BitTorrent client of choice?

Koggit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well, with the new PC up and running there are quite a few programs I need to obtain, which puts me in need of a torrent client. I used Azureus before but I wasn't a big fan of it, I got a lot of UPnP errors.

What client do you use? Also, what operating system are you using?

Definitely µTorrent. It's got a ton of options and is fast and lightweight, especially compared to Azureus. I use it on my XP box.

[quote name='metaly']Definitely µTorrent. It's got a ton of options and is fast and lightweight, especially compared to Azureus. I use it on my XP box.[/quote]
I second that. µTorrent works great.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I second that. µTorrent works great.[/QUOTE]

µTorrent here too.

compared to Azureus, µTorrent takes way less processing power.

Another vote for uTorrent. Lightweight, easy to use, efficient, etc. Running on XP as I write this.

AFAIK, it doesn't run on *nix systems without emulation. Anyone found a comparable *nix client?

µTorrent µTorrent µTorrent µTorrent µTorrent µTorrent µTorrent µTorrent µTorrent µTorrent µTorrent

After reading this thread, I made the switch from Azureus (with that horrible new Vuze crap) to utorrent, but what's the deal with PG2 blocking utorrent?

I'm not too sure how that plays into things, any ideas?

I use uTorrent, it is light, portable, and feature rich.

I use to use Azureus which is a bit hungry, probably has the most features, runs off of java, and gives you the most control over your downloads.

There are a few things lacking in utorrent that azureus has but azureus has some rather big negatives that I couldn't deal with any more.

I love to watch µTorrent use like 100kb's of my CPU to run things sometimes.

It's too bad that Comcast will slow my connection at times, I hate them

[quote name='linkpwns']Jeeze, i need to try Utorrent I guess. I'm using Azureus[/QUOTE]

Yea you do. Azureus is such a memory hog, and for no good reason at all.

I use µTorrent too. I think if you are on a Windows machine thats what you should be using.

I use BitTyrant. Azureus is a hog because its written in Java, you can't write Hello World in Java without using 500MB in memory.

i've been using Azureus and been happy with it so far. Prolly jump ship to Utorrent since many people recommend it and less of a memory hog

I used to use Azureus but then something got messed up with the updating so I switched to uTorrent and I like it better.

I used to use Azureus, then it suddenly stopped loading .torrent files. Instead of reintalling I just tried µTorrent, and haven't looked back since.

µTorrent webUI alone was worth the download.

Another for uTorrent. It's fast, easy to use, no installation, and takes up almost no resources.

I can't believe some people still use Azureus or Bit Comet. Azureus isn't too bad I guess but Big Comet is horrible...

[quote name='ZerotypeX']what's PG2?[/QUOTE]

PeerGuardian2.

Does Utorrent let you preview what it is your wonloading before you download it? Like say I was downloading some olf G.I joe cartoons would I be able to preview it to make sure that is what I am downloading?

[quote name='Dragon_Master']Does Utorrent let you preview what it is your wonloading before you download it? Like say I was downloading some olf G.I joe cartoons would I be able to preview it to make sure that is what I am downloading?[/quote]

I dont think so, but when you start the torrent you can give the sample.avi the highest priority so you check out the sample before you d/l the whole thing.

[quote name='Vinny']

I can't believe some people still use Azureus or Bit Comet. Azureus isn't too bad I guess but Big Comet is horrible...

[/quote]

What's so horrible about Bit Comet?

After a few tweaks, I've been very happy with this program.

utorrent is pretty good, I tried to make the switch last month, but I'm so used to the BC interface now. :cry:

Any of you have problems with utorrent or bitcomet taking up way too much bandwidth? I tried both but couldn't even connect to a website - I switched back to Azureus with no problem.

I've fooled around wit hthe maximum connections allowed too, but didn't fix it.

Make sure your connection can handle whatever you have set as the upload limit. Are your uTorrent/BitComet upload settings higher than you had allowed in Azureus?

Question: I used uTorrent for the longest time, but just the other day I tried out Azureus and found that my torrent speeds are about 5 times as fast using it. I studied my uTorrent more carefully and realized that my download speed never seems to go above 30 kb/s. Any ideas?

[quote name='Duke Vandal']Question: I used uTorrent for the longest time, but just the other day I tried out Azureus and found that my torrent speeds are about 5 times as fast using it. I studied my uTorrent more carefully and realized that my download speed never seems to go above 30 kb/s. Any ideas?[/quote]

Do you do port forwarding for torrents?

EDIT: Like via router or any firewalls that are installed on your computer. I would assume anti-virus and parental program crap out block it out completely, but I'm unsure as I don't deal with those types of programs.

[quote name='Serik']Another vote for uTorrent. Lightweight, easy to use, efficient, etc. Running on XP as I write this.

AFAIK, it doesn't run on *nix systems without emulation. Anyone found a comparable *nix client?[/QUOTE]
For Linux, try Deluge. http://deluge-torrent.org/

Otherwise KTorrent is pretty solid.

bread's done
Back