BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had two failed ones come through the other day after E-mailing them. I have one failed one in limbo, and they said to give it until tomorrow, and E-mail them back if I don't receive it by then. One note also, even though I put down a different E-mail address for them to respond to, they only responded to the Hotmail account E-mail attached to my Live Cashback account....just a heads up....

I still haven't received my $10.80, although the almost $40 that I requested deposited to my PayPal account just fine last week.

They told me to email them back if my $10.80 wasn't deposited today. So now I have to wait for them to reply, although they've been responding to me quickly each time.

I have almost 60 CB built up from ebay and newegg purchases. About 50 was eligible for withdraw and it came in no prob. Sorry about the bad luck you guys are having.

[quote name='Theenternal']I have almost 60 CB built up from ebay and newegg purchases. About 50 was eligible for withdraw and it came in no prob. Sorry about the bad luck you guys are having.[/quote]

Did you request the funds?

Those worked fine, but the ones you didn't request and they try to deposit automatically were the ones failing.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So ummm is anyone still having problems?[/quote]

Still missing hundreds and they've stopped replying to emails.

[quote name='Forbesania']Still missing hundred and they've stopped replying to emails.[/quote]

Well I emailed them yesterday and got a response basically telling me the same thing they told me before to check with PayPal and make sure my account can still receive money. Which I know it can, so responded and they responded back saying "they need to investigate further".

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Well I emailed them yesterday and got a response basically telling me the same thing they told me before to check with PayPal and make sure my account can still receive money. Which I know it can, so responded and they responded back saying "they need to investigate further".[/quote]

Tell them to go fuck themselves. I've written this whole thing off, and all I bought (nothing game related actually) at incredible prices to begin with.

They'll just keep sending you the same messages over and over again as they don't read your emails. I'd say don't waste anymore time with it. I've spent 10 hours trying to get $230 or so, at this point I'm viewing the opportunity cost as being negative.

this happened to me. Are your accounts setup to not accept payments from people w. unconfirmed addresses? Mine was, and I changed it. And the payments went through.

edit: added "not" (bolded) sorry i have the flu

under my account, go to profile then payment receiving preferences. the first option I changed it from no to yes. it seemed to work for me. not sure if it was a fluke.

[quote name='eb3604']this happened to me. Are your accounts setup to accept payments from people w. unconfirmed addresses? Mine was, and I changed it. And the payments went through.[/quote]

How did you do this? I don't see what this would change, but I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='eb3604']this happened to me. Are your accounts setup to not accept payments from people w. unconfirmed addresses? Mine was, and I changed it. And the payments went through.

edit: added "not" (bolded) sorry i have the flu

under my account, go to profile then payment receiving preferences. the first option I changed it from no to yes. it seemed to work for me. not sure if it was a fluke.[/quote]Thanks for the advice. I know your comment wasn't directed towards me, but I appreciate it. I'm having the same problem as everyone else with failed payments. Btw does PayPal retry each day?

Yes, the payment block should be unrelated. My first live cashback from ebay went through fine. A few days later all I get is fail. Received the same email about contact paypal. Replied to them with how that has to be one of the worst solutions ever.

I hate to say it, but I'm glad others on here have the same issue. They keep telling me that this is an isolated issue (with a subtext that it's my fault it isn't working). It's good to see that I'm sane and others are dealing with the same do nothing nonsense.

[quote name='brian101']Is this deal still alive at all?[/quote]

Not at the moment. Think it stopped since mid December, or at least the worthwhile discount of 25-30% did. Right now people are just trying to get their cashback from the purchases made while the offer was still valid.

[quote name='kazunori']Not at the moment. Think it stopped since mid December, or at least the worthwhile discount of 25-30% did. Right now people are just trying to get their cashback from the purchases made while the offer was still valid.[/quote]

Which is why this needs to be moved to the deal graveyard imo..As long as its on the first page it gives users the impression that its active or may be in the future...

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Which is why this needs to be moved to the deal graveyard imo..As long as its on the first page it gives users the impression that its active or may be in the future...[/quote]The title says "Currently Hibernating" so there is no way that you can mistake it for being active. Read the title please.

I resolved my problems by simply emailing MSFT, just email them and let them know the issue. They will say to email paypal and make sure everything is good, but we all know paypal is fine. Just tell them Paypal is working ok and they should fix it for you.

[quote name='imamario02']I resolved my problems by simply emailing MSFT, just email them and let them know the issue. They will say to email paypal and make sure everything is good, but we all know paypal is fine. Just tell them Paypal is working ok and they should fix it for you.[/quote]

I'm glad it worked for you, but some of us are trapped in a customer service spiral where they keep asking us over and over again to check paypal. When we do this, they ask us to check paypal...

Microsoft's Group Manager for Live Search Cashback visited my department today to give a seminar. Here are some things you guys may find interesting:

-eBay is the single largest generator of Cashback, something in the ballpark of 20%
-He said that eBay Cashback would almost definitely return, and speculated that it might be around the time of college Spring Break
-He sort of hinted (but would not state outright) that Cashback will be coming to Amazon in the near future
-Currently Microsoft does not make any profit from LSC, since they give 100% of the kickback from the sale to the customer

And for the system wars people, he also made an offhand comment about Sony having a whole department in India just devoted to viral marketing on forums and filling out positive reviews for Sony products at online stores.

Finally, a purchase that I made at the beginning of December on eBay, which for some reason the cashback did not go through for, has finally been added to my account. Another thirty days for the $23.75 to clear.

They've been working on Amazon Cash Back since before Microsoft owned the company that started the system. Amazon didn't cooperate so much.

I've gotten all my cashback delivered to me without any of the problems others have mentioned, so that's good, but again I've had the service since before MS bought it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']They've been working on Amazon Cash Back since before Microsoft owned the company that started the system. Amazon didn't cooperate so much.[/quote]

Well this is basically how the interchange went down:

Speaker: We have many of the internet's largest retailers on board, and we are getting ready to announce some big new partnerships which I can't talk about yet.
*shows slide of companies participating in CB*

Audience Member: I notice that list doesn't have Amazon on it...

Speaker: *smiles* As I said, we have some new partnerships I can't talk about yet.

Audience: *laughs*

Interpret it as you will.

So its not only me Microsoft is bullshitting with "failed" cashback. All I get is BS responses from their incompetent customer service. Mine is about 23 days overdue for $68.

Login to your cashback account. On the upper left it says 'contact us' click on that and then click on "I requested cashback and have not received it after 14 days". Fill out the form.

The other option is calling the website you bought the item from and asking them to give you the cashback number (which they probably won't), but they may connect you to M$ cashback dept like they did for me.

[quote name='slowdive21']Login to your cashback account. On the upper left it says 'contact us' click on that and then click on "I requested cashback and have not received it after 14 days". Fill out the form.

The other option is calling the website you bought the item from and asking them to give you the cashback number (which they probably won't), but they may connect you to M$ cashback dept like they did for me.[/quote]

Thanks for the info there slowdive, I haven't had the need to do that yet but its good to know.
smile.gif

Yeah, I contacted them over two weeks using that form and they seem to just be giving me the run around, telling me to confirm things with Paypal (which I've done) and make sure I'm verified (which I am). It's really just getting frustrating.

^^^Try ebay live chat to see if they can provide an phone number for cashback. Or if Hewlett packard is feeling nice, they may connect you to M$.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Anyone else think it shouldn't be this difficult to get our cashback? Pretty ridiculous how many hoops you have to jump through to get it.[/QUOTE]

Well, it wasn't difficult at first.. it just seems like recently it has been difficult to get it. But I agree, this shouldn't even be happening.

[quote name='Forbesania']They told me that they are done attempting to resolve this issue and to forward all concerns to Paypal.

Bastards.[/QUOTE]

They have not paid up my $8.50 for three transactions I had back in November all I see is pending then failed in my account. There is nothing wrong with my PP account I have never had any problems receiving payments. I think they do not want to pay. It is not much but I would not have made those purchases if I knew I was not going to receive 25% back. I feel like I got scammed is there anyplace where I can report this?

[quote name='CGH']They have not paid up my $8.50 for three transactions I had back in November all I see is pending then failed in my account. There is nothing wrong with my PP account I have never had any problems receiving payments. I think they do not want to pay. It is not much but I would not have made those purchases if I knew I was not going to receive 25% back. I feel like I got scammed is there anyplace where I can report this?[/quote]BBB maybe? This is Microsoft sooo I don't know how far you will be able to get. I agree that something needs to be done though.

I filed with BBB and FTC, I have nothing else to do at work anyway. This is BS, how hard can it be to pay up, it is obvious that they dont want to. $70 is $70 so I want my money, bastards.

I haven't received a response to my claim... I sent an email and got an automated reply. They said to reply to that email if it did not answer my question- I did (almost 2 business days ago) and have yet to receive a response.

I am so glad I cashed out $50 from my account in December. Luckily, I'm only out $7.50 as of now.

[quote name='ekoshyun']Not sure what you guys are all having problems with. I got all my $570 bucks back no prob at all after 60 days.[/quote]

Eat one. Just kidding. Microsoft/Paypal have documented a glitch on their end for some users (key word being "some").

I too got most of mine, but am still waiting on about $213.

The latest reply that I gave customer service. I'm just getting fed up:

"I want to ensure that your request has been resolved to your satisfaction. However, if you realize that you are still in need of assistance, please reply to this email."

Is that some sort of joke? Nothing's been resolved. And certainly nothing's to my satisfaction regarding this entire process. I'd like some real answers about how to rectify this, not some generic solutions/troubleshooting that doesn't even apply to my account.
------
I opened a new ticket only to have it tell me that I can't have two tickets on the same issue open at the same time. Ugh.

[quote name='GuardianE']The latest reply that I gave customer service. I'm just getting fed up:

"I want to ensure that your request has been resolved to your satisfaction. However, if you realize that you are still in need of assistance, please reply to this email."

Is that some sort of joke? Nothing's been resolved. And certainly nothing's to my satisfaction regarding this entire process. I'd like some real answers about how to rectify this, not some generic solutions/troubleshooting that doesn't even apply to my account.

------
I opened a new ticket only to have it tell me that I can't have two tickets on the same issue open at the same time. Ugh.[/quote]

Welcome to the party mein Freund.

bread's done
Back