BIOSHOCK - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Maynard']The demo is amazing but hey we knew it would be.

Scorch will back me up on that. [/quote]

I knew from the second I saw the first teaser pic about a year and a half to two years ago and read that they had done SS2 that it'd be great, but even this exceeded my expectations.

I don't think you need a Gold account to download demos.

Some demos you do. They usually make the more popular demos gold only for a week or so.

I hope the final product isn't so.. linear. I like exploring.

God I didnt go online to much on the weekend so I didnt know about this demo till this morning after I got to work. I cant wait to go home and give it a shot.

Dl'd the demo last night. Wow! Pretty damn awesome! Did expect it to be good, but not this good. fucking creepy as hell! I'll be out an extra $60 this month (on top of my Disneyland vacation!)!

[quote name='Scorch']

Some demos you do. They usually make the more popular demos gold only for a week or so.

I hope the final product isn't so.. linear. I like exploring.[/QUOTE]

So, is this demo gold only?

Wah! Got to 49% last night before I had to go to bed so I shut down my 360. I get up this morning to resume and now I'm back at 33%. Hopefully it finishes before I get the game.

Let see I started downloading the demo around 6 or 7pm Sunday.It finished downloading 7:30am(pacific time)-background download.I took my network(neighbors cable network)around 12 hours to finish downloading.

[quote name='nharmon91']This shit is hot fire[/quote]

Like I said in another thread .. it's hotter than Jessica Alba poll dancing on Mercury. I love the ambience of this .. it's very tense and creepy. Plus I absolutely love the style, vintage ads, and art deco.

[quote name='Halo05']Wah! Got to 49% last night before I had to go to bed so I shut down my 360. I get up this morning to resume and now I'm back at 33%. Hopefully it finishes before I get the game.[/QUOTE]

Go into your system options and enable the "allow downloads to resume after system shutdown and then system shuts down after download completion" option. It's a great feature.

I CAN'T GET OUT OF THE ROOM WITH THE VITA-CHAMBER!!! What the hell do I do here? I can't figure it out!

Theres a lot of rooms with Vita-Chambers chuplayer, can you be more specific?

Anyways, tried the demo out and loved it. I will def' be getting this now day 1, though I still don't know if I should get it PC or 360. Leaning towards 360 due to the fact that my comp will prob. only be able to run it on low/med.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Go into your system options and enable the "allow downloads to resume after system shutdown and then system shuts down after download completion" option. It's a great feature.

I CAN'T GET OUT OF THE ROOM WITH THE VITA-CHAMBER!!! What the hell do I do here? I can't figure it out![/quote]

You mean the room with the first vita chamber? I think if you walk close enough to one door it triggers a splicer to come busting out the other one and you're able to go out the door he comes in.

[quote name='Scorch']I knew from the second I saw the first teaser pic about a year and a half to two years ago and read that they had done SS2 that it'd be great, but even this exceeded my expectations.

I hope the final product isn't so.. linear. I like exploring.[/quote]

If the Shock games are any indication of the games structure linear is not what the game will be.

Do you guys remember seeing something about a System Shock 3 game?

[quote name='nyprimus4']I love how silver members have had it since last night and I've been downloading for 15 hours and I'm at 81%.[/quote]
[quote name='Halo05']Wah! Got to 49% last night before I had to go to bed so I shut down my 360. I get up this morning to resume and now I'm back at 33%. Hopefully it finishes before I get the game.[/quote]
[quote name='seanr1221']Deleted and started again because I was stuck at 1% for almost an hour.[/quote]
[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Left the download on all night. Got up this morning and it was only 75%.[/quote]
Does it usually take long to download demos? I got the whole thing in less than ten minutes :whistle2:s

Bad connections?

Im getting this game but i also want a game callled "The Darkness" that's based of a comic book..

[quote name='Maklershed']You mean the room with the first vita chamber? I think if you walk close enough to one door it triggers a splicer to come busting out the other one and you're able to go out the door he comes in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the first one. I got out of there by simply backtracking through that small tunnel with the burning desk or whatever it was. I didn't get the enemy that comes when you get close enough to a door, though.

I like the concept of the game, but I'm not liking its execution. I hate how you have to activate the other hand before you can use it. Sometimes it activates and uses at the same time, and other times it doesn't. I just know that I've wasted ammo and energy by pulling the trigger twice when I should've just pulled it once. I also don't like the Doom-style never have enough ammo mechanics. I wanted to play a shooter! I swear, I didn't shoot any more than three dozen times! It was more effective to Gordon them to death, too.

I started dl'ing Bioshock and Stranglehold last night shut off my 360 w/ dl in the background thing on. Woke up this morning and the Bioshock Demo AND the Stranglehold demo had dl'ed. love that feature

I absolutely loved the demo. Day 1 purchase for me. My only complaint is the subtitles- in the demo they weren't synced very well with the audio.

For those that have played it: Have there been any moments that make you feel like you've spoiled a key part in the game? Not so much the "damn, that's amazing" moments, but stuff you imagine would be lessened in the retail version since you've already seen it in the demo.

I'm wondering whether to keep my BioShock content block out going and wait for next week for the game to get in.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']For those that have played it: Have there been any moments that make you feel like you've spoiled a key part in the game? Not so much the "damn, that's amazing" moments, but stuff you imagine would be lessened in the retail version since you've already seen it in the demo.[/quote]

Not really, no.

I just listened to the 1up yours podcast and they talk about Bioshock in detail (one of the guys played through the entire thing) and they say it's definitely GOTY worthy and may be the best FPS ever on a console (or something along those lines). I really can't wait to try it out.

So now I think there was a problem with my lower power download last night. When I woke up, the middle power light was consistently on (as opposed to flashing)

Maybe this time it will finish.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Any solid word on it's length? (full version)[/quote]

According to the guys on 1UP Yours, it's about 12 hours if you rush and don't do anything but the main qwest as fast as you can and about 20 hours if you take your time and enjoy everything.

What the fuck happened now?

My xbox turned completely off and I thought "wow, that downloaded fast!"

I turn it on and look at my active downloads, and there's nothing there so I get super excited.

Then I look at my demos section...and...there's nothing there either.

:bomb:

EDIT I just stopped the whole thing. It's not worth killing my system over this. Thanks for dropping the ball on this one MS :roll:

[quote name='seanr1221']What the fuck happened now?

My xbox turned completely off and I thought "wow, that downloaded fast!"

I turn it on and look at my active downloads, and there's nothing there so I get super excited.

Then I look at my demos section...and...there's nothing there either.

:bomb:

EDIT I just stopped the whole thing. It's not worth killing my system over this. Thanks for dropping the ball on this one MS :roll:[/quote]
I had issues downloading on low power as well...have you tried downloading while keeping the X360 on for a while? I know everyone has different experiences but mine downloaded in less than an hour when I left it on, when it was on power save mode it just got stuck at 10%.

BTW: This demo is worth killing your X360, if you can't play this game then why have an X360...yeah its that good!

Yea, I left it on for a little over 3 hours and only got to 13%

I'm going to the beach for 3 days tomorrow anyway, so maybe I'll try thursday night.

Thanks for the advice though. I'm sure you can imagine my frustration with such a highly anticipated game.

I started the DL at 6:30 PST and it was finished by 6:40. I then spent an hour savoring every moment and detail (fantastic voice acting, graphics, good choice of song "La Mer" by Django Reinhart and Stephen Grapelli, Art Deco architecture, Individualist philosophy, Ayn Rand references (the man behind Rapture is named Andrew Ryan--anagram for Ayn Rand sort of)) All in all, this one hour was the best demo I've played since Ico back in 2001. I'm so happy I preordered the LE.

The game's not at all shabby, having completed the demo. A worthy successor to System Shock 2, and that should count as the highest praise.

Not so sure about the "THIS... IS... ART!" histrionics though.

And, thankfully, they should be able to touch on the depravity on Randianism or whatever without getting KotOR2-style preachy.

well this game isn't all that. to me its way over-hyped. its ok but its going to get old really fast with me. sorry to all you bioshock people.

[quote name='MemphisGun']well this game isn't all that. to me its way over-hyped. its ok but its going to get old really fast with me. sorry to all you bioshock people.[/QUOTE]

No reason to be sorry for your opinion. I don't think it's overhyped at all.

[quote name='MemphisGun']well this game isn't all that. to me its way over-hyped. its ok but its going to get old really fast with me. sorry to all you bioshock people.[/QUOTE]

Yea sorry to all of us Bioshock fans. I mean without you liking this game it will be less enjoyable to all of us as well :roll:

This game is going to be sick, I was feeling like it was a wait and buy kind of game , but the demo has me pretty pumped to play the full project.

bread's done
Back