Black Ops Vita $29.99 at Amazon with FSSS

Save your money and don't buy this game. Got the Declassified bundle and Campaign is more like Spec Ops in MW and Multiplayer is broken.

[quote name='Marauder7']Save your money and don't buy this game. Got the Declassified bundle and Campaign is more like Spec Ops in MW and Multiplayer is broken.[/QUOTE]

^^^ this

glad i got the ACIII bundle over Black Ops.. I played for about ten minutes before I went back to Lego LOTR

but needless to say, Thanks OP for posting the deal

Well, I'm having fun with it.

Campaign can be breezed though quickly if you play on easy as they're time/score attack based. It's not the standard story campaign.
Completing on higher difficulties for better online leaderboard scores and trophies will take a bit of time and patience.

All the frustrating MP connectivity issues I was having were fixed with last week's patch.

I would suggest people not to read too much into the reviews on this one, because I bought it when it was on sale at BB for 39.99 and was surprised to find it was actually worth the cash. Also, dont forget the retail version has a voucher for COD Roads to Victory a 2007 PSP title that I had no interest in, but sold for $14 on eBay.

The Multiplayer on this game is a ton of fun. As for other modes, the 10 missions are pretty short, but they are fun and challenging - and I even like the 5 target practice missions. If you buy the game for MP and consider the other modes as icing on the cake you will be very pleased. Note: I also have Resistance Burning Skies (made by same dev) and COD:BOD plays waaaay better than that one.

[quote name='jsvalmont']I would suggest people not to read too much into the reviews on this one, because I bought it when it was on sale at BB for 39.99 and was surprised to find it was actually worth the cash. Also, dont forget the retail version has a voucher for COD Roads to Victory a 2007 PSP title that I had no interest in, but sold for $14 on eBay.

The Multiplayer on this game is a ton of fun. As for other modes, the 10 missions are pretty short, but they are fun and challenging - and I even like the 5 target practice missions. If you buy the game for MP and consider the other modes as icing on the cake you will be very pleased. Note: I also have Resistance Burning Skies (made by same dev) and COD:BOD plays waaaay better than that one.[/QUOTE]

Aren't the maps incredibly small though?

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Aren't the maps incredibly small though?[/QUOTE]

extremely small... one map i played on i respawned in front of other team 75% of the time... very frustrating

[quote name='jsvalmont']I would suggest people not to read too much into the reviews on this one, because I bought it when it was on sale at BB for 39.99 and was surprised to find it was actually worth the cash. Also, dont forget the retail version has a voucher for COD Roads to Victory a 2007 PSP title that I had no interest in, but sold for $14 on eBay.

The Multiplayer on this game is a ton of fun. As for other modes, the 10 missions are pretty short, but they are fun and challenging - and I even like the 5 target practice missions. If you buy the game for MP and consider the other modes as icing on the cake you will be very pleased. Note: I also have Resistance Burning Skies (made by same dev) and COD:BOD plays waaaay better than that one.[/QUOTE]

I can't agree with this at all. Telling people that this game is worth $40 is just setting a lot of people up to be disappointed. This game is in no way worth $40, $30, or even $20. Having played both this and Resistance: Burning Skies, I have to say that Burning Skies was a much better game. All reviews I have read agree with my thoughts.

Burning Skies offers a decent 5-6hr single player experience with a semi-decent multiplayer mode. Multiplayer in CoD offers pretty much the same gameplay as Resistance with a new skin..but you essentially have a 1hr single player game with downright worthless AI.

$30 is just way too high for this game, and thinking they could release this watered down piece of crap for $50 is just a slap in the face to all of us gamers.

Agreed. Resistance was garbage but at least the MP here is enjoyable now that it is working properly.

Selling the CoD PSP code is genius though, hadn't thought of that.
It really does go for a decent value on eBay.

Going to try and get this in store tomorrow...hopefully it's not a one day sale and online only. Despite what reviews say...I'll go with what friends say.

If anyone is interested in trophies... CoD Black Ops Declassified is actually a pretty hard platinum. (I believe it's also considered the hardest CoD Platinum too)

[quote name='gatordeve86']extremely small... one map i played on i respawned in front of other team 75% of the time... very frustrating[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks.... :whistle2:|

Do you think there is any fun in the multiplayer? My brother is one of those gamers who only plays sports games and cod....think he would like it?

[quote name='admiralvic']If anyone is interested in trophies... CoD Black Ops Declassified is actually a pretty hard platinum. (I believe it's also considered the hardest CoD Platinum too)[/QUOTE]

That's saying a lot since W@W was brutal with all that grenade spam and limitless enemies.

I like this game a lot. I don't think it's worth $50 because you are mainly getting multiplayer and spec-ops style missions, but I would have paid $30 if I didn't get it in the bundle and would have thought it was worth it. The single player missions are a lot of fun, regardless of how short they are. The multiplayer is a blast. The only times I really have a problem spawning on top of an enemy is in free-for-all. I think the maps are way too small for FFA mode, since everyone is an enemy you are always spawning on top of someone. However, in team deathmatch and other team based modes, I only spawned on top of the enemy every now and then, just like in console versions...it happens there too.

man really torn on this one...30 isn't a bad price but the reviews have crapped all over this game! I'd really be more interested in the MP, and all non-official reviews I've seen (youtube, etc.) have been pretty positive...

[quote name='Lemarfanz']man really torn on this one...30 isn't a bad price but the reviews have crapped all over this game! I'd really be more interested in the MP, and all non-official reviews I've seen (youtube, etc.) have been pretty positive...[/QUOTE]

Sell the included PSP game voucher and its yours for around $15 essentially.

[quote name='dallow']Sell the included PSP game voucher and its yours for around $15 essentially.[/QUOTE]

If you're lucky. Looking at the completed listings for this game on eBay, it seems like the game code goes for anything from $5 to $20. If I end up trying to sell the voucher and getting only $5 for it making Black Ops essentially $25, I'd be pissed.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...sct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

But, you can currently trade in the game for $20 and some change at Best Buy right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brash_Attack']If you're lucky. Looking at the completed listings for this game on eBay, it seems like the game code goes for anything from $5 to $20. If I end up trying to sell the voucher and getting only $5 for it making Black Ops essentially $25, I'd be pissed.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...sct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

But, you can currently trade in the game for $20 and some change at Best Buy right now.[/QUOTE]
Look at those auctions, look at the average price.
Why do you focus on the single one that sold for five?

[quote name='dallow']Look at those auctions, look at the average price.
Why do you focus on the single one that sold for five?[/QUOTE]

I'm not focusing on it, I was just sharing my worries. I've sold identical iPhones on eBay and got close to $300 for one and only $215 on the other. I was just saying that eBay is a gamble and based off everyone's "don't buy this game", I don't know if I want to take the gamble and risk getting anything under $15 for that game voucher.

The multiplayer is not as bad as the reviews say but the game is really not worth $30. For $10 more you could get black ops 2 which has zombies, a full proper campaign, and multiplayer. I know it's a bad idea to compare a console game toward a handheld game but $30 for declassified is a bad value no matter how you look at it.

[quote name='htz']The multiplayer is not as bad as the reviews say but the game is really not worth $30. For $10 more you could get black ops 2 which has zombies, a full proper campaign, and multiplayer. I know it's a bad idea to compare a console game toward a handheld game but $30 for declassified is a bad value no matter how you look at it.[/QUOTE]

sigh, alright, I appreciate the input and you've talked me out of it

[quote name='htz']The multiplayer is not as bad as the reviews say but the game is really not worth $30. For $10 more you could get black ops 2 which has zombies, a full proper campaign, and multiplayer. I know it's a bad idea to compare a console game toward a handheld game but $30 for declassified is a bad value no matter how you look at it.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with what you're saying with the exception of "it's a bad idea to compare a console game toward a handheld". We're at the point where, with the exception of graphics, handhelds can really hold up in comparison with console games, especially with the Vita. I feel games like AC3: Liberation and Uncharted: GA prove this.

The multiplayer is a ton of fun. Is the full console version of Black Ops 2 a better deal at $40 than this is at $30? Probably. But this is still a good deal on the best mobile multiplayer out there.

If you were choosing one or the other, I would get Black Ops II for sure. It's a more polished, more complete COD, and the best COD in my opinion. But if you want a COD on the go, then I DO recommend Declassified as long as you know the pros and cons and are ok with the cons.

Just wanted to weigh in on the discussion surrounding this deal:

Declassified launched with broken multiplayer (par for the course w/ Nihilistic titles...), a ridiculous price point, and high expectations b/c of its namesake; in other words, it was doomed from day one. Also, the mainstream press has already written off the Vita for the most part, so the game has that to contend with, too.

That said, I'll echo what many others on here have stated: the multiplayer--which is now fixed--is a ton of fun, and really does offer the complete CoD experience on the go. The maps are smaller (...tho not Nuketown small), but so is the player count. The controls are rock-solid and retain the same feel as the rest of the series. The load-out and leveling systems are nearly on par with the original Black Ops, so if you were a fan of that, then expect to get severely addicted to this.

Break it down like this: the $30 price point equals $10 for the minimal single player and $20 for the full-featured, incredibly addictive multiplayer. Vita owners who enjoy CoD multiplayer really need to check this game out--there really is no other portable experience like it on the planet.

[quote name='AwRy108']Just wanted to weigh in on the discussion surrounding this deal:

Declassified launched with broken multiplayer (par for the course w/ Nihilistic titles...), a ridiculous price point, and high expectations b/c of its namesake; in other words, it was doomed from day one. Also, the mainstream press has already written off the Vita for the most part, so the game has that to contend with, too.

That said, I'll echo what many others on here have stated: the multiplayer--which is now fixed--is a ton of fun, and really does offer the complete CoD experience on the go. The maps are smaller (...tho not Nuketown small), but so is the player count. The controls are rock-solid and retain the same feel as the rest of the series. The load-out and leveling systems are nearly on par with the original Black Ops, so if you were a fan of that, then expect to get severely addicted to this.

Break it down like this: the $30 price point equals $10 for the minimal single player and $20 for the full-featured, incredibly addictive multiplayer. Vita owners who enjoy CoD multiplayer really need to check this game out--there really is no other portable experience like it on the planet.[/QUOTE]

+1 on the PSN avatar. Observe the stabbath!

[quote name='AwRy108']Just wanted to weigh in on the discussion surrounding this deal:

Break it down like this: the $30 price point equals $10 for the minimal single player and $20 for the full-featured, incredibly addictive multiplayer. Vita owners who enjoy CoD multiplayer really need to check this game out--there really is no other portable experience like it on the planet.[/QUOTE]

You may have just sold me on the game. Dammit.

[quote name='JiggleZ']+1 on the PSN avatar. Observe the stabbath![/QUOTE]

LOL. DD Neon is yet another awesome WayForward game that is completely under-appreciated. Such a great homage to the series AND old-school game design.

Undone by an afro pick!

[quote name='Brash_Attack']You may have just sold me on the game. Dammit.[/QUOTE]

Just trying to spread the word--the mainstream "press" sure as hell isn't going to do it for this game.

[quote name='jsvalmont']The multiplayer is a ton of fun. Is the full console version of Black Ops 2 a better deal at $40 than this is at $30? Probably. But this is still a good deal on the best mobile multiplayer out there.[/QUOTE]

Ehh best mobile multiplayer??? Maybe for the ps vita but in terms of multiplayer, I've had more fun with Mario Kart 7 and kid Icarus multiplayer.
I'd recommend paying extra for the console version.
Sorry for busting your balls :(

It's a reskinned and stripped down Resistance Burning Skies... which is saying a lot. R:BS was easily one of the worst games I've ever played. Declassified is a rip-off even at the free price-point.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']It's a reskinned and stripped down Resistance Burning Skies... which is saying a lot. R:BS was easily one of the worst games I've ever played. Declassified is a rip-off even at the free price-point.[/QUOTE]

Weird- I really liked burning skies. Single player only though ::shrug::

[quote name='BryanDGAF']Ehh best mobile multiplayer??? Maybe for the ps vita but in terms of multiplayer, I've had more fun with Mario Kart 7 and kid Icarus multiplayer.
I'd recommend paying extra for the console version.
Sorry for busting your balls :([/QUOTE]

The multiplayer modes in Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus are completely different experiences--comparing them to CoD multiplayer is simply too subjective. An objective comparison would be that, unlike Kid Icarus, CoD BlOps Declassified won't make your hands seize up due to a control scheme that never bothers to take ergonomics into account. ;)

I definitely wouldn't tell someone to pick the Vita version of BlOps over BlOps 2; but, either way, there's no other multiplayer experience on a handheld that compares to the likes of Declassified, so it's worth checking out if you own a Vita, regardless of your ownership status of BlOps 2.

[quote name='AwRy108']Also, the mainstream press has already written off the Vita for the most part, so the game has that to contend with, too.
[/QUOTE]
Sigh~

No one has written off the Vita yet, these are just your typical doom and gloom nonsense that comes with any other title. Last year the same thing happened to the 3DS and next year it will probably be the Wii U. This is nothing new and not unique to the Playstation Vita, nor did / will it have an impact on reviews.

• Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
  • ASIN: B002I0H09Y
  • Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 4.1 x 0.4 inches ; 1.6 ounces
  • Media: Video Game
  • Release Date: November 13, 2012
  • Average Customer Review: 3.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (44 customer reviews)
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #158 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
  • Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Anybody notice on the amazon product details section, it mentions discontinued by the manufacturer? I guess that before Christmas 1.02 patch was the last patch...

[quote name='admiralvic']Sigh~

No one has written off the Vita yet, these are just your typical doom and gloom nonsense that comes with any other title. Last year the same thing happened to the 3DS and next year it will probably be the Wii U. This is nothing new and not unique to the Playstation Vita, nor did / will it have an impact on reviews.[/QUOTE]

i wish i could find it but it was in an article about the 8 flops of 2012... as was my Lumia 900

[quote name='AwRy108']...the multiplayer--which is now fixed--is a ton of fun, and really does offer the complete CoD experience on the go. The maps are smaller (...tho not Nuketown small), but so is the player count...QUOTE]

You are really peaking my interest - especially with this comment. The descriptions of maps that I heard was more like they were just large rooms. "Nuketown" size maps seems to be a pretty decent size (especially for a smaller number of players). I guess this game may be going back on my radar.

I'm tempted at $30 but may wait for a further drop. Can anyone comment on the PSP game that's also included? Is it good enough to be worth considering as an enticement for purchase (I don't want to mess with selling it).

''there really is no other portable experience like it on the planet.'' Slight over exaggeration, but it is a very enjoyable fun multiplayer experience.

Worst GOTY, period.

The creators of this game should be paying you $60 just to take a free copy, and another $60 for your 15 mins of suffering with it.

bread's done
Back