Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of them at various stores.
I mean while this is an answer it's really a non answer. lol. In years past controller discounts etc have been on the spreadsheet but nothing's there this time. 😩 It wouldn't surprise me if PS5 and XBSX(?) didn't have any due to the market but I wouldn't mind a good Joycon discount. 🤔

So all u gotta do is pm and they’ll give u the steelbook? Or did u pm online
Checkout normally with the game + steelbook in-store. Price match the game to Gamestop. meaning that you'd need to have a store with steelbooks out on the shelves. The steelbook rings up at $0 whenever it's purchased with the game.

good luck

Did anyone who price matched at Target even get a confirmation? They price matched for me but I didn't get an email and my order page has the same price. That usually changes and you get an email. 🤔

Also, Guardians PS5 is showing on both the $25 and $35 section at Walmart.

Did anyone who price matched at Target even get a confirmation? They price matched for me but I didn't get an email and my order page has the same price. That usually changes and you get an email. 🤔

Also, Guardians PS5 is showing on both the $25 and $35 section at Walmart.
Yeah I haven't gotten an email yet either and I did a price match yesterday morning

Anywhere besides Dollar General doing a discount on XB/PS gift cards?
I just always load up through Cash App with the 15% off boosts each week.

Target also has a deal going that gives you a $10 Target gift card if you buy $75 of these weird happy gift cards, but one of them can be used with XBL: https://www.target.com/p/game-and-grub-gift-card-email-delivery/-/A-84069958?preselect=84055754#lnk=sametab

I haven't tried it personally, but it might be worth checking out if Cash App isn't an option.

Does Square has a history of being slow to discount their games? I never really paid attention before but was expecting bigger discounts from Nier Replicant and FFVII Remake, especially FFVII with how long it's been out.

Does Square has a history of being slow to discount their games? I never really paid attention before but was expecting bigger discounts from Nier Replicant and FFVII Remake, especially FFVII with how long it's been out.
I thought I saw 7 Remake for < 30 on PS4. The PS5 version is still pretty new, I don't imagine that'll get big sales. I thought the lowest I saw it was $50.

Square doesn't tend to discount their stuff very much, though, in general. See the steam price for classic FF games (7, 9) rarely going far below $10, despite being PS1 games.

Anyone seeing BF deals for Dualsense controllers? The only one I know of is the one on Playstation Direct for $55 (white)
If you're willing to settle for open box, BB will reduce the open box prices if they drop the regular price. I was about to get brand new XSX controllers for $30-33 because they had put the new ones on sale for $40.

Also, if you wanted different colors, BB did have the black/red Dualsense for $55 open box too. I was able to get one a day after they came out, which pretty much guaranteed they weren't used.

I'm guessing the Walmart+ 3-hour early access for PS5 and Xbox means they will run out of stock 2 hours and 58 minutes before they go on sale for everyone else, right? Nothing in the reports says they are holding back a portion of the stock for the 7 PM EST pleb drop? Best of luck to everyone who went for WM+ to get their dream console. I just can't justify spending more than MSRP (not even $13 more) for a PS5 when I'm plenty busy with my XSX and Switch. (Still want one, though.)

Stupid question but the deals at GameStop right now are early Black Friday deals and not their actual Black Friday deals correct? Cause a lot of their promotion deals going on now end on 11/24 the day before Thanksgiving.

Stupid question but the deals at GameStop right now are early Black Friday deals and not their actual Black Friday deals correct? Cause a lot of their promotion deals going on now end on 11/24 the day before Thanksgiving.
GameStop never released an add for black Friday so it's hard to say exactly. But these are definitely "black Friday" deals and new deals may be added Thursday but I largely expect a lot of these deals to continue for black Friday. But it is also possible that some are pre black Friday sales and go away.

Call of Duty Vanguard is onsale at Walmart.  $39 for all versions it seems.  I'm not seeing this on the spreadsheet as a game on sale. 

Dang I wish I got that lucky. I just got the generic one. Although now I see there is no steel book edition for PS5. That could be why too.
The Steel book version was only PS4 but it has a free upgrade to PS5. Snagged it last year at BB and they threw in an alternative steel book.

Guardians of the Galaxy showing up in the $25 section for Walmart early access deals

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1462866044599611400?s=20

Nice deal on Guardians. Debating if back4blood worth for solo play at this price. Gotta wait until walmart deals are open for everyone

Nice deal on Guardians. Debating if back4blood worth for solo play at this price. Gotta wait until walmart deals are open for everyone
Honestly, I would say no. I've been playing it over the last month and I think it would be pretty boring without friends to play with.

Might be worth checking out the Gamefly sale. I picked up Cobra Kai and Wasteland 3 for $10 each, which was great since I couldn't find Cobra Kai at Target. Other notables are Biomutant for $13, Skyward Sword HD for $30 and Ratchet for $35.

I got Guardians from Best Buy the other day. Easily one of the best games I’ve played this year. Back 4 Blood is tons of fun online even with random people, but solo is pretty boring. It’s still definitely worth the $30 or whatever.

I’m such a fool paying $13 for Walmart plus to get the Walmart exclusive switch version of hot wheels unleashed. Sold out in under a minute and never did get it. Now the only question is if it’s like Best Buy used to be with elite early access or they have stock reserved for both time slots. Guessing it’s the former.

Guardians is sold out at Walmart. 🙃 That's the only game I really wanted.

Edit: Nvm? Is everything showing sold out for now?

Guardians is sold out at Walmart. That's the only game I really wanted.

Edit: Nvm? Is everything showing sold out for now?
It would appear that the Walmart+ early access is over with and it will go live for everybody soon so it is just pull down while the change happens (my assumption)

bread's done
Back