BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brother bendu']good to see that the code still works. Now I am waiting for tomorrow so I can buy a RB2 Bundle. Just to make sure I do not do anything wrong, how would I enter this code for the 30%?

Sorry if it is a stupid question. This is my first time using this Live thing.[/quote]

There is no code. Just make sure, at the top of the ebay page, you see the green tag that says "microsoft cashback"

after paying. it will tell you that have to click a button to recieve the cashback. you will then need to sign-in/create the Windows Live ID.

I hope my vague description helps

BTW: I just purchased the RB1 Bundle for 109, and recieved 32.7 for the cashback. Total came out to 76.3. Pretty sweet. Thanks for finding this live search you guys!

[quote name='jusinjusin']There is no code. Just make sure, at the top of the ebay page, you see the green tag that says "microsoft cashback"

after paying. it will tell you that have to click a button to recieve the cashback. you will then need to sign-in/create the Windows Live ID.

I hope my vague description helps

BTW: I just purchased the RB1 Bundle for 109, and recieved 32.7 for the cashback. Total came out to 76.3. Pretty sweet. Thanks for finding this live search you guys![/quote]

Thanks for the clarification! It seems easy enough.

I tried this out tonight, had the go ahead signs all the way. As I checked out, there was a message saying that I would receive such and such for cashback. Paid through paypal and the whole deal. However, on my ebay "items won" page it doesn't say that I have paid. The paypal site lists the two transactions as completed but ebay doesn't have me down as paying.

It's been four hours now and I have yet to receive the message in my ebay inbox. Any help or ideas on what to do from here?

Thanks for any help.

Just bought a $50 PSN card for around $35.It was $55 but with my 10% Code and the 30% Cashback,it'll be like $35.I hope it'll be instant.

Hmm, I thought I understood this and was about to make a purchase. However, the fact that I need a Microsoft Cashback account (don't have one) and a "Verified" PayPal account (mine isn't) scared me.

Can I still take advantage of this or do I need to fix the above issues first?

After you pay,it tells you that you have cashback and you click on it.You have to sign in using your windows live account. I used the same one I created to sign into Xbox Live. Then,it asks for your name and address and phone and you're done!

I bought a Sony S350. I was trying to get the 10 percent too...but missed it. Oh well.
Got the money instantly deposited into my paypal.

Not as good as the $150 deal from a few days, but I wanted a standalone player.

I just ordered (a supposedly mint copy of) Fable II for a total of $31.50. This was my second eBay Live cashback item and although my other one is still pending, I got the $12 cashback automatically on this one. I love cashback.

When running a search from live.com this morning I click the link to get to eBay, but I'm no longer seeing the little green 30% cash back image on the top left. I have done 3 cashback offers from them in the past without issue.

Anyone else having issues?

[quote name='jleecong']When running a search from live.com this morning I click the link to get to eBay, but I'm no longer seeing the little green 30% cash back image on the top left. I have done 3 cashback offers from them in the past without issue.

Anyone else having issues?[/QUOTE]

The tag still displays for me.

This program is basically a rebate program. You pay in full upfront but will receive the amount stated in the "commit to buy" screen by mail and it could take up to 60 days.

[quote name='Poet_JD']Thanks, OP!! You saved me over $120 on my new Core 2 Quad 9550[/quote]

nice.. i bought the same cpu a month or two ago using cashback

[quote name='mrmoodz']This program is basically a rebate program. You pay in full upfront but will receive the amount stated in the "commit to buy" screen by mail and it could take up to 60 days.[/quote]

Its like a never ending circle for me. Buy something, wait for cashback. put that credit toward another item.. wait for cashback..etc

does paypal let you transfer funds to your bank account?

Yeah. It usually takes three days to transfer from your bank account. I immediately got the $74 from my purchase yesterday. Not a bad deal. I won't lie. I wish some of the prices were a bit in line with the insanity at retail. I could use a new Ipod.

[quote name='guyver2077']Its like a never ending circle for me. Buy something, wait for cashback. put that credit toward another item.. wait for cashback..etc

does paypal let you transfer funds to your bank account?[/quote]

Yeah but it takes another 5 days.

Sweet, I just bought a "pristine" copy of Wild Arms 2 for $19 after shipping from someone with 100% feedback (over 1000). I'm pretty happy about that.

[quote name='snakelda']Just bought a $50 PSN card for around $35.It was $55 but with my 10% Code and the 30% Cashback,it'll be like $35.I hope it'll be instant.[/quote]Did you get your code?

I bought from the same guy, but he just sent me an email saying he was out of stock. But he said something to the effect of, if I leave positive feedback then the funds will be released and he can get me a new one? Does this make sense?

[quote name='tlwizard']Did you get your code?

I bought from the same guy, but he just sent me an email saying he was out of stock. But he said something to the effect of, if I leave positive feedback then the funds will be released and he can get me a new one? Does this make sense?[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds really shady. Don't leave feedback until you get your item first.

[quote name='tlwizard']Did you get your code?

I bought from the same guy, but he just sent me an email saying he was out of stock. But he said something to the effect of, if I leave positive feedback then the funds will be released and he can get me a new one? Does this make sense?[/quote]
I didn't get the code or email. His description says it will be emailed within 24-48 hours so I'll give him that and then if he doesn't,I'll get my refund. hopefully he does.

Here's the email I got:

Hello,
We are sorry to inform you that this item is out of stock. However we can use your funds to purchase the product. The problem lies in the fact that paypal will keep a "hold" on many transactions through ebay.

In order to release the fund you must leave positive feedback, or you may request a refund and purchase card(s) from http://xxxx.xx.xx

How can a BIN item be out of stock?

[quote name='tlwizard']Here's the email I got:

Hello,
We are sorry to inform you that this item is out of stock. However we can use your funds to purchase the product. The problem lies in the fact that paypal will keep a "hold" on many transactions through ebay.

In order to release the fund you must leave positive feedback, or you may request a refund and purchase card(s) from http://xxxx.xx.xx

How can a BIN item be out of stock?[/quote]

Could have it listed elsewhere as well. I am guilty of this but I stay on top of everything so i have never had a problem. Then again, I am small time :)

[quote name='jacknicklson']Could have it listed elsewhere as well. I am guilty of this but I stay on top of everything so i have never had a problem. Then again, I am small time :)[/quote]This guy only has 7 transactions under his belt. I don't understand why I need to release the funds for him to get me a new one. I feel like since I've already paid through paypal he can go ahead and just get me a new one.

[quote name='tlwizard']This guy only has 7 transactions under his belt. I don't understand why I need to release the funds for him to get me a new one. I feel like since I've already paid through paypal he can go ahead and just get me a new one.[/quote]

I don't think you should give him feedback, was just listing a non-scam scenario. I wasn't aware his feedback was so low.

I just got a 10% off coupon again that is today only and can be combined with cashback...Of course I just made a large purchase about 3 AM. doh

[quote name='slowdive21']I just got a 10% off coupon again that is today only and can be combined with cashback...Of course I just made a large purchase about 3 AM. doh[/QUOTE]

Damn, I would kill to get one of these......probably would finally bite on a PS3.

BTW if anyone has 2 ebay accounts and 1 paypal, the coupon will only work once per paypal account, even if you got the coupon in both ebay accounts.

[quote name='torifile']tlwizard. That's a total scam. STAY AWAY.[/quote]I wrote them and this is what I got back:

I can understand how you feel, however with cards out of stock and the way paypal "holds" funds, and the very small profit made off these cards we simply do not have $50 to buy your card with unless your funds are released or you buy directly off our site.

Sorry for the inconvenience
-xxxxx
(if you think its a scam, check our feedback, 100% positive)

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the 10% coupon works if the seller isn't using Ebay Checkout? I haven't paid yet but when I went to pay there was no place to take off the discount and the seller's checkout site did not accept the code. I've emailed the seller already but I was just wondering if the 10% was automatic w/paypal, as the cashback is, or if I should be seeing the 10% come off before I confirm payment in paypal.

You enter the ebay coupon before you finalize the payment in paypal (if the seller does not use checkout). There is a promo code, giftcard box.

I want to take advantage of this offer once more, I bought a camera...thinking of getting a 360 (already have and love my PS3), but only if it comes with a Jasper chip. I don't want a noisy 360.

Does anyone know much about when the Jasper chipped 360s were released?

Damn - used it for the 12th time today. No more cashback love for me... until they bump it up to 19 uses! I bought 2 new official (JP) Wii nunchuck controllers for $24.50 shipped after cashback or some such total.

Got the Cyber Monday 10% off coupon showing up in My eBay under my secondary account. Didn't get an e-mail about it, just happened to check for it. There was a Coupons box floating under the Announcements box. Now to decide what to buy. ;)

[quote name='snakelda']I sent him a message and I'll see what he says.[/quote]You hear anything?

This is the latest I got:
"We did have cards in stock however we can not control what uses buy off our website. The cards on the website are $57 not $60. We can offer a full refund then you can repurchase the card on site. This way your not spending more, and if you feel scammed you can open a claim against us."

I still stand by what I told him. If they offered an item on ebay and now it's "out of stock," they should be the ones going out of their way to fix the situation and not me. And spending $57 on the website is more expensive than $55 on ebay (whether or not I use a coupon or cashback.)

[quote name='tlwizard']I tried this out tonight, had the go ahead signs all the way. As I checked out, there was a message saying that I would receive such and such for cashback. Paid through paypal and the whole deal. However, on my ebay "items won" page it doesn't say that I have paid. The paypal site lists the two transactions as completed but ebay doesn't have me down as paying.

It's been four hours now and I have yet to receive the message in my ebay inbox. Any help or ideas on what to do from here?

Thanks for any help.[/quote]

this happened to me too with something i purchased through the buy.com ebay store.

anyone else have this problem? if i click "pay now" it tells me my order is in the system and is processing. but it seems like it shouldn't take this long - i ordered yesterday but no cashback emails

[quote name='wildnuts02']this happened to me too with something i purchased through the buy.com ebay store.

anyone else have this problem? if i click "pay now" it tells me my order is in the system and is processing. but it seems like it shouldn't take this long - i ordered yesterday but no cashback emails[/quote]

damn...that sucks. I was just about to buy from buy.com's ebay store. Hopefully this is just an isolated incident.

These are ways to check if you got your cashback in no particular order:

1) Check your paypal account to see if you got instant cashback
2) go to live.com click on cashback (top right) and login to your acocunt and see if it shows.
3) Check my messages in 'myebay' and see if you got an email about cashback

Some cashback you have to "claim" through an email. Most of the time for ebay it is either pending for 60 days or instant...I think it alternates. It is just a theory, but I think they want to give you a kickback, so you keep using it.

[quote name='tlwizard']I wrote them and this is what I got back:

(if you think its a scam, check our feedback, 100% positive)[/QUOTE]

Of course its 100% positive if they are getting feedback before they deliver.

bread's done
Back