Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I caved smh lol. Already owned and been playing Guardians of the Galaxy on PS5, but I caved and bought the Cosmic Deluxe version from Walmart for $29. The extras seemed cool. And it was $50.00 off. Crazy I know lol. Guess I could trade the regular game in when I’m done.

Gaurdians of the Galaxy
Hitman 3
Mario vs. Rabbid
RE village
ratchet and clank rift apart
MK11 Ultimate
Sonic Colors Ultimate
Breath of the Wild
Astral Chain

….consider Deathloop currently 😬

So I caved smh lol. Already owned and been playing Guardians of the Galaxy on PS5, but I caved and bought the Cosmic Deluxe version from Walmart for $29. The extras seemed cool. And it was $50.00 off. Crazy I know lol. Guess I could trade the regular game in when I’m done.
How? Isn’t that cosmic edition out of stock at Walmart?

After missing the $26.99 first party switch games which went on sale before black Friday I ended up getting nothing and avoided going to the stores. The way the economy is made it a poor black Friday. I will wait till next year and hopefully see some limited edition Switch OLED or for them to go on sale.

I did stop at walmart at night time. They had plenty of stock witch stickers on them to reference their price. They pretty much price matched gamestop on everything. $20 RE village, same price of 1st party switch games etc.

I will just look for a new washer and dryer instead. I just find it interesting that the best deals technically happened before black Friday.

I seen all the 26.99 prices on gamestop website and assumed they would be the same or cheaper on Black Friday or that other retailers would price match.

The people who ultimately got the best deals didn't get them on Black Friday or Cyber Monday but about three days before Black Friday. At least for 1st party Nintendo Switch games.

This Black Friday was a let down. Crowds, but light, more like just a regular busy day.  Checked out two Walmarts, each had Nier Replicant and THe World Ends with You.  Both rang up at like $40.  Didn't bother attempting a price match to the website, might try next week.

And did anybody's Walmart have those displays with all the sale movies?  For the longest time, Walmart had  a ton of movies / TV Seasons on Black Friday, prices from about $2 and up.  This year, there was only one small display case with games.  Major disappointment.  There was hardly any displays for anything.  Store looked basically the same

After reading some of the comments on the deals I know its no different every year people complain but wow after the last 2 years maybe people should just be happy they have their health and lively hood to be able to go to stores and make the choice to buy or not.

Things will get better and deals will still be great or suck thats the nature of the beast...

Folks complaining about the lack of physical media sales need a reality check. Physical media sales for games and movies have been fast declining and the way retailers are dropping sales is just a reflection of the market now.

Sony reported last year that physical disc sales made up less than 10 percent of its game sales. It's highly likely it's even lower on Xbox. In short, conmpanies don't care about disc sales, and are now selling those items to a niche market. No need for sales on such items. Either pay more to buy them, or go buy digital - that's what the publishers want, anyways.

Get used to seeing few to no sales on game discs and movies. That's where the industry is headed. If you still wantgame discs and blurays and 4ks, the answer from the industry is simple: Pay more for them.

The lack of disc sales is less a supply problem, and more a demand reality. There isn't demand for them anymore.

The market and retailers are moving on.

There's been plenty of physical titles on sale and most of them far cheaper than digital sales usually go.  Especially the first party switch games.  Whether or not they are the titles people wanted and or the price is another matter. 

Same thing happened to me, but it let me reorder. Guessing maybe the store’s inventory is off… will see tomorrow.
Something weird is definitely going on with that title. I went to pick mine up today at a Walmart about 20 mins away. Did early check in and order was still stating “pickup ready.” When I hit the “I’m here,” I received a cancellation notice. I was like, not today…, especially when it would seemingly let me reorder for pickup tomorrow. Long story short, it was something they couldn’t “figure out” as to why it was cancelled as soon as I got to the store. Literally after a half hour, they found my copy set for return. Then there was an issue of them trying to ring it up for me to purchase since it was ringing up “restricted.” With that coming up, they couldn’t technically sale it. I wasn’t taking that as a conclusion, especially since by this amount of time, I was inconvenienced severely. After having 2 managers and asking for them to contact someone above them, I was told to place my order online again, and then walked out with the game.

I contacted customer service once I got back to my car to explain the situation and the inconvenience of the whole ordeal. They gave me an online credit to use for a future purchase online.

Went to Walmart to pick up my Neo TWEWY. and they said the order got canceled.
Exact same thing happened to me, but I had just parked and called the pickup number … turned out to be this whole big thing where they had my copy but the system wouldn’t allow them to sell it. I’ll admit because I was there and could literally see the copy in their hands, I pulled a bit of a Karen and asked to speak to the manager … no one could “override the system” until the store manager finally said yes a half hour later and then the CSR knew exactly how to process it to sell it for $14.99. It was kind of an ordeal … but I was there and it was a sunk cost fallacy type scenario.

Went to my Walmart and saw that they had a copy of Neo TWEWY and Nier Replicant. I asked the associate if they would price match the website and he said he would check the price for me. He would only check one game though. I didn’t bother to put up a fight and he checked Nier Replicant and it rang up for $40.

He wouldn’t price match so I just thanked him and left. The guy and me both seemed tired, lol.

I briefly saw it available as I was debating in my mind. Only for a short time tho
Damn. Wish they’d restock it like they did for Nier ps4. I know last time I went to Walmart this week they had some instock but app shows none. Cmon walmart, why you always lyinnn

I thought it was an overall pretty decent Black Friday. 
Since Wednesday, I've picked up Lost Judgement, Biomutant, Disgaea 6, Resident Evil Village, Crash 4, Spiderman Miles Morales, Nickelodeon All Star Brawl, Sackboy, Sonic Colors, Kirby Star Allies, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Neo: The World Ends with You, Shin Megami Tensei 3, Monkey Ball Banana Mania, Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for consoles. 

All of those games are around 50% or better, and lots of them are very recent releases. 

Plus I was able to top up my Xbox Live Ultimate/Gamepass for another year and get a $15 gift card for getting a $100 Apple card. 

Sure, if you're being super picky and only want a deal on say, Halo or Metroid Dread, then you're probably saying it was an awful year.   But there were a lot of good deal on a lot of games across numerous genres... and this is before even getting into various digital sales. 

Folks complaining about the lack of physical media sales need a reality check. Physical media sales for games and movies have been fast declining and the way retailers are dropping sales is just a reflection of the market now.

Sony reported last year that physical disc sales made up less than 10 percent of its game sales. It's highly likely it's even lower on Xbox. In short, conmpanies don't care about disc sales, and are now selling those items to a niche market. No need for sales on such items. Either pay more to buy them, or go buy digital - that's what the publishers want, anyways.

Get used to seeing few to no sales on game discs and movies. That's where the industry is headed. If you still wantgame discs and blurays and 4ks, the answer from the industry is simple: Pay more for them.

The lack of disc sales is less a supply problem, and more a demand reality. There isn't demand for them anymore.

Sony didn’t say that at all. In fact earlier this year digital sales went down from being 59% of sales on PS to 53%, likely impacted by the pandemic easing in some places.

There have been tons of great physical game sales this BF. Anyone saying otherwise missed out. Switch first party games for $26, big third party games for $15-$30, heck on all platforms the physical game sale prices for BF have been $5-$20 lower than the digital prices on eshop, PSN, XBN across the board

There is still tremendous demand for physical games sales, what bubble are you living in? And also, PS5 digital model sales are reported to be like 10 or 20% of all units sold so consumers seem to prefer having the option of physical

Prob right about movies, but that is more a function of streaming services, rather than people buying digital movies to own.

You couldn’t be more off base about video games. Literally everything that was on sale physical was cheaper than it’s digital counterpart. Those physical games go on sale ALL THE TIME via price lowering, sales, B2G1. The digital copies are much rarer on sale and when they are the sale prices are worse.

Literally the opposite of everything you said.

I keep seeing people say how bad the sales were this year. I feel like they were great.

If you took advantage of the b2g1 at GameStop including the b2g1 new that was in effect for a night, you got tons of new releases for cheap. Bought 15 first party switch games in total for about $28 each on average, as well as a bunch of new titles for like 50-60% off their normal MSRP. Also got some nice boomerangs to make the cost even cheaper.

I keep seeing people say how bad the sales were this year. I feel like they were great.

If you took advantage of the b2g1 at GameStop including the b2g1 new that was in effect for a night, you got tons of new releases for cheap. Bought 15 first party switch games in total for about $28 each on average, as well as a bunch of new titles for like 50-60% off their normal MSRP. Also got some nice boomerangs to make the cost even cheaper.
Yeah sadly I didn’t get to hop on that new b2g1 deal but glad they brought back b2g1 for pre owned. I pretty much have all I wanted except Alan wake, oddworld ps4 and just a few games that can wait

gamestop killed it
only thing i wanted was b1g1 to happen again but i get its asking too much

used trade credit from past month for everything so no tax + used reward points in combination with b2g1
actually got sealed games too mostly

everywhere else was meh got a few things cheap on amazon like shadowverse and akiba in b2g1 $20 each
hardly got anything from target/bb/walmart

gamestop killed it
only thing i wanted was b1g1 to happen again but i get its asking too much

used trade credit from past month for everything so no tax + used reward points in combination with b2g1
actually got sealed games too mostly

everywhere else was meh got a few things cheap on amazon like shadowverse and akiba in b2g1 $20 each
hardly got anything from target/bb/walmart
I’m jealous you live in an area where there is no tax with trade credit. Would have helped a lot lol.

If you redeem points for vouchers online, can you use those vouchers in a b2g1? Or only in store

And also, PS5 digital model sales are reported to be like 10 or 20% of all units sold so consumers seem to prefer having the option of physical
In fairness, PS5 Digital is just as hard to find as PS5 with a disc drive. That means that this isn't really a demand issue but a supply issue. Given that they're selling the PS5 Digital at a drastic loss (to recoup down the line with digital sales) it makes sense that they produced less of them.

I’m jealous you live in an area where there is no tax with trade credit. Would have helped a lot lol.
If you redeem points for vouchers online, can you use those vouchers in a b2g1? Or only in store
i never use online ones cause they just dont work 90% of the time
they probably wouldnt work online with a b2g1, i wouldnt try

they have like never worked with promos until this latest round

i never use online ones cause they just dont work 90% of the time
they probably wouldnt work online with a b2g1, i wouldnt try

they have like never worked with promos until this latest round
Yup $5 points coupon didn’t work on my b2g1 yesterday. What happened to pre owned coupons?

This Black Friday was a let down. Crowds, but light, more like just a regular busy day. Checked out two Walmarts, each had Nier Replicant and THe World Ends with You. Both rang up at like $40. Didn't bother attempting a price match to the website, might try next week.

And did anybody's Walmart have those displays with all the sale movies? For the longest time, Walmart had a ton of movies / TV Seasons on Black Friday, prices from about $2 and up. This year, there was only one small display case with games. Major disappointment. There was hardly any displays for anything. Store looked basically the same
They actually had their movie sale two or three Fridays ago as part of their “deals for days” promo.

That’s why the move to digital isn’t necessarily great for gamers. The cost of gaming is going up.

https://gameranx.com/updates/id/288320/article/ps5-owners-prefer-physical-games-over-digital/

You're wrong. People still would rather have physical games.

And did anybody's Walmart have those displays with all the sale movies? For the longest time, Walmart had a ton of movies / TV Seasons on Black Friday, prices from about $2 and up. This year, there was only one small display case with games. Major disappointment. There was hardly any displays for anything. Store looked basically the same
My Walmart had two aisle display racks full of bf movies/tv seasons out last Monday. (full price) When I stopped in Wednesday night to see if sale prices had started early, the racks were gone. They weren't out yesterday morning either so I asked the regular electronics guy and he said they were part of last weekend's sale and wouldn't be discounted again.

The lack of consistent pricing, start/end dates, and ad previews by all retailers seems stupid. I only spent about 1/3 of my bf budget because I missed deals.

there will be both physical and digital games for awhile. until collectors disappear, digital games have the ability to be shared amongst family without hoop jumping or online check requirements (looking at you nintendo), and walmart decides to not dedicate shelf space to games.

i am mostly digital on my switch because i can’t stand swapping and carrying the little cartridges…problem is that my son is getting his own switch this xmas (currently uses mine) and i don’t like the fact that he can’t use my games without account nonsense (primary/secondary/internet connection)

digital games need family sharing like buying videos from amazon (1 copy of polar express in my account can be watched on any device such as each kids kindle) …otherwise buying 1 physical game makes a lot more sense in a lot of cases.

tldr physical games will continue until one is able to buy a game digitally once that can be used on any of my devices by my account or any family sub accounts without inconvenient stipulations, collectors stop collecting, and walmart has to opt to stop dedicating shelf space.

This Black Friday was a let down. Crowds, but light, more like just a regular busy day. Checked out two Walmarts, each had Nier Replicant and THe World Ends with You. Both rang up at like $40. Didn't bother attempting a price match to the website, might try next week.

The movie section keeps getting smaller at stores. Best Buy didn't even have any sales. The only physical movies I have bought in the past couple of years are old movies that don't stream and steelbooks.

Makes sense. Really wondering if the ps5 was ever available for purchase lol
I was thinking the same thing. I kept refreshing the last two days.

I decided to just buy it through Gamestop for $49.99. I figure eh it’s only $15 more than it would’ve been at Walmart, and still a good chunk off of the original price of $80. I just had to have it.

If I am paying actual cash, I will NEVER buy a digital game if physical is an option and they are the same price. Hate the idea of not owning something tangible

I was thinking the same thing. I kept refreshing the last two days.

I decided to just buy it through Gamestop for $49.99. I figure eh it’s only $15 more than it would’ve been at Walmart, and still a good chunk off of the original price of $80. I just had to have it.
Yeah I ended up buying from GameStop too but before this deal happened. $45 after $5 monthly coupon yet I still feel defeated for not being able to get this for $35 lol

If I am paying actual cash, I will NEVER buy a digital game if physical is an option and they are the same price. Hate the idea of not owning something tangible
Same with a few exceptions. For games you play sporadically over a long time like Minecraft or Animal Crossing, going digital is better since it's annoying to swap physical media every time you play between your current main game. For most games though, I go physical when possible.

I went physical with AC as well, though if it ever hits like $30 digital, I'll double dip for the convenience.

bread's done
Back