BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
it has to be a buy it now auction, you have to use paypal, and your at the mercy of whether or not the seller will respond to the messages from microsoft (I think anyway).
And the reason you dont' get the money for 60 days, is because they want to make sure you don't re-sell it. Not sure how they'd know, but I believe that is what's behind the 60 days pending.

[quote name='sunnysky']it has to be a buy it now auction, you have to use paypal, and your at the mercy of whether or not the seller will respond to the messages from microsoft (I think anyway).
And the reason you dont' get the money for 60 days, is because they want to make sure you don't re-sell it. Not sure how they'd know, but I believe that is what's behind the 60 days pending.[/quote]

No, you're not at the mercy of the seller. You're at the mercy of eBay. You would just have to shoot an email to eBay if you're having an issue so that they can correctly report the purchase to Microsoft.

The 60 day waiting period is actually so that you don't return the item. Reselling is fine by Microsoft's agreement, but you may have to take a look at eBay's as well to be certain.

[quote name='sunnysky']it has to be a buy it now auction, you have to use paypal, and your at the mercy of whether or not the seller will respond to the messages from microsoft (I think anyway).
And the reason you dont' get the money for 60 days, is because they want to make sure you don't re-sell it. Not sure how they'd know, but I believe that is what's behind the 60 days pending.[/quote]

As GuardianE says, there's no "message from Microsoft" that the seller has to respond to. As long as you followed the relatively straightforward steps (i.e. you made sure that the cashback logo appeared on the screen as you went through checkout and payment) the purchase will automatically appear in your Live cashback account within a few days of the purchase (with a countdown timer showing when it will be available for transfer to your PayPal account).

And to parrot GuardianE again, the 60 days is so you don't try to return your purchase for a refund and keep the cash back. Makes sense to me.

every giftcard on ebay is like 20% more than the value because of this.

You used to be able to buy a $500 GC for $450, now they're $625, wtf. That's no deal.

electronics are always a good score.

when does this promo end?

6 per ebay account? Ebay accounts are easy to make, I would imagine you would need another paypal account for every ebay account. Looks like I'll be signing up my entire family for paypal this month.

[quote name='Casiotech']every giftcard on ebay is like 20% more than the value because of this.

You used to be able to buy a $500 GC for $450, now they're $625, wtf. That's no deal.

electronics are always a good score.

when does this promo end?

6 per ebay account? Ebay accounts are easy to make, I would imagine you would need another paypal account for every ebay account. Looks like I'll be signing up my entire family for paypal this month.[/quote]

It mentions that gift cards sold above face value are subject to further investigation. I bet many of the sellers and buyers of these gift cards are going to have some trouble. Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of fraud is going on. For example, you can list something you don't actually have, get a friend to buy it from you, have him pay, then split the $200 minus any fees. I don't see how they would be able to track something like that if you do it properly. Lastly, how long is this deal going to last? Is M$ trying to bankrupt? I guess it's the new trend. What exactly is the reasoning behind giving ebay discounts?

[quote name='kmartbum001']For example, you can list something you don't actually have, get a friend to buy it from you, have him pay, then split the $200 minus any fees. I don't see how they would be able to track something like that if you do it properly.[/quote]

Considering the amount of fraud talk we see around here (see: TRU B2G1 thread), I'm surprised no one else has brought this up, yet. ;)

[quote name='kmartbum001']It mentions that gift cards sold above face value are subject to further investigation. I bet many of the sellers and buyers of these gift cards are going to have some trouble. Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of fraud is going on. For example, you can list something you don't actually have, get a friend to buy it from you, have him pay, then split the $200 minus any fees. I don't see how they would be able to track something like that if you do it properly. Lastly, how long is this deal going to last? Is M$ trying to bankrupt? I guess it's the new trend. What exactly is the reasoning behind giving ebay discounts?[/quote]

I don't think anything like this is going to bankrupt either MS nor eBay. Consider the fact that you're only limited to 6 of these and with a $200 maximum each. That's not really a whole lot, considering how much money MS and eBay have. And if this and the past cashback thread on CAG is any indication, not many people are bumping up on that $200 limiter. Finally, I don't think there are many people that are aware of the cashback program unless they frequent this and other deal sites.

Oh yeah, and both MS and eBay aren't really in financial trouble, either.

yeah everyone is thinking up ways to scam this deal.

buyers and sellers alike. Every giftcard for sale now is freaking 20% more than face value. If your friends buy something from you you don't have, nobody can really find out. Also, it's true not many people even know about this promotion. If I post this deal on a fashion forum, suddenly every clothing listing on ebay will spread like wildfire containing the 30% off in each subtitle.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I don't think anything like this is going to bankrupt either MS nor eBay. Consider the fact that you're only limited to 6 of these and with a $200 maximum each. That's not really a whole lot, considering how much money MS and eBay have. And if this and the past cashback thread on CAG is any indication, not many people are bumping up on that $200 limiter. Finally, I don't think there are many people that are aware of the cashback program unless they frequent this and other deal sites.

Oh yeah, and both MS and eBay aren't really in financial trouble, either.[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know they aren't in any financial trouble. I would just like to know the reason why M$ would do this, with no obvious explanation I've seen or heard. Not many people know about it, however it is obviously having an effect on the price of gift cards and the sale of many electronics, especially consoles. The cashback on each sale may not be that significant for multi-billion dollar corporations, but it adds up when an ass load of people been have doing it at 30% since 10-10.

It's not really worth doing this for reselling electronics.
for instance:

buy a PSP for $160 shipped. That's the best deal you'll pretty much find.
get it for around $110 shipped.

sell it for $160 on ebay
after fees and shipping you are left with $130

$20 profit x6 = $120 which you have to wait almost 2.5 months to get.

great deal if you want to buy stuff for yourself at already reduced prices plus cashback but not really worth much unless you buy bigger things to resell like ps3's or whatever.

also those thinking of doing scams with their friends. Not really feasible either.

friend buys imaginary laptop from you for $700.
has to pay you on his CC or whatever and pay interest on this for almost 3 months if he doesn't use cash.
you have to pay 15% ebay/paypal combined fees of around $100

after 3 months you split the $200 -$100 = $100 /2 people = $50 each- any interest = fail..

[quote name='GuardianE']No, you're not at the mercy of the seller. You're at the mercy of eBay. You would just have to shoot an email to eBay if you're having an issue so that they can correctly report the purchase to Microsoft.

The 60 day waiting period is actually so that you don't return the item. Reselling is fine by Microsoft's agreement, but you may have to take a look at eBay's as well to be certain.[/quote]

Cool. Thanks for that info.
I'm at work, so I just purused Guaridians info. Obviosly I didn't read it as clearly as I should have.
Thanks again. It's really nice to know that we don't have to worry about a procrastinating seller. It's bad enough knowing that I won't see my Elite for probably a couple weeks.
At least I'll still get my $69back.
Thanks again.

[quote name='kmartbum001']Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know they aren't in any financial trouble. I would just like to know the reason why M$ would do this, with no obvious explanation I've seen or heard. Not many people know about it, however it is obviously having an effect on the price of gift cards and the sale of many electronics, especially consoles. The cashback on each sale may not be that significant for multi-billion dollar corporations, but it adds up when an ass load of people been have doing it at 30% since 10-10.[/quote]

I could only imagine it's for interest. Ebay/paypal automatically takes 15% or so and the other 15% microsoft will dish out because they will make bajillions of you using their search engine which they have advertisers pay out big time and they get to keep your money interest free for 2-3 months..

[quote name='kmartbum001']Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know they aren't in any financial trouble. I would just like to know the reason why M$ would do this, with no obvious explanation I've seen or heard. Not many people know about it, however it is obviously having an effect on the price of gift cards and the sale of many electronics, especially consoles. The cashback on each sale may not be that significant for multi-billion dollar corporations, but it adds up when an ass load of people been have doing it at 30% since 10-10.[/quote]

Well, maybe the question is why NOT do it? They're promoting their own search engine (Live) by doing this. Also, to get our cashback, we're clicking on their SPONSORED links by eBay, which means they're most likely getting money per click.

As for eBay, they're getting increased traffic and revenue from this deal. Even if they need to give up a small percentage of their earnings for this deal (and that is assuming they're paying out to be part of the cashback program), it is better than not having the increased traffic at all. Plus, their thousands of other auctions that end each day that AREN'T ended with cashback more than makes up for this small pay out they're (presumably) making to people taking advantage of the cashback. I mean, this is just like any other store offering out coupons or sales.

Besides, even the people who are marking things up (who are probably part of the small minority of people cruising deal sites) are few and far in between. Plus, the stuff they're selling is a mere drop in the bucket compared to all the cars, boats, houses, etc. being sold on eBay along with other items that are in the thousands.

[quote name='Casiotech']friend buys imaginary laptop from you for $700.
has to pay you on his CC or whatever and pay interest on this for almost 3 months if he doesn't use cash.

after 3 months you split the $200 -$100 = $100 /2 people = $50 each- any interest = fail..[/quote]

lol, Why are you assuming that people would have to pay interest? If you're having trouble paying for a $700 item temporarily, this isn't something that should be attempted anyway.

Thing about it is, you're getting $50 for doing nothing. That's a win in my book. I haven't done this, but I toyed around with the idea back when it was 35% and the cap was $250.

If you're doing it with a $700 balance, having your friend buy something off you, you now have maybe $600 minus fees like you said. Then, you give the $600 back to your friend. He's invested $100 in something and will be getting a return of $150 (not a bad interest rate for 70 days). You've invested nothing and will be receiving $50 kickback.

Considering that the auction can be a piece of crap and takes no ingenuity, labor/time is pretty much nothing.

you are forgetting that you could be running into tons of potential problems like paypal requiring proof of inventory, proof of shipping, etc. Even if the auction is set for local pickup.

Then they can catch on to other non disclosed facts which can even mess you up in some way or get you suspended. Not worth $50 to me.

but if someone found a way to do these things with a scale of dozens of accounts, that's an epic win.

[quote name='Casiotech']It's not really worth doing this for reselling electronics.
for instance:

buy a PSP for $160 shipped. That's the best deal you'll pretty much find.
get it for around $110 shipped.

sell it for $160 on ebay
after fees and shipping you are left with $130

$20 profit x6 = $120 which you have to wait almost 2.5 months to get.

great deal if you want to buy stuff for yourself at already reduced prices plus cashback but not really worth much unless you buy bigger things to resell like ps3's or whatever.

also those thinking of doing scams with their friends. Not really feasible either.

friend buys imaginary laptop from you for $700.

after 3 months you split the $200 -$100 = $100 /2 people = $50 each- any interest = fail..[/QUOTE]

Obviously if you're intent is to resell something you want to maximize your cashback and find an item as close to $700. The PSP is a horrible example, no sane person thinks they're going to be able to resell that given its low price.

If you can find an item that's easy to sell for the same as (or closed to) what you paid for it, it's easy to make over $100, multiplied up to as many as 6 times.

Why do great deals like this always degenerate into talk of fraud and how to scam the companies involved? Please don't post here discussing how beat this system, especially when what you are describing is illegal.

Look at it this way, you can get brand new systems and games for 30% cheaper than retail with no sales tax using this deal. Go out, find a good deal and reap the rewards that are offered, but don't clutter up this thread with how you can (or can't) scam ebay and microsoft.

[quote name='Vcize']Obviously if you're intent is to resell something you want to maximize your cashback and find an item as close to $700. The PSP is a horrible example, no sane person thinks they're going to be able to resell that given its low price.

If you can find an item that's easy to sell for the same as (or closed to) what you paid for it, it's easy to make over $100, multiplied up to as many as 6 times.[/quote]

yeah the PSP is a bad example to make good money but they are very good at keeping they're retail value and of course not everyone can drop $700 on an item like they can $110. A ps3 always has promos and rebates via sonystyle or chase visa so it's harder to get the full retail for it when you resell because the market tends to stay flooded with ps3s.

The reason Microsoft is doing this is a desperate attempt to get people to use live search/to compete with google. I don't know about anyone else, but the only thing I have ever searched for on live.com is "cheap wii". Literally. Of course I didn't care about nor look at the results except for the 30% off ebay link which I clicked, then did a search on ebay.

Thanks for the post, OP! I managed to pick up Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) for $37.80 with free 2 day UPS shipping!

I was agonizing whether or not to go the "TRU B2G1 Free Placeholder" route, but this deal is clearly better. I'm willing to wait a few days if I get to avoid the driving hassle and potential rejection from store managers. And it feels good supporting a non-multinational corporation. :)

b2g1 free route is better for games, you get your 3 games up front all 33% off retail and no waiting around for rebates. You have to pay sales tax so it makes it about 29% off each game.

but you need to find 3 games you want.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Been refreshing ps3s between 200 and 300 all day today and managed to snag a 60 gb for 225-65 = 160![/QUOTE]

I'm dying to catch something like that.

Thanks for posting this OP, I got the following two days ago and my rewards are already showing on live.com :):

- 750GB Harddrive ~$55 (After Cashback)
- Crysis: Special Edition Complete ~$14 (After Cashback)

Then just about 10min ago, I got the following:
- Nintendo Wii (Complete with Wii Sports, an extra wii remote, and Zelda: Twilight Princess) ~$167 (after Cashback).

Considering it is still hard enough to find a Wii anywhere, I feel I got a pretty good deal. Saved almost $100 by not buying a new Wii (including tax) and got a free game and extra controller.

Edit: WOW, this keeps getting better! The person who I won the Wii from messaged me and said he couldn't find the case for Zelda: Twilight Princess, so he was going to throw Super Smash Bros. Brawl (complete) in to make up for it. I'll take Super Smash Bros. Brawl over a Zelda Case!!! LOL. So now for $167, I got a Wii, 2 remotes, 1 numchuck, all cables/sensor bar, Wii Sports, and two of the best games available for the Wii: Zelda and Smash Bros!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TLPRIME']I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... I search for something on live.com...Click on the 30% off on ebay sponsor link at the top...find something I want and click buy it now and I see NOTHING about any cashback before committing to buy. I've tried several different items and all give me the same result.

I've already been burned on this once cause I bought Dead Space but misread and thought I would get notification after committing to buy it, but nothing. That was my bad for misreading. But it's not working for me regardless.

Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

I have the same problem with my laptop, but when I tried on my desktop it worked fine. I tried both IE and Firefox on my laptop, but still didn't work.

the reason they are doing this is simple. every ONE percent of the search market you take from google is worth -ONE BILLION- dollars. Consider the millions they would spend on advertising to get a percent, and you will follow the logic of microsoft.

best deal ever!

sucks i just bought somethng yesterday for 150 on ebay!!! coulda used the extra 45bucks back!!

Shoulda read this post earlier!!

If anyone can find me a 360 core or pro 60gb(Holiday bundle) at regular price with free shipping let me know. Been looking haven't seen any.

Yeah ive notice sellers are now jacking up their prices on ebay by 10-15% and then stating the"30% off"
which is really only 15-20% off due to their price hiking.

lol. sneaky.

[quote name='slidecage']picked up 2 games just cant think of any others that i need.

Anyone know of any good rpg games that came be found cheap ..[/quote]So far I did same pre-order gears 2 and guitar hero world tour.

Now looking to buy a 360 for my brother.

[quote name='Bazz']So far I did same pre-order gears 2 and guitar hero world tour.

Now looking to buy a 360 for my brother.[/QUOTE]

i picked up

after discount with shipping

FF 4 ds for 21
Spectrobs 2 for 15

love to find a cheap

Ygaada? union

so i just bought an ipod touch 16gb for $323, about $227 after cashback. I think that's a pretty good price on a brand new 2nd gen ipod touch.

so do i just wait for a message on my ebay account? and does it matter that my live.com is a different email address than my ebay account? and will it matter if i wasnt signed in on my live.com account when i did the purchase?

sorry if that's alot of questions

So far I've ordered Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Fallout 3, and Resistance 2. I feel like I'm wasting my cash back, but I just don't seem to have any major purchases right now.

I'm really sorry, the OP's post is galringly obvious but for my own clarification, If my dad and myself have separate ebay accounts, do we each get 6 discounts?

Just making sure, thanks!

[quote name='Wario64']so i just bought an ipod touch 16gb for $323, about $227 after cashback. I think that's a pretty good price on a brand new 2nd gen ipod touch.

so do i just wait for a message on my ebay account? and does it matter that my live.com is a different email address than my ebay account? and will it matter if i wasnt signed in on my live.com account when i did the purchase?

sorry if that's alot of questions[/quote]

Yes, no, no.

[quote name='Wario64']
[/QUOTE]

yes, wait for the message on your ebay account.
In the message, click the gold button that says "Get Cash Back" and it brings you to the Live Search Cashback login page where you are prompted to sign in to your live.com account. It doesn't matter that you were not signed in at time of purchase.

My ebay is different from my live account and everything worked fine.

Cheers!

i have alot of things i want in general so i might as well get them on ebay,

360 vga cables new hard drive tv tuner and wireless keyboard come off the top of my head, just need some money

New 24 inch monitor for perfect 1080p on 360/PS3. I spent only $215. Not the best monitor, but definitely worth the extra resolution for the consoles and Warhammer Online for PC, :).

I just got a sony 32" bravia 1080p for 500.

GOD I love this deal. Guys...guys...should I go for a surround sound system? I feel guilty! All this spending on meeeeeeee.

[quote name='menikmati']Just got PayPaled my cashback that I requested on 10/7.[/QUOTE]

Wait - what? When did you do a purchase? Isn't it 75 days?

It's actually 12 total transacations per account, not 6.

You may receive Cashback Rewards for up to a maximum of twelve (12) Online Sessions per account on www.eBay.com. Once you have completed twelve (12) Online Sessions under any eBay.com account, you will no longer be eligible to receive Cashback Rewards for purchases made under such eBay.com account. ;

bread's done
Back