Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

anyone else lose Gamestop cards as an option?  I was using them for my gaming habit or sometimes buying food gift cards in their store.  looks like now I will have to pick from the few places I eat at that Bing gives out now.

anyone else lose Gamestop cards as an option? I was using them for my gaming habit or sometimes buying food gift cards in their store. looks like now I will have to pick from the few places I eat at that Bing gives out now.
It's gone for me. I asked my cousin to check his account and it's gone for him too.

He also said that todays Rewards email was worth 500 points for him and mine was worth 150 points. The only difference, he redeemed it on his phone using the Edge mobile browser.

Today is 2x points for PC searches.

Also, has anyone else been getting an error message when trying to access the bing dashboard or reward redemption page? It says "This page isn’t working
account.microsoft.com is currently unable to handle this request."

I cannot access the dashboard for my account. The page loads but it's only the Microsoft stuff that's usually at the bottom of the page.

Talking about the error messages.Do you guys have the new dashboard. I have it and got the error when it first happened for several days.

A family member of mine doesn't have it yet but is getting the error message all the time still.

Huh, does anyone still have the option of a 12 month game pass or is it just the 3 month now? Bummer if they got rid of it because a year was about the same as Xbox Live (I think it was at like 29k) but now a year would be like 68k since it's 17k for 3 months. 

Xbox Live Gold Membership is available at reduced points temporarily.

1 Month for 4900 points (4730 for Level 2)

3 Months for 11200 points (10500 for Level 2)

12 Months for 21000 points (20300 for Level 2)

Deal is available until 11:59 PM PT on 2/28/2018 or while supplies last

I hope they bring back 12 month sub for Game Pass as well.  29000 pts for 12 month was a great deal.

Do the Xbox Live Gold codes have a Use-By date? I don't have much need for a Gold subscription, but for 4730 points a 1-month code would be nice to pocket for a future Xbox 360 Games With Gold game I would want. It would actually be good for three Xbox 360 games. Four if I redeem it February 1.

Well, the description says "On Xbox 360, Games with Gold offer for paid Gold members only.". That kind of sounds like Xbox 360 GWG games are disabled if you get Xbox Live Gold through some promotion. Can anyone confirm if their Gold subscription through these Gold codes includes Xbox 360 GWG games?

Just started doing Bing rewards this month. Any tips I should know about? What time each day does it reset? From what I can tell, I should be able to earn enough points every month to get Xbox GamePass for free. Is this correct? One thing I noticed is the mobile points are earned through 20 searches, and if you use the mobile Edge app, you get 100 extra points.

I've done a handful of edge mobile browser searches the last couple of days and have not received any points. Anyone else encounter this and find a way a trick to make sure it works? 

Same issue with Edge Mobile.

As far as tips...stay consistent.  Around 2-4AM Central for point resets.

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to get the point earning emails?I checked and all my communication permissions are checked from when I signed up many years ago.I stopped getting them after October 30th 2017.I have no idea why.

Thanks

anyone loses their streak even though u log in everyday?
The last few days their clocks seem to be messed up. I've been seeing tomorrow's reward "offers" starting around 7pm central time when I click on my points when on bing (not the dashboard), and they don't work. I've found that when this happens it doesn't seem to record my streak even though going to the dashboard and clicking today's items does get me points.

If you redeem a $5 XBL gift card on MS Rewards, they're currently sending out codes that redeem for $10 instead.  Someone posted about it in the XBL Deals thread, and I've just redeemed 3 $5 codes and each was for $10.  It shows as a $10 code before confirming the redemption, and my balance went up by $10 with each one.  The Rewards site is having some trouble, a number of times it returned an error when accessing the page, so keep trying.

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/000400000009

If you redeem a $5 XBL gift card on MS Rewards, they're currently sending out codes that redeem for $10 instead. Someone posted about it in the XBL Deals thread, and I've just redeemed 3 $5 codes and each was for $10. It shows as a $10 code before confirming the redemption, and my balance went up by $10 with each one. The Rewards site is having some trouble, a number of times it returned an error when accessing the page, so keep trying.

Ty for posting this! Worked here np.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you redeem a $5 XBL gift card on MS Rewards, they're currently sending out codes that redeem for $10 instead. Someone posted about it in the XBL Deals thread, and I've just redeemed 3 $5 codes and each was for $10. It shows as a $10 code before confirming the redemption, and my balance went up by $10 with each one. The Rewards site is having some trouble, a number of times it returned an error when accessing the page, so keep trying.

still working! Thanks!!

My wife has a Microsoft account. If I started logging in as her and racking up points, that wouldn't be some sort of TOS violation to get our accounts banned or anything, right? I just remember hearing about multiple accounts leading to bans and don't want to chance it.

Thanks for the heads up, Bloomy. Unfortunately, mine only redeemed for $5. Even more unfortunate is that their glitchy site charged me twice. This will be my first time dealing in with support and I'm not looking forward to the experience.

My wife has a Microsoft account. If I started logging in as her and racking up points, that wouldn't be some sort of TOS violation to get our accounts banned or anything, right? I just remember hearing about multiple accounts leading to bans and don't want to chance it.
Bing's TOU says 5 and that members can only redeem 55,000 points a year???

https://www.bing.com/rewards/tou

Says it's last updated in 2014.

General requirements for program participation. The Program is open to users who reside in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and who are at least thirteen (13) years of age and is void where prohibited by law. All Program users must have a valid Microsoft account (see here for details) or another identifier if allowed by Microsoft (see here), and must meet the minimum system requirements. You may not maintain more than one Program account. Each household is limited to five Program accounts. To redeem credits, you must provide your true first and last name, and submit an accurate mailing address, working phone number, and email address. For fraud prevention, you may also be required to enter a code we can send to your mobile, home or work phone number (toll free and VOIP phone numbers are not accepted, see Frequently Asked Questions ) or complete a similar challenge. Additional personal information may be required to redeem credits for certain Rewards. You may not use any service intended to obfuscate your true IP address or location.

Program Changes, Cancellation, or Account Termination. The Program may be cancelled, suspended or changed by Microsoft at any time, and Microsoft may elect to close your Program account at its sole discretion. Microsoft may change the Rewards or the number of credits you may earn for a specific Reward at any time, and we may delete features. There may be interruptions or extended downtimes. We reserve the right to cancel the Program account of a specific user at our discretion. Such cancellation or suspension may be without cause. If Microsoft suspends or terminates the Program, notice will be provided on the Program site. If Microsoft chooses to close your Program account, you will be given notice at the latest email address you have provided in your Program account. In either case, you must redeem your credits no later than ninety (90) days after notice is given by Microsoft or those credits will be forfeited. Upon Program cancellation, notwithstanding your ability to redeem your credits within the time allowed, your right to use the Program and accrue future points ends immediately. In the event that Microsoft deems that you have violated these Program Terms of Use, then notwithstanding the foregoing, Microsoft may suspend or terminate your Program account without notice and without the opportunity to redeem existing credits. Credits earned in the Program are not valid in, and may not be used in combination with, any other program offered by Microsoft or third parties. Unredeemed credits expire if you do not earn any credits for one hundred-eighty (180) days; after such time Microsoft may close your Program account with or without notice.

Operation of Rewards credit counter. The Program Rewards credit counter (the “Rewards credit counter”) will display the total number of credits you have available to redeem in the Program, as well as other information about the Program. For more information see the FAQ.

Redemption of Bing Rewards Credits. You may redeem your credits by visiting the redemption center. There may be a limited number of a particular Reward available, and those Rewards will be delivered on a first-come, first-served basis. To receive certain Rewards, Microsoft may require you to sign an affidavit, release of liability, publicity release, or other documents. Except for donating your credits to a nonprofit organization listed in the redemption center, you cannot transfer credits. Credits are not your personal property, and you may not obtain any cash or money in exchange for them. Your only way to use credits is to order the specific Rewards that we offer at the redemption center or contribute credits to a listed nonprofit organization. Rewards are not for resale. Microsoft may limit the quantity of credits or Rewards per person or per household or over a set period (e.g. per day).
Members may also redeem no more than 55,000 credits per calendar year in the Program.

https://rewards.microsoft.com/terms?mkt=EN-CA

I believe this Microsoft Rewards TOU link is for Canada, but it states six accounts and 550,000 points per member a year.

1. Program Requirements. You need a valid Microsoft account and your devices must meet the minimum system requirements. The Program is open to users who reside in the markets listed in the FAQ. Individuals can have no more than one Program account, even if an individual has multiple email addresses, and households are limited to six accounts. The Program is solely for your personal and noncommercial use.
  2. Points. Except for donating your points to a nonprofit organization listed in the redemption center, you cannot transfer points. Points are not your personal property, and you may not obtain any cash or money in exchange for them. Points are awarded to you on a promotional basis. You cannot purchase points. Microsoft may limit the quantity of points or Rewards per person, per household, or over a set period (e.g., a day) provided that you are not disadvantaged in breach of good faith. You may redeem no more than 550,000 points per calendar year in the Program. Points earned in the Program are not valid in, and may not be used in combination with, any other program offered by Microsoft or third parties. Unredeemed points expire if you do not earn or redeem any points for one year.

I wonder if you have to do all activities and searches for it to count???
The 3 things in the "Daily set" advance the streak. I'm currently at 12. I missed one or two days, but a couple other streaks were broken because the site acts up. It seems like the daily set activities switch out at midnight Eastern but don't become active until later, like around 3am (midnight Pacific, Microsoft's home time zone).

Streak is 38. Just started in January. And I have 20k in points. Wish I would have started sooner to get that deal on 12 month Xbox Live. 21k expires 2/28. I’m gonna be like 2-3 days short. Though I’m not sure what the original point price is for it. Most likely will just keep to my original plan and use it for free GamePass. I’m currently using the free month that came with my Xb1X and got another free month to turn on auto renew.

Still can’t get over the Xb1X deals from B.B. I was able to stack the free game/controller/3months Live and just got a $50 gc this week. Not to mention I paid for it with mostly gcs and certs.

For pc searches(iPad) I usually just click on the different topics for News. But can’t see to find a way for it register on mobile. So I usually find myself searching 24 random things.

Is everyone still receiving the bonus point e-mails? I haven't received them in awhile and I assumed they just stopped... but I checked my wife's e-mail today and she's still getting them! What the heck...

Is everyone still receiving the bonus point e-mails? I haven't received them in awhile and I assumed they just stopped... but I checked my wife's e-mail today and she's still getting them! What the heck...
I have a similar situation.My account stopped getting them but a family member is still getting them all the time.

I cannot get a streak. I have been stuck on '0 days' for some time now. Is there anything specific I have to do? 

It appears I get a Microsoft Reward E-mail every Tuesday. I only went back four weeks though. If someone is interested, I can check into more detail. Do these E-mail rewards ever "expire" ?

I cannot get a streak. I have been stuck on '0 days' for some time now. Is there anything specific I have to do?

It appears I get a Microsoft Reward E-mail every Tuesday. I only went back four weeks though. If someone is interested, I can check into more detail. Do these E-mail rewards ever "expire" ?
I can say I went about a month without doing anything then when I did log in, all the emails still worked fine.

MS Rewards changed up the redeem method of the Xbox/Microsoft gift cards. Instead of getting a code it's applied directly to the redeeming account, no more emailed codes and selling or stacking several account's codes into one account. I thought there might be a change coming because I noticed during the last "Hot Deal" in March that the codes redeem by date were 9/30, then the first few days of April I redeemed a non- Hot Deal $10 promo code and it went back to 6/30.

How it shows in your account now:

Recent purchases

(Order date - Items Status -Total) 4/9/2018 Miscellaneous Credit Refunded ($10.00) ($10.00)

The $10 I got today expires in 90 on 7/9/18. There setting the restriction date as 6/30 if you get a Xbox code on 6/30 you need to redeem by 9/28/18. I'll probably start setting my goal as $25 and try to get another $25 within the 90 days or set it as $50 per account then get a $25 or different combo of those or different reward.

They've also changed/added the new restriction notice on the redeem pages:

NEW! Microsoft Rewards has enabled direct deposit. Now when you redeem points for an Xbox Gift Card the value will be directly deposited into your Microsoft account. You’ll no longer receive a code in your inbox that you’ll have to take to Microsoft.com to apply yourself. We’ll only email you to confirm when the value is ready for you to spend.
When you confirm your order for a Xbox Digital Gift, you agree to its full value being added to your Microsoft account. Subject to the Microsoft Gift Card terms.

I wonder if this is just for the Xbox Gift Cards or if it will apply to Xbox Gold Memberships and Game Pass too.
My friend I were talking/wondering about the very same thing. It doesn't mention anything under the restrictions for those atm at least but it could, or it may be in the works as things are subject to change and changes are being made. I'm not sure if in the past if it said a code would be sent in the description but it doesn't mention a code.

Our family usually builds up the LIVE one year on an account and put it on the primary account the console is registered, 12 months hasn't been offered lately but is back now, no 12 month Game Pass available just one and three months.

Too I see there isn't a $50 option now, i thought that it was there at one point on one of the two GCs.

On the accounts we get promo credit we're thinking about getting the Wal-Mart $5 though it's 1/4+ more points I believe you can get Xbox credit physical cards online and there would not be an expiration once added to any account you choose skipping direct deposit and being able to build points in one account.

Promotional gift card. Redeem by June 30, 2018 and spend within 90 days of redemption. Works with Microsoft Store online, Windows 10, Xbox One and Xbox 360 (Xbox Live required).

Kind of a wonky question that I doubt works, But if I get a Microsoft Store Gift card Then use that at the microsoft store to get an Xbox Gift card?

Game Pass is now the hot deal at

1 month at 5,600 points (was 7,000)
Or
3 months at 14,400 (was 18,000).

Kind of a wonky question that I doubt works, But if I get a Microsoft Store Gift card Then use that at the microsoft store to get an Xbox Gift card?
There is no reason you shouldn't be able to (though sometimes you'll get a microsoft store employee who will claim otherwise). Just be aware that physical microsoft store gift cards have to be used in store. They don't work online.

The problem could be that the new daily 3 streak activities for the next day will appear before the clock resets for the day and if you click on them they will not count as done for the next day and end your streak even though all the activities will show as done.I had like an 80 day streak and it ended because I clicked on one before 1am PST when the next day started so then it ended the streak.

bread's done
Back