Black Friday Deals?

Buuhan1

CAGiversary!
So, are there any good Black Friday deals for computers announced yet? I'm looking for a gaming PC for around $400-$600. I'm not a builder, so I'm not interested in sale parts to build one. Unless I can buy a very cheap PC and then change out components for my budget.

EDIT: Okay, I give, I'll be willing to build. But I'm very illiterate at this, so I would need complete builds posted so I'm sure I get everything and the right things.

[quote name='Buuhan1']You're hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Listen, if I can build it, anyone can! Look online for great video through's and take your time. Let me know if you need any guidance.

[quote name='christagamer']Listen, if I can build it, anyone can! Look online for great video through's and take your time. Let me know if you need any guidance.[/QUOTE]

same boat. Built mine over the summer, first one. Its really not that hard.

[quote name='Buuhan1']
EDIT: Okay, I give, I'll be willing to build. But I'm very illiterate at this, so I would need complete builds posted so I'm sure I get everything and the right things.[/QUOTE]

What I'd suggest doing is browsing through newegg, and just compare, compare, compare. You can build a very capable system for reasonable money if you're careful.

Just don't spend money on features you probably aren't going to use like built-in gpus on motherboards- you'll be using a dedicated card anyways.

Make sure your motherboard is the same socket type as the cpu you want to buy, and make sure it has at least one PCI-e 2.0 x16 slot, two if you want to do crossfire/sli later on. Make sure the ram speed you're buying is supported by your motherboard: ddr3 1600 as an example. Might want to make sure you're getting usb 3 and sata 3[revision 3, not 3.0Gb/s].

Also make sure your PSU is high enough wattage to power it all.

Most importantly IMO make sure your case is large enough to work comfortably in- especially if you're new at this. But it's really nothing to be too worried about.

[quote name='Buuhan1']It's just really intimidating, especially considering a lot of money is involved. This looks like the best deal I've found so far, $398 and even comes with a monitor: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...ceid=14171222862429056599&product_id=14978547[/QUOTE]

Single core processor
No dedicated video card
18" monitor

That combo will not play any games effectively, maybe Braid, Super Meat Boy and a few other 2D games but nothing 3D well.

Building a decent PC on your own probably won't come with a monitor, but at that price you can do much better.

Being able to game is only a plus, not a necessity. My console backlog keeps me plenty busy. I do want something with good performance on watching video, browsing the net, and working in programs like Photoshop tho.

Get something with a dedicated video card then if you have a version of Photoshop that is CS4 or CS5 if you want to take advantage of the video card acceleration that is built into those versions of PS. (not sure about recent copies of PS Elements, they may or may not have video card acceleration)

bread's done
Back