Black Friday

Spafon

CAGiversary!
I never really have paid much attention to Black Friday before, but every time a CAG is debating buying a game somebody always argues that it will be dirt cheap for Black Friday. Just wondering, really, how good are the Black Friday deals? Any examples from last year?

From the way everybody talks I am going to be deeply disappointed if I do not find every game I want for 3 cents including shipping.

Well keep your browser open to Amazon.com with the refresh button handy on Black Friday that's for sure.

I'd love to see some good examples from last year myself, but I do know that Amazon always has solid deals.

Sam is right, Amazon had a lot of good deals on games last year. That is where I bought all my games last BF.

[quote name='Spafon']
From the way everybody talks I am going to be deeply disappointed if I do not find every game I want for 3 cents including shipping.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. People are delusional when it comes to BF. They act like every game ever is going to be on sale for incredibly cheap.

[quote name='Spafon']Ah, thanks for that. Some good deals, but doesn't seem as mythical as everyone is making it out to be. Good to know.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that a lot of those games listed were newer releases back then. New Vegas for $40 doesn't look like much now, but it had only been out a month or two then.

I think in general the games prices/sales have been getting better at other times also. Not completely offsetting BF, but when you factor in time/hassle/limited quantities I think that it often doesn't pay to make that special effort just for games unless you already have other items you'll be out and about to purchase on BF. And of course, there's online, but again a good CAG can get great deals other times than just BF.

Well last year I ended up getting:
KZ2 - $10
Infamous - $10
Metal Gear Solid - $10
A few others I can't think of atm. Basically previous hit titles were on sale. I remember ending up with 8-9 games in the end, not paying more than $12 for any single game.

If you're expecting for a huge sale on a recent game, don't hold your breath. There will be sales but not as great as you think.

i personally think the random year round deals, trumps those black friday sales, on black friday u have to deal with a crowd of vicious shoppers who are looking to just get things because there is a deal rather than actually getting what they want, not too mention the majority of the items on sale will probably run out fast. And then you're stuck with items that have only been marked down 20%. The sales aren't really worth it, and black friday is also the time I'm on vacation so i'll probably won't have any time to even care about them unless they are online and in stock but i'm not gonna deal with Black Friday Bronx shoppers

bread's done
Back