blackberry storm or curve

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Currently in the market for a new phone, and need a either smartphone or blackberry for email and such for work. Currently with verizon and get a 25% off monthly plan, and right now Im able to get the 8330 curve for free, and the storm for 50. Anyone have the the storm? Been reading reviews and its mixed, hate or love it. As for the curve its fairly solid where most people like it. Any suggestions??

I love my Curve. Out of the box, it's nothing special - but the latest update added video and flash support.

the storm is crazy slow and the touchpad will get annoying since all of the qwerty keys dont fit onto the screen. go for the curve

itll be my first blackberry, and unfortunately i do need one.... thought i could avoid using one but its just becoming tough not to have one. Constantly needing to check emails from work and follow ups.
I played with the curve for awhile and do like it, small and able to get everything done. As for the storm, I kinda want to try a touchscreen to see if I'll like it. Few friends have the iphone and they love it besides there bill sometimes. As for the storm its fairly new and kinks are being worked out, I do have 30 days to return it as well if I dont like it. So I may just go with the storm and use it for awhile, if I hate Ill get the curve. Also does anyone know if Verizon is coming out with the bb8900?

If your going to get one of the other get the storm, if you don't like it you can sell it, buy a curve, and probably make a small profit.

Read reviews that the Storm's interface had a bunch of problems. Over at lifehacker, the say that a firmware upgrade is coming soon for the storm which could potentially fix these issues.

Touch screenwise, the storm and iphone are completely different. Apple uses the electricity from you finger to do all the touch screen actions, which is why it is so fluid (also, if you use a stylus or anything like that, it won't work, a little dumb fact there). The storm uses pressure from your touch to recognize what actions to do.

Don't you also have to pay like $20 for the exchange if want a different phone with verizon?

Do you have a verizon store anywhere near you? Not a kiosk, but a true B&M ?

I was really jones-ing for the Storm, fortunately the B&M had usable units on display ... I spent about 30 minutes auditioning the storm, and decided it was not for me.

Yeah, I was all hyped for the storm myself, until I actually put my hands on one. It doesn't even come close to being comparable to the Iphone. It claims it supports full html, but the only thing it would bring up was mobile web garbage. First I tested the in store model, turned to find a sales man and asked him about it. His reponse was, well that shouldn't be, I get full html on mine. So I tried his out and yet again all I could get was mobile web pages. I tried cnn yahoo and youtube. When you go to a page on the Iphone it is displayed exactly as it would be on your pc. Now its time for me to change from Verizon to Cingular unless they plan on offering up the Iphone to other networks.

cough*iphone*cough ... unless you absolutely, positively need a blackberry ... a friend of mine got the Storm, loved showing it off for the first week or so ... and currently hates it ... the iphone is a bit more feature friendly with the apps store, but I know that the Enterprise aspect isn't as fully supported today (although, it keeps getting better). From what I know though, I would recommend the Curve. Or an iPhone ... because really, it's more fun and you can do 90% of the things that a "Smart Phone" can do, plus tons more with the apps that keep coming out.

went with the storm for now... reviews of it are hit and miss, experienced a few problems, going to basically try it out for a few weeks before the 30 days is up and decide then. I do prefer my old lg flip phone, lot easier to use, don't mind the internet access on the storm, I do get the full website view. Have'nt really played with the iphone, but hear great things about it. Storm is different and dialing in the car is a tough, its more of a phone where you have to sit down and use it almost (guess for a beginner)

Just be sure to watch the Storm closely, the only reason I say that is because my friend started having an issue where it would randomly shut off after using it for 3 weeks or so. It could have just been an issue with her phone, but if it starts doing that I'd just be aware that it could be a more substantial issue. Have fun with your new phone though, I've also talked to some folks who really like their Storms too.

storm actually felt kinda clunky to me.(i really wanted it too..)... im waiting for the next line from verizon.. hopefully they get the bold or something similar

I have the Storm and the iPhone and the Storm is not so great. I don't want to go back to my pearl, but when the 8900 or 9000 is out for Verizon, I might trade it in.

yeah, i wouldnt mind getting the 8900 or 9000, but when is it do out? So far not many problems with the storm, so much you can do with it and all the extra applications that can be downloaded. crackberry is a good site to look at, I do like the music player on this, works pretty good like an ipod touch. Not a fan where its kinda hard to call someone if driving, but the voice call has been working pretty good. So if 8900 or 9000 come out soon I may switch, but I am enjoying the touchscreen somewhat..

Ive never used either but continually hear nothing but bad things about the storm. I have never picked the thing up but I think from watching the commercials that the click noise from touching the screen would get annoying as shit.

Yeah, I'd go for the Curve over the Storm. After having a touch screen phone for over a year now (Motorola MING A1200), I decided to switch over to BlackBerry and got myself the 9000 BOLD (I'm on AT&T/Cingular).

I was never really a big fan of the iPhone, but I did give it a quick second and thought about buying one, but I decided to go for the BlackBerry Bold and I do not regret my purchase at all!

yeah, I want to give the storm a try for a few weeks and decide on it... It does have its perks to it, and flaws. From crackberry its basically that the hardware is before its time, and the software is still catching up. I may most likely go with the curve, but would like to get the bold. Possibly even switch over to sprint network, deals seem alittle better for service wise for the data plans.

bread's done
Back