Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! One store in my area had 2 left for pick up so I just put an order. Hopefully it all works out. One of the few things I wanted but wasn't able to grab during black Friday.

Long story short, I contacted them and relayed my findings which as it turns out actually did happen and their investigations team issued a refund for the amount that was visible in the purchase history. NOW I need to go back to them and get the rest of the missing balance since they ignored that part of my findings, even though the person I spoke with also saw the same thing and put it in the report. So if you've been using GC's at Target and canceled ANYTHING with them, check your balances to make sure they're refunding you. I've never in my life seen such a huge mistake when it comes to money, from any company. Actually extremely disappointed in them TBH.
Stuff like this is why I try to avoid using gift cards for BF sales or for anything that I think I might return or might get cancelled. At Target, for example, I always buy stuff online or for store pickup with my Red Card. If I have gift cards, they get used in store on household items or groceries - stuff I never have to worry about returning.

I'm pretty sure Gamestop screwed up some of my credit back when I was juggling multiple trade-in cards. I never was able to sort it out but figured I lost at least $100. While I miss having store credit from trade-ins, it is certainly a lot easier now not having to deal with it ;).

Looking at all these Walmart stories, I'm glad I just spent $30 for TWEWY from Amazon. It isn't worth the $15 savings to go to Walmart during the busy shopping season let alone have to hassle with a price match. (Walmarts are not super common where I am so, it involves a 40 mile round trip, for one thing).

Seeing the TWEWY stories makes me glad I paid $40 for a GS “new” gutted copy of it the store in the nearby mall yesterday. Paid most of it with trade credit and the rest with a card. The “closest” Walmart that may have it in stock is at least 45 mins away in another city. No way I’m burning a tank of gas for one game.

[attachment=36438:A49205B9-1587-4CA8-89A2-0D567F1C5691.jpeg]

Walmart started rough with some order cancellations, but turned out ok in the end.

Was able to snag Neo TWEWY online for pickup & no issues price matching Nier in store.

Also ordered the latest Life is strange for Xbox at $15, but not received yet. Lucky to get the steelbooks too

attachicon.gif
A49205B9-1587-4CA8-89A2-0D567F1C5691.jpeg

Walmart started rough with some order cancellations, but turned out ok in the end.

Was able to snag Neo TWEWY online for pickup & no issues price matching Nier in store.
Also ordered the latest Life is strange for Xbox at $15, but not received yet. Lucky to get the steelbooks too
How much was the Mario kart circuit?

Still missing Minecraft Dungeons Hero Ed. Considering stepping into a Wally World. See how tomorrow goes.

Any thoughts on NordVPN: product, customer service, disabling auto pay, cancelling subscription?

Walked through my local Walmart. They had plenty of $25 copies of :switch: Monster Hunter Rise and Hot Wheels Unleashed Bundle. Would have gladly picked up MH for a nephew, but they mostly just play popular stream games like Minecraft and Fortnite.
Should've just went ahead and bought it for him. Help him expand his horizons.

Hey folks. Something is going on with TWEWY. I have been checking for the past two days and they have been out of stock at my local stores. Now it's suddenly in stock at my local on for $15. It's worth looking into if you wanted it.

I drove 35 minutes to  local Walmart pick up Neo: TWEWY (S).  After 20 minutes waiting the lady come out with 2 copies (Neo).  She scanned the item "Not Sale"  Item "recall" and she remove the item.  We can not sell it to you we have to cancel your order.  This is BF item and i go pick up my order and they just cancel like that in front of you without any word "Sorry or Apologize".  I spent 45 minutes call 1 (800) and she hang up on me and call my old phone #. She sent me email "I can't reaches you.  Now i hated Walmart...

I went in and picked up FIFA 22 PS5 for $26. If anyone is wondering - the ps5 and series x versions are ringing up $26 in stores like online. (Despite that they were supposed to be $35 according to the BF ad)

Finally had some good luck with Wal-Mart!

I was able to do 2 separate Store Pickup orders at one store for a Mario Kart Live Luigi set & an XBOX 20th Anniversary Controller for $40 each (using the codes 'WOWFRESH' & 'PAYPAL10' on either order) and got Dying Light Anniversary Edition for PS4 for $15 at another store.

I also got a copy of Hot Wheels Unleashed: Challenge Accepted Edition for Nintendo Switch at the first store, which was still on sale for $25.

I was able to do 2 separate Store Pickup orders at one store for a Mario Kart Live Luigi set & an XBOX 20th Anniversary Controller for $40 each (using the codes 'WOWFRESH' & 'PAYPAL10' on either order) and got Dying Light Anniversary Edition for PS4 for $15 at another store.

I also got a copy of Hot Wheels Unleashed: Challenge Accepted Edition for Nintendo Switch at the first store, which was still on sale for $25.
What’s wowfresh for

got the link for the page with the 20th controller?

Should've just went ahead and bought it for him. Help him expand his horizons.
I would if I thought he'd play it. But when you only play Minecraft and Animal Crossing, MH is too big a jump in difficulty. I'm thinking of getting him Monster Sanctuary. Some platforming, a dash of Pokemon... he may give it a try.

Hello fellow CAGers. Black Friday has come and gone once again, and with it... comes many purchases.

Dragon Quest XI S (14.99)

The Last of Us 2: (19.99)

Shin Megami Tensei: (19.99)

Like a Dragon collection (19.99)

Like a Dragon 7 (19.99)

Used my $20 BB gift card plus I'm getting cash back.

This year was crap. I don't even feel happy about my purchases and these are the games I waited a year for. Getting NieR and NEO at 14.99 would have made my happy. Pricematchazon couldn't even do the 1 thing they've reduced themselves to. smh Anyway, will next year be better? Find out the answer to that and more on the next action packed episode of Black Friday Z! Until next time.

What’s wowfresh for
Both codes are for $10 off your first $50 Curbside/Store Pickup order (but they can't be combined and don't work on shipped items). The controller was $49 so I had to add a $1 item to get the coupon code to work.

got the link for the page with the 20th controller?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Wireless-Controller-20th-Anniversary-Special-Edition/583540158

If it shows 'Out of Stock' without the 'Check availability nearby' button, try changing your home store near the top left on the desktop site to see if any are available near you.

I would if I thought he'd play it. But when you only play Minecraft and Animal Crossing, MH is too big a jump in difficulty. I'm thinking of getting him Monster Sanctuary. Some platforming, a dash of Pokemon... he may give it a try.
no roblox?? what kind of kid is he!

My Black Friday haul

Guardians of The Galaxy $30

Mass Effect Legendary Edition $28

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Pearl Double Pack $70

Life Is Strange True Colors $15

(Had free Best Buy Credit from my job to spend so I was fine paying the extra cash vs getting GoTG/Mass Effect at Wal-Mart)

Hello fellow CAGers. Black Friday has come and gone once again, and with it... comes many purchases.

Dragon Quest XI S (14.99)

The Last of Us 2: (19.99)

Shin Megami Tensei: (19.99)

Like a Dragon collection (19.99)

Like a Dragon 7 (19.99)

Used my $20 BB gift card plus I'm getting cash back.

This year was crap. I don't even feel happy about my purchases and these are the games I waited a year for. Getting NieR and NEO at 14.99 would have made my happy. Pricematchazon couldn't even do the 1 thing they've reduced themselves to. smh Anyway, will next year be better? Find out the answer to that and more on the next action packed episode of Black Friday Z! Until next time.
Dagon Quest Xi, Last of Us 2, and Like a Dragon are easily in my top 10 games of the last decade...excellent haul for you!

My haul:

Guardians 16.99 (gamestop coupon)
Cyberpunk 9.98
Re 8 19.99
Vanguard 39
Deathloop 25
Red dead 2 20
Ac valhala 20
Immortals 15
Ac odyssey 15(ebay)
Ratchet and clank 40(best buy cert)
6 months of gamepass

I was happy overall

Stuff like this is why I try to avoid using gift cards for BF sales or for anything that I think I might return or might get cancelled. At Target, for example, I always buy stuff online or for store pickup with my Red Card. If I have gift cards, they get used in store on household items or groceries - stuff I never have to worry about returning.

I'm pretty sure Gamestop screwed up some of my credit back when I was juggling multiple trade-in cards. I never was able to sort it out but figured I lost at least $100. While I miss having store credit from trade-ins, it is certainly a lot easier now not having to deal with it ;).

Looking at all these Walmart stories, I'm glad I just spent $30 for TWEWY from Amazon. It isn't worth the $15 savings to go to Walmart during the busy shopping season let alone have to hassle with a price match. (Walmarts are not super common where I am so, it involves a 40 mile round trip, for one thing).

Let me add on. Because of Jodou's story, I went back and checked my GCs. I just realized that Target.com charged me for the price match. I'll leave taxes out to be easier to read but basically went like this:

GOTG: $29.99.

Price Match -$5

Charged to Gift Card = $24.99 in one transaction

Charged to second gift card $5

They were the only 2 transactions I had on that day.

Motherfer.

I had a pretty good haul this time. This was my first black Friday with a PlayStation so was busy building up a backlog there too.

Xbox:
Xbox Series X ($500)
Pulse Red controller ($50)
Control Ultimate Edition ($12)
Steamworld Dig ($2.50)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (B2G1 free)

PlayStation:
The Last of us Remastered ($2 after $5 coupon)
Demon's Souls ($40)
The Last of us II ($20)
Spiderman Game of the Year (B2G1 free)
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice ($22)
Uncharted 4 ($10)
Dark Souls 3 - Fire Fades Edition ($13)

I also managed to get quite a few games during the Walmart clearance sale.

The Nioh Collection ($7)
Immortals Fenyx Rising ($4)
The Pathless ($4, finished the game and traded it in too)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy ($2)

I had $100 in trade-in credit at GS from older games and a controller during the bonus events and wiped it clean during black Friday sales.

Now I have such huge backlogs on both Xbox and PS and will probably never finish playing all the games I have bought 😂

The only BF shopping I did was Biomutant Atomic Edition for $118 at amazon and also some 128gb flash drives from amazon.  The ones I use are wearing out and needed some more.  The flash drives also pushed over the requirement for my credit card spend x in 6 months bonus and pretty much made them free.

Edit: Pulled the trigger on Guilty Gear on PS5.  Also grabbed the physical version of Kena on PS5. Not on sale, but want to play it.

How accurate is that Walmart stock checker would love to get my son Neo:TWEWY but it’s showing OOS all over my area

no roblox?? what kind of kid is he!
He plays that too. Also loves Kirby games.

I have another nephew into PC gaming who loves Fortnite, CoD, and Minecraft. Third nephew plays almost entirely Animal Crossing with a bit of Minecraft.

So yeah, no difficult games under their belts yet. I'll keep trying to give them different types of games as they're able to handle them. The PC gamer was over the other day and I had him try Portal. He found the idea cool. Would be fun to see him gain some puzzling skills.

Neo: The World Ends With You - Switch $14.99 is showing as in-stock for pickup at nearly all of the stores in my region, in decent quantities since late last night.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Neo-The-World-Ends-With-You-Square-Enix-Nintendo-Switch-Physical-662248925264/795694396?athbdg=L1100

PS4 version never came back tho.
Still nothing in my area but I was able to place an order at a WM near my office - here's hoping it goes through and I can return the $30 copy I bought from Amazon.

*EDIT* Aaaaand it got cancelled. Oh well.

I just went in store and causally mentioned that it was a lower price on the website and if they could match. I got TWEWY, Nier Replicant and dying light anniversary edition for $15. As long as you have an employee in electronics that doesn't act like saving money comes out of thier personal pockets, that's probably the best chance people have, even if it's clearly a YMMV situation

So my Walmart store pick up order of the 20th anniversary Xbox controller was "delayed", this is definitely getting canceled right?

So my Walmart store pick up order of the 20th anniversary Xbox controller was "delayed", this is definitely getting canceled right?
I had an order for that and it was delayed. They just had none in that store so they shipped me mine from Maine instead. I bet they are just shipping one to your store and you will be able to pick it up once it is there. Have hope.

Got lucky w NieR at Walmart. The guy at electronics was super helpful. He talked to a manager about pricing match getting rejected and she said she can override it as long as it’s sold by Walmart.com. Second time trying at a different location. The first time was a nightmare.

My Black Friday haul

Guardians of The Galaxy $30

Mass Effect Legendary Edition $28

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Pearl Double Pack $70

Life Is Strange True Colors $15

(Had free Best Buy Credit from my job to spend so I was fine paying the extra cash vs getting GoTG/Mass Effect at Wal-Mart)
Nice haul! Where was the Pokemon deal?

Got my pickup notification for the 20th anniversary Xbox controller at Walmart. Pick up took less than a minute. One of the main things bi wanted to grab so glad I got in on it at the last minute.

$50, still available online
They had both Mario & Luigi versions for $50 each
Well, crap, I would have bought that (Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit for Switch) had I known earlier. It is like $80 now at Walmart. It is $70 at Amazon - still a bit too high for me. I would have bought for $50 though.

And, yeah, I'm seeing TWEWY at $15 now at Walmart, but not available at any stores in my state and delivery "may be restricted" to my zip code. What kind of nonsense is that? Can't add it to cart.

bread's done
Back