Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that the Valhalla/Watch Dogs Legion bundle was listed for like $109 and is now $34.

....how was it ever $109 and is Legion worth that $14?

I’m a mailman, and those shitty bubble mailers from Amazon are unsealed all the time. We just close the seal when we see it. We still have to make the delivery even if it’s obviously empty.

I’m a mailman, and those shitty bubble mailers from Amazon are unsealed all the time. We just close the seal when we see it. We still have to make the delivery even if it’s obviously empty.
USPS literally left a note on the mailer I got the other day “envelope received empty.” I didn’t have to submit anything to Amazon to get it resolved, but it was nice to have a picture with that if I needed it.

Now if Outer Wilds would go on sale, my holiday shopping for myself would be complete.
Ask and ye shall receive. Outer Wilds for PS is $14 at the PlayStation store; with DLC is $25. Nice.

Went to pick up a few games and a laptop on Best Buy then remembered to check out Ibotta. In addition to the typical 2% back they had a $2 back offer for most of the games on sale.  Got $2 back on Watch Dogs: Legions, Sonic Colors, Madden 22 (my nephew always wants it for Christmas ) and Mario & Sonic at Olympic games myself.  Plus $30 back on a laptop. 

Promise I'm not just shilling (though there is a referral link in my sig).  Just trying to make sure CAGs save every last dollar. 

Anyone who got 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim from Bestbuy, was it launch copy or vanilla reprint
vanilla reprint.

I read in the GameStop thread how it’s the game without the extras now so it seems like a reprint.
Yup my order came yesterday from best buy and it's a vanilla reprint. We could get lucky with gs and they'd be complete reprints like cold steel 3 was but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anyone who got 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim from Bestbuy, was it launch copy or vanilla reprint
I ordered from them during summer thinking the game might no longer be printed soon and it wasn't a launch edition so I doubt it would be now.

Last edited:
So there’s a whole lot of first party switch games for $26.99 BRAND NEW on GameStop.com. They’re advertised as $40 so its very likely a price mistake.

May want to hop on it if there are any you’re wanting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol Best Buy…

Not gaming related but they sold the Sony XM4s for $299 w/$25 GC in October 2020. Essentially a $30 price drop in a year is insulting.

Hmmm. Decisions. I already played through MM and sold off my copy, really just buying to replay Spidey. Too bad Sony doesn’t list as a standalone.

It's back to $49.99 at GS now. GS has been all over the place all week and currently has like 10 Switch games brand new for $26.99 so I have no idea what the prices for games will be tomorrow. MM Ultimate could go back down to $44.99 or go higher in price the way things are going.

i was wondering if some folks are somehow getting amazon to price match?

i was watching a ps4 game that basically never goes on sale, and all of a sudden it's selling out on amazon, it's 40 bucks at best buy.

tried to get it cheaper through chat but yeah that didn't work.

seems like something tho.

anyone else?

So is Ps+ at $40 is the lowest, man I hope my sub didnt auto again forgot about it and when it expires. How long this price will last til Monday after Thanksgiving right.
Edit
They almost screwed me again twice in a row. I looked and some how it turned back on cause I know I turn it off. It was close to thank god I looked

Really wasn't expecting those $26.99 Switch games at Gamestop. 

Anyone know when Target tends to flip over prices? They switched weekly ads to the BF one at midnight but prices haven't updated. 

contacted target via chat to do a price match and after a few mins they told me they are having technical difficulties.

imagine they are flooded with price matches as i had to wait in a queue of 20 people for chat lol

Guessing these are final Black Friday prices and won’t better later this week?
Of course these assholes are going to have extra sales damn near every day. For most stuff if it's at least 25% off you're safe enough. That's what adjustments are for.

Hmmm. Decisions. I already played through MM and sold off my copy, really just buying to replay Spidey. Too bad Sony doesn’t list as a standalone.

I’m in the same situation. I own the original Spider-Man GOTY, but apparently only the remastered version runs at 60fps, which is a big deal for this type of game.

If you can get a copy of MM vanilla, you can buy Spider-Man Remastered through the MM title screen for $20.

So there’s a whole lot of first party switch games for $26.99 BRAND NEW on GameStop.com. They’re advertised as $40 so its very likely a price mistake.

Thank you! Been looking for a deal on Paper Mario. Picked up Mario Rabbids as well for $13.99 to get free shipping.

Picked up 12 months of Game Pass Ultimate at Target. You can buy up to 3 codes at once but can do multiple transactions. Thanks to everyone for helping with the spreadsheet for another year.

Some of those GameStop switch titles are same price digitally too. Picked up Kirby and Paper Mario for $26 or whatever it was.

Picked up 12 months of Game Pass Ultimate at Target. You can buy up to 3 codes at once but can do multiple transactions. Thanks to everyone for helping with the spreadsheet for another year.
I'm still new to Game Pass so maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy xbox live gold and convert to gpu?

Reminder that if you already have GamePass, to turn off recurring billing first, and then reenable it when prompted, for an extra month. Appears this only works once, but 10 months for $75 is a far cry cheaper than $14.99 a month.

I'm still new to Game Pass so maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy xbox live gold and convert to gpu?
As of now, yes. I'm betting on them getting rid of that in the next 6 months, so I went ahead and bought a year. My 3-years of Gold that I converted way back when GPU was new is up next summer, so I went this route. So I might win or lose but at least I'm not paying full price.

I think somebody else mentioned it but the lack of controller sales sucks too.

Just for reference, I was able to pick up an open box Series S/X controller for $33 last year, since they were on sale for $40 at BB. This year, seems like that's not going to be the case.

Thank you very much.

bread's done
Back