bioshock 2 special edition 69.99 @ BB B&M (YMMV?)

Got one of the last 3 for 360 at the City of Industry BB, the slipcovers of the other two were severely torn. Luckily the one I got was barely damaged by the spider security tag.

I will attempt it. I just hope they don't give me any problems regarding the sale or the coupon code lol. Thanks to everyone for help/advice. It is much appreciated.

[quote name='xblaze23']I will attempt it. I just hope they don't give me any problems regarding the sale or the coupon code lol. Thanks to everyone for help/advice. It is much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

There won't be any problems. It's a standard promo.

My Best Buy had quite a few Xbox 360 SEs and a few PS3 SEs on the floor (wouldn't be surprised if they had more in back since the shelf space for them was full). None of them were spider-wrapped so the boxes were in nearly mint condition. Oddly enough the local Target in the area had them spider wrapped and they REALLY cut into the cases with them.

In addition, the Gamestop 50% bonus trade-in deal gives you $40 total for the game alone with Edge card. If you only want the CE items (or want the PC version), then you'd basically end up paying $10 for them. Although, I think the 50% bonus ended today...and so did the $20 off code.

[quote name='xblaze23']Great to know, I'll try tomorrow at a different BB. Thanks again guys.[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI for you, the $20 off text coupon expired on the 17th

[quote name='mrangrypants']Just an FYI for you, the $20 off text coupon expired on the 17th[/QUOTE]

He was talking about an exchange.

[quote name='Brother Daz']
After checking it looks like there are only Xbox 360 versions in stock at Union Square[/QUOTE]
When I went on the 16th, there were only 2 PS3 versions on the floor and I couldn't find any 360s. Luckily I only wanted PS3 but both were terribly "spider" damaged. I didn't even think to ask if there were more in the back, but I checked out no-problem for $49.99 plus tax. Time to sell off my normal copy.

PS Love the 24 hour Best Buy.

[quote name='Estebon']Well, someone can try it tomorrow right? The sku might still work. Doesn't hurt to try.[/QUOTE]

I'll try it today anyway. I don't even have my card anymore lol so I usually tell them my phone # anyway to bring up my Reward Zone account.

Edit: Posting about my Reward Zone card reminded me to get a replacement. They don't replace them at the store, nor do they send you a replacement unless it's the MasterCard version. You have to log into http://www.bestbuy.com/rewardzone/. Log in, and on the left side you should see "Print Replacement Card". This would be fine and dandy and all if it didn't print a small as hell card.

So I printed it on the color printer at work. I lined up a Dunkin Donuts gift card on top of it and outlined it lightly with pencil. Cut it out so it's the size of a credit card with the Reward Zone in the center. I had some cardboard behind me but that was too thick, so I took a legal pad and traced out the same shape with the Dunkin Donuts gift card and cut that out. I laid the print out on top of it and used shipping tape to carefully tape the 2 together so it's still very clear and scannable. Ghetto rig ftw.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='philmcfly']I'll try it today anyway. I don't even have my card anymore lol so I usually tell them my phone # anyway to bring up my Reward Zone account.

Edit: Posting about my Reward Zone card reminded me to get a replacement. They don't replace them at the store, nor do they send you a replacement unless it's the MasterCard version. You have to log into http://www.bestbuy.com/rewardzone/. Log in, and on the left side you should see "Print Replacement Card". This would be fine and dandy and all if it didn't print a small as hell card.

So I printed it on the color printer at work. I lined up a Dunkin Donuts gift card on top of it and outlined it lightly with pencil. Cut it out so it's the size of a credit card with the Reward Zone in the center. I had some cardboard behind me but that was too thick, so I took a legal pad and traced out the same shape with the Dunkin Donuts gift card and cut that out. I laid the print out on top of it and used shipping tape to carefully tape the 2 together so it's still very clear and scannable. Ghetto rig ftw.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a lot of work, just to buy an item. I usually end up throwing away that piece of paper with the card on it every time.

Used my Gamer Club txt coupon for the regular version. I just didn't see anything in the special edition that made me want to pay $10 more for it.

btw, I tried to use a 10% BB coupon as well, and the system wouldn't take it. I was told that they've changed their system and customers can no longer double dip. I don't know if that was specific to my store or what, but thought I'd share my experience.

the 10% coupon never worked for this promo, i guess it is one package per deal. Bought it on the same transaction w/ SF4 CE, which it took the 10% off that (which was technically a clearance price too), but Bioshock 2 LE stayed at $49.99. The POS thru up their nifty little 'package' brackets separately for the two items..

So I'm back from BB. They had 2 each of the SEs for PS3 & XBox 360 with $69.99 tags under them. PC one was $89.99 if that matters to anyone.

I brought it up to the register, told them the deal, they knew about it but they didn't seem to know it expired. I told them to do 2 separate transactions. Rung up $69.99, told them the SKU and it appeared in the computer as "Text SMS Bio $20 Off" or something similar to that. Apparently when the coupon was still active it came off automatically., but I'm guessing since it expired it didn't.

The computer apparently has to match your Reward Zone number to the coupon code (as if to verify they sent you one). 3 people had to come up to do this for me, but in the end rather than make me wait any longer (I was sitting there for 20 minutes or so), they just took it off. So YMMV if you didn't get the text yourself (it helps to actually have it... but I think it has the expiration on it), and now that it's expired. Also it's supposed to be 1 discount per coupon per Reward Zone card, but I think they just took pity on me.

I have no idea how this works. I signed up for the text notifications today, but I still don't know how they would link it to your Reward Zone account unless the number is on your Reward Zone account is the same as your cell phone (mine isn't).

[quote name='leesiulung']Sounds like a lot of work, just to buy an item. I usually end up throwing away that piece of paper with the card on it every time.[/QUOTE]

I didn't just make this ghetto rigged card for today, I was just tired of giving them my phone number and finally remember to print one out.

So, I just used it, and got LE for $49.99. The SKU actually didn't work, but she called a manager over, glanced at my phone, and then reduced the price for me.

[quote name='donniedroc']So, I just used it, and got LE for $49.99. The SKU actually didn't work, but she called a manager over, glanced at my phone, and then reduced the price for me.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll push my luck and try this. I'll update when I get back. ;)

[quote name='philmcfly']it appeared in the computer as "Text SMS Bio $20 Off" or something similar to that. Apparently when the coupon was still active it came off automatically., but I'm guessing since it expired it didn't.[/QUOTE]

It didn't come off automatically. They had to go through a confirmation screen. (Unless you mean the manager had to apply some sort of override?)

And I used it on multiple copies yesterday (too good to pass up with the $40 trade-in credit at Gamestop). All at the same store, and they didn't mention anything about a limit. A manager even came over when one cashier doubted the price and said, "It's legit. He used it earlier. Go ahead." :D

Oh... oh well... least we got it :).

Someone had to come over and override something... either that or the current cashier just didn't know how to deal with Text Message SKU given by customer coupons.

I bought this day one, so I called th RZ helpdesk and started to complain. She ended up giving me $50 in RZ certs so I didn't have to go to the store. Pretty good deal.
BTW I did this yesterday since the coupon was still active.

Just an update for everyone in the last page: I was successfully able to exchange the ps3 copy for the 360 with no fuss. Thanks again guys.

They have at least 3 of each at 23rd Street and 6th Avenue in case you still want to try the deal in NYC. The 360 copies were fresh from the back room so they're in pristine condition.

Hello fellow CAGers- I have found a way to make this work again! I got mine today for 49.99. I forwarded the text to my wife, but before doing so, I deleted the part that says forward and changed the expiration date to today, took it to the counter and got my reward!- just traded the old copy to GS for 33 and some change, used it to buy God of War 3

[quote name='solidusdeus']Hello fellow CAGers- I have found a way to make this work again! I got mine today for 49.99. I forwarded the text to my wife, but before doing so, I deleted the part that says forward and changed the expiration date to today, took it to the counter and got my reward!- just traded the old copy to GS for 33 and some change, used it to buy God of War 3[/QUOTE]

That also sounds like fraud...

[quote name='solidusdeus']Hello fellow CAGers- I have found a way to make this work again! I got mine today for 49.99. I forwarded the text to my wife, but before doing so, I deleted the part that says forward and changed the expiration date to today, took it to the counter and got my reward!- just traded the old copy to GS for 33 and some change, used it to buy God of War 3[/QUOTE]

That's fraud.

[quote name='solidusdeus']BTW- I forgot to mention, just in case I changed my wife's name in the contacts to 332211- that's BB's reward zone text number- hee hee[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's fraud.

Move this one to the deal graveyard and shame on the poster

It may be fraud, but I kinda liked that idea.

[quote name='philmcfly']So I'm back from BB. They had 2 each of the SEs for PS3 & XBox 360 with $69.99 tags under them. PC one was $89.99 if that matters to anyone.

I brought it up to the register, told them the deal, they knew about it but they didn't seem to know it expired. I told them to do 2 separate transactions. Rung up $69.99, told them the SKU and it appeared in the computer as "Text SMS Bio $20 Off" or something similar to that. Apparently when the coupon was still active it came off automatically., but I'm guessing since it expired it didn't.

The computer apparently has to match your Reward Zone number to the coupon code (as if to verify they sent you one). 3 people had to come up to do this for me, but in the end rather than make me wait any longer (I was sitting there for 20 minutes or so), they just took it off. So YMMV if you didn't get the text yourself (it helps to actually have it... but I think it has the expiration on it), and now that it's expired. Also it's supposed to be 1 discount per coupon per Reward Zone card, but I think they just took pity on me.

I have no idea how this works. I signed up for the text notifications today, but I still don't know how they would link it to your Reward Zone account unless the number is on your Reward Zone account is the same as your cell phone (mine isn't).

I didn't just make this ghetto rigged card for today, I was just tired of giving them my phone number and finally remember to print one out.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you have to sign up to get the deal. I did not sign up to the notifications and it worked fine when I went in on Wednesday. I just gave them my phone number with my reward zone account assigned to it. No manager or anything was needed. I was at the register for about 2 minutes with no issues.

In case anyone is still interested, I got this to work (special edition for $49.99 after $20 discount) with no problems at the Potomac Mills, VA store. I just showed them the text message on my phone. The discount showed immediately on-screen but they did have to get a supervisor to approve. Still, no hassle.

This store still has 3 more copies but they all have "spider damage" to some extent. Mine did too but I took the best of the 4.

FYI, I couldn't get out last week since a family member had medical issues that kept me out of work and at home.

bread's done
Back