Bioshock 2, cant get gaming guarantee

ichit4k4_set0

CAGiversary!
Hi people,
I know this is the wrong place, but Id like to get an answer.

What do you do when a store refuses to apply the gaming guarantee?
I have called the EBgames.ca customer service and they said that they did not have the list of GG, and that they would to go by what the stores says.... lol

I will have to go again tommorow, to meet the manager who refused on the phone to apply the GG. Apparently, Bioshock 2 is not a GG (althought I have seen it advertised in other stores)

Im totally pissed... wtf.

Take the game to another store that does have Bioshock 2 as a GG.

Failing all else, the TIV is $40 and you can use it in a power trade.

Don't waste it to do a power trade, it IS a GG and other stores have confirmed this. Most managers know this.

Here's the link direct from the GS.ca website:

http://www.gamestop.ca/gs/weeklyad/images/weeklyad_22jan.jpg

weeklyad_22jan.jpg

Don't take no for an answer, but be KIND about it. Just respect them and have them call as many stores as they need to.

I don't know about other stores, but at mine myself and the assistant manager were having a lot of trouble finding documentation supporting the fact that it is indeed eligible for the gaming guarantee. If you bring in that ad, you should be fine though.

It was on their website so it's a valid deal BUT:

See that "*see stores for details?" usually that means they can stop the deal at any time they wish because of some ad or fine print somewhere (ALL retail store offers have a disclaimer saying they can stop it at any time) or at the store's discretion.

Also thank RFD scum for EBs not taking back GGs, I heard of a few stores just stopping because of the HUGE influx of scammers bringing back near a dozen copies (that's each, made under their family or friends' names) during my tenure there. I'm sure plenty of members and lurkers on CAG are probably guilty of this too.

A third thing is that their return policy clearly states: "we have the right to refuse a return from anyone", the word "return" includes anything, including GGs and trades.

Fourth thing? The manager might just be a huge douche. Or you did something fishy or scammy and they know your face.

Pre-ordered my copy of it a few weeks back at the Oakville Town Centre EB Games and picked it up on on Tuesday afternoon. Double-checked when I picked it up with the guy working at the time and he said it was. Beat it by Thursday evening with no interest in ever playing it again. Tried to trade it back earlier today and was told, "nope, not covered by the gaming guarantee". The guy phoned (or perhaps pretended to...) three other stores, claiming that they "confirmed" it wasn't. With my smartphone, I showed him their weekly e-mail that advertised the "Bioshock 2" gaming guarantee. He said no dice unless I could give him a web address. I then pointed out that the Oakville Place EB Games (which was just over 1 km away) had a display at the front of the store advertising Gaming Guarantees for God of War III, Red Dead Redemption and (oh yeah) Bioshock 2. He went just short of calling me a liar and said I should come back on Tuesday and *maybe* they'll have some solid info on whether it was a GG or not.

So in a huff, I left the store and drove over to the Oakville Place store to double-check to see if that display from a few days earlier was still up and, yup, it was. I explained my experience at the other store less than 10 minutes earlier to the girl at the counter and was greeted me with an "Of coarse it's a gaming guarantee. It's in the book." She happily traded the game in for me for the full $69.99, even though I pre-ordered it at that other store.

Long story short, some stores will honour it, other will pretend they don't know about it. In the future, I will probably still trade-in games at the store that tried to screw me over (but only my crappy games) but I'm gonna make an effort to spend my money and in-store credit at the Oakville Place store.

Yeah, seems BS2 is a bit of a headache.

I had no problems today, other than the refund of the unopened CE that I returned. But that was sorted quickly enough.

Luckily the manager at the EB in Guildford was there that I bought it from and she was there when I brought it back.

Good timing? You could say that ;)

RDR is the next one I'm looking forward to. Why? Because I can virtually play it for free! Yay! :)

[quote name='TheCitizen']... Tried to trade it back earlier today and was told, "nope, not covered by the gaming guarantee"....

...girl at the counter and was greeted me with an "Of coarse it's a gaming guarantee. It's in the book."...

... but I'm gonna make an effort to spend my money and in-store credit at the Oakville Place store.[/QUOTE]

That's two very good examples of bad and good management (respectively) but again, the manager might've just told him not to take 'em back because of scammers.

And I like how people get all uppity about "consumer power" and "power of the dollar" and think their contribution to the corporate machine makes a difference. XD Serious though, it all goes to the same guys. /shortrant (not directed at you Citizen, I've just been working retail too long)

[quote name='andsoitgoes']RDR is the next one I'm looking forward to. Why? Because I can virtually play it for free! Yay! :)[/QUOTE]

With what I'm hearing about the piss poor management at R* plus the level of stress they already have to deal with I'm gonna wait until a few patches come out before I pick that one up.

Sorry to hear people are having problems. I held off on the game because I have so much other stuff to play... but I probably would have bought it if it had ever been clear at any of the EB stores near me that Bioshock was a game guarantee title.

I think I got the email saying it was... but I have no appetite for challenging staff at EB if it can be prevented, and this seemed like a headache waiting to happen.

The manager at my local eb, his name is Dwight, and he will try to weasel out of ANYTHING. I now have EB customer service on speedial on my phone because of him.

[quote name='Nukkus']The manager at my local eb, his name is Dwight, and he will try to weasel out of ANYTHING. I now have EB customer service on speedial on my phone because of him.[/QUOTE]
win

Yeah I might see if I can trade mine in tomorrow, since I picked it up on Wednesday. I'm realllly contemplating that 'Trade 4 games, get $100 off the Forza 3 bundle, trade in your old Xbox, get another $100 off." So basically $200 off the $400 bundle, then $69.99 credit. I could sell my 60GB HD as well for like $50 or so, and sell off one of my older controllers for $25 or something.

The guys at my EBs keep telling me GoW3 was the next GG.

Guess I can try to trade in my copy of BS2 (soon) then.

I was able to trade it at another store!
Thanks all

Again I think the deal is on, but as stated certain stores can refuse to honor, and theres nothing you can do about it. At least, its possible to apply GG at other locations.

[quote name='zorba_the_greek']The next 3 gg's are FFXIII, God of War 3, and Battlefield Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

The only ones publicized in-store are GOW3 and Red Dead Redemption.
(My source is the little displays with the rows of empty boxes, they have that banner on their covers)

When does GOW3 and Red Dead Redemption come out?
I'm almost certainly going to do this with Red Dead, and I'd love to do it with GOW3 as well.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Well if FFXIII or BFBC2 are GG's, I'm going to try to switch my GoW III pre-order to one of them and get my $10 back.[/QUOTE]

I really don't think BFBC2 is a GG. I've been in multiple EB Games in the last few days and I've seen nothing to advertise it as one. It might say it is somewhere in "the Book" but as a consumer, there's been no evidence of it either in-store, in their e-mails or on their website, as far as I've seen.

I suspect that six days after it's out, there's going to be a flood of people here complaining that they couldn't trade the game back for full credit because the CSR working at the time wouldn't accept, "someone posted it was on an video game bargains website!" as proof that it's a gaming guarantee.

Buyer beware, I'd say.

I will 100% confirm that Battlefield is a GG. It came late, but will be in march's promo book. Hopefully someone here (ranzo ?) can also confirm it. It was just known so late that no one knew a head of time really.

Also, expect more than Red Dead to be GG's in the month of April, I suspect their "why rent?" promo is a big hit, but should be another title in the very least of april. Splinter cell anyone?

bread's done
Back