BIOSHOCK - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='getmyrunon']i didn't read anything you wrote but please spoiler tag from here on out if it was in fact spoiler worthy[/quote]
ya didn't think...my bad..change made, but just to let others know my spoiler doesn't really say anything about the demo, it just says what I thought about my play through on it

downloads still going pretty slow for everyone?

debating whether to dl it now or later (tomorrow morning or in a couple of hours, 2ish)

[quote name='ighosty']ya didn't think...my bad..change made, but just to let others know my spoiler doesn't really say anything about the demo, it just says what I thought about my play through on it[/QUOTE]

*sigh* I'm stuck at 35% on the download...gonna head to bed and hope it finishes in the background overnight.

So how long did the demo last for you? Can you confirm it as the same demo shown from E3 or is it completely new?

[quote name='Sku Rhim']*sigh* I'm stuck at 35% on the download...gonna head to bed and hope it finishes in the background overnight.

So how long did the demo last for you? Can you confirm it as the same demo shown from E3 or is it completely new?[/quote]
I will put the answers in the spoiler since some people might not want to know
on the length of the game it felt like it could last people anywhere from 10 minutes to 20, since there are places where some gamers might want to just check out all the stuff on the wall and on the floor, the demo is different from the e3 demo. It tells you more about the game and how the character came to get there.

Wow - I never run into DL problems - even 1GB+ files barely take a few minutes. My 360 should be back from MS tomorrow night and I'll see how it goes then... I can't wait for this demo!

52 fucking percent. Its trucking along....like a 1 legged dog.

well im gonna camp out next to my 360 tonite. got a pillow and Bf2142 on tha pc. im set.

I'm at 7% right now. It's downloading faster than I thought it would.

Update: It's at 20% now!

Mine FLEW to 25%.. then said I needed more space, even through 2.4 gb is free. Whatever. Canceled it, started over.. stuck at 2%. I hope it finishes before the game comes out in 8 or 9 days.

finally managed to sign in to live, got to 60% while playing Stranglehold Demo, much like some others here, camping beside the 360.

Downloaded and played through it.
It's the same demo that was shown at 2k Games appointments at E3.
Good stuff.

Started my demo around 9 and right now it's going to be 9:30 and I just hit 7%.
At this rate it looks like my download will take forever.

I'm going to go watch Pi and then Raging Bull and hope it's at least at 50% complete when both of those are finished... though I'm not optimistic.

Holly fuck, this game is freakin' intense...I was expecting it to be good but I didn't expect to feel the way I did while playing it...my hear was racing the whole time, the whole experience of uncovering this new underwater world...I'm truly impressed and amazed and the detail and imagination of the developers they have truly done an amazing job...and that ending spoiler...fuck!

[quote name='alexjs2913']about the demo..do you get to meet a Big Daddy?[/quote]
you see a Big Daddy named "Bubbles" pretty close up but you don't get to fight him

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did you guys try hacking any of the flying turrets? I tried to do one but time ran out and it blew up in my face :D[/quote]
yes, i really like the way they did the hacking, seems like it is more fun then other hacking games you have to go through in other games. And yes..the robots do rock when they are on your side :lol:...cool didn't know they had the tv spot up online 2

Oh man, this demo just made Stranglehold it's bitch. Very good demo. A lot creepier than I was expecting, and it has a lot in common with System Shock 2. Can't wait! The framerate seemed pretty good.

Damn, I started downloading this at 9:45PM and it's about to be 12:30AM now and I'm only at 44%. I'm just going to leave this on low power download mode and hopefully it will be done by the time I wake up tomorrow.

I think I'm going to skip the demo because it looks stupid.

^Nah.. I'm joking. I'm getting the game when it comes out and I'm trying not to tarnish the experience of enjoying the actual game. And with the solid reviews and the positive opinion people are giving of the demo, I think it will be worth the wait.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']aww man...i just left my in power save mode...hopefully it doesn't go below 27% when I check up on it later[/QUOTE]

doing same... too lazy to check it and my lack of caring for the title dosn't help.

[quote name='zewone']4 hours later, I'm at 87%.

This is ridiculous.[/quote]

Thats what she said ;)

...but in all seriousness this is one of the slowest downloads from xbl ever!

Jesus...the designers of this game put a lot of work into this.

The atmosphere is Godly.

Also, everyone needs to let the demo sit at the press start screen until the CG video plays. Awesome work.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']stuck around 70% since it became available {=[
\[/quote]
Try canceling it and redownload it again. I've done that since 11:45pm @ 30%, now I'm at 51%

game.
of.
the.
fucking.
year.

The atmosphere, the lighting, the detail.. it even has one of my favorite "staples" of a creepy game - happy music playing in a twisted scenario. I forgot it was a demo when I was playing.

Seriously. GOTF'NY.

Before I play this, does it contain spoilers?

Not really. You get a look at the underground city, they detail little sisters and the big daddy, they explain the adam and eve, they give you a few toys and the ability to hack machines, then it ends.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Before I play this, does it contain spoilers?[/quote]Yes.Yes, it does.

Thanks for tip killer.

[quote name='KiLL3r']Try canceling it and redownload it again. I've done that since 11:45pm @ 30%, now I'm at 51%[/QUOTE]

yeah that's what i've been doing. it looks like it's stuck at 61% but then i hit cancel and re download and it jumps up to 71% . but then it refuses to move up anymore.

bread's done
Back