Bioshock 2 LE $29.99 at Gamestop

finally found a shrinkwrapped copy from a different location and returned the one that was opened :):D:lol:.

also got a little bonus w/ the sealed copy. the gamestop pre-order bonus card was taped to the outside slipcase. the code unlocked 2 multiplayer characters: mlle blanche de glace and zigo d'acosta.

bravo, op :applause:

I find it ironic that on one thread (the Tax Savings deal) GameStop is criticized for having crap deals, yet in this thread everyone loves GameStop... that's how CAG works.

[quote name='gorgonzola238']I just picked one up at my local Gamestop. I kinda felt bad for the dude, he had to bust out the ladder to grab it off the topshelf. Ah well, thanks for deal OP.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Plus it was the last copy. I felt sorta sad for the guy, since he had said he was looking forward to buying it once he got off his shift. He looked a little heartbroken.

Oh, well. There are plenty of GameStops near that one. He could have tried the other two within a mile.

[quote name='serg0']Picked up a PS3 version earlier today. Box was sealed and the cover was in great condition.[/QUOTE]

Same with me wife said it looked cool especially for the price.

Thanks OP!!!!!! I have been waiting to pick this up, and happened to read this while at the mall. I popped in right after GS opened and grabbed the last 360 version.

The whole thing isn't supposed to be sealed right?

The black box was sealed and the slip cover had clear stickers on the top and bottom holding it on.

[quote name='willardhaven']The whole thing isn't supposed to be sealed right?

The black box was sealed and the slip cover had clear stickers on the top and bottom holding it on.[/QUOTE]

That's how a new copy should look like.

I just picked this up today, last one in the store and that was probably only because they keep stuff like that up on a shelf out of normal eyeline. This and the Legendary edition of Halo Reach for $50 total...today was a good day.

Another check and i'm going back for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood special edition with the jack in the box for $60...caughta collect'em all!

[quote name='Daviddenton3']I just picked this up today, last one in the store and that was probably only because they keep stuff like that up on a shelf out of normal eyeline. This and the Legendary edition of Halo Reach for $50 total...today was a good day.

Another check and i'm going back for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood special edition with the jack in the box for $60...caughta collect'em all![/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get Bioshock and Halo reach LE for $50?

he probably just had credit on his gamestop acct.

i don't know why cags continue to post extraneous nonsense when it doesn't relate to the deal in question.

i hate when people pull that shit. You didn't get it for $50. You got it for $80 with credit or some clerk messed up. That kind of price reporting just confuses people.

By the way, i picked up Dead Space 2 today for $20. :roll:

[quote name='paintballers']Amazon needs to step up and start PM'ing all these CE deals from gamestop[/QUOTE]

Amazon was smart enough to ditch most of the Bioshock 2 LEs already. They don't need to PM cause their inventory is minimal.

[quote name='paintballers']Amazon needs to step up and start PM'ing all these CE deals from gamestop[/QUOTE]

Since when is amazon obligated to price match? I think we are starting to get a little demanding towards amazon.com.

Hmmm, still have my Bioshock 2 CE sealed from the TRU sale a while back....hmm...

while out and about today I hit up a gamestop that supposedly had this and the Deathsmiles CE's in stock -

However, trying not to spend money on games I ended up not buying anything because not once in the 20 minutes I was in the store did either of the clerks even speak to me.

[quote name='grrouchie']while out and about today I hit up a gamestop that supposedly had this and the Deathsmiles CE's in stock -

However, trying not to spend money on games I ended up not buying anything because not once in the 20 minutes I was in the store did either of the clerks even speak to me.[/QUOTE]

You can mention that in the survey.. Maybe you'll win the $500 gift card

[quote name='mistamike']I did get it at blockbuster for 9.99. Yes it wasnt sealed and it was opened but big deal it was le bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]

Pics or it didn't happen.

Has anyone ever seen the LE at Blockbuster?

I appreciate how the developers of Bioshock put real effort into their CE's. I remember when the original Bioshock came out, the collectors edition had Big Daddy mini state of considerable quality. Now I'll add the second game's collectors edition my collection!

I got the last one they had at our Gamestop.. sitting behind the xbox version alllllll alone haha. PRISTINE!! Comical because I had just came from Best Buy and saw their mutilated spider monkey editions with the slip cover torn all to hell!.. This will go on the shelf since I already had Bioshock 2. Just wanted the CE which is saaaaweet! So Thanks OP

Found a local Best Buy that had the Limited edition for BioShock 2 for 50% the sticker price of 49.95. When the clerk rung it up the actual price came to $15.50. Sure the slip cover was ripped but the box and everything inside were mint. Glad I held out as long as I did in getting this.

[quote name='trekkieb47']Found a local Best Buy that had the Limited edition for BioShock 2 for 50% the sticker price of 49.95. When the clerk rung it up the actual price came to $15.50. Sure the slip cover was ripped but the box and everything inside were mint. Glad I held out as long as I did in getting this.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that's YMMV. I have one in stock near me, but I won't be able to check until after work.

[quote name='trekkieb47']Found a local Best Buy that had the Limited edition for BioShock 2 for 50% the sticker price of 49.95. When the clerk rung it up the actual price came to $15.50. Sure the slip cover was ripped but the box and everything inside were mint. Glad I held out as long as I did in getting this.[/QUOTE]

what console? I know my local BB had a 360 version of limited edition.

WalMart has them for the same price if you can find them.

I picked one up recently and was very surprised to see the $29.99 pop up on the register.

Just picked up my copy, the slip cover has a few rips but nothing major.

I think the reason they still have these in stock is cause when I went to pick it up the guy had to go to the backroom to get it. If more people knew these were being sold for such a good price these would have been gone a long time ago

Last edited:
[quote name='KornKid91']

I think the reason they still have these in stock is cause when I went to pick it up the guy had to go to the backroom to get it. If more people knew these were being sold for such a good price these would have been gone a long time ago[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience at my gs.

EDIT: This is not the Trading forum. You don't sell/trade in here
Thanks,
gwen

EDIT EDIT: I wasn't selling in here prick...I was simply asking a fuckin question

Thanks,
Me

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is off topic, but I was wondering if anyone that purchase the Bioshock 2 collector's edition consider framing the posters.

Does anyone know the poster size and where to get a decent frame?
Please post pictures of it with the frame.

Thanks.

Size is 11x14, being a cheap gamer i purchased some $1 frames at Dollar Tree and BLAM!

167013_1780985534969_1549350049_1884061_8177802_n.jpg

[quote name='The Punisher']I know this is off topic, but I was wondering if anyone that purchase the Bioshock 2 collector's edition consider framing the posters.

Does anyone know the poster size and where to get a decent frame?
Please post pictures of it with the frame.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

thanks op got a 360 one and a ps3 one for my dad

2 ps3 ones left in hagerstown md at the mall for anyone else looking around here

[quote name='immortalfireboy']Size is 11x14, being a cheap gamer i purchased some $1 frames at Dollar Tree and BLAM!

167013_1780985534969_1549350049_1884061_8177802_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Have you tried seeing the hidden messages under a black light on them as of yet? I believe Kotaku has/had up pics showing the messages a while ago.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Have you tried seeing the hidden messages under a black light on them as of yet? I believe Kotaku has/had up pics showing the messages a while ago.[/QUOTE]

That is so cool.
I'm looking for some decent frames.I will probably try Michaels.
Is the 11 x 14 the exact size?

[quote name='The Punisher']That is so cool.
I'm looking for some decent frames.I will probably try Michaels.
Is the 11 x 14 the exact size?[/QUOTE]

Give or take a millimeter, it's very close to a perfect fit. I put the Andrew Ryan and the three brilliant minds ones in frames still need to get another frame for the last one.

[quote name='sadboy']The messages look a bit creepy, but cool nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlVd9tVg_us[/QUOTE]

So cool.
For anyone that just purchase Bioshock 2 collector edition,
Michael's has a sale this week on wall frames. I know not as slick as the dollar store, but I couldnt find it. Anyway, I saw the 2-pack frames for $7.99 that others have claimed, but there is also a 3 pack classics frame on sale Reg $19.99 to Sale price $9.99. There is a coupon in the ad for extra 25% off. I'm not sure if this was a slickdeal or not. I ended up getting the 3 pack for $8 with tax.....(basic $2.50 for each frame)
Anyone found a better deal?
FYI- The album frame is $5 before the coupon.
I hope this helps.
Thanks.

[quote name='The Punisher']So cool.
For anyone that just purchase Bioshock 2 collector edition,
Michael's has a sale this week on wall frames. I know not as slick as the dollar store, but I couldnt find it. Anyway, I saw the 2-pack frames for $7.99 that others have claimed, but there is also a 3 pack classics frame on sale Reg $19.99 to Sale price $9.99. There is a coupon in the ad for extra 25% off. I'm not sure if this was a slickdeal or not. I ended up getting the 3 pack for $8 with tax.....(basic $2.50 for each frame)
Anyone found a better deal?
FYI- The album frame is $5 before the coupon.
I hope this helps.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I think I will pick those up tomorrow to put the Wizard magazine pull out posters that I took out of the frames for the Bioshock ones.

Picked mine up yesterday for the PS3 since the xbox was sold out around here. I reserved it online and picked up the following day. Kid behind the counter tells older drone "Hey we are finally getting rid of this thing." Made me kind of nervous but the whole thing was in mint condition. Out slip-cover was in great shape with the top and bottom seals in place and the inner box was wrapped in that hard-type shrink wrap. I guess they just needed the space ause this thing is big. Overall pretty classy looking set though I don't have a record player to listen to the original score. Probably just download that. Even though I finished it on PC, I will be revisiting Rapture soon enough. Thx OP.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']Picked mine up yesterday for the PS3 since the xbox was sold out around here. I reserved it online and picked up the following day. Kid behind the counter tells older drone "Hey we are finally getting rid of this thing." Made me kind of nervous but the whole thing was in mint condition. Out slip-cover was in great shape with the top and bottom seals in place and the inner box was wrapped in that hard-type shrink wrap. I guess they just needed the space ause this thing is big. Overall pretty classy looking set though I don't have a record player to listen to the original score. Probably just download that. Even though I finished it on PC, I will be revisiting Rapture soon enough. Thx OP.[/QUOTE]

How do you reserve online on Games Stop?

bread's done
Back