Black Friday Tips?

inbetweenphase

CAGiversary!
Primarily wondering how early I should wait. I need to wait at Best Buy for a Wii and they open at 5am sooooo i was thinking like 2 or 3am but should i go earlier?

[quote name='inbetweenphase']Primarily wondering how early I should wait. I need to wait at Best Buy for a Wii and they open at 5am sooooo i was thinking like 2 or 3am but should i go earlier?[/QUOTE]

I am planning to camp my position at 11pm tonight.

Good luck... I ordered everything I wanted online at Bestbuy.com so I don't have to wake up early and deal with that BS.

I'll head to Wal-Mart at 11am to price match the stuff BB didn't have online.

fuck, i just passed by Best Buy on my way home and there were atleast 40-50 people lined up already. I wonder how many are there for Wiis?

Unless there's something you really want cheap, just show up when the doors open. Its not worth camping out to save a few bucks on a DVD.

The best advice/tip I can give is see what you can order online already. I was able to get nearly everything I wanted from Circuit City and Best Buy online last night at around 4 a.m. (PST). From there it's a matter of if it's worth fighting the traffic and crowds to get the one or two things I missed. This year, no.

[quote name='inbetweenphase']fuck, i just passed by Best Buy on my way home and there were atleast 40-50 people lined up already. I wonder how many are there for Wiis?[/QUOTE]

Probably not many. Everyone want stuff thats on sale. LCDs, HDTV, laptops etc.

I was watching the news, and there is like 50 at my local Best Buy. Honestly, I don't see such great deals. Good, just not great. I wouldn't doubt there is some idiot there spreading rumors about them having a few PS3s.

Ask twice at least. At the EB I was at, the manager said they had no PS3s, and repeated that when she opened, but when I asked right before leaving when my friend had bought his Wii (already have one), she mentioned she'd seen a 60gb behind something in the back. Moments later, it was mine.

I guess I'm lucky.

I went to Best Buy before the opening at 5 am and quickly turned around after seeing the line. Decided to come back 4 hours later and managed to get basically everything I wanted in the first place. The lesson: unless you want a TV or laptop or some other hot item, there's no need to be there at 5, at least at my store.

bread's done
Back