BioShock Limited Edition Made Official

Walt Jay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
174 (100%)
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/cultofrapture.html

[SIZE=+1]THERE WILL BE A BIOSHOCK LIMITED EDITION![/SIZE]
March 29, 2007
Yesterday around 6 PM, EST, I announced that if we collected 5000 signatures on a petition, I could convince 2K to give us a BioShock Limited Edition.
By 11.15 PM, EST, we had met that number. We're still climbing at 14,000, blowing out all my expectations, and then some.
I think I danced into the office today. And now I'm proud to announce to you that 2K will be making a BioShock Limited Edition for both Xbox 360™ and PC.
Now, to the nitty gritty. There are a bunch of polls and threads popping up asking what should go in the box. We've come this far, why not let you, the fans, make the official choice? So now I ask: What would you like in your BioShock Limited Edition? Vote for your top pick here, and we'll use the winning choices to help us decide what to include.

Don't forget to vote on what you'd like to include in this edition. :bomb:

I'm going for an artbook and soundtrack in a nice case (think Lost Planet CE). I want seperate art on the disc, too.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm going for an artbook and soundtrack in a nice case (think Lost Planet CE). I want seperate art on the disc, too.[/quote]Same, but throw in a Big Daddy figure and I'll be set.

Big Daddy brought the can of whoop ass. 35%. Distant second is the Making of.. DVD at 17%.

Hopefully this figurine is more along the lines of the Assassin's Creed Assassin on Play Asia and not the tiny pewter crap that came with Prey. The Big Daddy is very cool looking and would look great with a McFarlane touch.

I love my VS (mech) toy that came with my Lost Planet CE.

But I also loved my soundtrack. Either one would be a welcome addition.

I think it's interesting how they made it seem like they're doing a collector's edition "because of the fans." One of the AAA titles of 2007 without a LE? I'm sure they had thought about doing it anyways and the petition just seems like good publicity for the company.

Anyhow, it's good news and I'll probably order the LE depending on what is included.

[quote name='OGHowie']I think it's interesting how they made it seem like they're doing a collector's edition "because of the fans."[/QUOTE]

Correct. "We need 5,000 signatures?" please. This was going to happen with or without the petition. They should have just asked what people wanted in the limited edition to begin with.

I would sign a petition to prevent a collector's edition, I've bought one for every game that's had one except R6:Vegas

[quote name='kmartbum001']People are dying to spend an extra $20 for LE. I didn't know there were so many suckers...[/QUOTE]

$20 more? WTF, I thought LE were usually only $10 more?

bread's done
Back