Bioshock 2 (Xbox 360) for $13.99 - Amazon

not a bad price, but my backlog is so big right now, the game will probably be 5 bucks before I get to playing it.

I LOVED Bioshock, but couldn't get more than ~1:00 into this game. They streamlined the plasmids for the better, but the story was much less interesting, the environments were pretty much the same, your character is slow and clunky as hell, and you're the pussiest Big Daddy that ever existed. In the first game they were tanks, but you're a pushover.

Even if you liked the first game, I would give the demo a shot before taking the plunge.

[quote name='S_DOG34']I LOVED Bioshock, but couldn't get more than ~1:00 into this game. They streamlined the plasmids for the better, but the story was much less interesting, the environments were pretty much the same, your character is slow and clunky as hell, and you're the pussiest Big Daddy that ever existed. In the first game they were tanks, but you're a pushover.

Even if you liked the first game, I would give the demo a shot before taking the plunge.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I "LOVED" Bioshock but I liked the sequel too.

B2 is different namely it's easier than the first game which I played 2 in hard mode as a "Savior" and it felt about as difficult as B1 on medium/normal. I liked the weapons from the first game a little more though the drill charge in part 2 is fun & as you stated the plasmids were streamlined along with the hacking system which was a plus. The two games graphics are basically the same which that didn't excite a lot of gamers because Bioshock 1 released in 2007.

I look at Bioshock 2 as more of an addition to the first and a way to end that chapter of the story. Overall though I thought it was a really fun experience and a worthy Bioshock title. The problem many have with B2 is the first game was so great people expected way more from the 2nd installment but IMO if you like Bioshock 1 then Bioshock 2 is a must play.

i just started the playing the sequel and first thing i notice was the graphics, they are worse than the first one, but the story feels kinda like the same so i think it should be pretty good

It figures that the day I buy it used from BBV for ten bucks, a new copy can be had for a few bucks more. I would have gladly paid Amazon this price for a new copy. Oh well.

Edit - I also loved the first game (and the PC System Shock games that came before it) and played through the second when it first came out. It was definitely a letdown, but I wouldn't say it was a bad or terrible game. For this price, it is worth it.

Just paid 29.99 for the CE at gamestop today. Already played through it on the PC when it first came out. Definitely worth a second play through. Also good to note that the DLC is on sale on xbox this week! Pick up Minerva's den and protector's trials at %50 off. Expires tomorrow.

Well, I guess that 50 cents was enough to push me to bite. I know it will be $10 soon, but I reeeally want to spend some more time in rapture.

[quote name='VaultDweller']i just started the playing the sequel and first thing i notice was the graphics, they are worse than the first one, but the story feels kinda like the same so i think it should be pretty good[/QUOTE]

Worse? Are you kidding me? It uses the exact same engine. It doesn't look worse. Go back and play the first one. If anything, this one is improved with better looking character models and effects.

People like to say that this sequel is worse than the first one when in fact it's much more of the same. If you enjoyed the first bioshock, you will like this one. I literally just started this one on Thursday night and I'm 5 hours in now. It's more of the same, with the same enemies, in much different locations. The museum level alone is one of the best environments I've ever seen in a game.

BioShock 2 is a way better game than 1. Better gameplay, more meaningful story, fun multiplayer. Just my humble O but the thread is going to be filled with people pooh-poohing it so I thought I'd get that in there. :)

IMO Bioshock 2 wasn't as good as the first one. I thought the graphics were roughly the same, perhaps slightly better in 2 than in 1. As far as the story, it felt like the same exact story in the beginning but once you play through some of it, it seems different. It's got cool environments. The choices of
killing or not killing people was way too obvious. The good/bad character stuff is way weaker than in a game like Mass Effect where you might actually want to play through it both ways. In both Bioshock and Bioshock 2, you pretty much ONLY want to be good as the only advantage to being bad is some extra Adam and even that is not necessarily "better" since you can get a teddy bear full of it if you are good. There were three endings, I got the best one and watched the other two on Youtube but I felt there was no reason to play through it and get the other endings. If I were to play through it again, I would just do the good ending again.

If you like Bioshock 1, you'll like Bioshock 2. While Bioshock 2 starts out slow/the same, it actually does get pretty fucking good at the end; I was blown away when
you take on the role of the little sister and you see the "angels". That made the whole game for me.

[quote name='S_DOG34']I LOVED Bioshock, but couldn't get more than ~1:00 into this game. They streamlined the plasmids for the better, but the story was much less interesting, the environments were pretty much the same, your character is slow and clunky as hell, and you're the pussiest Big Daddy that ever existed. In the first game they were tanks, but you're a pushover.

Even if you liked the first game, I would give the demo a shot before taking the plunge.[/QUOTE]

I can understand if people like Bioshock 1 more. (New world, etc.) But "you're the pussiest Big Daddy that ever existed. In the first game they were tanks, but you're a pushover."?? Really? That's what they call challenging gameplay. If you were indestructible, what would be the point of the game. It's not like you're getting killed every 5 secs in the game. (Or you're doing it wrong.)

Bioshock 2 is as good, if not better than Bioshock 1. And really, even if you set your expectations at 75% as good as 1, you're still gonna have a great time. This game is worth it at $14.

[quote name='VaultDweller']i just started the playing the sequel and first thing i notice was the graphics, they are worse than the first one, but the story feels kinda like the same so i think it should be pretty good[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? The graphics in BS2 are great. The story is completely different , even though its worse then the original's.

so, is it likely that this will jump back to 19.99 soon, or is there a chance well see $10 in the next month? i know it is just speculation, but im torn about picking this back up since i got minervas den on sale.

found a gently used copy on ebay for $7 shipped! those inclined but not motivated could take this route....

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anything like dlc or something that comes with the original? If not i will wait and not care if i buy it used if i have to. I just never started the first but heard it is so good of a series.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Is there anything like dlc or something that comes with the original? If not i will wait and not care if i buy it used if i have to. I just never started the first but heard it is so good of a series.[/QUOTE]

No there is no DLC that comes with it (I highly recommend Minerva's Den DLC if you do buy the game)

I would play through the original one first....

[quote name='HornyPony']No there is no DLC that comes with it (I highly recommend Minerva's Den DLC if you do buy the game)

I would play through the original one first....[/QUOTE]

Yeah i been meaning to but i have a 75 or more backlog of games... This site makes it hard to dwindle that list down. I was just on the fence if i should grab the dlc before it expires for the sale. I am shocked it is still up on the marketplace for 50% off. I been holding off just cause like you said i should play the first one first. But then the bargain hunter in me is like well i should save 50% and just buy the 2nd game. :)

bread's done
Back