BioShock 2: Standard or Special edition?

Nirron

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
"A man chooses," so I'm trying to choose between which edition to get :D. I've been watching the prices for a while, and I think both editions have hit prices on eBay/Amazon/elsewhere that I'm willing to consider buying them.

There's going to be roughly a $25 difference between the standard and special editions, so it basically boils down to this: Do those who purchased the Special Edition feel it would be worth the extra money?

I've watched one or two review videos on Amazon, and it seems like the art book is full of some pretty cool information as well as sketches, but I've also heard that the posters are more like mini-posters. It's somewhat of a stalemate in my mind right now. I'd appreciate any opinions on the SE contents and their value. I'm usually a sucker for any extra editions with some displayable collectibles (posters, artbook) but since quite a few of those are only $10 extra, it's a bit easier for me to justify.

Well, it's a hard question. I got the collectors edition of the first one. I got the collectors edition of Assassin's Creed 2. This time I just decided I didn't have the room for another big box and I didn't have a record player anymore to enjoy the extra LP that came with it.

Does any of that help you?

The Bioshock 2 CE is fantastic. It has 3 mini posters, an awesoem artbook, a CD, and a record. Everything is very well made- including the packaging for everything. For $25 more, I really suggest you get it- you won't be sorry. I have many CE's (Prey, Bioshock 1, Mass Effect, Gears of War 1/2, God of War 3) and this is one of the nicest.

If you are a Bioshock fan, the additional $25 for the bonus material is really a no brainer. Being a huge fan of the Bioshock score, one thing that pushed me over the edge was the thought of this...

How awesome would this
image-11D1_4B83AEB6.jpg
look in something like this?

[quote name='swift900']if you are a bioshock fan, the additional $25 for the bonus material is really a no brainer. Being a huge fan of the bioshock score, one thing that pushed me over the edge was the thought of this...

How awesome would this
image-11d1_4b83aeb6.jpg
look in something like this?[/quote]

that is totally wicked!!!

I was somewhat leaning toward the Special Edition as it is, so the input is appreciated from all you guys.

I also have quite a bit of room left in my house, so I guess if what you mean is that you would've gotten it otherwise, then yeah, I suppose it does help me some. I also do have a record player around the house somewhere, so I guess I could actually get some use out of it (plus that record frame looks awesome swift :applause:)

Thanks as well flame for telling me about the quality. I know there are a lot of, well, half-assed CEs (Arkham Asylum comes to mind) and was wondering how much went into this one. I do have to admit that the box under the slip cover looked pretty darn awesome. I may go ahead and order it tomorrow unless I see a huge influx of posts giving me some good reasons not to do so. I suppose in the worst case I could just try and sell some of the extras on CAG.

bread's done
Back