"Black Man's Pie"

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So... pretend you're in management at a large retailer.

One day, you open the freezer to find a pie. Written on the clear lid to this pie in marker is "Black Man's Pie".

How do you proceed?

Pretend I never saw it because otherwise Obummer the Kenyan Socioislamicmuslim will send secret shoppers out to see if the black mans pie was eaten by the white man.

1. Take it out.
  2. Eat it.
  3. Get a post-it note.
  4. Place tin back with the post-it note inside saying, "Taken by the White Man."
  5. Wait till I hear a complaint about racism from owner of said pie.
  6. Ask him (or her) why he would write such a thing and whether or not he felt as if it was appropriate for the workplace.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']
  1. Take it out.
  2. Eat it.
  3. Get a post-it note.
  4. Place tin back with the post-it note inside saying, "Taken by the White Man."
  5. Wait till I hear a complaint about racism from owner of said pie.
  6. Ask him (or her) why he would write such a thing and whether or not he felt as if it was appropriate for the workplace.
[/QUOTE]
#2 is theft.
#4 is racist.
#5 would actually be a valid complaint and wouldn't necessarily be made by the owner of the pie or the author of the note.
#6 would be nullified by racist action #4.

Summary: You should not be in management.

Actually that sounds like a completely stupid an incompetent way of dealing with the situation, so yeah they probably should be in management.

My bad, I didn't know I had to be helpful or rectify the situation.

In that case, I'd simply leave a post-it on the pie for the owner to please speak with me. And in person, ask him or her if he or she felt as if it was appropriate for the workplace.

Should really clarify these things on the first post...

[quote name='UncleBob']So... pretend you're in management at a large retailer.

One day, you open the freezer to find a pie. Written on the clear lid to this pie in marker is "Black Man's Pie".

How do you proceed?[/QUOTE]

If it's sweet potato, the label is correct, leave the pie alone. If it's any other kind of pie, eat that shit.

[quote name='dohdough']#2 is theft.
#4 is racist.
#5 would actually be a valid complaint and wouldn't necessarily be made by the owner of the pie or the author of the note.
#6 would be nullified by racist action #4.

Summary: You should not be in management.[/QUOTE]

Why would it be racist? The manager's act of consuming the pie would actually validate that social inequities exist :rofl:

Nah, for that to be the case the manager would need to slice a comically large piece for themselves leaving a tiny sliver for the black guy.

Oddly enough, my first thought when I heard about this doesn't even seem to line up with what anyone else was posting.

My first thought was that "Black Man's Pie" was what someone (at some point) named this particular recipe of pie.

I'd eat it as I'm a "Black Man" I'd assume the pie was for me. :)

Better question(s), where did this scenario come from? Uncle Bob's brain? An actual event? Who'd think to do such a thing in the first place?

I dont understand how observational statements are deemed racist, usually by white people as a result of the minority of ignorant blacks who try to push the issues for their own gains.

If I saw that written I would think nothing as the statement is neither, offensive or racist. Its just a slightly confusing statement. I assumed its just some guys pie.

It kinda reminds me of this time when I walked up to two white guys and asked, "do you guys know ____ _____ and can you tell me where he is?" The one white guy said, "Yes, he is that black guy standing over there," The other white guys eyes went wide and he stared at me (as I look like a typical angry black guy, tall, strong, etc the only thing that saves me is that I smile all the time) and looked away.I thanked them and walked away but could here the one white guy say to his friend, "dude you cant say that....its racist...especially to a black guy. You are lucky he didnt kick your ass."

I continue to be just befuddled at how statements get pulled so out of context.

[quote name='IRHari']So what would the 'Black Man's Pie' be, if we're trying to be as stereotypical as possible?[/QUOTE]
Chicken fried crust filled with watermelon accented by an orange crush glaze.

I think you mean grape soda.

You should leave one of these on top of his pie:

hilarious-japanese-cookie-package-8787-1309150095-17.jpg

Translation: Black Melon Pie

WTF?, this makes no sense.

I generally don't touch other peoples stuff whether is racially labeled or not.

If it is in a retail freezer (like a grocery store), It would be removed just like they remove anything else that isn't supposed to be there.

So Black Men aren't supposed to be in retail?!?

It's so fun to distort someone's words and then get all huffy about it. I should do this more often!

[quote name='usickenme']If it is in a retail freezer (like a grocery store), It would be removed just like they remove anything else that isn't supposed to be there.[/QUOTE]

In the break room, of course. :D

[quote name='hostyl1']Better question(s), where did this scenario come from? Uncle Bob's brain? An actual event? Who'd think to do such a thing in the first place?[/QUOTE]

According to the person who told me, whom I have no reason to disbelieve, it's a real event.

[quote name='IRHari']So what would the 'Black Man's Pie' be, if we're trying to be as stereotypical as possible?[/QUOTE]

According to the story, the pie appeared to be something with chunks of Oreo cookies mixed into Cool Whip or such.

But, a quick Google search brings up this Urban Dictionary link.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']That was my first thought as well. It was the capitalization of the wording that led me to believe that.[/QUOTE]

I have to honestly say, I don't know what style it was written in. Perhaps I subconsciously typed it that way based on my initial instinct when hearing the story.

[quote name='UncleBob']Oddly enough, my first thought when I heard about this doesn't even seem to line up with what anyone else was posting.

My first thought was that "Black Man's Pie" was what someone (at some point) named this particular recipe of pie.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']That was my first thought as well. It was the capitalization of the wording that led me to believe that.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, I searched for "black man's pie" in different search engines.

Google: 1st link is to this thread.

Bing: 1st link is "Pie Tshibanda: 'crazy black man in a white man's country'

Yahoo: Cream Pie for Cuckolds...I stopped searching at this point.

As for me, if I were in management and encountered that "Black Man's Pie", and it looked delicious, I would leave a post-it note asking, "Can I have the recipe? This looks delicious. sign name." I would avoid any oddities, that's the safest way to know if this is really a "Black man's pie" or a black man's pie.

An interesting observation - Everyone who's posted seems to be assuming that the owner of the pie is the one who labeled it in this fashion. What about the possibility that a co-worker wrote this on the pie?

Interesting thought.

I'm sure *I* didn't, but I can't comment on the person who relayed this to me. I'll check with them when I get an update.

[quote name='willardhaven'] Are you sure you didn't misread "Blackman's pie"?[/QUOTE]

Oh reading faaaail lolololol.

I wish there was an option to add a poll after you create a thread...

So, it could be either:
A) A pie made from a recipe called "Black Man's Pie"
B) A pie owned and labeled by a black individual.
C) A pie owned by a black individual, but labeled by another individual.
D) A pie owned by an individual who's last name is "Blackman"
E) A pie owned and labeled by a white individual who wanted to intimidate other individuals from eating his/her pie.

My first thought - Bob did your wife Cuckold you again? Poor Poor bob. Still no reason to kill and keep your wife in the freezer, and why o why would you remind yourself that it was a black mans pie and not yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UncleBob']An interesting observation - Everyone who's posted seems to be assuming that the owner of the pie is the one who labeled it in this fashion. What about the possibility that a co-worker wrote this on the pie?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UncleBob']Interesting thought.....

.[/QUOTE]

You and I have very different ideas of what constitutes "interesting".

[quote name='Clak']This is bob's version of a rorschach test.[/QUOTE]

Kinda. :D

The best part about it is that I don't even know how it ended yet. Friend called me from another store, told me pretty much what was in the OP (which, at the time, was pretty much all he knew) and asked my opinion.

Thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone on here thought before I found out the conclusion to this chilling and thrilling tale.

Told my wife about the thread and she thought it was really funny. She said she would eat the pie and then scribble "white guilt" on it.

A couple warehouse jobs I worked at, people had this thing for drinking your opened soda and management would not allow you to keep it on the floor with you.

So I took to uhhhh 'flavoring' my soda a bunch of nights.

One night it was Backwashed(Lipton) Brisk iced tea, the next it would be Mountain Dew with a light hint of urine and so on.

It only took maybe 2-3 nights of adding something 'special' to my sodas to get people to stop drinking something that doesn't belong to them.;)

[quote name='Soodmeg']I dont understand how observational statements are deemed racist, usually by white people as a result of the minority of ignorant blacks who try to push the issues for their own gains.

If I saw that written I would think nothing as the statement is neither, offensive or racist. Its just a slightly confusing statement. I assumed its just some guys pie.

It kinda reminds me of this time when I walked up to two white guys and asked, "do you guys know ____ _____ and can you tell me where he is?" The one white guy said, "Yes, he is that black guy standing over there," The other white guys eyes went wide and he stared at me (as I look like a typical angry black guy, tall, strong, etc the only thing that saves me is that I smile all the time) and looked away.I thanked them and walked away but could here the one white guy say to his friend, "dude you cant say that....its racist...especially to a black guy. You are lucky he didnt kick your ass."

I continue to be just befuddled at how statements get pulled so out of context.[/QUOTE]

I agree. These days acknowledging anothers race is deemed racist though. Eggshells. I wonder why?

[quote name='UncleBob']http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_yorkshire/4701360.stm

Be careful with that... :D[/QUOTE]
There's a big difference between substituting syrup of ipecac(or pee) for a lil of the soda or iced tea versus putting two inches worth of anti-freeze in a bottle of soda with only an inch of soda left in it.

Most times my drink would be almost completely full and at most I'd put maybe a capful or two of the offending substance in there.;)

If anything, I just wanted to give em a funny lil aftertaste, not kill em with the drink.

bread's done
Back