Bioshock Infinite Limited Edition Strategy Guide $22.19 @Amazon!

Even though it's like $.50, I hope they give me credit since I still paid the $22.69 for mine. :\ I think from here on, unless the guide is for an RPG or some game that looks like it'll sell out of fast, I'm going to hold off and buy the LE guides in the future until they come down a little more price at Amazon.

Granted $23 is still cheaper than the retail of $37/$40, but I've noticed some guides go down to almost $15 for the LE after a month or two.

This is going to get me bashed I'm sure but I keep seeing these kinds of threads and I ask myself everytime:

1: People still buy these?
2: People use these?
3: Or people just get them to 'complete the set' with the game?.

I remember 'back in the day' these types of guides being beyond useful (smb3's for instance) But now that youtube, and others exist. These have got to be for collectors only right?.

I'm not trying to start a debate or something, just giving my thoughts. Thanks Op for the post regardless!

[quote name='Meezah']This is going to get me bashed I'm sure but I keep seeing these kinds of threads and I ask myself everytime:

I remember 'back in the day' these types of guides being beyond useful (smb3's for instance) But now that youtube, and others exist. These have got to be for collectors only right?.

I'm not trying to start a debate or something, just giving my thoughts. Thanks Op for the post regardless![/QUOTE]

Some people still do. Nowadays guide publishers will put in a DLC bonus for buying the LE guides (or guides in general). I usually get the LE if I'm already getting the Collector's Edition of the game and I know I'll need to reference something. Plus some games it takes a few days or so before someone uploads a FAQ to GameFAQS. Also, I dunno about others, but if it's a "must play" title for me, then I won't watch someone doing a playthrough on Youtube or live streaming as I want to experience it for myself and not be spoiled on anything.

But that's just me, so to each their own!

I use them occassionally when I'm going back through for trophies and such. I don't like to have to keep scrolling on a computer to find stuff. Still old school, I like books and magazines.

I recently started buying guides again. I got tired of reading poorly written help from people on websites. I find it much easier to get it from a book with pictures that either help as well or are just art from the game.

On the flip side, wikis for games like Fallout or Elder Scrolls are way more helpful because those games can be so overwhelming that a wiki helps me out more.

I just bought the Bioshock Infinite guide and I wanted the key to go along my Songbird statue, Columbia statue and Elizabeth figure.

Heads up guys.

BioShock Infinite guide for $17ish incl. shipping on Amazon via pbshop third party seller. Shipped from the UK though, so it'll most likely take longer, but I'm in no hurry.

Amazon UK has it at a similar price via their 3rd party sellers too. I guess the guide is a lot cheaper over there.

[quote name='Meezah']

I'm not trying to start a debate or something, just giving my thoughts. Thanks Op for the post regardless![/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, guides were extremely useful in the late 90s and early 00's. Now I bring out my iPad, head to YouTube or PS3Trophies and get my fix from those places.

The only guide I've bought in 5 years has been MGR:R just for collection sakes.

Thanks - I'm in for one. For the record, I just like the art work.

Also, owning fancy looking books makes me feel smarter. I also wear glasses with no lenses.

[quote name='Meezah']This is going to get me bashed I'm sure but I keep seeing these kinds of threads and I ask myself everytime:

I actually use em still, more than I used to actually, although it isn't that often. Mostly on games I play in eyefinity, I will kept the page of the map open on my desk, or I like to see the stats of weapons and stuff. For me, it's easier than tabbing and looking up these little details while avoiding spoilers. Even in that case tho, I should prolly just get in the habit of opening maps on my tablet instead. But if I'm not in eyefinity I normally just keep a wikia open instead. Beyond the maps and stat pages tho, I find them pretty useless... lots of times they are just missing info or wrong too. So I mostly get them for collection sakes, for the games I really like.

My 12 year old son has his collection of guides for all his favorite games: halo, gears of war, battlefield, call of duty, bioshock. He reads every word in them and can answer any question you may have, including gun types and caliber of ammunition.

Easy buy with this one...

[quote name='mrbungle']My 12 year old son has his collection of guides for all his favorite games: halo, gears of war, battlefield, call of duty, bioshock. He reads every word in them and can answer any question you may have, including gun types and caliber of ammunition.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='omyard']I wanted the key to go along my Songbird statue, Columbia statue and Elizabeth figure.[/QUOTE]

Two great points/reasons to get this =)

I have a bookshelf full of hardcover guides so when somebody walks into my house and sees all the books I read they think I'm really smart.

Now, are there also full of art and stuff? On the outside the book looks great but are the contents of these things always just walkthroughs? I already beat the game and have no need for the walkthrough but I loved the shit out of the game and would love to have a nice looking book that I could flip through and enjoy.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've just never owned a strategy guide since the N64 days.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Now, are there also full of art and stuff? On the outside the book looks great but are the contents of these things always just walkthroughs? I already beat the game and have no need for the walkthrough but I loved the shit out of the game and would love to have a nice looking book that I could flip through and enjoy.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've just never owned a strategy guide since the N64 days.[/QUOTE]

If you want art get this instead:

http://www.amazon.com/The-BioShock-...4529&sr=8-1&keywords=art+of+bioshock+infinite

I ordered one. Hardcover too :D

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Now, are there also full of art and stuff? On the outside the book looks great but are the contents of these things always just walkthroughs? I already beat the game and have no need for the walkthrough but I loved the shit out of the game and would love to have a nice looking book that I could flip through and enjoy.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've just never owned a strategy guide since the N64 days.[/QUOTE]

I would recommend this over the strategy guide ... I have one on the way, can't speak for the quality of it just yet but I'm hoping it will be great -

71UaDPhte1L._SL1322_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/The-BioShock-...&qid=1364495805&sr=8-4&keywords=bioshock+book

[quote name='mrbungle']My 12 year old son has his collection of guides for all his favorite games: halo, gears of war, battlefield, call of duty, bioshock. He reads every word in them and can answer any question you may have, including gun types and caliber of ammunition.

Easy buy with this one...[/QUOTE]

Not going to lie, that would be a pretty awesome collection to have!! Especially if you get the hardcover/limited edition guides!

Some people like to look at a physical book while they play instead of search though youtube.

I don't normally buy these but if they're on clearance I will usually get them.

bread's done
Back