BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, when I said that I got the Wii + Wii Fit for $220, turns out the dude was (most likely) a scammer. Refunded my payment, messaged me to say that they made a "mistake", and to resend the payment. Outside of ebay? No thanks!

But, I just found a brand new Wii at $187 after the 25% off. There are still 4 more available at that price, all from the same seller (if you want the link, PM me)... No feedback, but hey, at least I'm protected under PayPal. If I can get a Wii Fit for ~$90, that's a damn good deal.

[quote name='kazunori']Ah, thanks. Darn I usually do pay directly with my CC cause I never have any funds in my PP account, but as luck would have it, I paid for this item with PP funds cause I had some left in my account at the time from the previous successful claim. :([/quote]

I believe what you said about Paypal not being able to recover funds only applies to the Paypal Buyer Complaint Policy. PayPal Buyer Protection is different, and it doesn't matter whether there are funds in the seller's account or not.

If you saw "Pay with Paypal and you're covered" you should be ok.

Just wondering, if the seller refunds you after you used the cashback, does that mean you lose a use? I assume that 60 day wait period will un-verify your purchase so you dont get the cashback, but will you get back a use?

[quote name='Link927']Just wondering, if the seller refunds you after you used the cashback, does that mean you lose a use? I assume that 60 day wait period will un-verify your purchase so you dont get the cashback, but will you get back a use?[/QUOTE]

After a refund, you do not lose a use of CashBack. Recently, I received a refund, and the CashBack entry was deleted from my account. The entire transaction is gone like it never existed in the first place.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Also, just wondering, if you buy something then sell it a few days later (like a Silent Hill game I kinda regret), do I lose the cashback too?[/QUOTE]

they have no way of knowing that what you're selling is the same thing that you bought, so no...

[quote name='aerotive']I believe what you said about Paypal not being able to recover funds only applies to the Paypal Buyer Complaint Policy. PayPal Buyer Protection is different, and it doesn't matter whether there are funds in the seller's account or not.

If you saw "Pay with Paypal and you're covered" you should be ok.[/quote]

Yeah the item was fully covered by PayPal, not just the Buyer Complaint Policy, so hopefully I do get my payment back, cause it was almost a hundred bucks and it's been almost a week since the claim closed and I've still only recovered $0. Heh.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Also, just wondering, if you buy something then sell it a few days later (like a Silent Hill game I kinda regret), do I lose the cashback too?[/quote]

If you read the fine print in the rules I think they even specifically say this is allowed.

Hey guys/gals, quick question... Last month when i checked my cash back status, the # of days is like 56 days. Today, i checked, the # of days (still pending) is ZERO (yes, 0). What gives?

[quote name='Serpentor']Hey guys/gals, quick question... Last month when i checked my cash back status, the # of days is like 56 days. Today, i checked, the # of days (still pending) is ZERO (yes, 0). What gives?[/QUOTE]

mine says 0 days too.

[quote name='Wario64']mine says 0 days too.[/quote]

Thanks goodness i'm not the only one... So what the hell does that mean? The money gonna be available earlier than it should or what? i hope is not denied :(

[quote name='Serpentor']Thanks goodness i'm not the only one... So what the hell does that mean? The money gonna be available earlier than it should or what? i hope is not denied :([/quote]

It looks like they're doing a site update. The last time I checked, the page didn't look like the way it does now (I just checked a few minutes ago). Mine also say 0 days next to the ones I'm waiting on. I'm not getting worried (yet) as I'm sure it'll show the correct time when their updates are finished.

[quote name='Mugen Power']It looks like they're doing a site update. The last time I checked, the page didn't look like the way it does now (I just checked a few minutes ago). Mine also say 0 days next to the ones I'm waiting on. I'm not getting worried (yet) as I'm sure it'll show the correct time when their updates are finished.[/quote]

Now that you mentioned it, yeah, the site does have a new look. I hope you're right :)

My first transaction went into pending within a few minutes, yesterday i made an eligible purchase and go the email on ebay clicked to get cash back and still don't have it in my pending.

Is the Live.com icon still coming up on the Ebay page for everyone? When I click through to Ebay it's not appearing at the top of the page anymore. I'm not doing anything differently. The cashback savings also isn't being represented at checkout either. Hmm...

So I'm probably way late to this compared to other folks, but I just made my first purchase!

Waffled on getting Guitar Hero World Tour Band Edition for 360 at launch. Didn't know how much I'd use the drums, and wasn't sure I'd play the game enough to justify it. But between the lure of the new drums with cymbals, the great song list, and learning today it's going to be possible to download the theme song from Quantum of Solace and play it in World Tour... well, I broke down and bought a copy! ;)

Was $200 w/ $4 shipping on Ebay, BIN. Meant getting $50 back via the rewards app. And considering I couldn't find a copy of World Tour for less than $189 + tax anywhere else... that just seems like a steal! ;)

Will probably sell the guitar once it arrives, since I already have 2 Les Paul Xbox 360 guitars from Guitar Hero 3. But we'll have to see.

In the meantime, thanks to the OP for the assistance. Should be cool to get this for 25% off!

[quote name='SadClown92']How long does it take for it to come on up on the pending page? I got the Ebay message, but it's still not up on the pending page.[/QUOTE]

it can take up to a day or two

I finally decided to make an attempt at cashback after reading a few threads about it. I missed out on the FYE 360 Pro deal (my store stopped selling games and the only other store in the area was completely sold out). Slightly bummed out, I made my first cashback purchase a couple days ago for a brand new Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle ($199.99 - $50 Cash Back). I just purchased a sealed Xbox Wireless Network Adapter ($59.99 - $15 Cash Back). I have pending messages on Live for both transactions.

Just need to add the refurb $29.99 20GB HD from Xbox and a quick charge kit and I think I will be all set.

[quote name='RedSoxFaithful']I've bought two Wiis now, both from scammers. This is frustrating.[/quote]

Did they have decent feedback? It might be worth holding out to purchase from someone who's been on eBay for a while and has something to lose by ripping you (or PayPal, as the case may be) off.

[quote name='jsub']Same here....0 days pending.[/QUOTE]

Ditto for me -- it should be about 40 something days, so it's not like I'm in a hurry, I'd just like to know it's working.

Hey guys, I have a different MSN account or whatever than my eBay one (different email addresses). The eBay is linked to my PayPal (same address). How do I make sure that when I do the search that the money goes into the MSN/Windows/whatever account I have and then from there to PayPal?

How all of this is linked is a little confusing...

So I checked my cashback account today and instead of listing the days until the money will be available, everything says Pending now. Is this something that should happen or should I be worried?

[quote name='phillyfree']Hey guys, I have a different MSN account or whatever than my eBay one (different email addresses). The eBay is linked to my PayPal (same address). How do I make sure that when I do the search that the money goes into the MSN/Windows/whatever account I have and then from there to PayPal?

How all of this is linked is a little confusing...[/quote]It's pretty simple. Activate the cashback on Ebay. Buy something and within an hour or two (typically), you'll get a message in your "my ebay" account. Open that message, and it will say you've received cashback. Follow the directions from there. Click the link and it will open the login back for MS cashback. Login with your cashback email account and your ebay account and msn cashback account will be linked.

[quote name='DomLando']So I checked my cashback account today and instead of listing the days until the money will be available, everything says Pending now. Is this something that should happen or should I be worried?[/quote]Same here. Maybe they are just updating their system. It better go through, otherwise I would not have purchased some expensive items...

Just bought 2 lots of disposable razors... very good investment. I purchased my first lot on ebay ... think I grabbed like 60 razors for around $1/each, and now I picked up 96 for .90/each .. once the cashback hits.

I think right after new years I'll have a solid $50 coming back... nice.

Thanks OP - Picked up an Asus 1000HA Netbook for $320 shipped after $105 cashback.

Might be a good time to get a 360 120gb drive.

[quote name='robot']
Might be a good time to get a 360 120gb drive.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. I only have ~1GB of space left on my 20GB and with the NXE rolling out in around 2 weeks, game installs are going to take up a lot of space for me.

Just bought a Korg MINIKP Mini Kaoss Pad, $104.25 after CB and then $99.25 after PG rebate.

[quote name='dfo']Did they have decent feedback? It might be worth holding out to purchase from someone who's been on eBay for a while and has something to lose by ripping you (or PayPal, as the case may be) off.[/quote]

No, both were new members, so it's probably my bad judgment at fault. But still, I should be able to enter into a transaction with some faith in the system.

[quote name='merkman']Will probably sell the guitar once it arrives, since I already have 2 Les Paul Xbox 360 guitars from Guitar Hero 3. But we'll have to see.

In the meantime, thanks to the OP for the assistance. Should be cool to get this for 25% off![/quote]

Keep the new guitar, because it's a lot better than the old one.

[quote name='robot']Might be a good time to get a 360 120gb drive.[/quote]

Actually, that's the first item I picked up back when it was still at 30%.
239 out of pocket. 170 after cash back.
Cheaper than a brand new 120gb hard drive.

Here's something I found in another forum regarding the "0 days pending" cashback issue with live.com. Here's the transcript of a guy's chat with a Microsoft tech rep:

Okay one last thing before I leave, why does it say "0" days left for my pending cashbacks?
1:44:38 PM Andy C.
We have recently updated the cashback website and are working out some minor bugs. Your cashback account should display the correct information within the next couple of days.
1:45:10 PM Mary Jane Rotten Crotch
Alright thanks. I will contact you in the future if need.
1:45:23 PM Andy C.
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
1:45:56 PM Mary Jane Rotten Crotch
That's it... Thanks
1:46:03 PM Andy C.
Thank you for contacting Live Search cashback Customer support and have a great day!

[quote name='xycury']Just bought 2 lots of disposable razors... very good investment. I purchased my first lot on ebay ... think I grabbed like 60 razors for around $1/each, and now I picked up 96 for .90/each .. once the cashback hits.

I think right after new years I'll have a solid $50 coming back... nice.[/quote]

Jesus, that's a lot of razors! Are you reselling them or something?

bread's done
Back