BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kattman']Just checked mine since I'm supposed to get $62.50 credited today and it still shows pending with this detail "Your cashback reward will be deposited or sent in 0 days. You won't need to request it." Nice.[/quote]

Got mine this morning ... whew!

I got mine last night. I'm still waiting to hear about what to do about the < $5 I have in the account that I can't get now that it's all automatic.

[quote name='epb']I got mine last night. I'm still waiting to hear about what to do about the < $5 I have in the account that I can't get now that it's all automatic.[/quote]

I had one cashback for $4.50 that auto deposited into paypal last eve so maybe the $5 limit is gone now?

Mine all went through last night too...I'm not sure if it was a glitch or the 3 days worth of arguing with their inept support via email, and their shitty canned responses.

Hope everyone who had >$100 gets theirs soon!

i have like $3.xx that i cant redeem right now. What i did though i just shop at another store that accepts cashback. in 60 days i will be able to request the $2.00 from that order and then i should be able to withdrawal the full amount to paypal

does anyone have a clue about this oddness. I've done many of the ebay things back during the holidays; about 5. Anyhow I had 3.99 in the account so i couldn't get the cash back until the 15 dollar one came earlier this week, and instead of me claiming it.....it went right to my paypal account...and that 3.99 is still sitting in the unclaimed account....any ideas? I mean technically i couldn't taken it all out at once, so its almost like a waste (since i only used live cashback for ebay)

Yeah. I had a single cashback of $120+ going straight into my PayPal without me requesting it while a $8+ cashback is sitting still in my account. I had to manually request for it last week and it is still in processing.

I'm having some trouble getting this to work -- I tried searching for Wii (and several other things) and I'm not getting any links for eBay in the "Compare Prices" section, nor any links to listings with the Cashback icon next to them. Am I doing something wrong, or did I miss this promo entirely?

[quote name='jsgebo']I had one cashback for $4.50 that auto deposited into paypal last eve so maybe the $5 limit is gone now?[/quote]

Well, the problem is it was from when they didn't automatically send it to you. I can't request it since it's less than $5 and they're not sending them to me.

Still waiting for my $200 plus. They escalated me to "tier 2" customer support which finally garnered a human/non-canned response....to just keep waiting. We are approaching our 3rd business week on this problem. Glad to hear some of you guys got yours though, which means it is being dealt with.

More: Paypal told me that the problem is on their end and they are sending over account data in "batches," which accounts for how some people got theirs and not others.

I recently received a $200 rebate from a laptop I bought while this was at 30%. That was my 6th time getting money back and I've yet to have any problems.

Perfect, i was looking for a discount on that mat i will hopefully be ordering soon, and i needed more than 4.19 from my previous purchase to be eligible to withdraw it.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I'm having some trouble getting this to work -- I tried searching for Wii (and several other things) and I'm not getting any links for eBay in the "Compare Prices" section, nor any links to listings with the Cashback icon next to them. Am I doing something wrong, or did I miss this promo entirely?[/quote]

Missed it quite awhile ago.

I just got a human response as well. They cancelled my account and everything, then I emailed them with all of the detailed information. Now the guy emailed said that my $200 will arrive in about 13 days, and also stated that they never cancelled my account. We will see about all this crap

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']This thing is dead right now?[/QUOTE]

It's been dead for a long time now. Who knows if it will be back. Maybe. Maybe not. I tend to think Microsoft realized it was a colossal mistake and will never do it again, but I'm no sear and maybe I don't understand the economics of it, which is very, very possible, seeing how I don't understand economics. :) Maybe it wasn't Microsoft who paid for any of it? In any case, it seems like somebody must have lost more money on this deal then they expected, no?

I just checked my live cashback account and they marked 2 transactions as failed. There was a note under them saying they could not pay my PayPal account. The funds never went to my cashback account and I've not had issues receiving the past transactions cashback. wtf

I've had two failed, but they finally went through .. 13 something back into my checking.

I suppose with better planning I could have picked up bigger things.

Really hope this comes back soon. I just purchased about $400 of stuff on eBay, without the cashback ... could have saved a good amount. Oh well, I have more stuff I want to get, so if it comes back that will be great. Though, I have already saved over $200 from using it before, so I can't complain :)

Mine's still Failed and hasn't changed in weeks.

Customer Service email from CashBack Live said that if I don't get the cashback by Monday, then I should contact them again. This is starting to piss me off. It's not just some change that I'm waiting on.

Anybody have a direct email address to contact them? I can't find any options to contact them about a failed transaction.

I think this is just their way of getting out of paying people... I don't get how a deposit can just fail.

[quote name='MattVid']Really hope this comes back soon. I just purchased about $400 of stuff on eBay, without the cashback ... could have saved a good amount. Oh well, I have more stuff I want to get, so if it comes back that will be great. Though, I have already saved over $200 from using it before, so I can't complain :)[/quote]

From what I heard, it is never coming back, unless they decide to change their minds in the somewhat distant future.

Ugh. Just bought a $300 printer for work. Would've rocked if I could've gotten some cashback on it. I'd be happy with 1%, even. Hope this comes back soon, even if it isn't 30-40%

Just got $199.90 deposited for a CANCELED transaction with target.com. Remember the SKATE 2 pricing error on target.com a few months ago? Well, I put in for 50 copies @19.99 ea. Of course, target canceled the order a few weeks later, but prior to placing the order, I jumped from live.com which had a 20% Cashback for target.com at the time.......WELL.......here we are 60 days later and the cashback is sitting in my paypal account.......CHA........CHING!!!

[quote name='lionfan']Just got $199.90 deposited for a CANCELED transaction with target.com. Remember the SKATE 2 pricing error on target.com a few months ago? Well, I put in for 50 copies @19.99 ea. Of course, target canceled the order a few weeks later, but prior to placing the order, I jumped from live.com which had a 20% Cashback for target.com at the time.......WELL.......here we are 60 days later and the cashback is sitting in my paypal account.......CHA........CHING!!![/QUOTE]

I'd cash that out asap!

[quote name='InFlames215']From what I heard, it is never coming back, unless they decide to change their minds in the somewhat distant future.[/quote]

Source?

OK, got some info from one of their CS reps about having any cash under $5 in your account that you won't be able to request now that it's all automatic. Evidently, it's only eBay purchases that are being automatically sent to your account and no other merchants so it's still possible to get back over $5. He told this was a requirement from eBay and it having to do with them owning Paypal. Of course, also called me "Justin" twice in the e-mail despite clearly signing my name as "Eric" so who knows.

[quote name='epb']OK, got some info from one of their CS reps about having any cash under $5 in your account that you won't be able to request now that it's all automatic. Evidently, it's only eBay purchases that are being automatically sent to your account and no other merchants so it's still possible to get back over $5. He told this was a requirement from eBay and it having to do with them owning Paypal. Of course, also called me "Justin" twice in the e-mail despite clearly signing my name as "Eric" so who knows.[/QUOTE]

So now they send us casback and change our names? Damn, I hope they change my name to Pepe, that would be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at odds about what to do here...

I bought a $400 item, to receive about $95 cash back. Well early last month (jan) it was ready for depositing and it "failed". The live status basically said it will keep trying.

A few weeks later I started getting worried. Still no progress. I msged M$ via their support system. They basically got back to me and said call paypal to make sure that deposits are working fine per my acct.

I called paypal to confirm, the girl actually said it's a known issue and it should be resolved over the weekend (it was Friday).

Last week there was still nothing in my account. I should add also that I have received all other CB deposits totalling maybe $150 just fine. I again messaged m$ and this time they said they appreciate my efforts but I must basically wait.

It's been about a month now in the "failure" state. WTF else can I do besides sit around with my thumb up my shaq-fuing a$$?

bread's done
Back