Birthday present suggestions...

Wlogan31

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
This is pretty pathetic, but I need help thinking of something to ask for on my B-day from my family and my girlfriend. They will each spend ~$100 and both generally tend to stray away from buying me videogame related items as b-day gifts.

The problem has become that I have most of the items I want/need (Ipod, etc) and that I work A LOT (at least 50 hours a week and somewhere between 60 and 70 for at least 3 months out of the year).

So, CAGs, any suggestions? I'm open to most any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Rocko']...Gift card?[/quote]

Hmm - that might work for my parents, but I know it won't fly for my g/f...

Well, if she doesn't want to buy you video-game related items, what are your other hobbies? It's sort of tough to give suggestions with nothing to base it on.

I like electronics in general, sports, and gaming...

Any interesting electronics out there these days I might have missed?

If you're in a big city, tickets to a game of your favorite sport? One of those expensive authentic jerseys? Sports cards?

Well I just get video games and money (actually tomorrow is my birthday and we did all the stuff today).

If your gf doesn't want to get you video games and you have everything else you need and want and she doesn't want to give you money or gift cards then, well...I guess you should tell her to save her money? :p

I mean if there's nothing you want should you really be trying to find something that you don't want anyway just so that they have something to buy you?

[quote name='SpazX']Well I just get video games and money (actually tomorrow is my birthday and we did all the stuff today).

If your gf doesn't want to get you video games and you have everything else you need and want and she doesn't want to give you money or gift cards then, well...I guess you should tell her to save her money? :p

I mean if there's nothing you want should you really be trying to find something that you don't want anyway just so that they have something to buy you?[/quote]

She loves games - she just feels it is a cop-out to get it for me on my b-day as she knows I could find stuff cheaper. Also, I did tell her to get me nothing, but that didn't go over too well :)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Movies, CDs, Books - anything you like in those three fields. Clothes...power tools.....car items....etc.[/quote]

Hmmm - movies is a good idea...

[quote name='Wlogan31']Hmm - that might work for my parents, but I know it won't fly for my g/f...[/quote]

Sexual relations in a cheap motel? ;) I hear chocolate whipped cream is delicious...

I'd maybe ask for a few TV show box sets from the girlfriend. Things that you might want but are a bit overpriced for impulse buys.

I recommend The Wire. You could get all four released season sets in one shot. It's very much worth it. Plus the HD consideration is a bit nullified since the show was shot in 4:3 SD. It probably won't ever get an HD treatment release.

Giftcard from parents. I would even say one of them Visa gift cards. They are a good time \\:D/

I'm like you, I have too many things that there's really nothing else to want to ask for. For example, I have a Zune, an iPod Shuffle, and an iPod nano :lol: so yeah...
I would say just let your GF surprise you. I mean it looks like you don't really have a specific want for anything..so maybe if you get surprised with something, you may enjoy it more. It's early, so if I'm not making any sense I apologize :dunce:

If you can find a local gym in your area, I recommend a rock climbing membership. Though try it once or twice to see if it's for you.

Rock Climbing = Awesome.

~HotShotX

bread's done
Back