Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been real disappointed this year. Missed baldurs gate at gamestop (if they ever even had stock...) and outer worlds was just for red card, so that can go to hell. Funny, this is the first year I didn't really want much and also the first year I didn't get anything haha.

Trying to get a switch lite Saturday morning at gs, we'll see how that goes.

Is it worth getting an extra Switch Joy-Con this BF, or will there be some more discounts in the near future? I'm kind of tapped-out on what I wanted to spend this year. I won't be getting a multiplayer game like Smash Brothers for a few months, so I don't have an immediate need for an extra Joy-Con at this moment.
If you're not dying for it right now, they're normally only $69 at Walmart.

You could have gotten Control brand new for that price. Years ago someone bought me Sonic '06 used and the box was damaged and they paid more for it used than it cost brand new. I couldn't hide my disappointment when I unwrapped it and just thought to myself. "Why?" I never asked for it and I certainly didn't want it.

The More You Know
Meh. I got it during Pro Days. Didn’t have to physically fight a crowd so it’s a win for me. It came complete and in good condition so I’m fine

I've been real disappointed this year. Missed baldurs gate at gamestop (if they ever even had stock...) and outer worlds was just for red card, so that can go to hell. Funny, this is the first year I didn't really want much and also the first year I didn't get anything haha.

Trying to get a switch lite Saturday morning at gs, we'll see how that goes.
Amazon is price matching. I decided to hold off on Baldur's Gate. The reviews have not been very positive. Supposedly they got rid of the multiplayer aspect of the game and kept it as a single player.

Amazon is price matching. I decided to hold off on Baldur's Gate. The reviews have not been very positive. Supposedly they got rid of the multiplayer aspect of the game and kept it as a single player.
This killed it for me. I would've snatched up Baldur's Gate on console in a second if it was multiplayer.

I'm about 2 hours in as well. I feel like the driving controls suck but all the reviews they driving is solid so it's probably just me. It is fun though.
I don't typically chime in like this but the middle of the game is where it gets super fun. You can upgrade your bike; I never noticed any issues riding. 2 hours in and I was a little bored to be honest... But it picked up a lot.

Man of Medan is a new cinematic horror game from the guys who made Until Dawn, apparently the first in a series they'll be making. Played an early build last spring and it was very similar, though it's apparently quite short (hence the low price; iirc it released at $40).
It also reviewed rather poorly, which was disappointing because I had high hopes.

The game is great! It unfortunately launched with a bunch of issues and got tossed in the trash heap by critics. But all those issues have been fixed and a ton of additional content added.
Does that include the issues that were occurring when playing on a Standard PS4?

I'm about 2 hours in as well. I feel like the driving controls suck but all the reviews they driving is solid so it's probably just me. It is fun though.
I agree, I think the controls are a little squishy overall for sure but it’s right up my alley. A little stealth needed with some scavenging/crafting and crapping my pants every now and then when I get jumped by a zombie 😂. Really solid for $20.

For a grand total of $133 I got RDR 2,Catherine Full Body, Shenmue 3 from BB, Yakuza Kawami 2, Concrete Genie and Man of Medan from GS and Control and Indivisible from Target.

Debating Plagues Tale from Amazon is it worth $30?

Got Xbox one X star wars bundle at KOHLS

$350 price

$21 ebates cashback

$17.50 chase freedom 5% quarterly offer

$105 kohls cash

$17.50 yes 2 you rewards

Total in a way after cashback and offers:

$189

They also have Gears and NBA2K20 for same price.
That's CRAZY!!! (crazy is good)

Khols Ebates was at 5%? That's better than anyone else I've seen(1-3%).

There's no Khols nearby and I have no idea what "yes 2 you" is.

$350 price

$21 ebates cashback

$105 kohls cash

$17.50 yes 2 you rewards

$189

If you count the game as full value (and since it's not on sale anywhere, you should) that's another $70 off. Well played. :applause:

I bought a robot vacuum and plants vs zombies battle for neighborville and a purple xbox controller, I think thats all for me this year.

It just dawned on me that many of the movies sold at Walmart will have Vudu copies included in the box for free.
I actually just found out about that! Since BB was asleep at the wheel, I found out Detective Pikachu was only $9 in 4k and bought that instead. Next thing I know, I get an email saying my VUDU copy was ready. So we got to watch it last night and I'm still not quite sure how this all works; do I need to redeem anything once the actual copy arrives so I'm not charged or something?

Decided to buy the One S SW bundle from target, and also be a hypocrite and selected for Pick Up Instore when it opens today.

Never ordered and item online for store pickup, especially not this time of year. What should I expect, and where do I even go to pick it up?

Just saw that ebates has 5% cashback on Target.com videogame category.  That never happens, usually 1% or 0% sitewide for target.

I actually just found out about that! Since BB was asleep at the wheel, I found out Detective Pikachu was only $9 in 4k and bought that instead. Next thing I know, I get an email saying my VUDU copy was ready. So we got to watch it last night and I'm still not quite sure how this all works; do I need to redeem anything once the actual copy arrives so I'm not charged or something?
Usually, the code is in the case with the movie. It might be that you can just go to Vudu and see if the digital copy is already there.

Pro-tip: if you find a brand new movie at a dollar store with a Vudu sticker on the case, it usually has a Vudu code in the case. I've found numerous movies at Dollar Tree that had them, but it's a crapshoot that something like that will happen.

lol, you won’t get charged anything; I’m pretty sure the Walmart / VUDU instawatch is the same code that will be in the case when it arrives. When you receive the movie, try and redeem it and see what it says.

You’ve purchased the movie. This is Walmart and VUDU’s way of allowing you to watch it digitally if you want to watch it before your disc arrives. It’s been around for years.

Usually, the code is in the case with the movie. It might be that you can just go to Vudu and see if the digital copy is already there.

Pro-tip: if you find a brand new movie at a dollar store with a Vudu sticker on the case, it usually has a Vudu code in the case. I've found numerous movies at Dollar Tree that had them, but it's a crapshoot that something like that will happen.
Yeah, it literally gave me a link to claim my copy in VUDU and after linking Walmart to it, it was just available without any code. So now I'm paranoid that I was charged or will be charged unless I enter a code soon. They didn't explain shit, it was just a click and enter info process which is a little weird to me.

lol, you won’t get charged anything; I’m pretty sure the Walmart / VUDU instawatch is the same code that will be in the case when it arrives. When you receive the movie, try and redeem it and see what it says.
I figured as much, but of course my first thought was "did I just get a free copy to sell?" Lol, guess we'll see. ;)

I figured as much, but of course my first thought was "did I just get a free copy to sell?" Lol, guess we'll see. ;)
Yeah; it’s always nice getting those emails saying “Your digital movies are ready”. I can watch Far From Home, Alita, and Dark Phoenix (not sure why I’d want to) right now! The only thing is, not every movie qualifies for Instawatch. I didn’t get ones for Shazam or Godzilla. But they’ll be in the case to redeem.

https://www.vudu.com/content/instawatchFaq_mobile.html

Yeah, it literally gave me a link to claim my copy in VUDU and after linking Walmart to it, it was just available without any code. So now I'm paranoid that I was charged or will be charged unless I enter a code soon. They didn't explain shit, it was just a click and enter info process which is a little weird to me.
Another pro-tip: you can link your VUDU account to Movies Anywhere, and then, you can watch the movies on Google Play and Microsoft Movies and TV assuming that those movies are available on your Google and Xbox accounts. Works for some TV show seasons too if they have Vudu codes in the box. I enjoy pimping the system.

Well that was fast. Resident Evil 2 PS4 already sold out on the Best Buy website...says unavailable for shipping. Not in stock at my nearby stores either. Oh well....

DMC 5 also no longer available for shipping on BB site. Both it and RE2 are $5 more at GS. Don’t get why GS wouldn’t have their BF price be at least as low as it’s competitors.

DMC 5 also no longer available for shipping on BB site. Both it and RE2 are $5 more at GS. Don’t get why GS wouldn’t have their BF price be at least as low as it’s competitors.
The minivan mom's don't know any better. They figure a store that specializes in games, have to have the lowest prices

$350 price

$21 ebates cashback

$105 kohls cash

$17.50 yes 2 you rewards

$189

We got in on this too since our day one is dying and I'd rather have an X for our console collection. I was a bit salty that the additional 15% coupon code didn't work on it!

Anyone know what version of the Switch is at Kohls?  Is it the old one or new one?  I'm guessing old one but don't know???

It sucks that there are no other real deals on Switches anywhere (unless you want the old model and even then the deals suck).

bread's done
Back