Bioshock 2 Limited Edition - $89.92 @ Walmart.com

I won't get it...I won't get it...I won't get IT!!

nah, I'll probably get it, but only if I get lucky and can pick it up off the shelf..

Yeah I'm hoping Amazon will PM. I do little to no business with Walmart when it comes to games.

[quote name='token2k6']I won't get it...I won't get it...I won't get IT!!

nah, I'll probably get it, but only if I get lucky and can pick it up off the shelf..[/QUOTE]

HOLD OUT! Every CE released last year save Demon Souls (small publisher, limited print) and Assassin's Creed 2 (GS exclusive) has taken a pretty decent price cut on Amazon after a few months. This includes MW2, Batman:AA, DJ Hero, etc.

I don't see Bioshock or GOW3 holding at the 100 dollar price point for long.

Depends on how Limited it is and how good the game is. It is, however, available at multiple retailers but the price and assortment of included bonuses may mean it's actually Limited...

[quote name='Thavron']Yeah I'm hoping Amazon will PM. I do little to no business with Walmart when it comes to games.[/QUOTE]

For real. Amazon needs to match this price and the $10 GC. How do we go about getting them to do this?

[quote name='Fatbot3']HOLD OUT! Every CE released last year save Demon Souls (small publisher, limited print) and Assassin's Creed 2 (GS exclusive) has taken a pretty decent price cut on Amazon after a few months. This includes MW2, Batman:AA, DJ Hero, etc.

I don't see Bioshock or GOW3 holding at the 100 dollar price point for long.[/QUOTE]

Well it depends. Most of those were not actually limited prints. I hate when games say "limited edition" and are nothing of the sort. (halo comes to mind). Bioshock went pretty fast though IIRC. I know I ended up getting like the last one in my city, and it was no long after release date, and we have like 10 gamestops in my city lol.

[quote name='Fatbot3']HOLD OUT! Every CE released last year save Demon Souls (small publisher, limited print) and Assassin's Creed 2 (GS exclusive) has taken a pretty decent price cut on Amazon after a few months. This includes MW2, Batman:AA, DJ Hero, etc.

I don't see Bioshock or GOW3 holding at the 100 dollar price point for long.[/QUOTE]

Always a possibility, but you're taking a risk (assuming this is something you really want and not just a price-dependent impulse buy). The game has a pretty rabid fan base, and the previews just in the last day or two have been overwhelmingly positive.

2K also made a point to say that this would really be a limited run, and they have a track record of not blowing smoke in that department. They redid their artbook for the first game and took preorders for a short while. And that was it. No extras were made. Those books are going for $100-250 on Ebay for softcovers. Plus, lots of noise is being made about how they've really raised the bar with the artwork this time, mainly in the underwater sequences.

I'm a fan, but I hate collector's editions. I never buy them. I'd much rather find a nice release date sale price for the basic game and have the option of buying the artbook later. But it's all-or-nothing this time.

Yeah i hope it comes down in price i cant afford that!
1.gif

[quote name='Zippon']Always a possibility, but you're taking a risk (assuming this is something you really want and not just a price-dependent impulse buy). The game has a pretty rabid fan base, and the previews just in the last day or two have been overwhelmingly positive.

2K also made a point to say that this would really be a limited run, and they have a track record of not blowing smoke in that department. They redid their artbook for the first game and took preorders for a short while. And that was it. No extras were made. Those books are going for $100-250 on Ebay for softcovers. Plus, lots of noise is being made about how they've really raised the bar with the artwork this time, mainly in the underwater sequences.

I'm a fan, but I hate collector's editions. I never buy them. I'd much rather find a nice release date sale price for the basic game and have the option of buying the artbook later. But it's all-or-nothing this time.[/QUOTE]

I love LE's but I'm getting tired of the large runs they have had. Second that with multiple retailers carrying it and it's 100 dollar price point, I just don't see this being rare unless 2k says what the actual limited run is.

I may break down and get it because I'm a big fan as well but I sold my Bioshock 1 LE since I didn't care for the packaging or character. I sort of regret it now looking at the ridiculous prices it goes for now though.

I don't know, If I can find some idea of how many are being made I might actually break down and get it myself.

Good deal, ordered with 10% bing cashback and what I had left from the Xbox e-gift card.

Looks like a really nice special edition, I love the artwork from Bioshock. Can't wait.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Thavron']Yeah I'm hoping Amazon will PM. I do little to no business with Walmart when it comes to games.[/QUOTE]

Your prayers have been answered. Looks like Amazon attached a $10 Gift Card (though it looks like it can only be used on Game purchases) to ALL editions of Bioshock 2, on ALL platforms.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Your prayers have been answered. Looks like Amazon attached a $10 Gift Card (though it looks like it can only be used on Game purchases) to ALL editions of Bioshock 2, on ALL platforms.[/QUOTE]
It would be nice if they did that to all the editions of Mass Effect 2.

[quote name='erehwon']It would be nice if they did that to all the editions of Mass Effect 2.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome but to Bioware's/EA's credit you get a hell of an LE for only an extra 10 bucks. If only all LEs were that quality for 70 bucks.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Your prayers have been answered. Looks like Amazon attached a $10 Gift Card (though it looks like it can only be used on Game purchases) to ALL editions of Bioshock 2, on ALL platforms.[/QUOTE]

Can you link to this? I can't seem to find this.

And unfortunately I'm convinced to get this as 2K has said they are only doing a single production run. I imagine it will be around 50,000+ but I could see it being hard to find a few years down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fatbot3']Once you click over to the PS3 or 360 versions of the LE though the 10 dollar credit disappears...[/QUOTE]

Apparently they changed it so now it's only available for ALL STANDARD versions, rather than limited edition :/

Still not bad.

This is what I was waiting for! I only want the regular edition, so this is PERFECT!

Anything that keeps me out of an actual Walmart and gets rid of my Walmart credit is a deal to me ... so thanks OP. Now here's hoping the game meets the hype and doesn't suffer the way some sequels tend to.

im still not even sure what all comes in the LE to make it worth getting. i did get the first one LE and even bought the little sister figure from 2K early last year....but i just aint feeling it with this one. If someone could enlighten me as to what all you get with it?

[quote name='jr8rulz']im still not even sure what all comes in the LE to make it worth getting. i did get the first one LE and even bought the little sister figure from 2K early last year....but i just aint feeling it with this one. If someone could enlighten me as to what all you get with it?[/QUOTE]

apparently some people still think vinyl is hip :lol:

but i agree. The original CE was only $10 more too. This is $40 more so its basically just milking the masses. Personally i'd take 2 $50 games over 1 game and an artbook, poster, and game soundtrack, but thats me. If you're going to make a version that is that much more money i want to see more significant and meaningful product in my boxes.

Its a bit sad too because they clearly cared what fans wanted in the first CE by allowing them to choose. Now they're just blatently taking everyone for a ride. Bet they're making a lot more of these than the first one too. Certainly hasnt sold out yet.

Very tempted with bing cashback... I was going to wait and see which version to get (ps3 vs. 360). I am in the middle of playing the original one in anticipation of this one, I really don't think they'll screw this one up. I love Mr. Bubbles

Well if anyone wants to sell me their vinyl record for $15 or so, shoot me a PM lol
I will hook you up with the money so you'll have more down on a preorder :p

[quote name='qwerty1']
but i agree. The original CE was only $10 more too. This is $40 more so its basically just milking the masses.[/QUOTE]

Strongly disagree. You may not prefer what they are including, but that doesn't mean the contents aren't worth the price.

Based on what I've seen from the fan base, Bioshock's two biggest draws are the atmosphere/art design and the music. So they went that route with the SE. You get the full soundtrack from the first game (on vinyl, much higher quality than the download previously offered) plus the new soundtrack on CD. Then some smaller pieces of art (which I can take or leave). But the artbook is massive. 164 pages, full 8'x11', and hardcover. I have their other books, and they are nice. This one should be gorgeous.

I'm willing to bet you could flip the artbook in six months and get back double what you paid for the whole SE. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

[quote name='Zippon']Strongly disagree. You may not prefer what they are including, but that doesn't mean the contents aren't worth the price.

Based on what I've seen from the fan base, Bioshock's two biggest draws are the atmosphere/art design and the music. So they went that route with the SE. You get the full soundtrack from the first game (on vinyl, much higher quality than the download previously offered) plus the new soundtrack on CD. Then some smaller pieces of art (which I can take or leave). But the artbook is massive. 164 pages, full 8'x11', and hardcover. I have their other books, and they are nice. This one should be gorgeous.

I'm willing to bet you could flip the artbook in six months and get back double what you paid for the whole SE. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.[/QUOTE]

whatever floats your boat bud, but you wont be flipping squat if they've manufactured an endless supply of these things. I've already argued how stupid vinyl is. Its been proven time and time again through DBTs that people end up preferring the digital format because it is indeed the superior. What screws up digital format is poor mastering. They would of been better off putting it all on a CD and leaving it at that. Especially if listening to videogame soundtracks is your "thing". Then you could rip it to your ipod or whatever. But there i go being all logical.

enjoy the bitter taste in your mouth when its half price during black friday 2010 ;).

[quote name='kiribee']I guess I'm gonna have to start looking for deals on record players now...[/QUOTE]

hit your local rummage sales (someone is always trying to sell one) or hit the Goodwill stores

[quote name='qwerty1']... I've already argued how stupid vinyl is.
enjoy the bitter taste in your mouth when its half price during black friday 2010 ;).[/QUOTE]

You're a very special child, aren't you? I happen to prefer digital to vinyl for durability and convenience. At the same time it doesn't bother me that some people prefer it for their collection. And the "half price" bit? Priceless.

Just too damn much still. If I had the option of paying like 15$ more for just the artbook, maybe, but it's the price of two games, compared to amazon stuff atleast, and that's hard for me to swallow when I have little money. But again, the artbook does sound nice....damnit =/

[quote name='qwerty1']whatever floats your boat bud, but you wont be flipping squat if they've manufactured an endless supply of these things. I've already argued how stupid vinyl is. Its been proven time and time again through DBTs that people end up preferring the digital format because it is indeed the superior. What screws up digital format is poor mastering. They would of been better off putting it all on a CD and leaving it at that. Especially if listening to videogame soundtracks is your "thing". Then you could rip it to your ipod or whatever. But there i go being all logical.

enjoy the bitter taste in your mouth when its half price during black friday 2010 ;).[/QUOTE]

Sooo....you're angry and fixated on one of the least important pack-ins, and are ignoring the biggest element of the SE, the art book? Doesn't sound all that logical to me. :roll:

As for them churning out an "endless supply" of these things, where's the proof? 2K has said otherwise. One production run and that's it. And they've been making quite a variety of limited items for their fans (shirts, figurines, lithographs, posters, etc, etc, etc). They haven't "churned out" any of them. Unlike most companies, they put some effort into coming up with new items, so they don't bother milking the older stuff.

And perhaps you missed the fact that the contents of the vinyl were already distributed FOR FREE in digital format. 2K gave those away two years ago. So everyone who wants to listen to it on their iPod already has it. The vinyl is just something fun and in the spirit of the game. The new tracks are all digital and on the CD. Dur.

If I can support a deserving game company and enjoy a high quality artbook for nine months, the SE could sell for $10 next Thanksgiving and it won't bother me a bit.

Tell you what, Mr. Pessimist. Go plug "bioshock mold" into Ebay and look at the closed auctions. $100-250 for a smaller, softcover artbook. Stick that in your logic and smoke it. :booty:

EDIT: Since the success of the game will have a direct impact on sales, it's worth noting that the first two credible reviews have been previewed. PSM3 gave it 93%, and PC Mag 90%. Both state that it tops the original. If the rest of the reviews are like this, I seriously doubt the SE will end up in the bargain bin.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Well if anyone wants to sell me their vinyl record for $15 or so, shoot me a PM lol
I will hook you up with the money so you'll have more down on a preorder :p[/QUOTE]

Same here. If anyone looking to sell off the record from this set, I'm more than happy to pay for it.

Shoot me a PM if you're not planning to keep the record.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Unless the initial run is huge this thing is going to be a hot commodity.[/QUOTE]

Tough call since it's likely to be a bigger seller than the first. 2k has a history of doing very limited quantities of all the Bioshock stuff they have been doing though so I have to admit I'm a little worried it will be rare despite my reservations about ever paying full price for an LE.

well for 90 bucks... and if I can sell the record off to someone for 15ish... i may bite on this... hmm

* im only interested in the artbook and poster things.

HEY OP WHAT A SHITTY DEAL CUZ DID YOU KNOW Mr_Dude65 GOT IT FOR $67 SHIPPED HE IS AMAZING AND I LOVE HIM FIND HIS TOPIC AND SEE HOW AMAZING HE IS

[quote name='qwerty1'] I've already argued how stupid vinyl is. Its been proven time and time again through DBTs that people end up preferring the digital format because it is indeed the superior. What screws up digital format is poor mastering. ;).[/QUOTE]

That's great reasoning, buddy. Not everybody likes the crunchy, digital, over-compressed radio sound of today's pop music like you. A TON of true audiophiles choose vinyl for a reason...

[quote name='Zippon']Sooo....you're angry and fixated on one of the least important pack-ins, and are ignoring the biggest element of the SE, the art book? Doesn't sound all that logical to me. :roll:[/QUOTE]

An artbook doesnt justify a $40 additional cost, not even close. They're incredibly cheap to manufacture, especially since thats largely outsourced to china now as well. I've gotten some very nice hardcovers from amazon recently in the 300pg range, cost is anywhere between $10-$20 and thats with markup.

As i said, it wont be worth squat if they've made an endless amount. The only way it increases in value is if it sells out then people want what they cant have, but that still hasnt happened.

But hey, if its worth it to you, more power to you. But to me $40 additional for what amounts to closet fodder is not worth it. Would of been a nice gesture at $10-$15 more but thats all i could justfy.

[quote name='sgaldis']That's great reasoning, buddy. Not everybody likes the crunchy, digital, over-compressed radio sound of today's pop music like you. A TON of true audiophiles choose vinyl for a reason...[/QUOTE]

Audiophiles go to vinyl because of poor CD mastering including but not limited to the reduction of dynamic range [done intentionally]. It has absolutely nothing to do with the format being inherintly bad. You'll find the vast majority have switched over largely to digital...buddy. :roll:

bread's done
Back