Black and White movies burn LED TVs

thebarrett86

CAG Veteran
although this could be completely unfounded and false i heard that black and white movies can burn LED TVs faster than color films.

IS THIS TRUE?

ever sense i heard this i have been afraid to play some of my all time favorite black and whites on my 16x9 LED. have i been depriving myself of "Raging Bull" and "Clerks" for no good reason?

[quote name='magiic']the fuck is an LED tv does OP mean LCD?[/QUOTE]

I assume so.

And no, black and white movies won't hurt an LCD TV.

[quote name='magiic']the fuck is an LED tv does OP mean LCD?[/quote]

there are new LED DLP televisions. but because it's DLP, there are no burn-in issues. but as far as i know, and i could be wrong, burn-in is the result of static images remaining on-screen for hours and hours, yes? like a ticker on CNN/ESPN or a scoreboard on some never-ending quadruple-OT basketball game. so black-and-white would be no more prone to burn-in than color.

guess we'll have to wait until the OP clarifies about the whole LCD/LED thing though.

I'm so glad I passed on that LED TV I was looking at the other day...whew.

The damn thing could have went up in a blazing inferno during my favorite episode of I Love Lucy. Those bastards at Best Buy should have at least warned me.

I don't know about LED tv's, however, i have read in a few articles that say black and white movies help reduce/remove screen burn on plasma televisions. 15 - 30 minutes of a black and white movie could remove screen burn. Now, i can't confirm this because i have only read it.

-joseph

just some clarfication that might be useful to you all...

since i work in the electronics industry, i can say that DLPs will have absolutely zero burn in.... and ive honestly never heard of B&W films causing damage to any DLPS, lamp based or LED based....

As far as screen burn-in... you'll only find that on plasmas...
LCDs (not LED DLPs) on the otherhand can have "image retention" which is similar but not identical to Screen Burn In on a plasma....

hope this helps!

edit: i'll be purchasing a 50" LED DLP within the next week or so... cant wait to watch me some Sin City!!!!

[quote name='chodax']Using wifi also gives you brain cancer so they say[/QUOTE]

and playing with the wireless controller on your lap gives you testicular cancer...

re the led tv: there has to something seriously wrong with that picture (no pun intended); although this kid said that using the camera with his 360 f'd up his rear projection lcd (for some odd reason.)

i have a dlp, my friend has a plasma and rear projection lcd - absolutely no problems to date.

good place to do some research instead of reading rumors and assumptions: http://www.avforums.com/index.php

[quote name='nativetongue88']i heard the cheese from cheese chips causes your fingers to fall off.[/QUOTE]
!!! (thinks to self: wash hands before bed!)

[quote name='minos1067']and playing with the wireless controller on your lap gives you testicular cancer...

[/quote]

Uh-oh.... I thought maybe my extreme potency caused my body to grow a third, kind of like an extra storage silo in C&C. Better have that checked out.

[quote name='tool80']
edit: i'll be purchasing a 50" LED DLP within the next week or so... cant wait to watch me some Sin City!!!![/QUOTE]

wtf is an led tv? You guys mean a LCD. They have no burn in.

[quote name='life.exe']So by the time I die I will have Testicluar & Brain Cancer and my fingers will fallen off.....interesting.[/quote]

Don't forget blind with hairy palms

[quote name='Graystone']wtf is an led tv? You guys mean a LCD. They have no burn in.[/QUOTE]

There are LED TVs -- http://www.cnet.com/4831-11405_1-6413134.html

But, as far as I know, there are no burn-in issues what-so-ever, so I assume the OP meant LCD. However, since Tool specified he's buying an LED DLP, I'm sure he does actually mean LED.

[quote name='Graystone']wtf is an led tv? You guys mean a LCD. They have no burn in.[/QUOTE]

I think the 3 or 4 posts explaining what an LED TV is just flew over your head.

bread's done
Back