Bioshock 2 LE $29.99 at Gamestop

Perfect timing if you still need it: Add Minerva's Den DLC for 400 MSP (1/2 price) this week.

[quote name='shurija']No love for Xbox 360. I woulda considered picking this up.[/QUOTE]

On the website, it shows both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions down to $29.99. However, it also shows a "Bioshock 2 Limited Edition Gamestop Exclusive" for the 360 at $69.99. I'm not sure what, if any, difference there is between the two 360 limited editions.

[quote name='airjumpman']On the website, it shows both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions down to $29.99. However, it also shows a "Bioshock 2 Limited Edition Gamestop Exclusive" for the 360 at $69.99. I'm not sure what, if any, difference there is between the two 360 limited editions.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see it now. Thanks for pointing this out!

I didn't see "online only" on the page.

Does this mean it's $29.99 in stores as well?! Might have to check even though I'm strapped for cash right now.

[quote name='dieresis']Ahh, $20 would be an ideal price for me. Hopefully GS drops it some more later on.
I didn't know TRU had it for that price. *sigh* When was that, IAmTheCheapestGamer?[/QUOTE]

That was in like July or August I think. They had that and GoW III UE for 19.99. They both went pretty fast anyway.

got this last time GS had it for 30 online for the xbox. even though i have yet to play the game, the CE stuff is worth if you like CE stuff. better than some cheap figurine, it's all pretty well made stuff. a pretty meaty artbook, soundtrack on both a vinyl and CD, and 3 small posters (but they have hidden messages under blacklight so that makes them cooler). oh yea it also has a game, so you're really only paying 10 bucks extra for those cool items.

If I didn't already have the game, I would have probably bought this. I like the alan wake limited edition because it fits on my dvd shelf. I'm not sure where I would put this one anyway.

[quote name='dieresis']Ahh, $20 would be an ideal price for me. Hopefully GS drops it some more later on.
I didn't know TRU had it for that price. *sigh* When was that, IAmTheCheapestGamer?http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=31700[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember that was a hectic deal... in fairness though after like $8 in shipping and then tax it was more like $30.

I didn't care much for most of the extras, but the artbook is easily worth the price of admission.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']picked up a PS3 copy at the west side Madison location.
They still have a Xbox 360 one left.
It was indeed $30+tax.
Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Online, it only shows the PS3 version as $30. Can anyone confirm the Xbox 360 version is also $30?

edit: NVM, it apparently was the GameStop Limited Edition. What is the difference?

just picked the ps3 version up! thanks op! a big plus is that the gs one doesn't have the annoying and damaging security spider like the wm one. haha even the gamestop employee was like "dayum. thats cheap."

[quote name='mistamike']got this at blockbuster for 9.99[/QUOTE]

The limited edition brand new for 9.99? If not, then, well, you didn't.

[quote name='mistamike']got this at blockbuster for 9.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']The limited edition brand new for 9.99? If not, then, well, you didn't.[/QUOTE]

you know he did the exact same thing when Bioshock 2 LE was on sale at walmart for $30.

No idea why he wants people to think he got it at $9.99 at bbv, especially since BBV never rented it and i highly doubt they ever sold it.

so can you get this for 360 for $30? I'm confused, since people are talking about a gamestop version as well

just got back from my local gamestop and got the last ps3 special edition they had in stock! the outside slipcase was in rough shape w/ some rips/dust/tears but the lovely black box and all the contents were in mint condition so i bought it!

thanks op!!!

[quote name='confoosious']I know this might be a question i already know the answer to but:

is there any chance i get a sealed copy?[/QUOTE]
mine wasn't sealed but i'm not sure whether or not this special edition ever had a traditional plastic wrap. i say that b/c when i saw this at best buy for $60 it was in the same condition as gamestop. however, individual items in the box are sealed in plastic wrap such as the vinyl record, the cd, and the game itself.

update: actually, the special edition does come wrapped in cellophane but mine wasn't and i just bought it "new" :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think the chances of finding a sealed copy are good. The chances of finding a pristine slip cover not so good.

[quote name='PublikDefender']mine wasn't sealed but i'm not sure whether or not this special edition ever had a traditional plastic wrap. i say that b/c when i saw this at best buy for $60 it was in the same condition as gamestop. however, individual items in the box are sealed in plastic wrap such as the vinyl record, the cd, and the game itself.[/QUOTE]

It does. THere should be a seal over the black butterfly box.

I assumed the slip cover would be all jacked up.

The slipcase I got it in was about 95% perfect. It had very minor scuffs but I don't know what to do about the sticker seals.

If I try to rip them off they'll damage the cardboard slipcase, I guess I could try to cut them.

I opened the one I had bought from target, anyway. I kept the extras and sold the game back them for like $14, so the extras cost me $4... I was very happy with that. The book is more than worth the cost. It's really nice. Once day, I'm going to frame some of these posters and prints I keep getting.

[quote name='confoosious']It does. THere should be a seal over the black butterfly box.

I assumed the slip cover would be all jacked up.[/QUOTE]
yeah, i guess i should return my copy and continue to look around for a sealed copy

opened mine in front of my gf...and ended up going back to gs with her so she could buy one for herself. luckily there are 6 gamestops within 10 min driving distance from me.

I just picked one up at my local Gamestop. I kinda felt bad for the dude, he had to bust out the ladder to grab it off the topshelf. Ah well, thanks for deal OP.

[quote name='gorgonzola238']I just picked one up at my local Gamestop. I kinda felt bad for the dude, he had to bust out the ladder to grab it off the topshelf. Ah well, thanks for deal OP.[/QUOTE]

Haha same here

[quote name='Kerig']Perfect timing if you still need it: Add Minerva's Den DLC for 400 MSP (1/2 price) this week.[/QUOTE]

Is this onsale for Ps3 too?

[quote name='PublikDefender']yeah, i guess i should return my copy and continue to look around for a sealed copy[/QUOTE]

when i got from gamestop.com it came in perfect condition, so if they have it online i'd say give that a try.

Man, Walmart has these but the spider wire has the cover torn to shreds. I'm glad to see GS is selling them at the same price. Time to put this credit to good use.

bread's done
Back