Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I've ever seen PS+ at 50% off unless it was a price mistake. I think $39 is the lowest it has ever really been recently. Xbox Live however is the biggest joke of them all. I've never paid even close to full price; more like 95% off for years now.
Was Black Friday 2013 its been awhile trust me I maxed out my Xbox live and got about 5 years worth of PS+

Love when it works out all the things you want have the best deals at one store.

God of War ($10)

Yooka Laylee ($20)

Ni No Kuni: WWW ($25)

Spiderman GOY ($15)

$70 total for that stuff is wonderful :)

Good on you guys for taking up the mantle of making a spreadsheet. ;) I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour.

I am bowing out this year. I have too much to do this year to tirelessly squint at low resolution images.

Love when it works out all the things you want have the best deals at one store.

God of War ($10)

Yooka Laylee ($20)

Spiderman GOY ($15)

GOW and Spiderman are two of the best games this generation and a steal at $10 and $15. The only thing that makes this years BF sales lame is that most of us already have these games! I'm in for Ni No Kuni on Switch though, I think that's the cheapest its been and playing that on the go sounds like a dream.

I was hoping the Xbox One S would be hitting $149 this season. It was $189 last year so I assumed $149 was the next stop on its way to $99.

Oh well, guess I'm waiting it out one more year.

I was hoping the Xbox One S would be hitting $149 this season. It was $189 last year so I assumed $149 was the next stop on its way to $99.

They wouldn't move through any All Digitals if the one with the disc drive was the same price...

The all digital version is $149 at Walmart bundled with Fortnite, Sea of Thieves, and Minecraft. If you don't want a disc drive version that's a decent deal. Personally I'd pass on it just because of backwards compatibility being limited to digital purchases.

The all digital version is $149 at Walmart bundled with Fortnite, Sea of Thieves, and Minecraft. If you don't want a disc drive version that's a decent deal. Personally I'd pass on it just because of backwards compatibility being limited to digital purchases.
Not only that but the XB1S as a replacement for my current Blu-Ray player is very appealing.

Beyond that bundle lacking a disc drive, Fortnite is a free game and I already have Minecraft for my Wii U, so it's really just Sea of Thieves, and while I'd like to play Sea of Thieves, it's not something I'd want in a console bundle.

For the people asking about Outer Worlds, it's on Xbox games pass for PC and Xbox. If you haven't subbed before, think you can currently get 3 months for $1. 

As a new Switch owner, does anyone recommend Super Mario Party for $30 (Walmart)? I'd only be playing it for the local co-op with 2 of my siblings. Still not sure if I should grab it or if it gets boring after a while. Also not sure about the variety of games and how that would work for 3 people.

Does anyone have it that can provide their input?

For the people asking about Outer Worlds, it's on Xbox games pass for PC and Xbox. If you haven't subbed before, think you can currently get 3 months for $1.
I think a lot of people asking are looking for it on PS4... XB1 owners already know how fantastic a deal GP is compared to buying a game like Outer Worlds separately. But if anyone hasn't subbed, the current deal of 3 months for $1 is a no-brainer!

I think a lot of people asking are looking for it on PS4... XB1 owners already know how fantastic a deal GP is compared to buying a game like Outer Worlds separately. But if anyone hasn't subbed, the current deal of 3 months for $1 is a no-brainer!
After the recent X019 presentation. Even for someone with a physical copies in my backlog. I still was amazed at what was offered for display today.

As a new Switch owner, does anyone recommend Super Mario Party for $30 (Walmart)? I'd only be playing it for the local co-op with 2 of my siblings. Still not sure if I should grab it or if it gets boring after a while. Also not sure about the variety of games and how that would work for 3 people.

It’s a much better game then any of the other recent entries in that series. There’s only four unique boards though. Couch co-op is the only reason to play any of these games I’d say, so unless you really will get siblings to play, I’d probably pass.

Good on you guys for taking up the mantle of making a spreadsheet. ;) I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour.

I am bowing out this year. I have too much to do this year to tirelessly squint at low resolution images.
Awww. You always made the best one.

Disappointed we havent seen any real discounts for Greedfall or Sinking City. Thought both wouldve been $20 or less.
Both are small studio games, we’re lucky they’re on sale at all. $30 at BB is better than the msrp I paid when it released. Sinking City just came out and is also on sale. People need to be realistic that games that just came out (on Switch for SC ... it’s been out since June elsewhere I guess) in the last 3-6 months probably aren’t going to be $15 anywhere.

God of War ($10)

Yooka Laylee ($20)

Spiderman GOY ($15)

Where are you looking at? I only saw God of War for $15 at Walmart.

Note to self: Walmart really dropped the ball on Black Friday! BUT I'm gonna wait out in the freezin PA weather for that $150 4K HDR 10 TV. That's a hot one!

One neat little surprise, I dunno if anyone else saw it - WalMart appears to have the steelbook of Spider-Man: Far From Home included in their $7.96 4K deals.  If you click the ad on their site, it shows all the titles to be included, and it's in there - albeit only available from a third-party seller right now.  So let's see if that's a mistake, or a nice bonus.

But why would people get the game on PS4 when Microsoft bought Obsidian, meaning any sequels will be locked down on Xbox? Unless they don’t have an Xbox, of course...

Game Pass is cool for those who like it, but I prefer physical media.

But why would people get the game on PS4 when Microsoft bought Obsidian, meaning any sequels will be locked down on Xbox? Unless they don’t have an Xbox, of course...

Game Pass is cool for those who like it, but I prefer physical media.
I got Outer Worlds on PS4 for a few reasons. One being that I prefer physical games and two I only have a standard Xbox One and don't care to play anything on it at this point. Game Pass is great, but since I don't play my Xbox currently I don't have an active account, but I may take advantage and renew my account for 3 months since it's $1. Mostly waiting for next-gen to get back into the Xbox eco-system though, I feel like buying a One X at this point is a waste of money since I have two PS4 Pros already.

That's some puzzling logic right there. Might as well ask why buy Final Fantasy 9 on the ps1 when the sequel is going to be on ps2? 2 totally different games, just like Outer worlds and it's possible sequel.

I got Outer Worlds on PS4 for a few reasons. One being that I prefer physical games and two I only have a standard Xbox One and don't care to play anything on it at this point. Game Pass is great, but since I don't play my Xbox currently I don't have an active account, but I may take advantage and renew my account for 3 months since it's $1. Mostly waiting for next-gen to get back into the Xbox eco-system though, I feel like buying a One X at this point is a waste of money since I have two PS4 Pros already.
I only have a Standard Xbox One as well. I probably haven’t been on it in like 2 years (the PS4 seems to take up the majority of my play-time; currently playing Death Stranding), but I still plan on getting The Outer Worlds physically for it.

Yeah; you’re probably better off just waiting for Scarlett. I’m happy to hear backwards compatibility will continue to be supported from all previous Xbox systems.

I keep forgetting The Outer Worlds is also getting a Switch version at some point!

I only have a Standard Xbox One as well. I probably haven’t been on it in like 2 years (the PS4 seems to take up the majority of my play-time; currently playing Death Stranding), but I still plan on getting The Outer Worlds physically for it.

Yeah; you’re probably better off just waiting for Scarlett. I’m happy to hear backwards compatibility will continue to be supported from all previous Xbox systems.

I keep forgetting The Outer Worlds is also getting a Switch version at some point!
Game runs rough on Xbox one X sometimes how the hell is it going to run on switch?

That's some puzzling logic right there. Might as well ask why buy Final Fantasy 9 on the ps1 when the sequel is going to be on ps2? 2 totally different games, just like Outer worlds and it's possible sequel.
Those games aren’t sequels. They’re unrelated to each other, except for X-2 and 13-2 and 13-3.

Those games were still PlayStation exclusives at the time though, regardless if on 1 or 2.

Probably like The Witcher runs....at 480P.
The visuals are a huge part of the game. I love my Switch but visually demanding games aren't really my thing on that platform. To each their own though. It's a great game so the more people that play it the better. More choices are always nice.

The visuals are a huge part of the game. I love my Switch but visually demanding games aren't really my thing on that platform. To each their own though. It's a great game so the more people that play it the better. More choices are always nice.
Oh don’t get me wrong; I love my Switch and the portability factor it provides, and I totally agree with you that it just opens it up to more people being able to play it, regardless of the resolution.

However, if they also have a PS4, Xbox, or a PC, it would be in their best interest to play it there. That one’s in my backlog, but I’ll probably end up playing it on PS4.

Those games aren’t sequels. They’re unrelated to each other, except for X-2 and 13-2 and 13-3.

Those games were still PlayStation exclusives at the time though, regardless if on 1 or 2.
So what the heck difference does it make if someone wants Outer worlds for ps4? Who cares if the sequel might be exclusive to Scarlett in a couple years?

I think for $30 it's a must buy as long as you have a person or two to play with regularly. I play with my 8 yo every week or two for a couple of hours. The mini games are just as fun with 2 or 3 people in my opinion.

So what the heck difference does it make if someone wants Outer worlds for ps4? Who cares if the sequel might be exclusive to Scarlett in a couple years?
Well, to me, it doesn’t really make sense to buy a game for a system that won’t be receiving any of the sequels going forward.

If I know Microsoft has bought the company, then I am going to support that version of the game, because the future of the franchise will be on Xbox. Not “might be”; it will be.

I don’t care what people do, and clearly you’re deeply offended by this, but to me it just doesn’t make sense to buy this game on any system other than Xbox.

Can anyone point me in the direction of Sekiro for XB1?

Ive looked through multiple ads and the excel spreadsheet but only see it for PS4. Not sure if I am missing it or if its just not going to be on sale.

I bought the $200 bundle last year and I've barely touched it. It's cool, but it is noticeably low res.
Are you playing on a Pro or regular PS4? Also the fidelity can vary greatly between titles. Some look super sharp and some are unplayably blurry or low res. I've had my PSVR for several years now, and while I don't break it out a ton, I think $200 for that bundle is an awesome value for anyone wanting to graduate from mobile/Oculus Go into mainstream VR.

The wife and I didn't care for it as much as Mario Party 10, but it's still a fine game and I'd say $30 is a perfect price.

As I have gotten older, I get more excitement from saving money on games I may never play than actually playing the game itself.  My kids love the library of Switch games I have and constantly ask to borrow them, so there is that.

Right now I am waiting for Jedi: Fallen Order to come in the mail.  I am hoping I can play it on Steam but may just stick with Origin as I got one for $36 from Target and the other for $48 from BB with a $10 cert.  I plan on keeping one and taking the other back to BB.

best deal on a vr bundle ? and if you played it is it worth the price?
I bought the Blood and truth bundle a few months ago so I could experience No Man’s Sky in VR.

1) The resolution varies from game to game but will always be low res compared to your 4k tv.

2) You can sit or stand, but I prefer standing since you can look behind you

3) some games are played best with the controller and some games really benefit from the move controllers

4) Mr. Lonely has a post rating a bunch of VR games that is worrh a look

My thoughts on some games:

1) No Mans Sky - awesome with move controllers and do not want to play on tv regardless of resolution difference

2) Until Dawn Rush of Blood - great arcade lightgun action with move controllers sitting or standing

3) RE 7 - controller based, really immersive, feels unique compared to traditional tv

4) Astro Bot - controller based 3d platformer that is pure fun and shouldn’t be missed

5) Pinball FX - neato to play pinball in a virtual space

Have not tried ,but purchased, Blood and Truth, Gt Sport, Superhot, driveclub, and everybodys golf.

I have no regrets with my purchase.

The main reason I like the Gamestop ads is they usually offer some discounts on niche games, which generally aren't on sale elsewhere. I bought most of my niche games this year though and will only bite if they offer something like $20 off The Alliance Alive or something.

bread's done
Back