Black mold

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Has anyone had it? I noticed black spots on my walls under my windows (where there are cracks along the corners). I told my Apartment complex about it and they just had someone paint over it. I know they didn’t remove it because I can still smell the crap. I plan to try and find someone that can come make sure its mold or something else. If anyone has had a similar situation and could let me know how that went it would be appreciated.

[quote name='Brak']What's wrong with black mold?

You racis'?[/quote]
Nothin' wrong with black mold.

It's those damn homosexual molds that are ruining our country.

[quote name='Apossum']Get some mildew remover and wash it off.[/QUOTE]
This will work if it's all on the surface. However, if there's cracks like he said, there might be some spots that are impossible to reach with that. Get on your apartment complex about this; black mold is dangerous. I don't know about how to go about this legally, someone else will have to tell you about that, but something needs to be done.

Mold around windows is an indication that the window seals (not sills) have been compomised. If your windows are double-paned, then you will likely begin to see mildew between the panes before long. More importantly to you, though, is the fact that broken seals means that you are losing air. So, your heat or AC is escaping through those seals, and it causes your power/gas bill to rise. Demand an inspection and repair, as that is the contractual obligation of your landlord.

Well if the mold is in your walls, this could be a big problem. You can get normal mildew remover from any store like Target or Walmart or you can get the super smelly mold remover from any hardware store like Home Depot.

If you use the strong stuff, keep in mind that smells will hang in the air for the longest time.

The funny thing is I had to report this problem to the fella who runs the apt complex as anyone else I talked to told me they'd take care of it or just blow me off. i know for sure its in the cracks because I ended up having another guy come over and fill them up.

I heard today that a friend of a friend had a similar problem and was able to talk to someone outside the apt complex that convinced them to take care of it the right way, and cover his rent the rest of his lease.

I didn't really think it that dangerous at first, figuring that the complex would do what they're supposed to avoid they would end up with...silly me...I started noticing cold symptoms, but only when I’m home in my room with the mold. They clear up when Imp gone. and since I never really think about the stuff, I don’t think its just a mental thing..

Tanks for the input :)

well if its is mold make a huge fuss you can get really sick and if you ahve kids/animals around they could die too.....

BUT if its just some superficial stuff you can make a vineger solution to clean it off equal parts vineger and water. Spray it down and clean it like any other cleaner. The vineger smell will go away pretty quickly and it works on pretty much anything really.

bread's done
Back