Black Label?

[quote name='Richard Kain']I thought it meant it was Tennessee whiskey?[/QUOTE]

I too came in here for the obligatory Whiskey joke. :lol:

[quote name='bleak']Johnny Walker 'Black Label' is Scotch not Whiskey.[/QUOTE]

'Scotch' is a type of Whiskey made in Scotland. Another type of Whiskey would be Bourbon, which is made in Kentucky. Any Whiskey not made in Scotland or Kentucky is usually just called Whiskey.

Johnny Walker is a blended Scotch Whiskey, it wouldn't be inappropriate to call it either a whiskey or a scotch.

Unless you are talking to an actual Scotsman, then there's no chance they will listen to reason, best to kick em in the jacobs and run.

[quote name='Puffa469']'Scotch' is a type of Whiskey made in Scotland. Another type of Whiskey would be Bourbon, which is made in Kentucky. Any Whiskey not made in Scotland or Kentucky is usually just called Whiskey.

Johnny Walker is a blended Scotch Whiskey, it wouldn't be inappropriate to call it either a whiskey or a scotch.

Unless you are talking to an actual Scotsman, then there's no chance they will listen to reason, best to kick em in the jacobs and run.[/QUOTE]

face palm.

[quote name='gbpackers94']face palm.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you sorry you made this thread?

I just checked with the dirty Scot that sits next to me at work. He said they just call it all 'Whiskey'.

Well I guess someone felt compelled to bust out their Wikipedia to prove how smart they are. If you look at the posts above mine they were talking about Tennessee Whiskey, which is guess what smart ass? Bourbon. Thanks for the face palm.

[quote name='bleak']Well I guess someone felt compelled to bust out their Wikipedia to prove how smart they are. If you look at the posts above mine they were talking about Tennessee Whiskey, which is guess what smart ass? Bourbon. Thanks for the face palm.[/QUOTE]

No Wiki my friend. I happen to be an accomplished alcoholic who loves Whiskey, Bourbon, and Scotch. Ok, I maaay have seen a History Channel special on this very subject a while back as well.

And Bourbon is only from Kentucky. If it's from Tennessee, it's not Bourbon, it's Whiskey, lol. Jack Daniels is not Bourbon, it's Whiskey.

But Johnny Walker is both Scotch and Whiskey. Wait... what?

No need to get soo sensetive, have a drink. I have an nice bottle of Sazerac Rye I'll share with you. ;)

bread's done
Back