 shipped after cash back BUT it says limit 6 and already blew 4

(stupid cousin used my account to pick up POGO gift codes and used the MSFT deal wooo 54 cents and 1.21 LOL)

and picked up another game so i only got 2 left and would rather save them and hope someone list

UNION PSP Or FF 4 cheap

Thanks for the info OP.
I'm glad I couldn't find any Harmony 520 remotes on clearance for $50 at target.
Thanks to this deal, I got a 550 instead for $44 once I get the money back from Microsoft.

[quote name='torifile']Yeah. It's back up.

Can we create new paypal accounts to take advantage of the deal? Or do accounts need to be of a certain age before they'll work? Any *really* good flippable items out there?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to create new paypal accounts. Using two ebay and two live accounts worked for me, but I paid for both of them with the same paypal account. I've gotten cashback from both of them already.

Can't believe this is still going since 10-10. I bought the holiday arcade xbox. The seller is even sending me the receipt to show that it was purchased less than two weeks ago. I had to pay an extra $20 versus other xboxes, but I think it's obviously worth it given that my other xbox died on me.

I really wish I had a need/want to purchase more stuff like a psp, ds, ps3, wii, pc, laptop, ect...too bad I already have that stuff. Well, I did buy 2 wiis, both of which are 2 months old with receipts, and bought pre-order copies of LBP and Fable 2. I had them reserved on Amazon, used BME to save $15, and was going to get $20 in gift cards, however this deal is far superior. I wonder how much of a hit M$ is taking?

I just did a lot of math and realized that even if I stick to their 6 transaction limit, I can save $100 by buying my upcoming games through Live cash back. This rules.

Back down to 20% for me now. Quick question (I'm sure it's already been answered) - is the $200 a per transaction limit or limit per account (over 6 transactions)?

[quote name='rarebucky']Back down to 20% for me now. Quick question (I'm sure it's already been answered) - is the $200 a per transaction limit or limit per account (over 6 transactions)?[/QUOTE]
Try searching under Cheap Wii. I just got the link for 30%.
Picked the little lady up a second gen 16GB Ipod Touch for Christmas. It was 308 shipped, minus 90 Live cashback and whatever Big Crumbs gives me. I think 200ish is a pretty good deal. The seller's feedback is a bit low-- 48 and he's only had one transaction this year as a seller. Also, the description said "New in box, never opened" with a tiny ass picture of a Ipod Touch. Hopefully it's the case. Question for anyone who can answer-- are the Ipod boxes pretty difficult to close once open? Will I be able to tell if the seller was lying and it was a used Ipod?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Try searching under Cheap Wii. I just got the link for 30%.
Picked the little lady up a second gen 16GB Ipod Touch for Christmas. It was 308 shipped, minus 90 Live cashback and whatever Big Crumbs gives me. I think 200ish is a pretty good deal. The seller's feedback is a bit low-- 48 and he's only had one transaction this year as a seller. Also, the description said "New in box, never opened" with a tiny ass picture of a Ipod Touch. Hopefully it's the case. Question for anyone who can answer-- are the Ipod boxes pretty difficult to close once open? Will I be able to tell if the seller was lying and it was a used Ipod?[/quote]

They have a clear plastic seal on either end of the box and are kind of a pain to open. I don't think it would be too hard to fake a seal on it though.

More importantly, even if it was opened, there's not a whole lot you can do with it before making a hairline mark on the chrome backing. so you can check that if it looks suspicious. if it was DOA I doubt the guy would turn it around and sell it on ebay.

This is such a great deal. I have saved over $50 on textbooks that were already cheaper than anywhere else since they were the international editions. I also just got a brand new Braun Pulsonic electric shaver for $140 after the cash back. I have needed an electric razor since I started my new job a couple of months ago and this was even better than the Amazon deal that gives you a $50 gift card with the purchase.

how do you get the cashback to show up on your account? i made two purchases with cashback and clicked the cash back link, then signed into an account i already have. it said i would need to activate cash back, but never took me to any page for that.

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']how do you get the cashback to show up on your account? i made two purchases with cashback and clicked the cash back link, then signed into an account i already have. it said i would need to activate cash back, but never took me to any page for that.[/QUOTE]

If you did it right, you should get a cashback email from live.com in a day or two.

[quote name='gkrykewy']If you did it right, you should get a cashback email from live.com in a day or two.[/QUOTE]

sent to where? i got 2 messages in my ebay inbox and they had a get cashback button but it doesnt appear to show once i sign in

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']sent to where? i got 2 messages in my ebay inbox and they had a get cashback button but it doesnt appear to show once i sign in[/QUOTE]

Sent to the email address that you used for your live.com cashback account.

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']sent to where? i got 2 messages in my ebay inbox and they had a get cashback button but it doesnt appear to show once i sign in[/QUOTE]

It may take a couple of days for a new purchase to show up on the cash back website.

Nice, tried this out and ordered Dead Space for PS3 - came out to 41.93 (free shipping) after cashback. Since I was going to try TRU and it's not working online (I never trust in store), this came right on time as it is the only game in October that I want.

Edit: So now that I have made a purchase, can I go in later today and use the cashback program again? I know you guys mentioned something about 6 transactions. And is that 6 transactions for the life of the program or does it renew monthly/annually?

What are the feedback requirements for setting up a BIN auction? I only had four feedback on my old ebay account, that I got blocked out of because for some reason I owed them 3 dollars and the system wouldn't take it out of my paypal, so I had to make a new one.

Snagged a WII bundle $400 (wii, wii play w/remote, xtra nunchuck) + free ship (really, it's baked in) - 30% ($120) = $280.

Initial buy it now price is a bit out-of-whack since components alone would run me about $320 (250 + 20 +50) but after cashback it evens out.

Didn't want to buy a Wii (already have 2 360's) but the family wants it for Christmas - and that's all they're getting too.

Thanks for the link guys!

FYI... got the cashback message in my ebay account within 20min...

[quote name='DarthPuma']What are the feedback requirements for setting up a BIN auction? I only had four feedback on my old ebay account, that I got blocked out of because for some reason I owed them 3 dollars and the system wouldn't take it out of my paypal, so I had to make a new one.[/quote]

Here you go, Im not sure which one you qualify for, but this is what I found

Feedback requirements
With a PayPal account
Listing a single item at a fixed price
  • Minimum feedback score of 5

PayPal accepted as payment method on listing
  • If you’re selling through a Premium or Anchor Store, you will also need to be PayPal Verified.
Listing multiple items at a fixed price
  • Minimum feedback score of 15

PayPal accepted as payment method on listing
  • If you’re selling through a Premium or Anchor Store, you will also need to be PayPal Verified.
Without a PayPal account
Listing a single item at a fixed price
  • Minimum feedback score of 10
Listing multiple items at a fixed price
  • Minimum feedback score of 30
  • Registered user for at least 14 days

I plan on buying Dead Space right now...can I buy Guitar Hero World Tour right after and still get cashback? Because the terms say:

"Cashback Rewards will apply only to the first eligible item you commit to buy on www.eBay.com during an Online Session. Cashback Rewards will not be applied to any additional items or purchases"

Ok, I just bought GHWT as my first purchase instead and when I created my cashback account, it says "Total Cashback $0.00"...after I had paid with paypal and it told me I was eligible for $18.

What's wrong?

Just purchased a sealed Buzz! Quiz TV on PS3 for $50 + $5 shipping before the cashback. Received $15 cashback for a grand total of $40. Saved myself ~$25 if I were to buy it in store which makes me a happy man. :bouncy:

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I plan on buying Dead Space right now...can I buy Guitar Hero World Tour right after and still get cashback? Because the terms say:

"Cashback Rewards will apply only to the first eligible item you commit to buy on www.eBay.com during an Online Session. Cashback Rewards will not be applied to any additional items or purchases"[/quote]

i think people have been making multiple purchases through the same "session" just fine. But if you want to be safe just buy one item then wait an hour or 2 and activate the link again and make the second purchase.

[quote name='qwerty1']i think people have been making multiple purchases through the same "session" just fine. But if you want to be safe just buy one item then wait an hour or 2 and activate the link again and make the second purchase.[/quote]

Ok, thanks, that will really help. I plan on buying Rock Band 2, Dead Space, Tomb Raider, and then maybe a blu-ray or 2!

[quote name='Link927']Here you go, Im not sure which one you qualify for, but this is what I found[/quote]

Thanks. I guess I can contact ebay and see what I can do about my old account, and then buy something cheap to get the needed score.

Cashback Rewards will apply only to the first eligible item you commit to buy on www.eBay.com during an Online Session. Cashback Rewards will not be applied to any additional items or purchases.

What's that all about?

Unless I'm mistaken, It only counts for one item at a time, meaning you can't buy a bunch of items at once and get the 30% off on all of them.
You can get the 30% off on 6 different items, but you have to do 6 different transactions.

I just did this for the first time, bought Fallout 3 for $78.49 with $3.99 shipping, so after the 30% off I'll be getting it for $54.95. Here is the seller I bought it from, he lists 9 available: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fallout-3-Colle...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I picked up the insurance just in case, but even after adding that and shipping it ends up being cheaper than picking it up at Gamestop which I originally was going to do. Tax here is 8.5%, so after getting the 30% back I'll be making out like a bandit.

it means you can only buy one item per session. so basically you have to close the browser (or maybe just the tab) and re-do your live search, get the 30% cashback banner, and go to ebay through that again. Recently bought an excellent projector, the Optoma hd-65 (refurb) for about $500, a 60gb 360 for about $200, and rockband2 with accessory pre-order for about $140 shipped

as a note, you have to wait 60 days to get your cash back. so i paid full price, and the prices above are taking into account the 30% cashback.

anyone see FF 4 Ds falling soon... THinking about buying it off Ebay using the 30% discount but just dont know. GOt a funny feeling this game be 20 day after thanksgiving

amazon already had it Deal of day for 26 new sealed

I did two large purchases this morning. A set of rims and seat for my golf cart. I purchased the seat then was about to buy the rims but the banner was not at the top. I had to close the browser do another live search and then buy the rims. I did get the money back (during the paypal screen). It was close to $200 cashback on both purchases. I made sure to do them seperately though.

[quote name='xnonfactor']I did two large purchases this morning. A set of rims and seat for my golf cart. I purchased the seat then was about to buy the rims but the banner was not at the top. I had to close the browser do another live search and then buy the rims. I did get the money back (during the paypal screen). It was close to $200 cashback on both purchases. I made sure to do them seperately though.[/QUOTE]

i hope people are not going crazy just buying items thinking they get this cash back.... What are you going to do is MSFT pulls something and says that it did not count. This is why im only buying things i really want and the CASH Back is just making it better

[quote name='DarthPuma']Just waiting for a decent price on a new 16 gig touch.

Do you have to pay as soon as you buy in order to get the CB?[/quote]
No,I think its after 30 days or when the seller expects payment.

how do u know the 30% is activated. I click on the link for 30% on live search and then i log on to my ebay account and i only see the 30% icon when i go to My Ebay but not when im searching for items on ebay.

[quote name='da408boss']how do u know the 30% is activated. I click on the link for 30% on live search and then i log on to my ebay account and i only see the 30% icon when i go to My Ebay but not when im searching for items on ebay.[/quote]

It comes up when you click "Buy It Now". You'll see the amount you save before you click "Commit to Purchase".

[quote name='slidecage']i hope people are not going crazy just buying items thinking they get this cash back.... What are you going to do is MSFT pulls something and says that it did not count. This is why im only buying things i really want and the CASH Back is just making it better[/quote]

These were purchases I had already slated to buy before the end of the year. We got a used golf cart and are fixing it up for my daughter. The 30% back just sweetens the deal.

[quote name='slidecage']i hope people are not going crazy just buying items thinking they get this cash back.... What are you going to do is MSFT pulls something and says that it did not count. This is why im only buying things i really want and the CASH Back is just making it better[/quote]

Dude, you were saying this same crap in the old cashback thread. :roll: So far, it looks like pretty much everyone's been getting their cashback as long as they were paying attention to make sure it shows up before committing to the Buy It Now auction.

If MS decides to reneg, I think they would be in serious trouble considering you have messages in your e-mail AND eBay account saying you will get it.

Besides, who's to say that the stuff we're buying isn't stuff we want? I don't think people would buy stuff they didn't want, especially since we're limited to 6 cashbacks.

Sure, everything in this world has a chance of going wrong, especially e-transactions but you're seriously blowing this out of proportion.

bread's done
Back