Black Friday Videogame 2022 List and General Discussion

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to another Black Friday year! Here are all the current BF videogame deals. Deals will not be active until either Black Friday or Black Friday week. Join the discord for more up to date deal finds.

*Will update when ads are released.

--Current Ads--

Target

Amazon (early BF deals)

Best Buy (early BF deals)

Gamestop

NewEgg

Meijer

--Consoles--

:switch: Nintendo Switch Red & Blue Mario Kart 8 Bundle ($300 Meijer, Gamestop)

:switch: Nintendo Switch OLED Gray or Neon ($350 Meijer)

:xb1: Xbox Series S ($250 NewEgg, Gamestop)

:xb1: Xbox Series S Holiday Bundle 2022 Console ($250 Meijer) - Reference

--Games--

:xb1:  :ps4: A Plague Tale: Requiem (PS5, XSX $39 Gamestop)

:switch: Animal Crossing ($35 Gamestop, $40 Meijer)

:xb1:   :ps4: Battlefield 2042 (PS4, XB1 $10 Best Buy, PS5, XSX $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Crash Team Racing - Nitro Fueled (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles (PS4, XB1 $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Destroy All Humans 2 (PS5, XSX $29 Gamestop)

:switch: Digimon Survive (Switch $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: DOOM Eternal (PS4, XB1 $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4: Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance (PS5, XSX $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Dying Light 2 (PS4, XB1 $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Elden Ring (PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:   :switch: Family Feud (PS4, XB1, NSW $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4:  :switch: FIFA 23 (Switch $17 Gamestop, PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:switch: Fire Emblem Three Hopes (Switch $39 Gamestop)

:ps4: Gran Turismo 7 ($29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Grand Theft Auto V Premium (PS4, XB1 $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4: Godfall (PS5, XSX $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Grid Legends (PS4, XSX $17 Gamestop)

:xb1: Halo Infinite (Xbox $20 Best Buy)

:switch: Hello Neighbor (NSW $10 Best Buy)

:ps4: Horizon Forbidden West (PS4 $30 Meijer, PS5 $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Iron Harvest Complete Edition (PS5, XSX $10 Best Buy)

:switch: Just Dance 2023 ($35 Gamestop)

:switch: KeyWe (NSW $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: LEGO CITY Undercover (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: LEGO Jurassic World (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: LEGO Harry Potter Collection (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:switch: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (NSW $17 Gamestop)

:switch: LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (NSW $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:   :switch: LEGO The Incredibles (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4: Lost Judgment (PS4, XB1 $15 Best Buy)

:xb1: :ps4: Madden 23 (XB1, PS4 $30 Meijer | PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop, $40 Meijer)

:xb1:  :ps4: Maneater (PS4, XB1 $10 Best Buy)

:switch: Mario Party Superstars (Switch $39 Gamestop)

:switch: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Switch $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: MONOPOLY PLUS + MONOPOLY Madness (PS4, XB1, NSW $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: NBA (PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: New Tales from the Borderlands (PS4, XSX $39 Gamestop)

:xb1: :ps4: NHL 23 (XB1, PS4 $29 Gamestop, $30 Meijer | PS5, XSX $40 Meijer)

:xb1:   :ps4: Persona 5 Royal (PS4, XSX $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PS4, XB1, NSW $10 - $20 Best Buy)

:ps4: Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (PS5 $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Saint's Row (PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Sonic Colors Ultimate (PS4, XB1 $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Soul Hackers 2 (PS5, XSX $29 Gamestop)

:ps4: Spider Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (PS5 $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Spyro Trilogy (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:switch: Super Mario Party ($40 Meijer)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania (PS4, XB1, NSW $15 Best Buy)

:switch: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch $35 Gamestop, $40 Meijer)

:switch: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: The Witcher 3 Complete Edition (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: The Quarry (XSX, PS4 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction (PS4, XS1 $12 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 ($29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4, XB1 $12 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: WWE 2K22 (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4, XB1 $20 Best Buy)

--Other Gaming Deals--

Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Gamestop

• All Pre-owned XB1 and PS4 games

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Select Games at Meijer including;

• :xb1: Battlefield 1
  • :ps4: Far Cry 4
  • :ps4: Resident Evil 7 Biohazzard
  • :ps4: Star Wars Battlefront 2
  • :ps4: UFC 3
  • :xb1: Watch Dogs

Save $10 w/ coupon printed at checkout (in store only) at Meijer including;

• :ps4: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • :ps4: God of War Ragnorok
  • :switch: Mario Strikers: Battle League
  • :switch: Nintendo Switch Sports
  • :switch: Pokemon Scarlet
  • :switch: Pokemon Violet
  • :switch: Splatoon 3
  • :switch: Super Smash Bros Ultimate

--Accessories--

:ps4: PlayStation 5 DualSense Controllers ($50 Meijer)

:xb1: Xbox Series Controllers ($50 - $55 Meijer, Save $10 Gamestop)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the first of my BF packages arrived... at the wrong address. I love that Fedex now provides pictures now, makes it easier to see that they delivered to the wrong address. This is the 2nd package FedEx has lost in the last 2 months, not mentioning a few other packages that were misrouted/took forever to arrive and one that arrived pretty badly damaged. I have had few issues with any of the major carriers, but FedEx has been on a shit-streak as of late.

Sucks the games are out of stock...

EDIT* is P5 Royal Steelbook edition in stock anywhere? Guessing not.
Not in-stock but amazon had it a couple times today. The price was going back and forth between $24.99 and $29.99 though. Might want to keep an eye out on there. PS5 link but you can pick the other console.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BFHY5FCP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well the first of my BF packages arrived... at the wrong address. I love that Fedex now provides pictures now, makes it easier to see that they delivered to the wrong address. This is the 2nd package FedEx has lost in the last 2 months, not mentioning a few other packages that were misrouted/took forever to arrive and one that arrived pretty badly damaged. I have had few issues with any of the major carriers, but FedEx has been on a shit-streak as of late.
If I can count on my hand how many times I’ve had packages get delivered to the wrong address. They don’t always provide pictures what makes it even more fun. I’ve had this happen so many times in my lifetime not with just fedex, ups has done it a couple times as well. Fedex has done it the most I will say, I’ve had the most issues with them not to mention some packages coming completely damaged.

If I can count on my hand how many times I’ve had packages get delivered to the wrong address. They don’t always provide pictures what makes it even more fun. I’ve had this happen so many times in my lifetime not with just fedex, ups has done it a couple times as well. Fedex has done it the most I will say, I’ve had the most issues with them not to mention some packages coming completely damaged.
Same, I've taken 3 deliveries from FedEx. Only one actually showed up, and it was a replacement for the second order that I never received. I had UPS mess up once, but it was actually a coworker's fault for obscuring the label (the last digit of the address was misread because it was partially covered). Amazon's failed to deliver one package as well, but they've been the most reliable, in terms of error rate. They even call and tell you when they need help finding your place, if they have issues.

Finally done with Gamestop BS after so many years. Decided to try Amazon. When I went to check out, I was offered to sign up for an Amazon store card with a free $100 instant gift card. Got approved and got $100 worth of games for free. Even better had the wife do the same on her Amazon account. Wound up ordering $205 worth of Black Friday games and paying only $5. By far my best BF ever.

I think it was in stock at Amazon however it was 5 bucks more or something.

Actually got my packages this time from Walmart by fedex and it was delivered in front of my apartment’s mailboxes instead of infront of my door. It annoyed me since they took a pic of it so close that u couldn’t tell exactly where it was

Actually had a weird thing happen to me with Tiny Tina from Walmart. I grabbed it on PS5 the other day for $20, it showed up today, it arrived in a Walmart box, inside a Walmart plastic bag. I opened the game, redeemed the code while waiting for the disc to install, the code worked fine, but then I got a disc error, and it said it was unable to read the disc. Upon closer inspection of the game, the disc is a CD, not blu-ray, and the graphic on front is faded and disoriented, almost like someone burned a fake copy, but it was still sealed when I got it.

Doing a refund to Walmart, but now they can’t replace it, only refund.

Finally done with Gamestop BS after so many years. Decided to try Amazon. When I went to check out, I was offered to sign up for an Amazon store card with a free $100 instant gift card. Got approved and got $100 worth of games for free. Even better had the wife do the same on her Amazon account. Wound up ordering $205 worth of Black Friday games and paying only $5. By far my best BF ever.
did you have a Prime membership beforehand? might try it out right now...

Fun game, for a short while. Drags on halfway through. Just beat it at 94 hours in game time.
I'll probably regret not getting it, considering I found out I had money left over on a gift card from last Christmas but hopefully I can get it $20 or less down the road. Didn't get mostly cause I have scarlet nexus and others. I can also live without the dlc costumes there not that worthy of high price.

Well, my haul, all for Switch...

Persona 5 Royal (BB)

Nier Automata (Target)

Asassin's Creed Ezio Collection (BB)

Still waiting on...

Death's Gambit: Afterlife (BB)

Trying to decide if I need...

Demon Slayer Hinokami Chronicles (Walmart)

Fire Emblem Three Hopes (Amazon)

Okay I'm refreshing my Gamestop Orders page, and everytime I refresh it shows me a different set of orders.

These are not my orders. 

Its showing me someone else's orders.

I feel like I heard of this happening before? Anyone else get this?

I went ahead and jumped on the Rakuten referral link. Just to be clear, can I make any number of purchases before the deadline, as long as their combined total is at least $40?

Okay I'm refreshing my Gamestop Orders page, and everytime I refresh it shows me a different set of orders.

These are not my orders.

Its showing me someone else's orders.

I feel like I heard of this happening before? Anyone else get this?
Holy shit....uhhhh...yup, sure is.

After hitting refresh a few times it's cycling between 3-4 different people

I went ahead and jumped on the Rakuten referral link. Just to be clear, can I make any number of purchases before the deadline, as long as their combined total is at least $40?
Rakuten during the period beginning 12:01AM ET November 18, 2022 and ending 11:59PM ET December 1, 2022 (“Offer Period”) and makes Qualifying Purchase(s) totaling at least $40 within 90 days of signing up.

On that note this is hilarious I was getting put into a different account every refresh with gamestop. Someone at corporate is gonna hear something in the am.

I'm (hopefully) done. My haul:

Amazon:
:ps5: Demon's Souls - $15 ($25 - Discover promo)
:ps5: Ghost of Tsushima DC - $18 ($30 - Discover promo)
:ps4: Kena Bridge of Spirits - $14 ($23 - Discover promo)
:xb1: Sonic Frontiers - $18 ($29 - Discover promo)
:switch: Sonic Frontiers - $29 - gift for nephew
:switch: Bayonetta 3 - $35 ($45 - $10 locker pickup promo)
:switch: Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes - $30

Best Buy:
:switch: Immortals Fenyx Rising - $10 - gift for brother-in-law

Walmart:
PS5 controller (black) - $39 ($49 - $10 paypal coupon)

Dollar General:
$60 Xbox gc pack - $48

Costco:
iPad Pro 11" 3rd Gen 512GB - $750

Woot:
Apple Pencil 2nd gen - $75 ($85 - $10 coupon)

Last day/Saturday for the 20% off $25 Xbox gift cards and Ultimate Game Pass cards at Dollar General.

Has anyone tried using a multi-domination Xbox gift card with this deal?  I really don't want to make the Dollar General employee ring up 20 $25 Xbox gift cards.

Last day/Saturday for the 20% off $25 Xbox gift cards and Ultimate Game Pass cards at Dollar General.
Has anyone tried using a multi-domination Xbox gift card with this deal? I really don't want to make the Dollar General employee ring up 20 $25 Xbox gift cards.
If you are talking about the 3 pack of 20, yes it works on that one.

I used your link.

Now somebody do me a solid and use mine

https://www.rakuten.com/r/STANLE7607?eeid=28187
Thanks! Your user name reminds me of this

7b04dbb9-36be-48b9-8910-a73976b9b1f8_text.gif

I don't know if this has been mentioned.  Last day today, save 15% on select gaming gift cards at Family Dollar.  Pictured cards are Nintendo Online, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, and Fortnite.

Actually had a weird thing happen to me with Tiny Tina from Walmart. I grabbed it on PS5 the other day for $20, it showed up today, it arrived in a Walmart box, inside a Walmart plastic bag. I opened the game, redeemed the code while waiting for the disc to install, the code worked fine, but then I got a disc error, and it said it was unable to read the disc. Upon closer inspection of the game, the disc is a CD, not blu-ray, and the graphic on front is faded and disoriented, almost like someone burned a fake copy, but it was still sealed when I got it.

Doing a refund to Walmart, but now they can’t replace it, only refund.

Update, took it back to Walmart, they were as befuddled as I was, but they returned it and swapped it out with little issue. Still never seen a fake copy of a game in a sealed game case though. Very bizarre.

Update, took it back to Walmart, they were as befuddled as I was, but they returned it and swapped it out with little issue. Still never seen a fake copy of a game in a sealed game case though. Very bizarre.
I used to work in CD/DVD production, you can just order DVD case shrinkwrap sleeves, and all it takes is a heat gun or a hair dryer to make them look close enough to professional shrinkwrap.

Glad you were able to get it swapped out though. It just adds to my paranoia about opening boxes and stuff not being in there.

I once bought a printer cartridge from target, and inside was an open used cartridge that someone must have previously bought, swapped, resealed, and returned.

My Black Friday (week) haul (yes, I'm finally done) :shock: :

Amazon Warehouse

128 gb Sandisk flash drive for my Raspberry Pi - $11

Power switch for my Raspberry Pi - $6

Three pack of 16 gb Sandisk memory cards for my Raspberry Pi (detect a pattern?) - $15

Big Lots

Fuller House (DVD,S1-S3) - $7

Dollar General 

Two $25 Xbox Live gift cards - $40

Target

Far Cry 6 (XB1) - $14.99

Guardians of the Galaxy (XB1) - $14.99

Lost Judgment (PS4) - $14.99

Sonic Colors Ultimate Edition (XB1) - $14.99

Xbox Series X system - $499.99

Walmart 

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (DVD, S6) - $9.99

Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition (XB1) - $9.99

Green Lantern: Beware My Power (Blu-Ray + digital code) - $7.99

The Flash (DVD, S8) - $9.99

The Suicide Squad (DVD + digital code) - $5.99

Between Big Lots and Walmart, I also bought a bunch of DC action figures and Halo Mega Construx playsets, but I will spare you guys the details about those.  :speaktothehand:

Stop defending these jokers. New is NEW - he's meant to get what was advertised and he paid for.

"Has to go into the store to beg and plead for the promised item"... SMFH.
this has been on going on for like 20 years it’s nothing new. You’re not meant to keep calling till you get a new sealed copy. if you want “NEW” shop somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this has been on going on for like 20 years it’s nothing new. You’re not meant to keep calling till you get a new sealed copy. if you want “NEW” shop somewhere else

I fully support the continued balking at GameStop's bull. Give them as much hell as they deserve.

I was very tempted to get some of the Rockman collections from gamestop this year, but I got as far as putting them in the cart and thinking it over for a day or so but decided in the end not to bother with this because I don't want to play the game of getting some unsealed product that's not new but sold as new. I forsake giving them business many years ago but more power to those who want to continue to purchase from them and give them hell until they get what they are actually advertising.

I fully support the continued balking at GameStop's bull. Give them as much hell as they deserve.

I was very tempted to get some of the Rockman collections from gamestop this year, but I got as far as putting them in the cart and thinking it over for a day or so but decided in the end not to bother with this because I don't want to play the game of getting some unsealed product that's not new but sold as new. I forsake giving them business many years ago but more power to those who want to continue to purchase from them and give them hell until they get what they are actually advertising.
They gut new copies because it's fucking stupid to put live products on the floor, and it's extremely wasteful to print art for every title in stock. Don't like it? Make sure you preorder what you want or go to Walmart and wait half an hour for them to find someone with keys to the game case. Or order from Amazon and have to wait a couple of days.

They gut new copies because it's fucking stupid to put live products on the floor, and it's extremely wasteful to print art for every title in stock. Don't like it? Make sure you preorder what you want or go to Walmart and wait half an hour for them to find someone with keys to the game case. Or order from Amazon and have to wait a couple of days.

Justify it all you want. There are cheap alternatives such as printing a two-sided piece of paper to put on the shelf to advertise such a product slide it into a exchangeable case and there we go. In no way, shape, or form is that too expensive. No need to falsely advertise a new product that is no longer new.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

If Gamestop wants to moronically gut copies, fine, that's their prerogative. But don't sell them as new. Because they aren't new.

Their stupid logic is "It's still new because the discs have never been inside a console" which in itself is sometimes a lie, because I know people who've worked at Gamestop who take those gutted copies home and play them. But if they arbitrarily decide an opened game is "new" that has fingerprint smudges all over it. That's like expecting a customer to be satisfied with a pizza that someone picked at with their fingers and claiming it's good and fresh because no one took a bite out of it yet.

And by the way, the irony is, they have a return policy that says you can't return opened games for a refund. How does one not see the hypocrisy in that. I thought games were still "brand new" if they haven't been inserted in a console, yet they won't accept back opened games for a refund even if you claim it hasn't been inserted in a console. They don't even follow their own logic when it doesn't benefit them monetarily.

bread's done
Back