Bioshock 2 (360) $22, Operation Flashpoint: DR (360) $13, Ghostbusters (PS3) $10 @ GF

Ernest_360

CAGiversary!
GameFly continued its used game sale today (4/29) with the new announcements over twitter. As Cheapy mentioned, all deals will last from noon PST to noon PST the next day. Games are used and include box and manual (and should feature free standard shipping). A LOT of CAGs have been taking advantage of this ongoing bonanza of titles this week...

Today's Are:

:360: Bioshock 2 - $21.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - $12.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters - $9.99

Enjoy!

*NEWS*

Just refreshed the PS3 listings, nothing new with sale prices yet, BUT they have new listings in their PS3 Store! Hopefully they show us some love

Games Include:

Fracture
Alone in the Dark
Far Cry 2
Bioshock 2
Batman AA
Killzone 2
inFamous
Dragon Age: Origins

I know there are more games listed, there are 71 compared to about 55 previously.

[quote name='jjz203']Because some games may never be found again by the time the next gen console is out and the games I want now are obsolete or out of production. Case in point, I have Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, I got them brand new for about $20 a piece last gen. Now Ico is pretty rare in stores and pricey on ebay so I'm pretty glad I got them brand new when they were out. :razz: I'm a calculated risk taker, I wouldn't JUST buy a game for the hell of it. And to seem a little more sane, I have played every game I've bought for at least an hour each to make sure they work and to see if I purchased a game I would enjoy, and 95% of them I am glad I did. The other 5% I have given away to friends or pushed on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the fact that eventually many games just become impossible to find. It seems like for any decent game the value will go down after it has been out for awhile to try to sell more copies, then it will hover at next to nothing for an extremely long time, then will skyrocket as the game becomes nearly impossible to find. Ico is a great example- I can't tell you how many times I've had the opportunity to buy this game for cheap. I played a demo of the game many years ago and liked it at a time when no one really knew about it. Now if I want this old PS2 game it's at least $30. Not terrible but it's not

[quote name='derekg52']*NEWS*

Just refreshed the PS3 listings, nothing new with sale prices yet, BUT they have new listings in their PS3 Store! Hopefully they show us some love

Games Include:

Fracture
Alone in the Dark
Far Cry 2
Bioshock 2
Batman AA
Killzone 2
inFamous
Dragon Age: Origins

I know there are more games listed, there are 71 compared to about 55 previously.[/QUOTE]

If somehow Killzone were $10, I'd buy it back. Dragon Age was great but for me it's a once-playthrough game and that's it. Have or don't want all the other ones.

[quote name='angrysalad187']I agree about the fact that eventually many games just become impossible to find. It seems like for any decent game the value will go down after it has been out for awhile to try to sell more copies, then it will hover at next to nothing for an extremely long time, then will skyrocket as the game becomes nearly impossible to find. Ico is a great example- I can't tell you how many times I've had the opportunity to buy this game for cheap. I played a demo of the game many years ago and liked it at a time when no one really knew about it. Now if I want this old PS2 game it's at least $30. Not terrible but it's not[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy X seemed to bump up in price lately...it's $20 used at gamestop now. I never played it and recently unearthed a PS2, so I want to get it, but that seems pricey. Hell, FFXII is only $12.

On the backlog thing, if I can find a game for under $20 that I really want, I'll buy it, even if I know I won't play it for a little while. My pricepoint for games I'm kinda interested in would be $10. After that, the game isn't going to depreciate that much more, if at all.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']If somehow Killzone were $10, I'd buy it back. Dragon Age was great but for me it's a once-playthrough game and that's it. Have or don't want all the other ones.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you may have a quiet weekend then! I still need several of those games, so I am hopeful! I was more glad of the fact that GF added many new titles overnight, it seemed like the majority of their for sale games were shovelware.

GF is still actively adding new games to their PS3 section of the store, last count was 79. Could be a great weekend of sales!

Well after all that they took down a number of games they had posted on PS3.

1 deal is Wolfenstein PS3 12.99

Guitar Hero 5 (X360) - $12.99 ($11.69 w/ 10% off)

Purchased MUA2. I was going to jump on it the other day, but figured I'd wait and see if it was part of the deal today. Fun game, just wasn't worth retail price that I originally.

[quote name='inanim8']Gamefly has really become a disappointment for us PS3 owners for the week long sale. The continuation of the no love for the PS3 goes on. Let's hope they make up for it today.[/QUOTE]

If you have looked at all of the deals this week there have been nearly as many PS3 (6) titles featured as Xbox 360 (8). If anything there should be more Wii titles in these sales.

One-Day Used Game Sale!

Wolfenstein (PS3) $12.99

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $9.99

Guitar Hero 5 (Xbox360) $12.99

Man, why is it always the games I buy on release day end up getting huge price drops fast? I held off on Just Cause 2 and Yakuza 3 and not one freaking sale ANYWHERE on those games.

[quote name='kingkiller33']Man, why is it always the games I buy on release day end up getting huge price drops fast? I held off on Just Cause 2 and Yakuza 3 and not one freaking sale ANYWHERE on those games.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sure Just Cause 2 will drop fast if not will end up being cheap, Yukuza might take a while.

For those who ordered any Gamefly deals yesterday, they appear to be shipping. I just got my notice about five minutes ago stating that my BS2 just shipped.

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']If you have looked at all of the deals this week there have been nearly as many PS3 (6) titles featured as Xbox 360 (8). If anything there should be more Wii titles in these sales.[/QUOTE]
What the hell is Wii?

bread's done
Back