Black XBox Wireless controller with Wireless USB receiver $39.99 @ Amazon

Guerrilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B002TIW7OI/

MSRPs for $60, but has been sitting at $48 for quite some time. $39.99 is a great deal, considering the controller itself usually goes for $35-40 and the wireless receiver isn't sold by itself any more (and usually goes for $20+ used)

JP reports that you can sync 4 controllers with one receiver on your computer. These are standard XBox wireless controllers that you can use with the receiver or with your XBox 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kayatai']Good deal, sorry I reposted it :) Closed the other thread.[/QUOTE]
It's all good - I figured I'd put that up in case the mods wanted to merge the two threads.

Good find, I would change the title to "with Wireless Reciever" because I thought you were talking about the xbox 360 wireless g adapter.

Dang I just bought one of these for $48 to go with the $15 deal for Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City so I could play it with the controller. Good deal though.

[quote name='VidPower']cool part about the receiver is that you can have 4 wireless controllers connected to it at once[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that, considering picking this up since DiRT 2 handles like shit with a keyboard.

[quote name='menikmati']I didn't know that, considering picking this up since DiRT 2 handles like shit with a keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Controller works perfectly with Dirt 2. but just FYI I think the cars just handle like you are driving on soap no matter what in that game.

Was about to buy when my wife tells me to not buy it; of course I say screw that I'm buying it... and she is forced to reveal she already bought me one :D

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Was about to buy when my wife tells me to not buy it; of course I say screw that I'm buying it... and she is forced to reveal she already bought me one :D[/QUOTE]

haha nice man. I swear half way through reading your sentence I got pissed off, but then I was like awww.

[quote name='VidPower']cool part about the receiver is that you can have 4 wireless controllers connected to it at once[/QUOTE]

I can only get one wireless controller to work with my pc and the adapter, and a call to Microsoft recently confirmed to me that it takes one receiver for each controller on a PC.

So how did you get your receiver to accept multiple controllers? I have Split Second on PC and no luck at all with it reading a second controller.

[quote name='nightowl2006']I can only get one wireless controller to work with my pc and the adapter, and a call to Microsoft recently confirmed to me that it takes one receiver for each controller on a PC.

So how did you get your receiver to accept multiple controllers? I have Split Second on PC and no luck at all with it reading a second controller.[/QUOTE]
I also thought it was 4 per receiver... this will be disappointing indeed if it's only 1.

All the promo information I've found says 4 receivers and headsets. I'll test here in about 45 minutes when I go home for lunch.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Mine hasn't shipped, even with prime... hmmm. :whistle2:k Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Ya, mine shipped on Monday with Prime. Apparently its already been delievered to my house (@work atm).

[quote name='JP']Sorry guys wasn't able to verify during lunch, I promise I will here in about an hour and a half.[/QUOTE]

will patiently wait to hear back. probalby doesn't matter, i need the wireless adapter and most likely will jump on this. i have too many dam controllers, but $40 for adapter + controller, or adapter by itself for 30? might as well get the bundle.

Oh definitely a good price for the bundle. I had like 20 minutes to grab lunch before I had to go do a wireless survey at a building site so verifying multiple controllers on the receiver wasn't high on my list.

I was able to get 3 controllers connected and synced and usable on my pc in about 30 seconds. I only have 3 wireless controllers but I figure if I had a 4th it would work fine too. It works just like on the 360, you hold the button on the receiver until it starts flashing, then hold the button on the 360 controller once on and it syncs immediately.

Edit: Damn it, I hate double posting.

the receiver doesn't look like it has a ring (or does it light up?) so will it tell you which controller is assigned to #1, #2, #3, #4 like on xbox? or does the lights on the controller tell you where it's assigned? probably doesn't matter with pc since it will just see it as multiple usb devices connected?

The receiver doesn't have a ring, just that single light but the controllers do light up like when they are connected to the 360 and say which position they are.

So, this controller can work with the 360 too, correct? Stupid question, perhaps, but I don't want it if it's just for Windows. I don't play on my PC too often.

The controller can work with either, you just have to sync it to whichever you are going to use. If you decide to play it on the pc you just resync it, and vice versa.

Thanks for the rundown JP; I was hoping to get mine in to give feedback, but I see you already did that while Amazon took their sweet time shipping it to me (3 days with Prime!). :lol:

Price is back to $39.99 after having been raised to $48.99 for a week(ish). Maybe I can justify buying it during this sale period just for the USB receiver to play one PC game.

I did just that, bought it to play one PC game. Then I found myself playing countless other PC games on it. I never expected the versatility that having a gamepad would bring, but suddenly all sorts of demos and games come along that I prefer playing on a gamepad, and that I may not have tried otherwise. Even using it for emulators is preferable to a keyboard.

bread's done
Back