BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
trends.png

yea.. those were the days.. even though at 8% is still a nice amount back on large price items.. something better than nothing right..

maybe it will raise come holidays

[quote name='Vinny']I'm still waiting for some failed cashback... I'm honestly sick of this crap. Their CS is absolutely useless...[/QUOTE]

me too. Its been more than 3 months now, and the CS is a complete joke

Looks like Cashback may be dropping to 10%. Some keywords are changing percent.

[quote name='mythus']for some reason the tab isn't showing up.[/QUOTE]Try a different browser perhaps.

[quote name='donburns99']Looks like Cashback may be dropping to 10%. Some keywords are changing percent.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was about to pull the trigger on an Xbox 120 gig HDD this afternoon at 13%, and now I'm only getting 10%. Anyone know if there are keywords that still get you 13%?

[quote name='dfo']Yeah, I was about to pull the trigger on an Xbox 12- gig HDD this afternoon at 13%, and now I'm only getting 10%. Anyone know if there are keywords that still get you 13%?[/QUOTE]
None that I know of anymore, no. They all dropped to 10%.

[quote name='hypertails02']:( Holy fuck I ordered a new Xbox 360 console 2 days ago. I could have gotten an extra 5% cashback...[/QUOTE]

dont forget to buy thru ebates or bigcrumbs, after you've activated your cashback, in order to get extra money back.

I'm just wondering why it seems like quite a few people are having problems with cashback. I've been using it semi-regularly with eBay and other participating stores since it was called Live cashback and haven't had a problem. The only time I had an issue was the 0 days pending thing that happened to everyone when the program first started.

cashback will be dropping to 10% soon. Some of the search terms are already pulling 10% that were 15% a couple of hours ago.

You have been warned.

[quote name='slowdive21']cashback will be dropping to 10% soon. Some of the search terms are already pulling 10% that were 15% a couple of hours ago.

You have been warned.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, chrome door handle is down to 10%.:cold:

[quote name='OGHowie']wtf, just had 3 Bing transactions from months ago ($30) canceled on me.[/QUOTE]

same here BUT then i get an email saying cash was put into my paypal account... Maybe they have to cancel it and reapply it ....

[quote name='slidecage']same here BUT then i get an email saying cash was put into my paypal account... Maybe they have to cancel it and reapply it ....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same thing happened to me a few hours after I got the cancellations. I thought it was because I had emailed CS, but I guess it was probably automated.

[quote name='destro4eva']Does my paypal email address have to be the SAME as the Bing live.com email address for the Cashback to work?[/QUOTE]

naw

So I have about 4 dollars still sitting in my bing cashback account, need to get to 5 for payment. Well, I just bought an item to receive 2 dollars cash back, and what do you know, instant cashback >_< Not that I'm complaining too much, but when will I ever receive those 4 dollars just sitting in there ;_;

[quote name='Link927']So I have about 4 dollars still sitting in my bing cashback account, need to get to 5 for payment. Well, I just bought an item to receive 2 dollars cash back, and what do you know, instant cashback >_< Not that I'm complaining too much, but when will I ever receive those 4 dollars just sitting in there ;_;[/QUOTE]
Same thing, aha. Ive have 4.16 sitting in my account since December 08, meanwhile ive had 8 other transactions cashout for a total of like 35 bucks.

yeah eBay cashback automatically gets deposited back into the PayPal account used to make the purchases, it won't count towards the $5 minimum

[quote name='MrEKO73']What? Does 10% last for 10 seconds? back down to 8 already.[/QUOTE]

No it didn't jump to 10 today, that was awhile ago.

[quote name='roncoalition']yeah eBay cashback automatically gets deposited back into the PayPal account used to make the purchases, it won't count towards the $5 minimum[/QUOTE]

I just made my first purchase on ebay using bing and the 4 dollars didn't go directly into my paypal account. It's in my bing account waiting until I reach 5 dollars...I guess.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I just made my first purchase on ebay using bing and the 4 dollars didn't go directly into my paypal account. It's in my bing account waiting until I reach 5 dollars...I guess.[/QUOTE]

That, and also 90 days to "verify" the purchase. My earlier post was my first instant cashback (Which is apparently random), but I would have actually preferred the delay so I could retrieve the rest of my funds.

Hi, the last time i used cashback was nov 08 when it was still 25%, when i search stuff in bing, no ebay bin auctions comes. Does it work differently now? How can i get the cashback on ebay?

edit- those two sites dont really work but thank you. I found out it was ad block/firefox that blocked the live search button that leads to ebay. I used IE and it worked

bread's done
Back