BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dfo']Jesus, that's a lot of razors! Are you reselling them or something?[/quote]Razors get dull really quickly. 100 razors is not a lot if you shave every other day...

[quote name='dfo']Jesus, that's a lot of razors! Are you reselling them or something?[/quote]

no, using them, I dont' want to pay over $2 for a razor I can only use for a week.

[quote name='guyver2077']after buying fake mach 3 catridges on ebay once.. ill think ill just stick to buying those in store..[/quote]

I stick to the ones that have feedback, and DON'T buy from anyone outside the USA. Also retail packaging counts as not being entirely fake.

I can't stand buying the razors at the store, way too pricy.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Razors get dull really quickly. 100 razors is not a lot if you shave every other day...[/quote]

indeed, I was hoping to find a bigger lot, but 48 was of the highest I've seen. 100 razors last time lasted quite awhile, I don't have to shave every day, plus doing so irritates my skin too much and so I don't.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Wait, of all the things to make knockoffs of, someone made 3 bladed razors?[/quote]

yeah, because how expensive it is, it's easy to make cheap ones and sell it... ebay is a good spot for it, and I know I won't buy from anywhere outside the US because of that point.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Razors get dull really quickly. 100 razors is not a lot if you shave every other day...[/QUOTE]

A lot of times its that the blades actually warp and not so much that they get dull. Keep them clean and free of shaving cream should last you a bit longer.

I'm tempted to buy original rock band...is it worth it for around $100? would i be able to get it any cheaper than that around XMAS? Which is better 360 or wii version?

[quote name='HighlightShow']Very tempted on doing this again....

You have to pay with PayPal, right?[/quote]

You're joking, right? You've done the deal already and you still don't know how it works? You have to Buy It Now and pay with PayPal.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't have the time to read through 58 pages of posts though I did read a few at the beginning.

Anyway, I just did this deal for the first time on Tues AM. I used buy-it-now, paid via paypal, and subsequently after getting the message for cashback in my ebay message center, I clicked the link and created the MS live account. I still see nothing when I log into the live account recognizing my purchase. I'm getting worried because I did a large purchase for a new MGS4 80gb PS3. I can't even contact MS live because their website says it isn't normal business hours for the chat function (which it is) and when I click on "e-mail" to contact them it says the site is temporarily unavailable (this happens with both firefox and IE). Do I just need to be more patient and wait one more day for it to show up as pending or something on my account?

[quote name='jamezuva']Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't have the time to read through 58 pages of posts though I did read a few at the beginning.

Anyway, I just did this deal for the first time on Tues AM. I used buy-it-now, paid via paypal, and subsequently after getting the message for cashback in my ebay message center, I clicked the link and created the MS live account. I still see nothing when I log into the live account recognizing my purchase. I'm getting worried because I did a large purchase for a new MGS4 80gb PS3. I can't even contact MS live because their website says it isn't normal business hours for the chat function (which it is) and when I click on e-mail it says the site is temporarily unavailable (this happens with both firefox and IE). Do I just need to be more patient and wait one more day for it to show up as pending or something on my account?[/quote]

It can take a day or two to show up on MS's site

[quote name='jamezuva']Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't have the time to read through 58 pages of posts though I did read a few at the beginning.

Anyway, I just did this deal for the first time on Tues AM. I used buy-it-now, paid via paypal, and subsequently after getting the message for cashback in my ebay message center, I clicked the link and created the MS live account. I still see nothing when I log into the live account recognizing my purchase. I'm getting worried because I did a large purchase for a new MGS4 80gb PS3. I can't even contact MS live because their website says it isn't normal business hours for the chat function (which it is) and when I click on "e-mail" to contact them it says the site is temporarily unavailable (this happens with both firefox and IE). Do I just need to be more patient and wait one more day for it to show up as pending or something on my account?[/quote]

They're updating the system which may be causing a lag in the user end side. It may very well not show up until they're done updating. Simply keep your information stored, basically just the ebay listing number and the paypal transaction ID and if its not there after they're done updating shoot their support an email.

I had an issue where a cashback never showed up and their support helped me out and eventually got my refund to register. Keep in mind there is no huge rush, it still takes 75 days before you can collect the money no matter what. So if it takes a month to sort out the issue, you still have some weeks to wait. And yes, if you do actually have an issue and they fix it, the count down time will be correct from when the listing ended.

Still i wouldnt jump the gun just yet. Try to take comfort in the fact that not one person has claimed that they got screwed. For me the promotion has been totally legit, already claimed about 500 bucks and plan to claim 200 more in December.

I am getting a little worrried myself. I bought a ds lite and little big planet on ebay. I followed the link from live search to buy the items. I used buy it now and paypal to pay for them. I received the message on ebay for each item. I followed the link and logged into cashback using my hotmail account. nothing. It has been 6 days and still nothing. I spoke to someone on msn website via chat and he says it could be because I bought the items to close together. But when I read the terms they say as long as the items are purchased in different "sessions" it is ok. I emailed them and they said that they are looking into the problem. why do i have the feeling that I am out $50.00.

Link is useless. Go to the link and search for cheap wii. Then look for an ebay link at the top with a 25% icon next to it. You should see the icon when you are at ebay and throughout the process.

I cant get it too work, after i click the link with the 25% icon, the ebay page shows no sign of the 25% icon, can someone post pictures on how it should look like?

[quote name='remorhaz']I am getting a little worrried myself. I bought a ds lite and little big planet on ebay. I followed the link from live search to buy the items. I used buy it now and paypal to pay for them. I received the message on ebay for each item. I followed the link and logged into cashback using my hotmail account. nothing. It has been 6 days and still nothing. I spoke to someone on msn website via chat and he says it could be because I bought the items to close together. But when I read the terms they say as long as the items are purchased in different "sessions" it is ok. I emailed them and they said that they are looking into the problem. why do i have the feeling that I am out $50.00.[/quote]

Bought something on Oct 6th and 13th, showed up in my account once each and has been gone since. I've had half of my requests completely ignored and another one that was ignored several time that has been escalated to a "Tier 2" issue 1 week ago and still nothing and my email since then has been ignored. I've forwarded them the confirmations with the amount and everything they asked. They won't give me a phone number either.

I almost was going to buy a 360 from Target but if this is how MS treats me, I guess I won't- I let them know that. I hate sony because of no BC and think the wii is a joke, now what....

Be a disgruntled gamer forever? What is the point of hating an entity?

Anyway,

Cashback.jpg

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Bought something on Oct 6th and 13th, showed up in my account once each and has been gone since. I've had half of my requests completely ignored and another one that was ignored several time that has been escalated to a "Tier 2" issue 1 week ago and still nothing and my email since then has been ignored. I've forwarded them the confirmations with the amount and everything they asked. They won't give me a phone number either.

I almost was going to buy a 360 from Target but if this is how MS treats me, I guess I won't- I let them know that. I hate sony because of no BC and think the wii is a joke, now what....[/quote]

your problem is you're sending them a dozen emails and expecting them to reply instantly. In my instance when i had an issue i sent them ONE email, someone contacted me and we had 3 back and fourths over the course of a MONTH. My support person also informed me that they essentially wait on information from ebay, its not as simple as flipping a switch which is what you seem to expect.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else, if you have a problem, send them one email and let it ride. Do not then proceed to send them 1 more every day there after because you didnt get a response the next day. If anything that problably causes confusion. Could the support system be better? Yes, but this is the way it is, no amount of bitching is going to change that.

[quote name='qwerty1']
Let this be a lesson to anyone else, if you have a problem, send them one email and let it ride. Do not then proceed to send them 1 more every day there after because you didnt get a response the next day. If anything that problably causes confusion. Could the support system be better? Yes, but this is the way it is, no amount of bitching is going to change that.[/QUOTE]

I think this mentality is just getting more and more common. People expect their problems fixed immediately and don't want to demonstrate patience. I don't understand the psychology of it nor do I know what point it got to be as bad as it is. Maybe the instant gratification of the interwebs?! hmmm....

You can add this one up there with people not reading.

I've had good success with the live.com system and support, even when there were problems with transactions showing up. I maxed out my 12 offers with items ranging anywhere from $30 up to $400. It really was a great deal.

[quote name='bahgee']does the live cashback promo through ebay have an expiration date?[/QUOTE]

I think it just ends and comes back whenever Microsoft or ebay wants it to

[quote name='misbitski']I think this mentality is just getting more and more common. People expect their problems fixed immediately and don't want to demonstrate patience. I don't understand the psychology of it nor do I know what point it got to be as bad as it is. Maybe the instant gratification of the interwebs?! hmmm....

You can add this one up there with people not reading.

I've had good success with the live.com system and support, even when there were problems with transactions showing up. I maxed out my 12 offers with items ranging anywhere from $30 up to $400. It really was a great deal.[/quote]

It's also funny and annoying when people get so worked up because they don't instantly get the cashback total in their account and/or, in this situation we're in right now, where the days pending shows as 0. For those so worried about getting ripped off (and, thus, probably checking their cashback everyday), you'd think they'd notice that the site was being updated and that it's just a glitch that will most likely be fixed.

Help

If I buy 10 items from the same guy through LIVE Cashback search, then does that count as 10 separate uses of Cashback? Or, can the seller lot them up in one invoice for me?

Anyone familiar with Buy.com as a seller on Ebay? I want to get a brand new Xbox 360, and this 25% live search cashback would make an Elite $300 or a 60GB Pro $225.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone familiar with Buy.com as a seller on Ebay? I want to get a brand new Xbox 360, and this 25% live search cashback would make an Elite $300 or a 60GB Pro $225.[/QUOTE]

You can't do that because they use a 3rd party checkout system.

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']i would ask them to lot them up, that will make sure its just one. i would think otherwise it would be 10 transactions.[/QUOTE]

At the point of sale, or do you think it can be combined on the seller invoice after the purchase?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']any1 think this will jump back to 30%?[/quote]

For what it's worth, I got an e-mail from ebay mentioning the cashback promotion and it said "you can get up to 30% off." So I'm guessing its possible to get 30% still but just really hard.

[quote name='opportunity777']Help

If I buy 10 items from the same guy through LIVE Cashback search, then does that count as 10 separate uses of Cashback? Or, can the seller lot them up in one invoice for me?[/QUOTE]

I bought a bunch of games from one seller. The quantity for the auction is irrelevant, but if it's a different auction for each item, each one counts as one towards the total cashback offers.

To put it another way, I bought 2 Fable 2 LEs, 2 Fallout 3 CEs, and 1 Resistance 2 CE. That counted as three cashback offers, even though the seller invoiced me all at once.

[quote name='bfauble83']I'm tempted to buy original rock band...is it worth it for around $100? would i be able to get it any cheaper than that around XMAS? Which is better 360 or wii version?[/quote]

Definitely 360. The Wii and PS2 versions are the worst.

I'd get RB2 instead. It should be just a little more expensive thanks to the Cashback promotion. Better instruments and better game overall are worth it IMHO. I loved RB anyway.

Are there any restrictions for new sellers? A friend of mine is wanting to sell an LCD but he's not sold stuff before there. He's wondering if he can put the standard "buy this now and get 25% back from MS" in the description to make the deal more attractive to buyers. I realize he's going to have a tough time being new (as in zero feedback), but he's a verified paypal seller, so that should help a little.

Your friend is going to have an extremely hard time trying to sell such an expensive item as a 0 feedback eBayer. Btw, I've seen a few auctions with the live.com 25% off cashback claims all over them and I haven't seen the ones that I've watched get removed, but I wouldn't take my word for it.

Hey, so I'm about to buy an HD-DVD player... it says I need a Microsoft Cashback account and need to be paying with PayPal. I am paying with PayPal but don't know what a Microsoft Cashback account is.....?

[quote name='qwerty1']try page 1, first post, read it.[/quote]

Yes, thank you for being a completely unhelpful dick. I read the original post. It mentions the following account types:

-Live
-Ebay
-PayPal

Nothing about any "Microsoft Cashback account".

Just bought a NIB 360 Elite off eBay.

374.99 (same as amazon) - 93.75 cash back - selling old 360 one once i get a new one (~100) = $181.24 for an elite upgrade. I was going to buy a new hard drive anyway so i guess it worked out in the long run.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yes, thank you for being a completely unhelpful dick. I read the original post. It mentions the following account types:

-Live
-Ebay
-PayPal

Nothing about any "Microsoft Cashback account".[/quote]

cashback and live acct are one in the same. If you followed the instruction in the OP you would of realized this. That link he gave you is where ebay directs you. I hardly think the effort i put into the OP makes me an "unhelpful dick" but of course you're entitled to your opinion even if it makes you look like a jackass.

[quote name='qwerty1']cashback and live acct are one in the same. If you followed the instruction in the OP you would of realized this. That link he gave you is where ebay directs you. I hardly think the effort i put into the OP makes me an "unhelpful dick" but of course you're entitled to your opinion even if it makes you look like a jackass.[/quote]

Well they're clearly not the same since I needed to sign up for Microsoft Cashback seperately...

[quote name='PhrostByte']Well they're clearly not the same since I needed to sign up for Microsoft Cashback seperately...[/quote]

they are the same, if you already have a live acct for some reason, like MSN, the only thing you have to do is add in some additional information, namely an address and paypal account for depositing the money.

[quote name='qwerty1']your problem is you're sending them a dozen emails and expecting them to reply instantly. In my instance when i had an issue i sent them ONE email, someone contacted me and we had 3 back and fourths over the course of a MONTH. My support person also informed me that they essentially wait on information from ebay, its not as simple as flipping a switch which is what you seem to expect.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else, if you have a problem, send them one email and let it ride. Do not then proceed to send them 1 more every day there after because you didnt get a response the next day. If anything that problably causes confusion. Could the support system be better? Yes, but this is the way it is, no amount of bitching is going to change that.[/quote]

I didn't expect an instant fix. For my first problem I got the automated response saying someone would respond within 24 and 2 weeks later there was nothing so I emailed again.

My second problem the guy replied and said it would be fixed in a few days, 2 weeks later nothing so I emailed again- as advised by the assistant. He now responds saying it can take up to a month which I'm fine with.

I'm not expecting the best CS when they are pretty much just giving money away but being acknowledged and given a correct time frame is really not too much to ask for. I bent over backwards to help people with tiny to large problems at my old job and put my %100 of my effort into any of them. Not everyone had proper assistance like you did so don't go act all high and mighty.

bread's done
Back