Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Is Best Buy still doing early access to Black Friday deals this year? Anyone have an idea when that usually is (is it like the Sunday before?)?

Sorry if this has been asked many times, haven’t had time to be on this topic in awhile unfortunately.

hey! i started the spreadsheet. definitely want people to be able to make copies. i just took a look on another account and was able to do that. just go to file>make a copy and give it another shot. let me know if you're still having trouble. does anyone else have issues with this?

i locked the spreadsheet down because some people were telling me it was getting trolled. i plan on opening it up again once some more black friday ads come through.

as for the request to add sorting in, we had that before, but if one person is sorting one way, it effects everyone. so i recommend making a personal copy and then adding sorting to that.
I don't see any option to make a copy. In fact, there is no "file" menu to even click on from what I can see on my end??? I can screenshot it if you want?

GameStop released their "early deals" ad which is probably really their Black Friday ad with really shitty deals. The only thing I'd want is that yummy white PS4 Pro but with PS5 backwards compatibility I hope it enhances performance of PS4 games instead of just playing them. Still it's just the console with nothing for $300 which isn't much incentive.

Unless there is some amazing trade-in offer any of the game deals are going to be similar to everywhere else.

I don't see any option to make a copy. In fact, there is no "file" menu to even click on from what I can see on my end??? I can screenshot it if you want?
someone above mentioned that this happens sometimes when there is a certain number of people on the sheet at the same time, and apparently has happened to cag sheets in the past. definitely not something that's being controlled on my end. if anyone knows about any way to prevent this, let me know!

Hopefully someone can help you with your lack of a sense of humor. It was just a joke, bud....a relevant one at that. I don’t care if you guys have smart watches. It’s all in good fun, guy.
it wasn't relevant when we literally said in our posts that we have a phone and which ones we had. It was just an attempt to fish for likes.

Gamestop is in no place to not just release their add. It's probably too late to get anything out of me. I'm getting the Jedi bundle at Best Buy. Gamestop won't say if that is apart of their sale. 

Gamestop is in no place to not just release their add. It's probably too late to get anything out of me. I'm getting the Jedi bundle at Best Buy. Gamestop won't say if that is apart of their sale.
If you're taking about the XB1S Jedi bundle it's in Gamestop's early Black Friday ad that starts this Sunday.

https://www.gamestop.com/deals/black-friday-early-deals?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Slickdeals+LLC&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=lw9MynSeamY-8iM5GIfh4EYk785MBS8cWA

Huh, didnt realize that. With target giving an extra $40 on top however it doesnt really seem worth it.

someone above mentioned that this happens sometimes when there is a certain number of people on the sheet at the same time, and apparently has happened to cag sheets in the past. definitely not something that's being controlled on my end. if anyone knows about any way to prevent this, let me know!
I've tried using both Chrome and Firefox and I'm not seeing it. Considering that it's Google Docs and there are other people in this thread that have had problems saving a copy, I'm wondering if it's actually part of the sharing you said you took away b/c of goobers messing it up. When I open other files in google docs I see the right stuff but yours doesn't have a menu bar and I really doubt that google has issues with "too many people" using a document at once???

I've tried using both Chrome and Firefox and I'm not seeing it. Considering that it's Google Docs and there are other people in this thread that have had problems saving a copy, I'm wondering if it's actually part of the sharing you said you took away b/c of goobers messing it up. When I open other files in google docs I see the right stuff but yours doesn't have a menu bar and I really doubt that google has issues with "too many people" using a document at once???
Sorry but you’re wrong about that and a google search would easily explain this. Stop being condescending to people doing you a favor.

“Yes, there is a limit. According to Google's user guidelines, a Google Docs file can be shared with up to 200 people or groups (but only 100 people can view it or edit it at the same time).”

it wasn't relevant when we literally said in our posts that we have a phone and which ones we had. It was just an attempt to fish for likes.
...Or you just don’t have a sense of humor. I’m gonna go with that.

Sorry but you’re wrong about that and a google search would easily explain this. Stop being condescending to people doing you a favor.

“Yes, there is a limit. According to Google's user guidelines, a Google Docs file can be shared with up to 200 people or groups (but only 100 people can view it or edit it at the same time).”
I'm not trying to be overly rude. What you quoted doesn't actually say that the menus go away. Changing options (as the poster stated) to limit sharing, etc. like he did may have unintentionally caused the menus to disappear. I have viewed many google docs and viewed these every year for the past few years and this is the first time I've seen that issue. So again, I wasn't trying to be rude, just pointing out that maybe the options he intentionally disabled accidentally made it where people couldn't view the menus to make a copy. :)

PlayStation Digital Black Friday sale starts tomorrow on PSN. Seems to be PS4 games only, when previous sales have included digital PS3 and VITA games, also.

Aren't all consoles the same price everywhere since it's manufacturer funded? The only difference is the incentive via giftcard or bonus.

The GS preview is pathetic. Very curious about Amazon, I imagine they'll wait until Sunday, right before BB early access.

I never shop Amazon it's that confusing staggered release deals stuff and never wants to sort nicely for me idk.

Walmart is doing a pre thing in about 39 min but I'm falling asleep.

Oh wow I never knew that I just knew it as an insult I heard in clerks 2.
I actually almost said that you probably weren't aware of the origin but decided against it. It's kind of a common insult thanks to that flick. But yeah, that's where it came from. Do you watch Comic Book Men? I love those nerdy peeps. You get a lot of insight into their inner geeks.

I never shop Amazon it's that confusing staggered release deals stuff and never wants to sort nicely for me idk.

Walmart is doing a pre thing in about 39 min but I'm falling asleep.
Are you sure? I don't see anything about that on the app.

I actually almost said that you probably weren't aware of the origin but decided against it. It's kind of a common insult thanks to that flick. But yeah, that's where it came from. Do you watch Comic Book Men? I love those nerdy peeps. You get a lot of insight into their inner geeks.
Yes I love the season(a) that I saw!

Are you sure? I don't see anything about that on the app.
I was going according to bfads website but I'm not sure what went up or changed. They're pretty accurate but this time idk.

https://www.walmart.com/m/deals/christmas-gifts

$300 PS4 Pro CoD MW Bundle https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=739950006

Just checked and all PS4 Pro bundles are showing as $299 in store at Walmart.
Is that the best PS4 Pro deal for Black Friday that you know of? I have been thinking about getting the Star Wars PS4 Pro but can only find it used locally and it's $300-$350. I have the PS4 Vader edition and was not going to upgrade but I've been reading up on the Pro and it seems like I should upgrade seeing as I have had a 4K TV for years now. I own a One X but for exclusives and PSVR, it seems like the faster load times and performance of 1st party games alone make it worth it for me to get a Pro and sell my Vader PS4.

The Wal-mart app is showing it in stock at $299.99 at my store so I can definitely go and buy it right now for that price but I would rather have the Star Wars one.

https://www.gamestop.com/deals/black-friday?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Cheap+Ass+Gamer&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-vuSbeaEM1_Anzdds5W294A

Finally gamestop

25 gift card for switch lite I'll be doing that. Weirdly Saturday and Sunday not Thursday Friday but whatever.

Also scooping concrete genie and medievil for 20 bones.

Obligatory b2g1 on used.

Was hoping some more of those gift box sets would go on sale. There's a metroid one I want but 50 bucks is ridiculous.

After finally seeing GameStop’s BF ad, the sales from all retailers just seem pretty lackluster this year. I guess all I REALLY wanted was a sub-$20 Control.

https://www.gamestop.com/deals/black-friday?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Cheap+Ass+Gamer&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-vuSbeaEM1_Anzdds5W294A

Finally gamestop

25 gift card for switch lite I'll be doing that. Weirdly Saturday and Sunday not Thursday Friday but whatever.

Also scooping concrete genie and medievil for 20 bones.

Obligatory b2g1 on used.

Was hoping some more of those gift box sets would go on sale. There's a metroid one I want but 50 bucks is ridiculous.
Careful, it is a gift coupon. That means it does expire, and by the page of it on 1/31/2020. It also doesn't work the same day, or so the terms say.

Buy 1 get 1 on last-gen (inc. Vita and Wii U), too - though not including 3ds. Thinking that might be the best we get before they disappear online forever.

Is that the best PS4 Pro deal for Black Friday that you know of?

The Wal-mart app is showing it in stock at $299.99 at my store so I can definitely go and buy it right now for that price but I would rather have the Star Wars one.
AAFES and Google Shopping are reportedly going to have them slightly cheaper at $249 - $289.

All stores have only the standard PS4 Pro for $300 other than GameStop that has the Glacier White edition. Walmart should have the star wars one for $300 right now in store if you can find it.

Do we assume that any multiplat games only have deals for the versions shown, or does it generally include all versions?  For instance, I see Indivisible XB1 for $20, but is it safe to assume that it's also for PS4?  Same for Bloodstained, except that they show the Switch version.

If my town actually had a GameStop, I might be tempted to get $5 Anthem, if it was the PS4 version with the added dlc.

Told everyone Gamestop would be coming through with more niche titles on discount. Likely springing for Trails of Cold Steel 3 and AI. If I'm going with whatever Metal Wolf Chaos will be a buy too. Only other game i'm interested in from places is RE2. These discounts also show why it's usually better to wait than buy games even niche. I still have Crystar on my shelf and it's going to be cheap. Oh well it did have GCU applied.....

After finally seeing GameStop’s BF ad, the sales from all retailers just seem pretty lackluster this year. I guess all I REALLY wanted was a sub-$20 Control.
It’s a 3 month old game that apparently did well and isn’t from a big publisher like Ubi. It will be $20 probably in the summer but BF was always going to be too soon. Just get it at $30, seems like it’s worth it and a strong GOTY contender also, you know support remedy

It’s a 3 month old game that apparently did well and isn’t from a big publisher like Ubi. It will be $20 probably in the summer but BF was always going to be too soon. Just get it at $30, seems like it’s worth it and a strong GOTY contender also, you know support remedy
Exactly what I was thinking. Probably one of the best games of the year and getting a resurgence of publicity because of the Game Awards. No need to put on sale just yet.

Surprised GS didn't include all of the other 1st party Switch games besides BotW in the ad, since they're already participating in the $40 Nintendo sale.

Do we assume that any multiplat games only have deals for the versions shown, or does it generally include all versions? For instance, I see Indivisible XB1 for $20, but is it safe to assume that it's also for PS4? Same for Bloodstained, except that they show the Switch version.
If it’s got the “Also on __” in small print underneath, you’re good.

Is there a way to save the spreadsheet? I've used the list to highlight what I want and this year I can't find the save a copy drop down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back