Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Why was commenting turned off (for the google sheet)? I honestly think that having a reminder of our Red Card discounts is slightly useful.

Also, I got a red card debit today, you get a $25 off $100 coupon. It works online and expires at the end of the year. Really gives target a leg up!

Edit: It excludes Nintendo Hardware and Switch Games, PS4 Hardware, and Xbox One Hardware. I got my card in about one week's time. So If you want it, act fast!

Why was commenting turned off (for the google sheet)? I honestly think that having a reminder of our Red Card discounts is slightly useful.

Also, I got a red card debit today, you get a $25 off $100 coupon. It works online and expires at the end of the year. Really gives target a leg up!

Edit: It excludes Nintendo Hardware and Switch Games, PS4 Hardware, and Xbox One Hardware. I got my card in about one week's time. So If you want it, act fast!
Do they require you to keep a minimum account on the debit card account?

Some of the standout titles I've played so far are Astro Bot, Moss, Blood & Truth and Trover Saves the Universe. Unfortunately I haven't added a lot to it lately because VR sales have been fucking shit this year. I think Concrete Genie for $20 at Best Buy is the only one I'm eyeing, though I hope it falls even lower digitally on PSN. Golem just came out today and I've been hearing good things about that for awhile (which means I'll probably get to play it sometime next year).
Concrete Genie is fantastic and I can't recommend it enough but the VR mode is not the selling point. It's completely separate from the main game and worth spending maybe 15 minutes on.

Do they require you to keep a minimum account on the debit card account?
No, you just have to have an active bank account in good standing. Which means, there is at least a positive balance in there. My only problem with Red Card, is they can take up to a week to remove the money in your account. Artificially inflating the amount of money that you think that you have to spend, unless you stay on top of it.

And, when I'm talking about a version of the SAD Xbox One for $300 if it had X innards in it. I meant as a Black Friday price. Since this is a Black Friday thread after all. I would expect that to normally retail at $400 if it existed.

It's removing the option to resell your physical games you would buy, and locking you into digital "I'm the same fucking price as physical when I should be cheaper" games. I think it should be cheaper. It's also one of the reasons stadia is going to flop.
Couldn't agree more. I get that some people prefer digital for the convenience, but love physical for the flexibility to either trade in or sell once you're done with it. The $$ I've made getting rid of completed games has paid for most of my current library. Only downside is I have such a backlog that the value of many of my games has gone down while waiting to play.

Surely the digital-only gaming world is in the future but we're not quite there yet.

But I can finally play it on the go! Or while my wife watches tv! /s
I really think that's how most of these people think lol. And it's sad because you really are better off buying a console to play the games how they're meant to be played and save $300 and buy a 3ds or whatever instead if you need that fix.

Couldn't agree more. I get that some people prefer digital for the convenience, but love physical for the flexibility to either trade in or sell once you're done with it. The $$ I've made getting rid of completed games has paid for most of my current library. Only downside is I have such a backlog that the value of many of my games has gone down while waiting to play.

Surely the digital-only gaming world is in the future but we're not quite there yet.
I don't want it to go all digital. They don't include big enough hard drives with consoles and digital is rarely cheaper and is usually the same price or more expensive. I finally bought an external HD for my one X and went over Comcast's arbitrary data cap for October while downloading some of my deals with gold digital games. The storage that comes with the consoles fits like 7 red dead redemption 2's when you include their day one patches and required full installs.

The entire point of digital was supposed to be cheaper and more convenient. They were cutting out packaging and distribution, but they never lowered the price, they got greedy. At least with a physical game I can still resell it, even if GameStop doesn't give me much it's still something. I've been saving money with Walmart actually offering some games for $10 less on physical copies. If they want us to go all digital they need to allow us to resell the games. I'm not getting in on the bs you don't own the game wave. I paid for the game, I don't care what your license or user agreement says.

I know i am probably late on this ...but is that Gamestop Black Friday ad a F'ing Joke!?

Not one game is on sale everything is retail price!

I know i am probably late on this ...but is that Gamestop Black Friday ad a F'ing Joke!?

Gamestop Black Friday ad is not out yet. Not sure what ad you are looking at.

Edit: Never mind found the ad I think you are talking about in the first post of this thread. That just look like the holiday gift guide, that is not the actual Black Friday ad.

Gamestop Black Friday ad is not out yet. Not sure what ad you are looking at.

Edit: Never mind found the ad I think you are talking about in the first post of this thread. That just look like the holiday gift guide, that is not the actual Black Friday ad.
Oh ok lol...I was worried. I wonder when they will finally release their ad.

If anyone is interested, I zipped and uploaded 54 store bf ad scan pdf files for you to download.  Thank you for those that originally uploaded the ad scans.

I don't want it to go all digital. They don't include big enough hard drives with consoles and digital is rarely cheaper and is usually the same price or more expensive. I finally bought an external HD for my one X and went over Comcast's arbitrary data cap for October while downloading some of my deals with gold digital games. The storage that comes with the consoles fits like 7 red dead redemption 2's when you include their day one patches and required full installs.

The entire point of digital was supposed to be cheaper and more convenient. They were cutting out packaging and distribution, but they never lowered the price, they got greedy. At least with a physical game I can still resell it, even if GameStop doesn't give me much it's still something. I've been saving money with Walmart actually offering some games for $10 less on physical copies. If they want us to go all digital they need to allow us to resell the games. I'm not getting in on the bs you don't own the game wave. I paid for the game, I don't care what your license or user agreement says.
Surely console makers would love to sell digital cheaper then physical but stores just aren't going to go for that. Not to mention that so many people already say that $60 is too much for a new game when its technically less then they used to cost based on inflation.

I have looked through a lot of the ad's anyone recommend a good external SSD for an xbox am looking to go more digital not looking to buy a new xbox.

The ad isn't out yet but I believe they gave a preview of it highlighting a deal on....Anthem. They better be giving away Anthem at BF, otherwise it is not that great of a deal.

Found any good ones? my 500gb og launch xbone needs more space desperately.
I'm using this and it's fine.
70ef955752d10e337f705036d9cca40e.jpg

Does anyone recommend any stellar PC Black Friday deals with really good specs? I don't game on PC but it would be nice to have a nice system at a great price. I am still using Windows 7 and Microsoft is ending support in January. I don't know if it's better to go to a local PC store and see what they can make or if there is a really good online store.

I originally got this desktop from CyberPower PC and it was a little over $900 probably over 10 years ago. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Intel Core i5  760 @ 2.80GHz 2.79GHz  12 GB RAM. (I added more RAM later)

Nothing special by today's standards and I was thinking about a laptop but the screens are never big enough and the tech is outdated quickly. I'm just used to having a desktop.

No, you just have to have an active bank account in good standing. Which means, there is at least a positive balance in there. My only problem with Red Card, is they can take up to a week to remove the money in your account. Artificially inflating the amount of money that you think that you have to spend, unless you stay on top of it.
Also, Target IT is really good at creating secure databases. I'd certainly not want them in control of a database with a card tied to my bank account. This Red Debit card is NOT backed by MasterCard, Visa no American Express.

Think you can count on target to have your back if your shit gets hacked/stolen? I wouldn't risk it.

Last retailer I need so I can make my lists and cashout from my beermoney sites (Swagbucks, Microsoft Rewards, Cross Media Panel...)

I just noticed edits being made to the Gamestop column in the spreadsheet. (God Of War $17, Uncharted Lost Legacy $9.)

*Begins false hopes of gamestop ad being leaked*

Really surprised more places don’t have sales on the Genesis Mini, especially since it hasn’t exactly been flying off the shelves.

Surely console makers would love to sell digital cheaper then physical but stores just aren't going to go for that. Not to mention that so many people already say that $60 is too much for a new game when its technically less then they used to cost based on inflation.
Console makers are capitalists with shareholders, their only motive is profit. Why would they sell digital for cheaper just because it makes sense. People have decided they are willing to play full price.

$60 might not have kept up with inflation, but neither have wages. If they lowered the price, they might actually sell millions more. I make pretty good money and I rarely pay full price for a game so in a way, the people who do are subsidizing the game. There are games I wait until they drop to 30 or less to buy. I've never paid money for an assassin's Creed game though they look interesting enough. But if they weren't $60 at launch I would consider it.

But back to the point of digital, I don't see the point personally. If I have to buy more storage, what exactly am I getting out of an all digital console? I'm not so lazy that I can't change a game disc. The game is tied to my account until the game maker or MS or Sony or Nintendo decided to turn off services for it or stop supporting it. There's something to be said for the fact that you can still buy a Nintendo and it will play cartridges in 2019. They can't take that away from you.

Console makers are capitalists with shareholders, their only motive is profit. Why would they sell digital for cheaper just because it makes sense. People have decided they are willing to play full price.

$60 might not have kept up with inflation, but neither have wages. If they lowered the price, they might actually sell millions more. I make pretty good money and I rarely pay full price for a game so in a way, the people who do are subsidizing the game. There are games I wait until they drop to 30 or less to buy. I've never paid money for an assassin's Creed game though they look interesting enough. But if they weren't $60 at launch I would consider it.

But back to the point of digital, I don't see the point personally. If I have to buy more storage, what exactly am I getting out of an all digital console? I'm not so lazy that I can't change a game disc. The game is tied to my account until the game maker or MS or Sony or Nintendo decided to turn off services for it or stop supporting it. There's something to be said for the fact that you can still buy a Nintendo and it will play cartridges in 2019. They can't take that away from you.
I am literally you. I hate digital games. I refuse to pay the same price. Just like these digital books.

I am literally you. I hate digital games. I refuse to pay the same price. Just like these digital books.
I personally only went digital for my games due to the cheap prices you can find online often, and the fact you gotta do a full install or download a sizeable portion of the game anyways, so I felt what was the point of physical anymore.
Though with switch, I love buying the carts.
(Also had my PS4 pro motor die out earlier this year)

Here's the official Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals from Sony's Playstation Press Release at participating retailers :

(Sale starts Nov.24th thru Dec.2)

• Only on PlayStation PS4 Bundle for $199.99 (MSRP) / $249.99 CAD (MSRP). Featuring a 1TB PS4 system and three award-winning titles, The Last of Us: Remastered, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition. While supplies last
  • PlayStation 4 Pro for $299.99 (MSRP)/ $369.99 CAD (MSRP), regularly $399.99 (MSRP) / $499.99 CAD
  • PS VR Multi-game Bundle for $199.99 (MSRP) / $249.99 CAD (MSRP), regularly $299.99 (MSRP) and $379.99 CAD (MSRP). Features a PS VR Headset, a PS Camera and vouchers to download five PS VR titles: Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Skyrim VR, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Everybody’s Golf VR, and PlayStation VR Worlds
  • PS VR Blood & Truth + Everybody’s Golf Bundle for $249.99 (MSRP) / $319.99 CAD (MSRP), regularly $349.99 (MSRP) / $449.99 CAD (MSRP). Features a PS VR Headset, a PS Camera, two PS Move controllers, and two popular PS VR titles: Blood & Truth and Everybody’s Golf VR
  • PS Gold Headset for $69.99 (MSRP) / $89.99 CAD (MSRP) in all available colors, regularly $99.99 (MSRP) / $119.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • DualShock 4 wireless controller for $39.99 (MSRP) / $49.99 CAD (MSRP) in all colors, regularly $64.99 USD (MSRP) / $74.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • 25% off a PlayStation Plus yearly subscription, available 11/22 – 12/2*
  • Select PlayStation exclusive games for $19.99 (MSRP) / $29.99 CAD (MSRP), including Days Gone, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition, MediEvil, Concrete Genie, and MLB The Show 19
  • PlayStation Hits games for $9.99 (MSRP) / $9.99 CAD (MSRP), regularly $19.99 (MSRP) / $19.99 CAD

I'm wondering if the PS4 Pro deal is just the console only one or if one of the newer bundled ones (Death Stranding and CoD) are getting a discount too.

I wouldn't bet on it. Sony is sending stores tons of the skus in their ad and putting the DS sku on sale means they will move through less of the ones they are stockpiling. It will sell out on it's own with no help.

I wouldn't bet on it. Sony is sending stores tons of the skus in their ad and putting the DS sku on sale means they will move through less of the ones they are stockpiling. It will sell out on it's own with no help.
I'd prefer it not anyways, since I just bought it at GameStop when they were offering the $50 rewards. Not that it matters given all the local GameStop's have sold out of it and it can't be bought online from them.

bread's done
Back