BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
My last payment failed too...hmm...it says that after 30 days, it will be put back into your live cashback account, and you can request a different dispersement method. great, I can't wait to wait for 6 weeks for a $9 check!

All mine listed as failed one day after the cashback to paypal account date. Lists as problem with Paypal account like others have reported, even though several instant cashbacks went to said Paypal account just fine back in December.

Yeah I'm getting the "failed" problem as well, and my PayPal account is working just fine (just got a deposit into it yesterday from an eBay sale). WTF?

I still feel pretty confident that we'll get our $ eventually since MS is involved and they don't want the PR hit of a bunch of pissed off people. But I would like that case back sooner rather than later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, all this drama. That's too bad that people are having trouble.

Microsoft deposited $80 bucks into my paypal account on the 27th without any issue. Ideally, things get corrected and other people can get at their money.

All of mine cleared okay. Some was from ebay, some from deep discount. One processed on the 20th, the rest on the 30th.

My first eBay cashback went through to PayPal without a hitch. Yet a couple days later, my next two eBay cashbacks failed even though nothing had changed between payment one and payment two. But then later in the same day, those two failed cashbacks suddenly went through.

I also noticed that I'm still getting full cashback credit for items I returned months ago.

This is a major mess.

I by mistake did one for like $2 and it failed 3 times before they gave it to me. My $25 one has failed twice, here is hoping third time is the charm.

Appears to be a damn common problem with MS, here is hoping it's an error and not an attempt at screwing people over.

i have $99.00 in cashback from two purchases on ebay which the $39.00 failed 3 times and the $60.00 failed twice. whats going on I probably wouldn't have bit this deal if it wasn;t supposed to be what i'm supposed to get

I got $84 deposited to my paypal account on the 27th. Still have one more for about 3 dollars scheduled for today. I'm getting the same errors, three times too. I'm guessing there is some kind of technical malfunction for payouts after the 27th/28th.

I've got a bit of a problem. I have $3 in my actual cashback account from a prior ebay purchase. Since you need at least $5 in it, I can't deposit it to my paypal. Now the problem is that my last 3 or 4 ebay cashbacks have deposited directly into my paypal rather than going into my cashback account first. So basically I've got $3 stuck in limbo and cant get it out because I can't get any more of my ebay purchases to go through cashback first to get over $5 in the thing. I've used up all my ebay purchases as well so I don't have any other cashback coming other than 55 cents im supposed to get from a newegg purchase. I already emailed microsoft about this but haven't gotten a response, so I'm guessing I would probably have to buy something else with cashback through another vendor and hope it deposits into my cashback first so I can get that $3 out.

Has anybody else had to deal with this issue?

[quote name='JesusMcGee']I've got a bit of a problem. I have $3 in my actual cashback account from a prior ebay purchase. Since you need at least $5 in it, I can't deposit it to my paypal. Now the problem is that my last 3 or 4 ebay cashbacks have deposited directly into my paypal rather than going into my cashback account first. So basically I've got $3 stuck in limbo and cant get it out because I can't get any more of my ebay purchases to go through cashback first to get over $5 in the thing. I've used up all my ebay purchases as well so I don't have any other cashback coming other than 55 cents im supposed to get from a newegg purchase. I already emailed microsoft about this but haven't gotten a response, so I'm guessing I would probably have to buy something else with cashback through another vendor and hope it deposits into my cashback first so I can get that $3 out.

Has anybody else had to deal with this issue?[/quote]

I have the same problem haha.

I have over $200 in "Failed" status right now just like the above posters.

When I email them, they alternate between the same 3 cut and paste auto responses like another poster copied on here.

When you had to request payment, everything was fine. Now that they are "automatic" for my "convenience" they don't work. Wonderful.

Screw these thugs and the horses they rode in on.

[quote name='rarebucky']My other 20 payments or so went through fine but starting today my last one has failed 3 times. This deal is EPIC FAIL.[/quote]

Have you emailed them? As far as I can tell they do not have human customer support. Mine have been in "failed" status for a couple of weeks, and they just keep sending the same cut and paste messages telling me that they are working on it.

I don't get it... they can't just deny your cashbacks can they? Unless they can prove you that you somehow violated the terms.

I personally didn't have any problem getting money from them, but I was making small purchases and I think I received something like $70.00 total. It just seems like those with the fat $200.00 return is getting screwed.

They've verified the legitimacy of my 75+ day old purchases. They keep asking me to double check that my Paypal can receive funds. This is absurd because I buy and sell regularly on eBay and it obviously works just fine. Furthermore, I got all my cashback just fine when it had to be requested.

They state it is a system wide glitch and they can't send the payment manually. If you search this post and other bargain sites, it is evident that I am not alone in this.

P.S. I love it when people go "it worked for me."

it worked for me :D

Rewarded:$67.30Total cashback:$67.30

Didnt have a single problem with any of my purchases.

[quote name='JesusMcGee']I've got a bit of a problem. I have $3 in my actual cashback account from a prior ebay purchase. Since you need at least $5 in it, I can't deposit it to my paypal. Now the problem is that my last 3 or 4 ebay cashbacks have deposited directly into my paypal rather than going into my cashback account first. So basically I've got $3 stuck in limbo and cant get it out because I can't get any more of my ebay purchases to go through cashback first to get over $5 in the thing. I've used up all my ebay purchases as well so I don't have any other cashback coming other than 55 cents im supposed to get from a newegg purchase. I already emailed microsoft about this but haven't gotten a response, so I'm guessing I would probably have to buy something else with cashback through another vendor and hope it deposits into my cashback first so I can get that $3 out.

Has anybody else had to deal with this issue?[/quote]

Nope, because I had patience and waited to claim my cashback so that I wouldn't have any stragglers. :lol:

Regarding that, I emailed MS and it took them nearly 2 months to reply IIRC. My $4 is still stuck, and I just wanna get it out but Im not sure how

I've got $4 stuck that was supposed to be deposited automatically, and I also got the form email signed by "Sita" insisting that my Paypal account must be malfunctioning. I guess I should be glad that the rest of my money was deposited successfully.

[quote name='Spatchmo']I had 147 due last week. It keeps telling me that the status on the transfer is "failed"...

We've encounterd a problem depositing your cashback reward into the PayPal account that you used for your eBay purchase. But we will keep trying.

So Im not holding my breath either.[/QUOTE]

Same here on the "failed" transfer, I e-mailed them to see wassup.

Looks like I'm having the same problems a lot of you are. They tried unsuccessfully to send me cashback yesterday and I also have < $5 in cashback from before they went automatic that I can't send. They did send me cashback earlier in the week, though, that worked fine.

I have four that total over $200, all of them have been failing for several days. No reply to my email. Are there no legal ramifications to this? I mean, they tell us that we'll get this money in a certain amount of time and then...we don't get it. A lot of people could have been depending on getting this.

[quote name='StateofMind']Are there no legal ramifications to this?[/quote]
No. I'm sure that there is a "Microsoft reserves the right to cancel or modify the terms of the promotion at any point without notification to the user" bit in the User Agreement.

A lot of people could have been depending on getting this.
That would have been kind of a bad idea.

[quote name='StateofMind']I have four that total over $200, all of them have been failing for several days. No reply to my email. Are there no legal ramifications to this? I mean, they tell us that we'll get this money in a certain amount of time and then...we don't get it. A lot of people could have been depending on getting this.[/quote]

You and I are in the exact same boat. I too have a few purchases that add up to over $200. I've asked questions 6 times and gotten 3 different responses twice each. The customer support doesn't appear to individually answer questions, but only select 1 of 3 responses from a list. More than losing $200 I was counting on, it is very obnoxious and rude to have FAKE customer support.

[quote name='Forbesania']More than losing $200 I was counting on, it is very obnoxious and rude to have FAKE customer support.[/quote]

Look at how many people are having issues and you want them to tailor a specific response to EACH individual? Are you nuts?

My only advice would be to stick it out, im confident they're working on resolving the issues. Cashback for Ebay may be currently down and out but its very much alive for everything else so im sure there are many complaints and im sure they're working on resolving the issues at hand. If they werent they'd simply disable the entire thing.

[quote name='qwerty1']Look at how many people are having issues and you want them to tailor a specific response to EACH individual? Are you nuts?

My only advice would be to stick it out, im confident they're working on resolving the issues. Cashback for Ebay may be currently down and out but its very much alive for everything else so im sure there are many complaints and im sure they're working on resolving the issues at hand. If they werent they'd simply disable the entire thing.[/quote]

2 weeks? Really? Obviously I have no choice but to wait like the multitudes of others that are having the same issue.

The reason we post these things is to verify what the issue is. They've been telling everyone that their Paypal accounts may be messed up. After reading a dozen other people having the same issue at the same time, this is OBVIOUSLY not the case.

Since they know it's an issue, why does their auto response still tell people false info?

I also received a Failed status. It's the first time I've ever received it, although it's also the first time Live Cashback tried to deposit the funds directly instead of me having to request it.

I spoke with Paypal customer support and they acknowledged that they are having issues with this, that my problem is not isolated (obviously), and they're working hard to rectify it. She was also quick to note that the money WILL be desposited, it's just that there're some issues between Live and Paypal.

[quote name='GuardianE']I also received a Failed status. It's the first time I've ever received it, although it's also the first time Live Cashback tried to deposit the funds directly instead of me having to request it.

I spoke with Paypal customer support and they acknowledged that they are having issues with this, that my problem is not isolated (obviously), and they're working hard to rectify it. She was also quick to note that the money WILL be desposited, it's just that there're some issues between Live and Paypal.[/quote]

Thanks for the good info. Hopefully this next business week we'll see results.

I didn't have any trouble with my rebates, thankfully, and made out quite well. My best pickup was the new Samsung LN32A450 32" 720p LCD HDTV I got for $464.25 shipped from Dataviz after what turned out to be an instant rebate. Woohoo! It even arrived in 2 days. I also made a bunch of other smaller purchases though. Definitely got my moneys worth. I really wish the ebay live cashback would return....

claimed like 110 and got only 7 that failed.

my wife claimed like 160 and got 120 free! everything went through too.

I should look up to see it got through or not....

Just checked mine since I'm supposed to get $62.50 credited today and it still shows pending with this detail "Your cashback reward will be deposited or sent in 0 days. You won't need to request it." Nice.

[quote name='crazy blain']Yeah I'm waiting on a $170 cashback that keeps failing.[/quote]

Scratch that, it showed up tonight. I did send them an e-mail stating what the problem was earlier today. Not sure if that helped me or if it was just coincidental.

Mine failed 3 times (it was an automatic cashback) and still is "in process", but I got an email saying my money has been deposited to my paypal account (checked on paypal and it's there).

bread's done
Back