BLACK FRIDAY DEAL - PS+ Membership $29.99/yr (Limit 2)

yea.. sadly it's American Money so conversion fees ( of god know how much that will cost )  i was hoping $29.99 strictly Canadian Money.  but for those who don't mind that's a good deal.  i rather know what i am looking at for buying it all together after all the charges and such  i can only spend so much money as i am tight for cash as Christmas is around the corner. 

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Actually on top of the conversion rate, the real issue is that they will not sell it to someone using a Canadian billing address. I tried, it stops the transaction automatically. I read somewhere you could put a US billing address to get it to work, but that's one hoop I'm not willing to jump through to find out if it works.

EDIT: I ended up doing it, was way simple, see my post bellow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let everyone know, I got a friend's US address to buy the code, but the PS store will not let me redeem it saying an error has occured.

I think I may have just wasted $30.

A warning to others.

UPDATE: I redeemed the code through the account management menu instead of through the PS Store and this time it worked.

Just to let everyone know, I got a friend's US address to buy the code, but the PS store will not let me redeem it saying an error has occured.

A warning to others.

UPDATE: I redeemed the code through the account management menu instead of through the PS Store and this time it worked.
The error is because the PS4 launched in Europe which is having some crazy traffic.

I redemmed my code last night around 4AM and I had no issues.

A warning to others.

Ah I'll give it a shot through account management, I ended up switching the billing address to the address of a friend in the states that was already on my account. Super simple after all! I'm going to buy a second year as soon as I can confirm it gets redeemed :) jeez I'll be set for the next 4 years now!

EDIT: I've tried different ways, Account section, on the web... The network is a mess right now. I'll try again later. I'm not worried it'll work though.

Has little to do with the PS4 launching in Europe. I'm pretty sure it has to do with EVERYONE redeeming codes on Black Friday here in North America.

Actually on top of the conversion rate, the real issue is that they will not sell it to someone using a Canadian billing address. I tried, it stops the transaction automatically. I read somewhere you could put a US billing address to get it to work, but that's one hoop I'm not willing to jump through to find out if it works.

EDIT: I ended up doing it, was way simple, see my post bellow...
I just don't know what i'll be charged for conversion rate cause it may not be based on today's rate it could be a different day altogether. and that's what bugs me so i don't want to do it.

I just don't know what i'll be charged for conversion rate cause it may not be based on today's rate it could be a different day altogether. and that's what bugs me so i don't want to do it.
why is everyone so concerned about conversion rate? afterall it will still be way cheaper than what you would be paying in store in canada?

why is everyone so concerned about conversion rate? afterall it will still be way cheaper than what you would be paying in store in canada?
yea, but i just hate not knowing a actual price i am paying for something before i go do so. and also for the fact i can only spend so much money as i am tight on budget till after christmas. :( Money Woes

I did this, too, and can confirm that it works fine.

The conversion rate will have you paying one or two dollars more.  

I did this, too, and can confirm that it works fine.

The conversion rate will have you paying one or two dollars more.
doesn't it vary by different Card Companys ? by the way. if i was to do this deal should i use Delaware as they have no tax ? or maybe new Hampshire ?

Scratch all that the deal is over. i didn't know it was for one day on Amazon just gamestop.. oh well.

doesn't it vary by different Card Companys ? by the way. if i was to do this deal should i use Delaware as they have no tax ? or maybe new Hampshire ?

Scratch all that the deal is over. i didn't know it was for one day on Amazon just gamestop.. oh well.
I'm sorry to hear you missed out on it. Maybe Boxing Day?

For future reference, my order came to $32.58, so I was a tiny bit off. I used a Montana address and was not charged tax, but I've heard that Delaware and NH are both good options, as well.

They are still selling for $39.99 which is a good deal. But I don't know how you guys are checking out. I keep getting this:

Online Game Codes are only available to US customers

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please continue shopping on the Amazon.com home page.
when I try to checkout.

EDIT: thanks KAPBAM, got it. Saving $10 is still nice.

bread's done
Back