Black Friday Videogame 2022 List and General Discussion

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to another Black Friday year! Here are all the current BF videogame deals. Deals will not be active until either Black Friday or Black Friday week. Join the discord for more up to date deal finds.

*Will update when ads are released.

--Current Ads--

Target

Amazon (early BF deals)

Best Buy (early BF deals)

Gamestop

NewEgg

Meijer

--Consoles--

:switch: Nintendo Switch Red & Blue Mario Kart 8 Bundle ($300 Meijer, Gamestop)

:switch: Nintendo Switch OLED Gray or Neon ($350 Meijer)

:xb1: Xbox Series S ($250 NewEgg, Gamestop)

:xb1: Xbox Series S Holiday Bundle 2022 Console ($250 Meijer) - Reference

--Games--

:xb1:  :ps4: A Plague Tale: Requiem (PS5, XSX $39 Gamestop)

:switch: Animal Crossing ($35 Gamestop, $40 Meijer)

:xb1:   :ps4: Battlefield 2042 (PS4, XB1 $10 Best Buy, PS5, XSX $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Crash Team Racing - Nitro Fueled (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles (PS4, XB1 $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Destroy All Humans 2 (PS5, XSX $29 Gamestop)

:switch: Digimon Survive (Switch $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: DOOM Eternal (PS4, XB1 $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4: Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance (PS5, XSX $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Dying Light 2 (PS4, XB1 $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Elden Ring (PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:   :switch: Family Feud (PS4, XB1, NSW $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4:  :switch: FIFA 23 (Switch $17 Gamestop, PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:switch: Fire Emblem Three Hopes (Switch $39 Gamestop)

:ps4: Gran Turismo 7 ($29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Grand Theft Auto V Premium (PS4, XB1 $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4: Godfall (PS5, XSX $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Grid Legends (PS4, XSX $17 Gamestop)

:xb1: Halo Infinite (Xbox $20 Best Buy)

:switch: Hello Neighbor (NSW $10 Best Buy)

:ps4: Horizon Forbidden West (PS4 $30 Meijer, PS5 $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Iron Harvest Complete Edition (PS5, XSX $10 Best Buy)

:switch: Just Dance 2023 ($35 Gamestop)

:switch: KeyWe (NSW $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: LEGO CITY Undercover (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: LEGO Jurassic World (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: LEGO Harry Potter Collection (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:switch: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (NSW $17 Gamestop)

:switch: LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (NSW $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:   :switch: LEGO The Incredibles (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4: Lost Judgment (PS4, XB1 $15 Best Buy)

:xb1: :ps4: Madden 23 (XB1, PS4 $30 Meijer | PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop, $40 Meijer)

:xb1:  :ps4: Maneater (PS4, XB1 $10 Best Buy)

:switch: Mario Party Superstars (Switch $39 Gamestop)

:switch: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Switch $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: MONOPOLY PLUS + MONOPOLY Madness (PS4, XB1, NSW $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: NBA (PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: New Tales from the Borderlands (PS4, XSX $39 Gamestop)

:xb1: :ps4: NHL 23 (XB1, PS4 $29 Gamestop, $30 Meijer | PS5, XSX $40 Meijer)

:xb1:   :ps4: Persona 5 Royal (PS4, XSX $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PS4, XB1, NSW $10 - $20 Best Buy)

:ps4: Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (PS5 $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Saint's Row (PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Sonic Colors Ultimate (PS4, XB1 $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Soul Hackers 2 (PS5, XSX $29 Gamestop)

:ps4: Spider Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (PS5 $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Spyro Trilogy (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:switch: Super Mario Party ($40 Meijer)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania (PS4, XB1, NSW $15 Best Buy)

:switch: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch $35 Gamestop, $40 Meijer)

:switch: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: The Witcher 3 Complete Edition (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: The Quarry (XSX, PS4 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction (PS4, XS1 $12 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 ($29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4, XB1 $12 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: WWE 2K22 (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4, XB1 $20 Best Buy)

--Other Gaming Deals--

Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Gamestop

• All Pre-owned XB1 and PS4 games

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Select Games at Meijer including;

• :xb1: Battlefield 1
  • :ps4: Far Cry 4
  • :ps4: Resident Evil 7 Biohazzard
  • :ps4: Star Wars Battlefront 2
  • :ps4: UFC 3
  • :xb1: Watch Dogs

Save $10 w/ coupon printed at checkout (in store only) at Meijer including;

• :ps4: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • :ps4: God of War Ragnorok
  • :switch: Mario Strikers: Battle League
  • :switch: Nintendo Switch Sports
  • :switch: Pokemon Scarlet
  • :switch: Pokemon Violet
  • :switch: Splatoon 3
  • :switch: Super Smash Bros Ultimate

--Accessories--

:ps4: PlayStation 5 DualSense Controllers ($50 Meijer)

:xb1: Xbox Series Controllers ($50 - $55 Meijer, Save $10 Gamestop)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been asked before but is bf basically non existent this year? In other words, will there be anymore new sales on Friday or have they already been released?
Pretty sure last year, there were decent deals on BF itself, on Cyber Monday, and then the weeks after... I don't think most retailers bother to advertise their sales as much anymore, because they know they'll just have to end up matching whoever has the best price.

How in the did you beat it at 50 hours... and the platinum too?? Did you skip every cutscene? how did you get to level 100?

The last chapter or two was just... bad. I fell asleep 'playing' a couple nights in a row. And by playing I mean watching THREE HOURS of nonstop cutscenes with zero gameplay.
Yeah got the plat, didnt skip story cutscenes, but some of the skits I did fast forward cause they were just boring, and having to watch 300+ skits is just meh. Leveling to 100 was easy, just fought the otherworld bosses over and over, and make sure to have exp gear and eat exp food.

I just bought Soul Hackers 2 from Amazon for 29$, hope its good fun.

Feels a lot more muted this year … all the companies started throwing out decent deals without publishing or leaking ads. Just made it feel sporadic and less fun. Much harder to actually figure out what was on sale because all the big companies used apps with games listed, but not static ads that are easier to browse. Kind of a bummer if this is the new norm for Black Friday moving forward.

I bought it. I've heard the game is great and I don't plan on getting a PS5 until a few more years have passed. Plus I would rather play with the original character design rather than the Tom Holland look-alike in the PS5 version.
Yeah, I don't know why they changed Peter like that. Let him actually look a few years older instead of being a perpetual baby. Anyway, if you want to actually feel like Spider-Man, this is the game for you.

Feels a lot more muted this year … all the companies started throwing out decent deals without publishing or leaking ads. Just made it feel sporadic and less fun. Much harder to actually figure out what was on sale because all the big companies used apps with games listed, but not static ads that are easier to browse. Kind of a bummer if this is the new norm for Black Friday moving forward.
They probably figured out if they spread sales out that people spent more money. That's not even looking at the rise of online marketplaces.

None of the games on my wish list went on sale this year, but this has been the best black Friday for me in five years or so. I got all of my Christmas shopping done with some great non-gaming deals there and was able to pick up some games to try out on the cheap.

I'd definitely recommend it for this price. It's a lot of fun, and definitely washes the taste of the prior one out of one's palate. But fire up the demo and try it first, just to ensure you like it.
have you played tales of arise? I just beat it this week at 94 hours of gameplay. Generally I change genres after I finish a game. Watching some videos of star ocean, the gameplay looks to be the same as tales.

have you played tales of arise? I just beat it this week at 94 hours of gameplay. Generally I change genres after I finish a game. Watching some videos of star ocean, the gameplay looks to be the same as tales.
I've played both and beat both (well one character's story in Star Ocean since there are two). I would say Star Ocean is similar to Tails but at the same time a little different. Combat in Star Ocean is about learning to dodge and not get hit to keep your combat points high since you gain combat points by attacking and lose by taking damage. Plus Star Ocean has a huge crafting element to it which can supplement buying items/gear, and also Star Ocean is a sci fi series. I would say give the demo a go, but I got about $40 worth of fun out of Star Ocean for the 35 hours I spent on it.

I can confirm that the $25 Xbox cards are ringing up for 20% off at Dollar General. Today only, in-store only. I got $50 for $40.
The Dollar General I went to had the multi-pack ones in a different spot but I found them after some confusion and the PSN cards worked fine. They are $30 normally and then the 20% discount knocks them to 24.

I've played both and beat both (well one character's story in Star Ocean since there are two). I would say Star Ocean is similar to Tails but at the same time a little different. Combat in Star Ocean is about learning to dodge and not get hit to keep your combat points high since you gain combat points by attacking and lose by taking damage. Plus Star Ocean has a huge crafting element to it which can supplement buying items/gear, and also Star Ocean is a sci fi series. I would say give the demo a go, but I got about $40 worth of fun out of Star Ocean for the 35 hours I spent on it.
that is somewhat refreshing to hear. Tales of arise drug on and on. I forced myself to finish it. 100 hour games just aren’t for me anymore.

Didn’t see if it was mentioned yet but if u need a year of PlayStation Plus Essential is $45.99 through the PlayStation Store if you need a year. I did the Target deal bought 2 $25 gift cards to do the 15% off for $46.25 to take advantage of the PlayStation deal.

If you're in Texas/near an heb...the My HEB app has a coupon for spending $100 on certain gift cards (bestbuy being one) and getting a free $25 HEB gift card. So you should be able to use the $100 BB card to get psn/steam/Xbox etc credit and use the $25 heb gift card to get credit as well. Takes a little driving but worth it imo

Did Tekken 7: Definitive Edition actually go on sale on Xbox Live?  I don't see that price, listed in Cheapy D's Tweet.  Seeing $119.99 when it says on sale for $17.99.

that is somewhat refreshing to hear. Tales of arise drug on and on. I forced myself to finish it. 100 hour games just aren’t for me anymore.
Arise has the plot dump which was described by many as 3 hours of scenes. So that and the poor pacing after part 2 coupled with the over leveled enemies (summons are optional besides fire) with super bloated hp and low damage output from your end doesn't help.

Whoever set up the earth temple was a sadist. I managed to beat that one first at the start of the section. I was under lv 35 iirc and the bosses is lv 70-75+ and average enemies lv is between 56-70. I think I needed all my items and kited while spamming aerial attacks as rinwell for hours.

Overall I felt arise was passable and suffered a lot of the same problems as zesteria had. Minus the huge forced backtracking and bad translation. But it seems like these days many games are too long and padded out. I don't need every title to be a 70+ hours behemoth like persona and trails series. Especially Ys. I miss when they were a 24 hour affair.

So far my haul has been:

Best Buy

$40 Sonic Frontiers(PS5)

$25 TMNT Cowabunga Collection( Switch)

$10 Dune (4K)

Amazon

$20 Neo: The World Ends With You ( Switch; Had $10 from the Venmo promo to use so that was a no brainer)

$10 Zack Snyder's Justice League(4K)

Walmart

$10 Everything, Everywhere, All at once(4K)

$20 Dying Light 2 (Xbox digital code)

GameStop

$17 Digimon Survive (Switch)

And for sh!ts and giggles...

$70 CoD MW2 because of FOMO ( I know it was on sale physically for $50 but I still wanted it digital)

I got $40 to use on Steam and $26 on the Xbox store so I'm debating on getting Evil West for PC

Will gamestop be open today or tomorrow?
The "essential" ones are open today, for all those Thanksgiving Day emergencies. /s

EStarland is giving 10 off 50 or 25 off 100. Usable on GoW Ragnarok (promoted for it) which might be the only BF deal for it.

https://www.estarland.com/Thanksgiving2022

$10 OFF with $50 Purchase (promocode: THANKS10)
$25 OFF with $100 Purchase (promocode: THANKS25)

My son is looking for a $10 deal on Resident evil 1 and 3 for xbox one. Used is fine, physical copy not digital.

Thanks for the help

For those looking for the switch version of TMNT Cowabunga collection for $20 on target but having it constantly be out of stock it is now up on Amazon for $20.

Both are similar, but have some differences. I'd say the exploration between both goes in 3 dimensions, yes. But there's one exploration mechanic in SO that ToA does not have, and it is a lot of fun in practice.

Lately, action RPGs have been on the rise with popularity. Stranger of Paradise, SO6, VE, and ToA pretty much encompass the action RPG with some differences between them. But I am liking their approach. Turn-based was what I started with as a kid/teen, but I grew into action RPGs over the years.

My son is looking for a $10 deal on Resident evil 1 and 3 for xbox one. Used is fine, physical copy not digital.

Thanks for the help
You're not gonna get both for $10 as far as I'm aware, but Gamestop has B2G1 used PS4/XB1 games right now. RE3 is $13 and RE Origins(0 and 1) is $12, get a free game with it too.

Thanks for the help
Resident Evil 3 is $20 new, $15 used - complete on eStarland above. Resident Evil Origins Collection is $15 and change used - complete as well.

If you want both, and can find another $20 worth of Xbox One games to add in, the $10 off $50+ promo is valid in an earlier post above. That ought to get you both for $10/each as used - complete, and physical.

Resident Evil 3 is $20 new, $15 used - complete on eStarland above. Resident Evil Origins Collection is $15 and change used - complete as well.

If you want both, and can find another $20 worth of Xbox One games to add in, the $10 off $50+ promo is valid in an earlier post above. That ought to get you both for $10/each as used - complete, and physical.
Thanks so much, you are making his day! 👍🏻

Did Tekken 7: Definitive Edition actually go on sale on Xbox Live? I don't see that price, listed in Cheapy D's Tweet. Seeing $119.99 when it says on sale for $17.99.
Yeah, the price was definitely on the Xbox site in the early days of the sale. Sometimes they don't hold everything for the full duration.

bread's done
Back