BioWare to develop DS game

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
According to a new article on Gamestop.com BioWare (Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect) has created a handheld group that will develop a game for the DS. According to a job listing on their site it may be a Japanese style RPG.

[quote name='Kaijufan']According to a new article on Gamestop.com BioWare (Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect) has created a handheld group that will develop a game for the DS. According to a job listing on their site it may be a Japanese style RPG.[/QUOTE]

That would be very sweet!

A Japanese style RPG would be the opposite of sweet. What Bioware does best and better than anyone else is make western RPGs. Bring on Baldur's Gate DS and leave the JRPG to Squeenix and Co.

If Bioware's making it I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt based on their track record and say-

HELL YEAH, BRING IT ON!!!!

[quote name='Swingman']Jade Empire DS?[/quote]
I'd even settle for a KOTOR on the DS, but I'm not sure if they'd still be up for that since Obsidian took over part two.

Whatever it is, I have alot of faith in Bioware.

[quote name='dcfox']A Japanese style RPG would be the opposite of sweet. What Bioware does best and better than anyone else is make western RPGs. Bring on Baldur's Gate DS and leave the JRPG to Squeenix and Co.[/QUOTE]

Bioware dosen't have the rights to the D&D license anymore I think... same with the Star Wars license.

Expect a new, original OP from them, or something that is already theirs, like Jade Empire.

Bioware dosen't have the rights to the D&D license anymore I think... same with the Star Wars license.

Expect a new, original OP from them, or something that is already theirs, like Jade Empire.

Yeah, Bioware lost their license for D&D rules as well as Star Wars. Still, they're coming out with Neverwinter Nights 2 so we'll see what they'll do. I really liked Jade Empire even though the gameplay was shallow. I always felt it was underrated.

Awesome.

Now we can get pretentious RPGs from a country other than Japan.

OBJECTION! We've had those for a long time.

[quote name='espy605']Still, they're coming out with Neverwinter Nights 2 ... [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hunter and friends'] ... Obsidian took over part two. [/quote]

WildWop, why did you truncate Hunter's quote? I'm pretty sure he was refering to KOTOR, not Neverwinter Nights 2.

I'd even settle for a KOTOR on the DS, but I'm not sure if they'd still be up for that since Obsidian took over part two.

That being said, I did look up the official site and it does look like Obsidian is developing NN2. I wonder why that happened.

bread's done
Back