Black Teen Shot, Killed By Neighborhood Watch

I am just confused how this very vital question seems to be getting brushed under the rug. Someone ask him "what made you chase him," because there is a huge difference in seeing a guy who looks dangerous and reporting it...and getting out of your car, confronting him, he runs away, then you chase him.

What danger was Martin putting anyone in that you felt the need to stop? From all of the reports there was no one around...it was a guy walking down the street by himself....forget the hoodie, forget the race, forget everything...hell I cant stop the kids from playing basketball in the street yet you can chase down a person walking. And I dont want to hear bullshit like "he looked dangerous" because everyone can look dangerous..I want him to explain what physically action Martin was doing that deemed him chase worthy.

I cant even talk about the rest of the case until that question is answered.

[quote name='KingBroly']It also strikes me odd that in the video Zimmerman looks NOTHING like the original mugshot, either.[/QUOTE]

That picture (more hair, chubby cheeks) was from when he assaulted the cop 5 years ago. Dude lost some weight and shaved his noggin (WHITE LACES!!!) apparently.

RE: The nonchalance at the station
They're going from the garage to a holding area. If Z had been 100% complicit and not acting the fool with the cops up to that point, they wouldn't be on him all that much. Plus he's cuffed no?

I agree with the sentiment that Z doesn't look all that much worse for the wear. A head wound in the location of that mark would bleed like a motherfucker if it's really what it looks like (roughly 3-4" and on an area of the scalp that splits pretty easily). On site EMT would have to use surgical glue to get it to seal up like that, but there'd still be a mess.
Granted, if you look at the location of the mark, Z would have had to have been upended completely with his legs about 30-40 degrees above his head. Either that or M had to bend Z's neck backwards which wouldn't make any sense at all given a struggle. Slamming a noggin into the sidewalk is a forcefull downwards motion that would cause more damage to the base of the skull, not towards the top. The only conclusion to draw there is that A.) Z's head hit the street while his back was on the sidewalk or B.) Z fell from the street to an elevated sidewalk or C.) not related to the case at all because it's not a gouge/just a reflection/head shaving wound that is old.

[quote name='Soodmeg']But where was his right to chase? I dont see how someone can get out of their car and chase another person without cause other than..."uhhh dat guy look dangerous!"

Before you even get into the fight I am still waiting to know why cause you have to randomly chase people when you know you have a weapon.[/QUOTE]

I think that it's generally legal to follow or chase someone. It's also legal to ask someone what they're doing in your neighborhood, and it's probably common in some gated communities.

Of course, just because something is legal doesn't mean it's the right or rational thing to do.

Uhhh, I am not so sure about that. If that were true you are basically saying you have a right to investigate anyone you want up to and including giving physically.

Your neighborhood isnt a possession, you do not own a neighborhood, you own a house in a neighborhood. If that were true I could walk into anyones front yard and demand that they answer my questions as well as chase them back into their house.

Makes no sense even in our free welding laws.

I hope the lesson is obvious here. This case is an example of why these backwoods hicks love them some gun rights! They just want to go around and shoot a ni**er. I'm sorry but that is the truth. I'm not white nor black and hear a lot of racist crap spewed by whites (mostly conservatives) about blacks. And these aren't just your lynching bed sheet wearing Klansmen. These are many conservatives right-wingers and some conservative democrats thrown in. Stupid f-ing xenophobic gun-toting fucktards. Love me some internet ranting!!!

EDIT: Not saying all whites are racist. Most conservatives are and they fear the other. So, need some guns for that race war or break in, rape, from of course a minority. Point is there are a significant amount and they wrongly throw the lionshare of their hate and racism towards blacks. Latinos and Muslims get also get their fair share.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I remember hearing this or not, but do people in this community know each other pretty well? If so, I wonder if Martin's father and Zimmerman have met and if there were ever problems with them before.

Wow...apparently, the police chief, chief investigator for the department, and the state attorney were at the crime scene. Not only that, but the three of them decided to let Zimmerman go.

It's beyond unusual for not only the top 2 law enforcement people in the county to be at the scene, but a state attorney.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Uhhh, I am not so sure about that. If that were true you are basically saying you have a right to investigate anyone you want up to and including giving physically.

Your neighborhood isnt a possession, you do not own a neighborhood, you own a house in a neighborhood. If that were true I could walk into anyones front yard and demand that they answer my questions as well as chase them back into their house.

Makes no sense even in our free welding laws.[/QUOTE]

I believe that the police specifically said that Zimmerman wasn't doing anything illegal when he followed Martin and asked him why he was in the neighborhood. I don't remember where I read it, so I'll have to search for it.

You can certainly stand on the sidewalk in front of your neighbor's house and ask them questions if you want. It would probably be trespassing if you went into their yard, though.

[quote name='chiwii']I believe that the police specifically said that Zimmerman wasn't doing anything illegal when he followed Martin and asked him why he was in the neighborhood. I don't remember where I read it, so I'll have to search for it.

You can certainly stand on the sidewalk in front of your neighbor's house and ask them questions if you want. It would probably be trespassing if you went into their yard, though.[/QUOTE]
At this point I'm not sure I'd beleive much that police department says.

I bet Russel Simmons is the next moron to start saying and doing stupid things about this case. The guy is a total moron.

[quote name='Msut77']Start a thread. Then others can try to ruin it.[/QUOTE]
Welp...you certainly know how to make a point.:lol:

a few years back, an 11year old was skateboarding on a road with a 30mph speed limit.... on the bike lane..... a car hit him and he died... the driver says he was distracted because of the car behind him following him to close, and he was looking in his rear view mirror.... it was dusk.....
nobody was charged, the police said the 11 year old boy was responsible for his own death.
his death was ignored by the media.....
sick, sad... world....

As a late comer to this story, can someone fill me in on these big questions I can't seem to find obvious answers to?

A) Where is the proof this was a racially motivated killing?
B) Where is the proof the subsequent conduct by the law has been racially motivated?
C) Where is the proof that this ISN'T yet another shabby attempt by the usual race baiting profiteers to fan flames and create distraction and chaos for their political agendas?

And ultimately,
D) What is so special about this sad tale that deserves POTUS, Congressional, and rabid-media attention? There were 10 deaths from 49 shootings deaths on St Patrick's Day in Chicago alone. Including a 6 year old girl. Does anyone want to stare that little girl's parents in the eyes and explain why catching their daughter's killer isn't nearly as important to the president, congress, or the national media? Maybe if she were black instead of latino? Maybe if it was proven her shooter were white? Maybe if the little girl were Irish Catholic and the shooter was protestant - then do we care?

At what point does a kid getting shot stop getting ignored? What does a grieving family of a fallen child to violence have to do to get this kind of outrage and support?

What grand meaning is behind the tragedy of one particular shooting death? Why and how does it captivate so many? With so many other tragedies happening all the time, what's so special about this one? What's the long term goal of all this anger we're allowing to spiral out from this particular story?

These are serious questions. If there is something I've missed, please show me and I'll stand corrected.

I look around and see nothing but mobs of angry people with pitchforks and torches rushing to tar and feather, while they ignore a country in flames behind them. It's really starting to feel like I live in a foreign land.

[quote name='thrustbucket']As a late comer to this story, can someone fill me in on these big questions I can't seem to find obvious answers to?[/quote]

JAQing off in public again thrust?

Zimmerman clearly referred to Martin as a coon. Race might not have been the "reason" for the shooting but definitely a factor for what led up to it.

B) Where is the proof the subsequent conduct by the law has been racially motivated?

Name a good reason they drug tested Martin's body but not the shooter. There might be other reasons for these guys to basically run interference for Zimmerman (his dad), some people from law enforcement also released things designed to smear Martin. Also, in places where not all that long ago it wasn't even considered a crime to kill black people you may wonder why they treated Martin's body like there was no doubt he was a criminal.

Where is the proof that this ISN'T yet another shabby attempt by the usual race baiting profiteers to fan flames and create distraction and chaos for their political agendas?

You aren't even pretending you mean any questions seriously.

And ultimately,
D) What is so special about this sad tale that deserves POTUS, Congressional, and rabid-media attention? There were 10 deaths from 49 shootings deaths on St Patrick's Day in Chicago alone. Including a 6 year old girl. Does anyone want to stare that little girl's parents in the eyes and explain why catching their daughter's killer isn't nearly as important to the president, congress, or the national media? Maybe if she were black instead of latino? Maybe if it was proven her shooter were white? Maybe if the little girl were Irish Catholic and the shooter was protestant - then do we care?

What makes it special is that the killer was let go because of an insane conservative backed law.

At what point does a kid getting shot stop getting ignored? What does a grieving family of a fallen child to violence have to do to get this kind of outrage and support?

What grand meaning is behind the tragedy of one particular shooting death? Why and how does it captivate so many? With so many other tragedies happening all the time, what's so special about this one? What's the long term goal of all this anger we're allowing to spiral out from this particular story?

These are serious questions. If there is something I've missed, please show me and I'll stand corrected.

I look around and see nothing but mobs of angry people with pitchforks and torches rushing to tar and feather, while they ignore a country in flames behind them. It's really starting to feel like I live in a foreign land.

You crib this crap directly from Storm front and other white power sites don't you?

[quote name='thrustbucket']As a late comer to this story, can someone fill me in on these big questions I can't seem to find obvious answers to?

C) Where is the proof that this ISN'T yet another shabby attempt by the usual race baiting profiteers to fan flames and create distraction and chaos for their political agendas?

And ultimately,

I look around and see nothing but mobs of angry people with pitchforks and torches rushing to tar and feather, while they ignore a country in flames behind them. It's really starting to feel like I live in a foreign land.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

You are being sane, level-headed and intelligent. There is no place for that here.;)

I don't have time right now to discuss this with you but would love to later on. I suspect you know the answers and I agree with you.

Be careful of the three wise men:roll: baiting and trolling you m7, hs, and dd.

Catch you later

[quote name='Msut77']JAQing off in public again thrust?

Zimmerman clearly referred to Martin as a coon. Race might not have been the "reason" for the shooting but definitely a factor for what led up to it.

Name a good reason they drug tested Martin's body but not the shooter. There might be other reasons for these guys to basically run interference for Zimmerman (his dad), some people from law enforcement also released things designed to smear Martin. Also, in places where not all that long ago it wasn't even considered a crime to kill black people you may wonder why they treated Martin's body like there was no doubt he was a criminal.

You aren't even pretending you mean any questions seriously.

What makes it special is that the killer was let go because of an insane conservative backed law.

You crib this crap directly from Storm front and other white power sites don't you?[/QUOTE]

You are a liar and a troll and your lies and bs are disgusting.

Your post about this case starts out with the word coon which is an assumption by you not based on current known facts. The rest of your post is just as irrelevant since it comes from you and is based on the same principles as the first lie and or distortion.

Crawl back into your hole.

[quote name='thrustbucket']As a late comer to this story, can someone fill me in on these big questions I can't seem to find obvious answers to?

And ultimately,

I look around and see nothing but mobs of angry people with pitchforks and torches rushing to tar and feather, while they ignore a country in flames behind them. It's really starting to feel like I live in a foreign land.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pliskin101']:applause:

You are being sane, level-headed and intelligent. There is no place for that here.;)

I don't have time right now to discuss this with you but would love to later on. I suspect you know the answers and I agree with you.

Be careful of the three wise men:roll: baiting and trolling you m7, hs, and dd.

Catch you later[/QUOTE]
The difference between those cases is that most cases are investigated more thoroughly and a shooter would be prosecuted if found. No one brings this up of course because all murders are investigated equally of course...
They're not.

As for answers, the only ones you two will find are up your asses.

[quote name='Pliskin101']You are a liar and a troll and your lies and bs are disgusting.

Your post about this case starts out with the word coon which is an assumption by you not based on current known facts. The rest of your post is just as irrelevant since it comes from you and is based on the same principles as the first lie and or distortion.

Crawl back into your hole.[/QUOTE]

More nuanced refutation. Where do you find the time!

And ultimately,

What grand meaning is behind the tragedy of one particular shooting death? Why and how does it captivate so many? With so many other tragedies happening all the time, what's so special about this one? What's the long-term goal of all this anger we're allowing to spiral out from this particular story?

A.) There isn't any proof. The 911 tape of zimmerman is where some point to where zimmerman used the word coon. It is still unclear and that has not been proved. There has to date been no proof. Could he have been racist? Of course. Bottom line is the killing was done by ONE person and only one person knows if it was racially motivated.

B.) Absolutely no proof at all. NONE.

C.) This is interesting. Without proof of A and or B then the race baiters are jumping to conclusions or falsely putting it out there (for a plethora of reasons we can go into at a later time as it is lengthy). The "proof" as it stands right now is not there for A and or B.
So there is the proof, at this point in time, that this is a shabby attempt by those doing it.

D.) I will get back to you as the answer is lengthy and deep. Political, business, special interest, and personal agenda and or greed or gain in other ways is part of it for some. To the mental disorder (which emotional judgement might fall into), ignorant or just plain stupid, radicals (actually falls into the above) as starters.
As I said and you can see it is lengthy and I will try to go into more of my opinion on this later.

Again thanks for the post and I will try to answer with my thoughts/opinions on the parts of D. and the questions after.

This is a tragedy and IMO think that zimmerman is in the wrong and needs to be punished/held accountable.

Last edited:
"Sharpton said there could still be unspecified action against national corporations that support the "Stand Your Ground" laws like the one police cited when they declined to arrest Zimmerman.

The law gives citizens wide latitude to use deadly force when a threat is perceived. Sharpton declined to identify those corporations but said, "We take nothing nonviolent off the table."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...la-police-we-want-an-arrest-shot-in-the-chest

Police declined to arrest zimmerman? Is that true? From what I have heard my answer would be no.

There is that disgusting agenda crap as well.

Leave it to ol Al to be an opportunistic exploitive ahole!!

Just google Al Sharpton and Tawana Brawley Rape to see how Al operates. Al is a dangerous man and that story is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
A very good article on the radicals, extremists and hate groups that have came out of or attached themselves on this tragic event.

Here are some highlights of that..

Trayvon Martin case stirs extremists, groups say

"The national conversation over Trayvon Martin's killing is loud and intense."

"In some places, it's also vile and violent.the civil rights group that fights bigotry, said the case has stirred up "extremists on both sides of the racial divide."

""The facts are confounding and inconclusive. But the tendency in the first days by some, including Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and an angry chorus of followers, was to rush to judgment with little regard for fairness, due process, or respect for the terrible death of a young man," Bennett said."

""There have always been people who believe racist things and those people have existed on a continuum," she said.People who don't pay "super close attention to these issues may not notice the hate speech on a regular basis," she said.
"The Internet affords people anonymity and insulation," she said."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/30/us/florida-teen-shooting-hate/index.html

Why am I not suprised...

NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy (Video)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trayvon-martin-nbc-news-editing-911-call-306359

The NBC segment in question featured anchor Ron Allen and ran on the Today show on Tuesday. On Thursday, Sean Hannity and guest Brent Bozell played the NBC version of the 911 call and compared it with the unedited version.

In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”

The full version, though, unfolds like this:

Zimmerman: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.”

911 operator: “Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?”

Zimmerman: “He looks black.”

After playing both versions, Hannity said: “They forgot the dispatcher’s question! How could NBC, in good conscience, do that?”

“This isn’t bias, this isn’t distortion, this is an all-out falsehood by NBC News,” answers Bozell, who runs a conservative watchdog group called the Media Research Center.

[quote name='renique46']And this has anything to do with that night because....?:applause:[/QUOTE]

It has everything to do with the last 500+ posts and the whole attitude of "it was racially motivated because I WANT it to be"

[quote name='renique46']And this has anything to do with that night because....?:applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='renique46']Probably late for his clan rally[/QUOTE]

[quote name='renique46']Once again late for clan rallys i suppose[/QUOTE]

[quote name='renique46']In your own idiotic way but whatever.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Who are you talking to? Are you 4 years old? Are you talking to yourself?
"BAIT" much? Troll much?

[quote name='GBAstar']It has everything to do with the last 500+ posts and the whole attitude of "it was racially motivated because I WANT it to be"[/QUOTE]

You do realize you and pisking are not particularly subtle correct?

Your game plan is too bring up every killing/every bad thing a black person did EVER and use it to change the subject and/or denigrate Martin.

When people try to point out facts or the conclusions the use of reason brings us you two say NUH UH and go back to the original game plan.

Neither of you give an actual response to points anyone else brings up and switch between acting the victim and the asshole.

Some of us have speculated on WHY you are doing this (and the fact that there are talking points being disseminated around sites like Stormfront), but it doesn't even matter at this point the fact is that you are doing it.

[quote name='Msut77']You do realize you and pisking are not particularly subtle correct?

Your game plan is too bring up every killing/every bad thing a black person did EVER and use it to change the subject and/or denigrate Martin.

When people try to point out facts or the conclusions the use of reason brings us you two say NUH UH and go back to the original game plan.

Neither of you give an actual response to points anyone else brings up and switch between acting the victim and the asshole.

Some of us have speculated on WHY you are doing this (and the fact that there are talking points being disseminated around sites like Stormfront), but it doesn't even matter at this point the fact is that you are doing it.[/QUOTE]

Nice try. I have never been to "stormfront" so you fail there.

Also, find one post that brings up an article where I discussed something that did not directly relate to this case. Finding a post where I talked about Al Sharpton and examples of his "civil disobedience" doesn't count because that was tied into the discussion with what he was doing in Florida.

The only OT post I made was a link to a story about a black male who was gunned down in CA because someone made a 911 call where they lied and said the man had a gun when he didn't and using that misinformation the police fired upon the black man when he reached into his wasteband... and of course no gun was found. I linked that article to show that other injustices involving black men are occuring every day but they don't get near the focus of this story.

Weak effort to put the attention back onto me.

The only information that I'm using to "denigrate" martin is the information that his family and the press conveniently forgot to include when they asked about his record and his family assured the general population that he had never been in trouble... which is a lie.

If linking articles that refute lies made by his family make me racist then so be it.

[quote name='GBAstar']Nice try. I have never been to "stormfront" so you fail there.[/quote]

Sorry, You are merely getting your views from places like storm front second hand.

If linking articles that refute lies made by his family make me racist then so be it.

If you say so.

[quote name='GBAstar']Nice try. I have never been to "stormfront" so you fail there.[/QUOTE]
Is it really surprising to you that when you use the arguments of white supremacists, people say that you're racist?

Also, find one post that brings up an article where I discussed something that did not directly relate to this case. Finding a post where I talked about Al Sharpton and examples of his "civil disobedience" doesn't count because that was tied into the discussion with what he was doing in Florida.
Yeah, holding rallies, marches, protests, and boycotts to bring attention to injustice are stoking the flames of racism, therefore creating it, and not a react to racism itself.

The only OT post I made was a link to a story about a black male who was gunned down in CA because someone made a 911 call where they lied and said the man had a gun when he didn't and using that misinformation the police fired upon the black man when he reached into his wasteband... and of course no gun was found. I linked that article to show that other injustices involving black men are occuring every day but they don't get near the focus of this story.

Weak effort to put the attention back onto me.
And what happened in that case? Carillo was arrested for manslaughter and the cops were put on leave. That kinda tells me that the PD is taking it seriously, unlike in Sanford.

The only information that I'm using to "denigrate" martin is the information that his family and the press conveniently forgot to include when they asked about his record and his family assured the general population that he had never been in trouble... which is a lie.
You mean the same assurance that police gave the family about Zimmerman's previous lack of history with law enforcement? So what if the family tried to put Martin in a positive light. They shouldn't have had to do anything in order to get the cops to actually do more than a superficial investigation as our impression of Martin is irrelevant to the case unless you point is victim blaming. Of course Martin's family painted him in a positive light because the cops wanted to bury the case.

I don't see you saying the same shit about Zimmerman's family, friend, lawyer, and fucking police about their lies.

Did you come down hard on Breitbart, O'Keefe, and all of the media outlets that spread lies about ACORN and Sherrod?

Pointing out lies is one thing; your framing indicates another.

[quote name='Msut77']
[/QUOTE]

What you and the other idiots that keep lying and distorting this case and using it as your case against society and white people everywhere don't get is that you are using a KIDS DEATH for your sick agenda.

I have been standing up for trayvon while you dd and hs have been shitting on a KIDS DEATH by lying and using it for BS!!

You see that is why you guys are sick aholes. If you had any respect and humanity at all you would want TRUE JUSTICE for TRAYVON not one filled with lies and distortion.

My only goal/hope is to keep the sick people like you, dd, hs, black panthers, white supremacists, politicians, sharpton,and the like in check to keep a kids death in perspective and get him true justice.. That is my goal/hope on this thread as well.

I am starting to believe that you, halosucks, and dohdough are radicals and are purposely distorting and telling lies on the back of a KIDS DEATH to promote hate.

I have never said I think zimmerman is innocent in fact just the opposite more than once.

If any of you truly cared then I wouldn't have to keep pointing out your lies, distortion and the radicalism as BS all the time.

Damn you guys are SICK!!!

Last edited:
[quote name='Msut77']Is there anyone here who takes Zimmerman's story seriously at this point?

I am kind of curious.[/QUOTE]

It's somewhat safe to assume that even Zimmerman himself doesn't know exactly what happened. A slightly sarcastic nod to PTSD aside, most of us here haven't killed someone and don't know what that does to a person.

I think his dad going to the media, particularly the right leaning media, is somewhat interesting...

[quote name='nasum']It's somewhat safe to assume that even Zimmerman himself doesn't know exactly what happened. A slightly sarcastic nod to PTSD aside, most of us here haven't killed someone and don't know what that does to a person.

I think his dad going to the media, particularly the right leaning media, is somewhat interesting...[/QUOTE]

I think the incentive to continue to stay out of jail is pretty big too.

Well one thing for sure is... Zimmerman is one step closer to being a real cop for that cop wannbee...

I mean you can't be a real cop until you murder your first UNARMED black man ..

Yea Yea Yea.... we rabble raver.. always stirring the pot.
Maybe some people here want to point to HOW MANY UNARMED "whites" are murdered by police.

You bet minorities have a real problem with "justice"

[quote name='Msut77']Is there anyone here who takes Zimmerman's story seriously at this point?

I am kind of curious.[/QUOTE]

No. His people(Lawyer,brother,friend,etc) coming out and attacking the victim did it for me.
Bottom line a kid is dead. I did stupid shit as a teen but I lived. Nobody deserves to die at 17.
I really don't understand why some people don't get that. If it was their kid they would demand an investigation. They would fight to know what really happened. I think that's what this is all about.

[quote name='HaloSucks']Well one thing for sure is... Zimmerman is one step closer to being a real cop for that cop wannbee...

I mean you can't be a real cop until you murder your first UNARMED black man ..

Yea Yea Yea.... we rabble raver.. always stirring the pot.
Maybe some people here want to point to HOW MANY UNARMED "whites" are murdered by police.

You bet minorities have a real problem with "justice"[/QUOTE]

I can think of one instance of an unarmed white guy was killed by a cop. But it was under some weird circumstances involving a Power Generator at 2am in the morning or so. Really weird. But that's not really the point of this discussion, now is it?

I think many of these questions can be answered by the fact that "George Zimmerman's father is a retired Judge Magistrate of the Supreme Court, his mother is Court Clerk."

Trayvon Martin: The 5 Key Unanswered Questions

By Judd Legum on Mar 28, 2012 at 8:20 pm

It’s been more than a month since Trayvon Martin was shot dead by George Zimmerman. (Get a full rundown of the facts of the case here.) Tonight, ABC News release video footage of Zimmerman arriving at the police station. The video depicts a cleanly-shaven man who “shows no blood or bruises” on his body.
While media coverage of the case has been intense, there are several key questions that have yet to be answered about the case. Here are five of the most important:
1. What was the purported “conflict” that required the initial prosecutor to step down? On March 22 — after several weeks on the job — state attorney Norm Wolfinger stepped down from his role as prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case. Wolfinger relinquished his post after meeting with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi. He said it was necessary for him to step aside to preserve “the integrity of this investigation,” adding he wanted to avoid “the appearance of a conflict of interest.” He did not explain why his continued involvement would damage the integrity of the case or explain the potential conflict he was seeking to avoid. Did anyone at the prosecutor’s office know Zimmerman or his family? [Orlando Sentinel]
2. Why did the prosecutor ignore the recommendations of the lead homicide investigator? ABC News reported that Chris Serino, the lead homicide investigator on the Trayvon Martin case, recommended that Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter on the night of the shooting. Serino filed an affidavit that night stating “he was unconvinced Zimmerman’s version of events.” As the lead homicide investigator, Serino was: 1. In the best position to evaluate Zimmerman’s credibility, and 2. Intimately familiar with Florida law. Why was he ignored? [ABC News]
3. Why did then-Police Chief Bill Lee make public statements directly contradicting the official recommendations of the police department? On the day the Sanford Police concluded their investigation and handed over the case to the prosecutor, then-Police Chief Bill Lee stated publicly that there was no “probable cause” to arrest or charge Zimmerman. (Lee has subsequently “temporarily” stepped down from his post.) But the Miami Herald reports that on the same day the Sanford Police formally requested that the prosecutor charge Zimmerman, something known as a “capias” request. [ThinkProgress]
4. Who leaked Trayvon Martin’s school records? As public outrage increased, Zimmerman’s sympathizers launched a smear campaign against Trayvon Martin. This included details of several occasions where Martin was suspended for minor infractions (defacing a locker, possessing an empty “marijuana baggie.”) None of the information seemed to have any particular relevance to the night Trayvon Martin was shot to death. Was this a ham-handed attempt by the police or the prosecutor to defend their lack of action against Zimmerman? The Sanford City Manager announced he would launch an independent investigation into the source of the leak. [Miami Herald; NBC12]
5. Why was Trayvon Martin’s body tagged as a John Doe? The Washington Post’s Jonathan Capehart notes a police report “that was completed at 3:07 a.m. on Feb. 27 lists Trayvon’s full name, city of birth, address and phone number.” But yet, Trayvon’s body was reportedly “tagged as a John Doe” and his father wasn’t informed of his death until after he filed a missing person report later on the 27th. Why weren’t Trayvon Martin’s parents contacted immediately after the police confirmed his identity? [Washington Post]
Special prosecutor Angela Corey has promised to release additional information about the case once she makes a decision about whether to charge Zimmerman, something that could happen at any time.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/28/454206/trayvon-martin-5-unanswered-questions/?mobile=nc

Trayvon Martin's family asks probe of prosecutor

"Trayvon Martin's parents allege in a letter sent to the Department of Justice that State Attorney Norm Wolfinger met with the Sanford police chief within hours of the teen's death and that together they overruled a detective's recommendation that the shooter, George Zimmerman, be charged with manslaughter. The letter claims a lead investigator filed an affidavit stating that he didn't find Zimmerman's story credible.

Wolfinger, calling the allegations "lies," said no meeting took place. "I'm outraged by the outright lies contained in the letter," he said in a statement. "I encourage the Justice Department to investigate and document that no such meeting or communication occurred.""

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/trayvon-martin-s-family-asks-probe-of-prosecutor-1.3639227

Prosecutor: Account that he, police chief opted not to arrest Martin's shooter a 'lie

In the letter delivered Monday, the Martin family said that a Sanford police detective "filed an affidavit stating that he did not find Zimmerman's statements credible in light of the circumstances and facts surrounding the shooting."
The family said Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee and State Attorney Norm Wolfinger met the night of the shooting and disregarded the detective's advice, letting Zimmerman go.
Neither Sanford police nor prosecutors have confirmed the existence of such an affidavit, which ABC News first reported. Sanford officials and special prosecutor Angela Corey's office declined comment.
But Wolfinger, who stepped aside in the case last month, vehemently denies that any "such meeting or communication occurred" between him and Lee.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/02/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

The funny thing is that if anyone wanted to it wouldn't be hard to get the guy's address. Granted tweeting it to the world (or trying to I should say) probably isn't the best idea, but it isn't as private as people think. As for what he hoped they'd do with it, he probably hoped they'd do the Christian thing. What that means exactly, is open to your interpretation.;)

gotta say, that was kind of a dick move by Spike Lee. While it is public information that is sort of readily available if you decide to go searching for property tax records and such, being a public figure with many followers on twitter, Spike Lee most certainly should not have advertised the information.

If nothing else, it just adds that much more to a story that is the pinnacle of the failing of journalism. Heresay is being reported as fact and opinion is being obfuscated as information by the talking heads. It's the perfect case of "we have little to no information so we're going to fill in the gaps" that has become the norm in the 24hr news world. Used to be that you'd read the paper in the morning to get a more full fledged/investigated version of what you saw on dinner time news tv the night before. Now people can flick between 4 or 5 news sources that have to constantly update their information to prevent you from switching channels. To use the parlance of The Dude, new shit doesn't necessarily come to light that quickly.

If only Lee had apologized, is covering their relocation expenses, and gave them an additional settlement to try and make things right...

What Lee did wasn't a good use of his celebrity, but I'm still going to play the partisan hack and say that this could've all been avoided if the local cops didn't screw the pooch on this one.

I still think a lot of people only want the justice seem to work...not really kill Zimmerman. Treys parents are not calling for the death of the guy they are calling the police to actually do something at this point.

I think the vast majority of people are just balls out disappointed and confused at the lack of police work done with the death of a child and the more we find out the worse it gets. The barely even questioned the guy before letting him go, barely followed up ( a month later) and have barely put a cap on the firestorm.

bread's done
Back