Bioshock 2 - General Discussion & Info (Game now released!)

I played some just a minute ago to get my feet wet before CAG night. Played two rounds of capture the sister. Fun stuff. Died a bit. And your options are pretty limited at the start. Looking forward to leveling up and getting some more options. A smidge off level 3 now. At least I got my machine gun!

Hacking and researching are both really cool... between those and killing/assists, leveling shouldn't be too hard. Or at least not as hard if it was mostly kill based.

Cool, it looks like there are a decent amount of people interested in a CAG Night tomorrow at 9pm. Most of you guys are already on my friend's list so that will make things easier. I'll send everyone else a FR.

I've played FFA mostly so far but we can try the objective modes too. I don't think you can change game type while in a room so we all may need to leave and re-invite a few times - just a head's up. I really wish every MP game had a party system, heh.

I should be online tomorrow night.. Add me to your list if you need an extra player. Make sure you put CAG/bioshock 2 in the request so I know where it's from lol.

[quote name='Darknyss']Cool, it looks like there are a decent amount of people interested in a CAG Night tomorrow at 9pm. Most of you guys are already on my friend's list so that will make things easier. I'll send everyone else a FR.

I've played FFA mostly so far but we can try the objective modes too. I don't think you can change game type while in a room so we all may need to leave and re-invite a few times - just a head's up. I really wish every MP game had a party system, heh.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Glad you are handling the requesting.

I like the team based games like capture the sister largely due to the adam boost you get in those modes. :lol:

Also, if anyone needs the win a match trophy, you get it if your team wins, regardless if you sucked.

I played about two hours and had a lot of fun. On the adam grab mode you can rack up the adam by holding the sister.

Did pretty solid most of the time. Got dominated one round. Sucks we got separated Darknyss. That last invite gave me an error.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I played about two hours and had a lot of fun. On the adam grab mode you can rack up the adam by holding the sister.

Did pretty solid most of the time. Got dominated one round. Sucks we got separated Darknyss. That last invite gave me an error.[/QUOTE]
Doh, should have told me... I would have sent another invite:D I thought you wanted to do your own thing.

CAG night seemed to work okay for this game. We actually stayed grouped some of the time while switching game types.

Are Capture the LS always that long and drawn out? I thought it was never going to end!

I don't know if there are options or not to set length. Everyone I have played has the four 3 minute rounds, I think. Adam grab gives you the same bonus of at least 150 extra adam (200 for winning team) and is a lot shorter.

But with that you don't have the satisfaction of bringing down the house in the Big Daddy suit!

i would have stayed longer but it just seemed to be me, saint and dark sitting in a lobby and it said wating for host for like 5 min. so i left to play just regular matches. i thought it was funny everyone was like 1-9 and i stroll in level 31. still didnt do the greatest though.

Yeah. You had a massive level! I ended the night at 11 I think. Started doing some team deathmatch for the first time... was doing really well. Wanted to get the big daddy suit, but never did.

Does it spawn in the same spot every time or is it random?

[quote name='Saint Noir']Yeah. You had a massive level! I ended the night at 11 I think. Started doing some team deathmatch for the first time... was doing really well. Wanted to get the big daddy suit, but never did.

Does it spawn in the same spot every time or is it random?[/QUOTE]

It's random among a set few places it can spawn.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i would have stayed longer but it just seemed to be me, saint and dark sitting in a lobby and it said wating for host for like 5 min. so i left to play just regular matches. i thought it was funny everyone was like 1-9 and i stroll in level 31. still didnt do the greatest though.[/QUOTE]
NP, I don't think you can hear mic'd players when you don't have one hooked up. We were waiting for Sinistar. He hadn't played multi yet and had to go through the initial set up.

Good games. We can try another night this week if you want. Mon, Thurs or Fri work for me.

ya, my level is high cuz i havent played single player yet, just multi. while i think the MP is decent, i wont be playing it once i reach 40. plus in a few weeks, BFBC2 comes out, so im trying to plat bioshock 2 before that comes out.

[quote name='Darknyss']Good games. We can try another night this week if you want. Mon, Thurs or Fri work for me.[/QUOTE]

Monday would probably be best for me. I can do Tues after 10 PM (Lost). Friday's are hit and miss.

Sinclair Solutions Test Pack DLC coming soon...

$4.99 on PSN, the pack will include:

Rank Increase to level 50 with Rank Rewards
New playable characters Louie McGraff and Oscar Calraca
20 new trials (some only available after a player achieves a rank of 41 or higher)
A third weapon upgrade for each weapon
Five additional masks (some only available after a player achieves a rank of 41 or higher)

[quote name='Saint Noir']Sinclair Solutions Test Pack DLC coming soon...

$4.99 on PSN, the pack will include:

Rank Increase to level 50 with Rank Rewards
New playable characters Louie McGraff and Oscar Calraca
20 new trials (some only available after a player achieves a rank of 41 or higher)
A third weapon upgrade for each weapon
Five additional masks (some only available after a player achieves a rank of 41 or higher)[/QUOTE]

Yeah so 2k is becoming EA it appears, those two extra players were cut from the game and probably already exist on the disc. Seems they have no problem shamelessly milking BS for all its worth now; funny from a company that said not too long ago that 'developing future dlc while the game is being developed is ripping off consumers' lol.

Anyone with a special edition version, take a black light and hold it up to the three posters included with the set for hidden messages on each which is kind of cool.

8bit, did you play a particular mode to get that high? I noticed you average a good bit of Adam ever match. Curious if you had any secret. I know you put in the required time to get that high though. I am at about 24 or 25 I think.

Of course, I always collect the vials around the stage, research/hack, always go after the big daddy (killed on last night with a shotgun and wrench pretty much single handedly, felt awesome).

I have four of the pre-order multiplayer bonus codes. First come, first served. Post in here if you want one, and I'll PM you later today, tomorrow or Monday.

You're all welcome.

One left. ...actually, two. One was stuck to another.
loopy_toungue.gif

If anyone wants to jump on today, it is a good day to do it... I am dominating today for some reason. Lots of big daddy plays, big daddy kills, kill streaks, won matches... good stuff.

Today I have been getting about 1000 Adam every match. I am sure I just jinxed myself, but still.

[quote name='Blackout']Any of you guys level 40 yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but everything I got after 30 or so was pretty useless. The grenade launcher mods actually make it worse, hilariously enough.

I figured that out as well... I have been using a grenade launcher with NO mods as my back up weapon. I will probably jump on in an hour or so. I was having network issues that made me stop earlier.

[quote name='mykevermin']SP was a huge letdown; totally anticlimactic. I'm going to tuck into some MP from now on.[/QUOTE]

combine the game play of BS2 with the story of BS1, we would have had an awesome game.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']combine the game play of BS2 with the story of BS1, we would have had an awesome game.[/QUOTE]
Lol I was actually thinking about that last night and how they should do a revamp of the original.

I might be up for playing some tonight.. Been trudging through the single player campaing still though lol

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']combine the game play of BS2 with the story of BS1, we would have had an awesome game.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't entirely the content of the story, really. In part it was - the game felt like a phony attempt at "video game bipartisanship" in the sense that the entire story of Rapture was one of a quasi-Randian Objectivist dystopia - and in this game the cram in a story about the failures of a quasi-Communist in Elanor Lamb. That just seemed to tacked on to me.

But it could have worked well, again, it isn't just the content. Aesthetically the game felt like "Bioshock: Map Level Pack," and that contributed to the convoluted stories linking 1 and 2. Is this truly a failed Communist approach? Hard to tell, since Rapture looks like the same ruined city it was before.

The worst of the game's unforgivable SP sins, thought, came in the form of the final level. Should I spoiler this? Oh, I guess so:

I was stunned when the game ended. I can't remember the last time I finished a game and thought to myself "no way dude, there's gotta be 2-3 more levels! the story's not over! I didn't even fight a boss; WTF?" The problem is that good storytelling involves letting the reader/player know that the end of the arc is coming. I didn't get that feeling at all. I genuinely expected 2 or 3 more levels, a boss fight, some confrontation with Lamb, something. The way the game ended, it felt like more it just stopped than ended, if you can appreciate the distinction.

But the gameplay is indeed good (drill dash FTW!), so maybe I'll get more enjoyment in MP.

bread's done
Back